MrsMurphy

Chicago, IL

#9420 Feb 1, 2013
Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think anyone brought here undocumented by the republican party to drag down the wages of American citizens is NOT aware they can be deported. The problem is, what to do when they have children here? Separate parent and child? Send an American citizen back? Wouldn't that put MOST of here back to another nation?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/31/obam...
As lawmakers debate the Obama administration's commitment to immigration enforcement, a report released last week shows that 2 million people will be deported by 2014 -- more than the total number of deportations before 1997 -- if they continue at the current rate.
Tanya Golash-Boza, an associate professor of sociology at University of California-Merced, found that interior immigration enforcement has expanded rapidly as border-crossings have slowed down, leading to more families being separated by deportation.
Her analysis found that 2.1 million people were deported between 1892 and 1997. From there, the rate of deportations swelled, hitting a record in the 2012 fiscal year with more than 400,000 removals. Apprehensions by Immigration and Customs Enforcement went from 10 percent of those in the Department of Homeland Security overall in 2002 to nearly 50 percent by 2011, the report says.
And she found that nearly a quarter of the total deportations between July 2010 and the end of September 2012 involved parents of children who are United States citizens.
----------
Something wrong here,don't you think?
I do not believe the republicans are piggybacking illegals across the Rio Grand, they are finding their way all on their own. Deprt the kids right along mwith the mothers. Then she can apply to come back LEGALLY. Oh, I also think if they are felonns, and/ mental kmpaired they should stay in Mexico
MrsMurphy

Chicago, IL

#9421 Feb 1, 2013
Huntington Guy wrote:
<quoted text>I feel the same way, it amazes how anyone support ANYTHING that deals with those who came here Illegal, especially when it chokes out good people that would do more good for the local economy trying to get here legally. Besides, if we ever got that desperate, we could just simply bring more people here legally. Logic escapes Cookie Parker!
I deny no one a chance of living in this country. But do it legally. Do not reward illegals with a free trip to citizenship. Come here the proper way. Just because you plop a child out on American soil should also not mean citizenship. Illegals do not effecI at my food chain.. I was fortunate enough to marry an Amish man who knows how to survive on his own and I have learned to grow and hunt and fish for our dinner. We have wells and a pond. We are self sufficent. All those who scoffed at us will flock to our property when the shit hits the fan. My car don't start, I saddle up the horse, others sit on their arse.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#9422 Feb 1, 2013
MrsMurphy wrote:
<quoted text>I prefer drug dealers are put to death.. Like I said, you want to enter the country do it legally. If you are here illegally then face the chance of being deported, if youbecome legal but cannot accept the laws of the land and live within those laws then face being deported.. I am denying no one anything, just do it by the letter of the law.
While on the surface I agree with you, you need to investigate the bigger picture.

It all starts with these U.S. "free trade" agreements, that are not really "free trade" anything. They are only agreements with the U.S. banks to loan out money at interest rates guaranteed to impoverish other countries and allow U.S. corporation to come in and use it people as slaves while trashing their environment. Some U.S. corporations even have their own military to round up people and take out any dissidents. All of which has impoverished any country these evil "free trade" agreements are made with.

So in desperation, the Mexican people being closest, come here to try surviving. They face starving otherwise. They only want to live.

Now put yourself in their place. You either starve to death, or try moving somewhere you can survive. But the immigration laws in the nearest country (The U.S.) make it impossible to do it legally. So would you starve to death, or take your chances sneaking into a country where you have a chance of surviving?

Spread of Free Trade Agreements Threatens Poor Countries
from Kansas City Info Zine

The US and the EU are using regional and bilateral trade deals to attain concessions they cannot get at the World Trade Organization (WTO), with serious implications for poor countries' development, said a new report published by international agency Oxfam.

