There are a lotta nuts on here

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#10110 Feb 11, 2013
AFP123 wrote:
<quoted text>
It has been a long strange trip within cyberspace for me. I have been reading topix locally for a number of years and decided to join only recently. As a forum owner and editor of a local news source I try to gather information from a very wide variety of sources. And since my ownership of this news source is strictly self-supporting I have to think outside of the box when it comes to gathering information. So that is how I came to join topic locally.
One of the things I do as a editor is read, and in reading and searching topix I eventually ran across a ghost from the past; a very bad ghost that takes the screen name of the person you mention above. I'll not bore you with the details but suffice to say that due to my experiences with this individual I felt it prudent to see what they were up to.
And I agree with your statement that it is a public forum and membership is open to everyone, and I take that to heart. It is how I run my own forum. And it is within that vein that I posted something to that person just as a means to let her know I am aware of what she is doing. Nothing more than that was intended other than perhaps a little something to warn others of her games and tricks. But apparently that is not something you feel is necessary or even desired by the thousands of members of topix. And if so than so be it, I shall leave the field to you and your fellow members to do with as you please, and revert back to reading things that interest me.
Is it then permissible for one to interject an occasional question or two, just for clarification sake?
Actually, I find your post rather nice and I appreciate you explaining things, some haven't done that and others have a need to make more of it......frankly, I know people who have done business with that poster and have had no issues, but then again......that might mean nothing or it might mean something.

This quote by you is something that bothers me, "But apparently that is not something you feel is necessary or even desired by the thousands of members of topix". I don't truly believe that is what I said or implied, but let's face it.......just because some have an issue with a particular poster, doesn't mean all will.......and I don't know what transpired between you and that poster, or what happen between that poster and others, but I do know this much......whatever is the issue, it is on like 5 different forums and in several different threads......it affects posters in the Welch forum, Delano forum, Christian forum, topix forum and probably some I don't even know about........and it seems to be something that continues to grow and include folks who might not even know all that is going on........I know that this issue or mess as caused people to want to leave topix because they are tired of stepping in it........like I said, I don't have a bone or stake in this issue and I don't know what started it......I have been on topix for awhile now and I know that the he said, she said, they said, we said game is never ending......it is just my opinion that all parties need to find some resolution, if possible.

I'm not perfect and have my own issues with some, but over the years I have tried different approaches to resolve the issue, but I finally realized that it can NEVER truly be resolved......so, I try not to engage those who I have a history with.....not saying it works, but I try.

Anyways, thanks for the conversation and hopefully we can chat again!!!

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#10111 Feb 11, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
He's a catholic, a very FUNDAMENTAL catholic.
LOS ANGELES (Reuters)- After waging war against what they see as radical changes made by the Vatican, Catholic traditionalists have a new weapon: star power in the person of actor Mel Gibson, according to an article to be published on Sunday in the New York Times Magazine.
---
Gibson, a follower of traditional Catholicism with its Latin mass and rejection of Vatican II reforms, helped finance construction of a new traditionalist church near Malibu and is completing a self-financed film in two dead languages -- Aramaic and Latin -- on the last 12 hours in the life of Christ, the article said. http://rense.com/general35/trad.htm
And you only read and research what YOU believe and what YOU believe is a lie.
And looking within YOURSElF is the problem with the world because there is nothing inherently good in us and that goes for you too.
And you are so correct in saying there is a LOT you don't know but you don't let that stop you in bashing Christians, do you? Because I tell you, you know NOTHING of Christianity and what little you do know you learned from a corrupt catholic teacher.
Mel Gibson does not recognize Vatican II and, thus, the Vatican does not recognize Mel Gibson's church either as being a part of the Catholic Church.

And: Among traditionalists, there is a more extreme group affiliated with the ultra-conservative stream of Catholicism known as Sedevacantism, meaning, "the seat [of the papacy] is empty." They believe there has been no legitimate pope since 1958.

Gibson's church is about 10 years old now. This is not new news, Wayne.

Interesting tidbit for you, Wayne....
Gibson believes just as I do on this one:

in a 2006 interview, Gibson told Diane Sawyer his belief system did not bar the door to heaven to Jews, Muslims, and Protestants. "That's not the case at all – absolutely not. It is possible for people who are not even Christian to get into the kingdom of heaven."

