There are a lotta nuts on here

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#14046 Feb 26, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether I do or not is IRRELEVANT.....you are entitled to your beliefs and I am ENTITLED to mine and they are NOT the same and YOUR way is right for you, but YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DICTATE TO ME ABOUT HOW I SHOULD BELIEVE.....and I will NEVER believe as you do!!!
No one can force you to do anything, but you won't be able to be righteous before a Holy God without Christ Jesus. Even our best works are as filthy rags in the eyes of God (Isa 64:6, Isaiah 57:12). Only the BLOOD of the Lamb of God can make you righteous!(Hebrews 9:22)

Titus 3:5- Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#14047 Feb 26, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Then, you do not believe in the Holy Trinity.
There is God.
There is God's Word.
Jesus is the Word.
Jesus is one of the three persons of God.
The other is the Holy Spirit: "John 14:26 says: "But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you."
So, the Holy Spirit is also a person of the God Head/Holy Trinity.
"Bear always in mind that this is the rule of faith which I profess; by it I testify that the Father, and the Son, and the Spirit are inseparable from each other, and so will you know in what sense this is said. Now, observe, my assertion is that the Father is one, and the Son one, and the Spirit one, and that They are distinct from Each Other. This statement is taken in a wrong sense by every uneducated as well as every perversely disposed person, as if it predicated a diversity, in such a sense as to imply a separation among the Father, and the Son, and the Spirit...Happily the Lord Himself employs this expression of the person of the Paraclete, so as to signify not a division or severance, but a disposition (of mutual relations in the Godhead); for He says,'I will pray the Father, and He shall send you another Comforter.... even the Spirit of truth,' thus making the Paraclete distinct from Himself, even as we say that the Son is also distinct from the Father; so that He showed a third degree in the Paraclete, as we believe the second degree is in the Son, by reason of the order observed in the Economy.” Tertullian, Against Praxeas, 9 (A.D. 213).
Yes I believe in the Trinity. The baptism of Jesus is the perfect example of it. So quit your lying. You might want to actually read the Bible sometime.

Matthew 3:16-17
16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

John from Texas

“It's all in your head”

Since: Dec 12

United States

#14048 Feb 26, 2013
God is real wrote:
<quoted text>
Hydrogen and helium, where did the atoms come from that make up the substance...
And don't tell me E=MC2. That's a pathetic cop out. If that's the case everything is E=MC2
There has to be origins of the matter involved.
Maybe the "matter" is God. Ever consider that?
Always was and always will be. All powerful, all knowing and all that stuff.

John from Texas

“It's all in your head”

United States

#14049 Feb 26, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
He died the year I was born.
What a sad thought. Maybe you gained a part of him.
Bob Marley's birthday is a day after mine. Everything is cool in it's own way.
Peace

John from Texas

“It's all in your head”

United States

#14050 Feb 26, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
No one can force you to do anything, but you won't be able to be righteous before a Holy God without Christ Jesus. Even our best works are as filthy rags in the eyes of God (Isa 64:6, Isaiah 57:12). Only the BLOOD of the Lamb of God can make you righteous!(Hebrews 9:22)
Titus 3:5- Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Do you have any thoughts of your own?

John from Texas

“It's all in your head”

United States

#14051 Feb 26, 2013
It's the department of redundancy department.

“Jesus Conquered Death ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#14052 Feb 26, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you dear sister in Christ for your kind words. I pray that God Blesses you and makes all of your ways prosperous.
Numbers 6:24-26
24 The Lord bless thee, and keep thee:
25 The Lord make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
26 The Lord lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
You are welcome Romans......thank you so much. My prayer is the same for you my friend.

Cookie_Parker

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#14053 Feb 26, 2013
I am Servant wrote:
Good Evening Friends. Had a very busy day.
Glad to hear it.

Hope you have a good night, too.