Twenty-five developing countries have now signed free trade deals with developed countries, with more under negotiation, according to the report, Signing Away the Future. In total, there are more than 250 regional or bilateral trade agreements in force today, governing 30% of world trade. The US Congress is now considering new Free Trade Agreements (FTAs) already signed with Colombia and Peru, agreements which will harm thousands of vulnerable small farmers, block access to affordable medicines and favor foreign investors, according to Oxfam.

"Trade could be an engine to lift millions out of poverty, but these agreements are simply bad for development," said Stephanie Burgos, Trade Policy Advisor for Oxfam America. "Agreements such as the ones with Peru and Colombia will only exacerbate poverty in countries by imposing hardships on developing country farmers, making access to affordable medicines more difficult, and constraining the kinds of policies developing country governments should enact to protect their own citizens and fight poverty."

The poorest people in developing countries often bear the brunt of FTAs, as seen in the case of Mexico and the North America Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). In the first ten years after the agreement was enacted, Mexico lost 1.3 million agricultural jobs, according to the report. Manufacturing jobs were initially created but competition from cheap labor in China led to 200,000 job losses between 2001 and 2004 as firms relocated. In Peru, studies show that up to 900,000 people could be left without access to medicines if the US-Peru trade agreement goes ahead.

"Mexico has already suffered the initial impacts of the NAFTA-I saw it first hand when I met with small-scale producers of corn in Chiapas - and it will be worse if they fully liberalize the market for corn, beans and rice," said Mexican actor Gael Garcia Bernal who has been working with Oxfam's Make Trade Fair Campaign. "These agreements demonstrate the absence of political will to transform trade into a tool in the fight against poverty."

http://povertynewsblog.blogspot.fi/2007/03/sp...

Since: Dec 09

United States

#9423 Feb 1, 2013
-The Star Reborn- wrote:
<quoted text>
That is one of my biggest gripes about going to a Catholic high school, no shop class.
And as to your experience with government Representatives and Senators, it's appalling how most refuse to do their elected jobs. But are goofing off or giving speeches for thousands of dollars. We had one U.S Representative whom I went to check his bill voting record, and was shocked to see page after page of no votes/no show. And the ONLY times he voted on any bills were those for the corporations that harmed us in some way. Yet the idiots kept voting him back into office. People need to check up on their elected officials, it's easy to do with the Internet.
My biggest gripe about the 7th grade in the public Jr. High School I went to was that they wouldn't LET me take Shop Class because I was a girl! I so wanted to learn to make a bird-house and those little wooden treasure boxes, but instead they forced me to take Home-Ec, which I hated every minute of - nutrition, cooking, keeping house, sewing - at least I got some revenge. I wore the cotton skirt I HAD to make to pass that class like a marytr's scars, year in and year out, till it fell apart!

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#9424 Feb 1, 2013
janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
My biggest gripe about the 7th grade in the public Jr. High School I went to was that they wouldn't LET me take Shop Class because I was a girl! I so wanted to learn to make a bird-house and those little wooden treasure boxes, but instead they forced me to take Home-Ec, which I hated every minute of - nutrition, cooking, keeping house, sewing - at least I got some revenge. I wore the cotton skirt I HAD to make to pass that class like a marytr's scars, year in and year out, till it fell apart!
In high school one of my brothers wanted to take home-ec because he was very interested in cooking, especially creating his own recipes, and also interested in learning how to sew.
He was made to take shop instead and was told that 'girls take home ec, boys take shop'.