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#10112 Feb 11, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
He's a catholic, a very FUNDAMENTAL catholic.
LOS ANGELES (Reuters)- After waging war against what they see as radical changes made by the Vatican, Catholic traditionalists have a new weapon: star power in the person of actor Mel Gibson, according to an article to be published on Sunday in the New York Times Magazine.
---
Gibson, a follower of traditional Catholicism with its Latin mass and rejection of Vatican II reforms, helped finance construction of a new traditionalist church near Malibu and is completing a self-financed film in two dead languages -- Aramaic and Latin -- on the last 12 hours in the life of Christ, the article said. http://rense.com/general35/trad.htm
And you only read and research what YOU believe and what YOU believe is a lie.
And looking within YOURSElF is the problem with the world because there is nothing inherently good in us and that goes for you too.
And you are so correct in saying there is a LOT you don't know but you don't let that stop you in bashing Christians, do you? Because I tell you, you know NOTHING of Christianity and what little you do know you learned from a corrupt catholic teacher.
You said:

I say:
The Holy See Catechism of the Catholic Church

PART THREE
LIFE IN CHRIST

SECTION ONE
MAN'S VOCATION LIFE IN THE SPIRIT

CHAPTER ONE
THE DIGNITY OF THE HUMAN PERSON

ARTICLE 6
MORAL CONSCIENCE

1776 "Deep within his conscience man discovers a law which he has not laid upon himself but which he must obey. Its voice, ever calling him to love and to do what is good and to avoid evil, sounds in his heart at the right moment.... For man has in his heart a law inscribed by God.... His conscience is man's most secret core and his sanctuary. There he is alone with God whose voice echoes in his depths."47

I. THE JUDGMENT OF CONSCIENCE

1777 Moral conscience,48 present at the heart of the person, enjoins him at the appropriate moment to do good and to avoid evil. It also judges particular choices, approving those that are good and denouncing those that are evil.49 It bears witness to the authority of truth in reference to the supreme Good to which the human person is drawn, and it welcomes the commandments. When he listens to his conscience, the prudent man can hear God speaking.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#10113 Feb 11, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Mel Gibson does not recognize Vatican II and, thus, the Vatican does not recognize Mel Gibson's church either as being a part of the Catholic Church.
And: Among traditionalists, there is a more extreme group affiliated with the ultra-conservative stream of Catholicism known as Sedevacantism, meaning, "the seat [of the papacy] is empty." They believe there has been no legitimate pope since 1958.
Gibson's church is about 10 years old now. This is not new news, Wayne.
Interesting tidbit for you, Wayne....
Gibson believes just as I do on this one:
in a 2006 interview, Gibson told Diane Sawyer his belief system did not bar the door to heaven to Jews, Muslims, and Protestants. "That's not the case at all – absolutely not. It is possible for people who are not even Christian to get into the kingdom of heaven."
lol Don't make the mistake of thinking I am holding Gibson up as a good catholic by any means. Just being a catholic makes him not very Christian. I am only saying he is more traditional and BIBLICALLY correct than YOU. Who gives a crap about the vatican rules and regulations? You know not me.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#10114 Feb 11, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
lol Don't make the mistake of thinking I am holding Gibson up as a good catholic by any means. Just being a catholic makes him not very Christian. I am only saying he is more traditional and BIBLICALLY correct than YOU. Who gives a crap about the vatican rules and regulations? You know not me.
BS, Wayne.
You brought him up and for a reason, a twisted one as it turns out.
Typical of you, however.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#10115 Feb 12, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>You said:
I say:
The Holy See Catechism of the Catholic Church
PART THREE
LIFE IN CHRIST
SECTION ONE
MAN'S VOCATION LIFE IN THE SPIRIT
CHAPTER ONE
THE DIGNITY OF THE HUMAN PERSON
ARTICLE 6
MORAL CONSCIENCE
1776 "Deep within his conscience man discovers a law which he has not laid upon himself but which he must obey. Its voice, ever calling him to love and to do what is good and to avoid evil, sounds in his heart at the right moment.... For man has in his heart a law inscribed by God.... His conscience is man's most secret core and his sanctuary. There he is alone with God whose voice echoes in his depths."47
I. THE JUDGMENT OF CONSCIENCE
1777 Moral conscience,48 present at the heart of the person, enjoins him at the appropriate moment to do good and to avoid evil. It also judges particular choices, approving those that are good and denouncing those that are evil.49 It bears witness to the authority of truth in reference to the supreme Good to which the human person is drawn, and it welcomes the commandments. When he listens to his conscience, the prudent man can hear God speaking.
The word of God trumps your corrupt catechism every time.