Since: Dec 09

Chicago, IL

#14054 Feb 26, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps the posting of her mom's pic was a reaction due to constantly being a victim of her abuse..........
Some might look at the posting of Native's mom's pic as a sin, but was it?
Or, was it a reaction to undue stress by another attempting to ruin another persons reputation through constant 'gossip'/accusations/threats of lawsuits/threats of using these accusations against another through their own church?
Both parties did wrong things, yes.
Many posters have not addressed this action of posting Native's mom's pic. I am one. Why?
One reason is that I never actually saw the pic. That was when my computer broke down. The pic had been removed, and I never even knew who posted it till much later. By then, the whole thing had blown up to a 'war'.
I think it is because too much was coming FROM Native, not just at IAS, but at many posters. She had my name on her long list of posters she was going to sue.
Some posters have told Native that it must have hurt her for that to do done.
Didn't change anything.
Many posters have tried to reach out to Native, gently asking her to ease up, get on with her life, whatever.
Didn't change anything.
Too many are just tired of this whole thing, and to add to it, too many are told they are not a Christian if they don't 'take sides' also.
Any poster who ever disagrees with Native instantly became her enemy and, sooner or later, would be bashed in some way by her or one of her few friends here.
So, this is just my opinion. Many didn't come to Native's defense because they, too, had been one of her victims one time too many.
Perhaps many should have at least said 'Native, I am sorry this happened to you'. I wonder, at this point, if it would have only counted according to WHO said it to her.
That's my say.
Good evening, dearest Nettie.
I have no argument with ANYthing you've said!
You're telling it like it is, and it was nothing but the truth.
Let me make myself clearly understood.
I was not addressing the action of posting the obit photo, the right or wrong or why of it, or who did or didn't do what, or to whom.
I was addressing only that action's still lingering effect on Native in the present.
And it's BECAUSE everything you said was true regarding WHY the majority consensus on Native here is negative, and because Laci was getting flacked for sympathizing with Native's pain, that I thought describing what it's like from Native's perspective might need reminding.
xo

Y_is_here

Saudi Arabia

#14055 Feb 26, 2013
Kooks, you've been told to leave me out of your trolling people here in this moving clown car insane asylum in which you fit so well.

You've also been told to keep my name out of your mouth, off your keyboard, and off anywhere you post if you can manage to figure out what's good for you.

Get the drift, Kooks? ;)

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#14056 Feb 26, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
No one can force you to do anything, but you won't be able to be righteous before a Holy God without Christ Jesus.
You SIMPLY don't get it.......YOUR BELIEFS are NEVER going to be mine beliefs and YOU DON'T GET TO TELL ME HOW TO BELIEVE.......no matter what, you are VIOLATING MY FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHTS!!!

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#14058 Feb 26, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
They have to accept the free gift of salvation through Christ Jesus (Ephesians 2:8-9, Romans 10:9-10). Except a person be born again they cannot see the Kingdom of God!(John 3:3)
No they don't. As Christians we are bound by the mandates of the New Testament but people of other religions are bound by other similar mandates. Maybe Jesus Christ is behind the whole thing but He's not going to send good people to hell just 'cause Romans told Him to.

You're silly.

John from Texas

“It's all in your head”

Buda, TX

#14059 Feb 26, 2013
Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>Norcal.. just tell RR to go 'f' herself. She will!
RR is a her?? Just wondering. I don't want to refer to RR by the wrong gender.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#14060 Feb 26, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
You lack spiritual understanding of the Bible. Jesus is God come in the flesh, so you need to keep that in mind when reading His words. He already knows everything, He created everything, He is the Alpha and Omega. Jesus is the Word made flesh!
1) Fruits can and do sometimes grow out of season.
2) Figs usually appear before the leaves, so since the tree already had leaves, that's good indicator that there may be figs on it.
3) The FIG TREE represents ISRAEL. I could go deep into this subject but I won't right now. But I will say that Messiah came right on schedule as prophesied in the book of Daniel (Dan 9:25-26). There is no doubt that Jesus is Lord!
4) The FIG TREE is symbolic of REAL Christians vs FAKE Christians. A REAL Christian will produce fruit, while a FAKE Christian may look like a REAL Christian from the distance (outside appearance) but they don't produce fruit since they are not really Christians and thus they will be cursed, i.e.-cut down and cast into the fire.(John 15:5-8)
Let me see if I understand this. If the Bible says the entire fate of humanity hinges on an argument over a pomegranite between a naked lady and a talking snake then that's really what happened but if the Bible says a fig tree has no figs because figs are out of season then that has nothing to do with figs or fig trees.