United States

#9425 Feb 1, 2013
-The Star Reborn- wrote:
<quoted text>
While on the surface I agree with you, you need to investigate the bigger picture.
It all starts with these U.S. "free trade" agreements, that are not really "free trade" anything. They are only agreements with the U.S. banks to loan out money at interest rates guaranteed to impoverish other countries and allow U.S. corporation to come in and use it people as slaves while trashing their environment. Some U.S. corporations even have their own military to round up people and take out any dissidents. All of which has impoverished any country these evil "free trade" agreements are made with.
So in desperation, the Mexican people being closest, come here to try surviving. They face starving otherwise. They only want to live.
Now put yourself in their place. You either starve to death, or try moving somewhere you can survive. But the immigration laws in the nearest country (The U.S.) make it impossible to do it legally. So would you starve to death, or take your chances sneaking into a country where you have a chance of surviving?
The US and the EU are using regional and bilateral trade deals to attain concessions they cannot get at the World Trade Organization (WTO), with serious implications for poor countries' development, said a new report published by international agency Oxfam.
Twenty-five developing countries have now signed free trade deals with developed countries, with more under negotiation, according to the report, Signing Away the Future. In total, there are more than 250 regional or bilateral trade agreements in force today, governing 30% of world trade. The US Congress is now considering new Free Trade Agreements (FTAs) already signed with Colombia and Peru, agreements which will harm thousands of vulnerable small farmers, block access to affordable medicines and favor foreign investors, according to Oxfam.
"Trade could be an engine to lift millions out of poverty, but these agreements are simply bad for development," said Stephanie Burgos, Trade Policy Advisor for Oxfam America. "Agreements such as the ones with Peru and Colombia will only exacerbate poverty in countries by imposing hardships on developing country farmers, making access to affordable medicines more difficult, and constraining the kinds of policies developing country governments should enact to protect their own citizens and fight poverty."
The poorest people in developing countries often bear the brunt of FTAs, as seen in the case of Mexico and the North America Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). In the first ten years after the agreement was enacted, Mexico lost 1.3 million agricultural jobs, according to the report. Manufacturing jobs were initially created but competition from cheap labor in China led to 200,000 job losses between 2001 and 2004 as firms relocated. In Peru, studies show that up to 900,000 people could be left without access to medicines if the US-Peru trade agreement goes ahead.
"Mexico has already suffered the initial impacts of the NAFTA-I saw it first hand when I met with small-scale producers of corn in Chiapas - and it will be worse if they fully liberalize the market for corn, beans and rice," said Mexican actor Gael Garcia Bernal who has been working with Oxfam's Make Trade Fair Campaign. "These agreements demonstrate the absence of political will to transform trade into a tool in the fight against poverty."
Thank-you for posting this information, and presenting a righteous and compassionate perspective of it.

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

#9426 Feb 1, 2013
-The Star Reborn- wrote:
<quoted text>
That is one of my biggest gripes about going to a Catholic high school, no Crochet class.
Ya, I'd have to agree with you there...tissue?

United States

#9427 Feb 1, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>In high school one of my brothers wanted to take home-ec because he was very interested in cooking, especially creating his own recipes, and also interested in learning how to sew.
He was made to take shop instead and was told that 'girls take home ec, boys take shop'.
Nettie: "He ....was told that 'girls take home ec, boys take shop'."

So was I.
I was also told by school personnel that I should be ashamed of being drawn to masculine pursuits, because it wasn't normal for a girl.
It didn't really bother me though; grown-ups were always talking sh*t like that. However, I was shocked when I learned some of my classmates were saying I was a slut for trying to get into a class with all boys!
But that didn't affect me much either. I had very little to loose to begin with. I could count ALL my friends on a few fingers of one hand!

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#9428 Feb 1, 2013
janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
Nettie: "He ....was told that 'girls take home ec, boys take shop'."
So was I.
I was also told by school personnel that I should be ashamed of being drawn to masculine pursuits, because it wasn't normal for a girl.
It didn't really bother me though; grown-ups were always talking sh*t like that. However, I was shocked when I learned some of my classmates were saying I was a slut for trying to get into a class with all boys!
But that didn't affect me much either. I had very little to loose to begin with. I could count ALL my friends on a few fingers of one hand!
My brother got quite a bit of ribbing from some of his male classmates too.
But, he never lost his interest in cooking, and he was a great homemaker.
Better housekeeper than our mother and my sis and I were!
I don't think he ever got to learn to sew, but he would been great that too, I think.
I remember when I was young I always wanted to wear my brother's gun and holster things. They were heavy and quite big and so popular back then.
One of my female cousins got her wish though. One Christmas she got a cowboy outfit and hat and gun and holster set too because that is all she wanted.
lol
MrsMurphy