Proverbs 14:12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Isaiah 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Mark 10:18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#10116 Feb 12, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
The word of God trumps your corrupt catechism every time.
Proverbs 14:12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.
Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
Isaiah 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.
Mark 10:18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.
"The Word of God is a light for our path. We must assimilate it in faith and prayer and put it into practice. This is how moral conscience is formed."

Paragraph 1802, CCC.

“What game?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#10117 Feb 12, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
lok All you have to do is post and people know you are full of shit. The bible DOES tell us who killed Christ and Gibson just let it speak. I doubt if you are even able to understand thefollowing. You're just a child.
1 Thessalonians 2:14 For ye, brethren, became followers of the churches of God which in Judaea are in Christ Jesus: for ye also have suffered like things of your own countrymen, even as they have of the Jews:
1 Thessalonians 2:15 Who both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men:
The thing you seem to keep forgetting is:

Your god is a figment of your imagination. Your scary book means nothing to me.

Clear now?
moki

Hove, UK

#10118 Feb 12, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Mel Gibson told us the truth about who killed Jesus?
Don't you think the Bible should have told us that?
2000 years later, Mel Gibson (the appointed one) tells us the "real" facts about The Christ.
You'reafuckinloon but a funny one :)
The irony is Mel Gibson has said bigoted things about Jewish people and Jesus was JEWISH!
moki

Hove, UK

#10119 Feb 12, 2013
..the only good thing about Mel Gibson is he is friends with Jodie Foster...

“What game?”

Location hidden

#10120 Feb 12, 2013
moki wrote:
..the only good thing about Mel Gibson is he is friends with Jodie Foster...
I sat on Jodie Foster's lap once at some sort of Yale function. My parents have a picture. I was like 3. They didn't know she was gay then, I'm guessing.
Thinking

Cullompton, UK

#10121 Feb 12, 2013
That's where you caught it then. Or vice versa?
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I sat on Jodie Foster's lap once at some sort of Yale function. My parents have a picture. I was like 3. They didn't know she was gay then, I'm guessing.
moki

Hove, UK

#10122 Feb 12, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Luckily u 2 meet one of the greatest Lesbian Icons when u were young River (...and one of the most beautiful women in the world...)!

P.S. r u folks O.K. with the fact u r gay?

P.P.S. Have u ever meet any other Lesbians Icons?
moki

Hove, UK

#10123 Feb 12, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong! People r BORN gay!! I'm glad River is a lesbian...

“What game?”

Location hidden

#10124 Feb 12, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
I may have peed on her, a little bit.

How many people can say that?

“What game?”

Location hidden

#10125 Feb 12, 2013
moki wrote:
<quoted text>
Luckily u 2 meet one of the greatest Lesbian Icons when u were young River (...and one of the most beautiful women in the world...)!
P.S. r u folks O.K. with the fact u r gay?
P.P.S. Have u ever meet any other Lesbians Icons?
My parents deal with it Moki. What choice do they have?

I don't think I've met any other lesbian icons. I try to keep a low profile ;)

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

#10128 Feb 12, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe me monkey boy, if I ever go gay
you already did! Remember? Shall we dredge up your admittance posts?

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

#10129 Feb 12, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
lok All you have to do is post and people know you are full of shit.
Look, all you have to do is post and people know you are full of shit. and your diaper is full!

(fixed the poor grammar as well)

“The Topix Legend of "GS8"!”

Since: Sep 10

Manalapan, FL

#10130 Feb 12, 2013
Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>you already did! Remember? Shall we dredge up your admittance posts?
Darling I can see you need my invaluable perceptive on this matter. Troth, Dear, and I mean this in a heartfelt kind way; you need to find a new outlet for your built up anger and frustrations.
Thinking

Cullompton, UK

#10133 Feb 12, 2013
Don't worry, River will know I'm only joking. There's no homophobia in me, quite the reverse. But few jokes are off limits for me.
moki wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong! People r BORN gay!! I'm glad River is a lesbian...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hearing Voices (the supernatural world) (Feb '16) 38 min par five 1,121
gen 49: 27 54 min DEMONFINDER2 842
The Nativity Story 56 min DEMONFINDER2 239
is it me or who else can see demons and angels ? (Nov '11) 1 hr DEMONFINDER2 332
Who Invented the Trinity? (Nov '13) 1 hr DEMONFINDER2 597
Bible Interpretation 1 hr DEMONFINDER2 2,004
Jehovah Witnesses collect addresses and phone n... 1 hr DEMONFINDER2 129
Intelligent People Question Everything 1 hr Big Al 1,105
Early Christianity 1 hr Big Al 300
More from around the web