Yet still you wonder why people think you're an idiot.

John from Texas

“It's all in your head”

Buda, TX

#14061 Feb 26, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
You lack spiritual understanding of the Bible. Jesus is God come in the flesh, so you need to keep that in mind when reading His words. He already knows everything, He created everything, He is the Alpha and Omega. Jesus is the Word made flesh!
1) Fruits can and do sometimes grow out of season.
2) Figs usually appear before the leaves, so since the tree already had leaves, that's good indicator that there may be figs on it.
3) The FIG TREE represents ISRAEL. I could go deep into this subject but I won't right now. But I will say that Messiah came right on schedule as prophesied in the book of Daniel (Dan 9:25-26). There is no doubt that Jesus is Lord!
4) The FIG TREE is symbolic of REAL Christians vs FAKE Christians. A REAL Christian will produce fruit, while a FAKE Christian may look like a REAL Christian from the distance (outside appearance) but they don't produce fruit since they are not really Christians and thus they will be cursed, i.e.-cut down and cast into the fire.(John 15:5-8)
I thought I told you to trash the crack pipe.

“What game?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#14062 Feb 26, 2013
Thinking wrote:
I'll give you an alibi.
<quoted text>
LOL.

I don't know you well enough to respond.

Hi, I'm River Tam. I'll eat your posts alive and spit out the sharp pieces.

I will only do that in fun. I don't want you to get mad at me.

;-)

Since: Dec 09

Chicago, IL

#14063 Feb 26, 2013
Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>Janee, have you not been reading natives old posts that have been brought forward from 2008? Well before any of what you have posted about here. Native has no leg to stand on in ANY defense of what others have done to annoy/harass her over.
She brought everything she received unto herself. Period. EVERYONE has consequences to their actions to include native/born again christian/penny/christian female/bible student/bible studant/ et al and her harassment she exercised when she arrived here 5 yrs ago.
Nuff said.
Oh no, not you too, Troth!
It's just like I was saying to somebody a few days ago, I can't seem to say anything lately that doesn't get taken wrong!
In that comment, I was only attempting to describe the feelings Native experiences in herself when she's here posting. I was in NO way condoning, excusing, justifying, OR defending her behavior.
I'm as aware as you are of aware Native's history, having witnessed both her past and present reprehensible conduct here. But regardless of how indefensible her conduct, or how deserving she is of being the victim of the consequences of her own actions, I'll not surrender objectivity to emotionally informed bias.
Nor will I abstain from love, not even when appraising the most detestable of forsaken unfortunates.
But we're still good, right?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#14064 Feb 26, 2013
janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
God is within us. But neither ALL, nor any one of us, IS God!
A few of the more err... ardent fundies seem to think otherwise.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#14065 Feb 26, 2013
Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>Norcal.. just tell RR to go 'f' herself. She will!
Do ya think they could handle that all by themselves?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#14067 Feb 26, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
I rebuke you lesbian spirit in Satan's Name. The Blood of Satan against you.
Do you have anything to add besides your constant Satanic curses?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible Interpretation 2 min Rogbeatsoff 2,006
Early Christianity 4 min Rogwhacksoff 306
Intelligent People Question Everything 5 min DEMONFINDER2 1,114
The Absurdity Of Faith 46 min little lamb 308
The Nativity Story 1 hr The Tongue 244
Who Invented the Trinity? (Nov '13) 1 hr ROG 598
is it me or who else can see demons and angels ? (Nov '11) 1 hr ROG 333
Hearing Voices (the supernatural world) (Feb '16) 6 hr par five 1,121
More from around the web