Chicago, IL

#9429 Feb 1, 2013
-The Star Reborn- wrote:
<quoted text>
All this is bullshit.. If you are here illegally then you are breaking a federal law, you are a criminal. Come to this country the proper way. I can't say it any other way. Come in legally with the proper paper work instead of rewarding criminals.. Screw all the bullshit, they are criminals breaking laws, plain and simple..

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#9430 Feb 1, 2013
MrsMurphy wrote:
<quoted text>All this is bullshit.. If you are here illegally then you are breaking a federal law, you are a criminal. Come to this country the proper way. I can't say it any other way. Come in legally with the proper paper work instead of rewarding criminals.. Screw all the bullshit, they are criminals breaking laws, plain and simple..
I'm one of them, Mrs Murphy, not one of you so there probably isn't much upon which we will agree. I won't be officially one of them, of course, until I swim the Rio Grande but the consensus is I can swim the Rio Grande right here in Albuquerque on account of going all the way to El Paso is a waste of time and it's kind of dangerous and I should probably wait 'til it warms up some.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#9435 Feb 2, 2013
LIes Busters wrote:
<quoted text>NO matter how you slice it dude, plane, walk, truck or care, illegal is illegal. If you are white, brown,, black or green, is you the not have the legal right to be in this country you are a criminal and you are no better than a rapist. You broke the law and you are a thief. You also have no say, no opinion and no voice in this country. You are invisible and a leach.
I guess if you had it all to do over again you'd still choose to be born on a high horse.

Since: Sep 08

Anderson, IN

#9436 Feb 2, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess if you had it all to do over again you'd still choose to be born on a high horse.
Well said.

More socks. Guess if that's all I had to contribute to a forum, I'd hide behind other nics too. Well said, 15th

United States

#9438 Feb 2, 2013
MrsMurphy wrote:
<quoted text>I deny no one a chance of living in this country. But do it legally. Do not reward illegals with a free trip to citizenship. Come here the proper way. Just because you plop a child out on American soil should also not mean citizenship. Illegals do not effecI at my food chain.. I was fortunate enough to marry an Amish man who knows how to survive on his own and I have learned to grow and hunt and fish for our dinner. We have wells and a pond. We are self sufficent. All those who scoffed at us will flock to our property when the shit hits the fan. My car don't start, I saddle up the horse, others sit on their arse.
Mrs. Murphy: "All those who scoffed at us will flock to our property when the shit hits the fan."

Satisfying as it no doubt is to think those who've scoffed at you will flock to your property and humbly beseech your forgiveness in the hope your benificent largesse will be extended to them, it's pure wishful thinking.
Because IF the shit hits the fan, people won't come to you and politely ask for your help. They'll SWARM upon your land and TAKE from you what you have that they need.
How will you stop them? With guns?
They'll have guns too, and they'll far out-number you.

You've been kinda scarce of late.
Good to see you back.
Punisher

Massapequa Park, NY

#9439 Feb 2, 2013
MrsMurphy wrote:
<quoted text>I deny no one a chance of living in this country. But do it legally. Do not reward illegals with a free trip to citizenship. Come here the proper way. Just because you plop a child out on American soil should also not mean citizenship. Illegals do not effecI at my food chain.. I was fortunate enough to marry an Amish man who knows how to survive on his own and I have learned to grow and hunt and fish for our dinner. We have wells and a pond. We are self sufficent. All those who scoffed at us will flock to our property when the shit hits the fan. My car don't start, I saddle up the horse, others sit on their arse.
And I shoot your horse and eat it.

Look the facts are simple. For decades many Americans made a nice fat living off of the labor of illegals. Many of them Republican, Xtian and uber-conservative. Many of them within the same demographics now screaming about illegals taking jobs from them. Prime example; the construction industry - an industry at the height of illegal immigration and once dominated by white, middle class, blue-collared men - exploited illegals like no bodies business. Why hire a nominally skilled white guy for $15-20+/hour, when you could hire 2 illegals for half that and a sandwich...? So they did. And the industry boomed! And fewer and fewer white males went looking for work there - also many of them saw the work beneath them as well, as the US Culture was exalting the White-collared pathway, ala Wall Street, and the like...where White men could and should make more and faster.

Then Wham! The Bubbles burst all over the place and these white guys are not only out of work, but they cant even get a job swinging a hammer to hold them over because; 1. the jobs are taken, 2, the skill set was lost in the intervening years/decades, 3. in urbanized areas the needs are for skilled workers, not novices who all think too highly of themselves anyway.

So the Nations emotional character and "look the other way" attitudes shift on a dime, and everyone gets angry not at themselves and the Way "true" Americans let things slide out from under them as they grew more arrogant, slothful and gluttonous - but at the illegal and legal immigrants - who like always filled the vacancies made by the "native" workers in their attempts to rise via the quick and easy path to the top.

"True" Americans let the collective skills-set get away from them. And not just in the construction industry - but nearly all others. Be it the merging computer markets, or the technological ones...Americans (white ones) thought they were untouchable, thought their White Xtian elected officials would protect them from the brown-hordes, on and off our shores. And as a group these lazy, leisure-soaked Americans paid zero attention to what their elected officials were doing to them - but continued to vote for them as long as they spewed the same party lines that got them elected each time.

We saw this explicitly in the 2010 and 2012 elections. The GOP spouted the same old lines and lies about their being the True Job creators for the very class of people they mostly helped (the Dems are not innocent here) put on the dole. They spouted the lies of the already wealthy and too often Uber-Rich being job creators and therefore should be left untouched by tax reforms, and STILL their base electorate swallowed their jizz, while they did NOTHING to honor their promises (from the 2010 elections) of Jobs, Jobs, Jobs...! Instead they focused on what? Abortion, again! They worked on some 1500+ anti-abortion initiatives over Job, Jobs, Jobs. Oh and they also decided that the NEW, post-neo-con-teabagger GOP ideology was vastly more important than doing their jobs - and listening to the majority of their constituents in favor of their lobbyists and PACs.

No, Americans, typical white male and mostly Southern, or NASCAR leaning, sleeveless t-shirt wearing, Xtian and traditionally blue-collared ones are to blame.
Punisher

Massapequa Park, NY

#9440 Feb 2, 2013
MrsMurphy wrote:
<quoted text>All this is bullshit.. If you are here illegally then you are breaking a federal law, you are a criminal. Come to this country the proper way. I can't say it any other way. Come in legally with the proper paper work instead of rewarding criminals.. Screw all the bullshit, they are criminals breaking laws, plain and simple..
Their children are not criminals.

Shall we toss in jail the children of all criminals too?
MrsMurphy

Chicago, IL

#9441 Feb 2, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm one of them, Mrs Murphy, not one of you so there probably isn't much upon which we will agree. I won't be officially one of them, of course, until I swim the Rio Grande but the consensus is I can swim the Rio Grande right here in Albuquerque on account of going all the way to El Paso is a waste of time and it's kind of dangerous and I should probably wait 'til it warms up some.
It is a shame that you are a criminal in this country and are not man enough to enter the proper way. And it is a shame you have not been reported to federal authories for being an illegal.
MrsMurphy

Chicago, IL

#9442 Feb 2, 2013
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>Their children are not criminals.
Shall we toss in jail the children of all criminals too?
DUH.......... you sent them back across the border with their parent(s).

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#9443 Feb 2, 2013
MrsMurphy wrote:
<quoted text>It is a shame that you are a criminal in this country and are not man enough to enter the proper way. And it is a shame you have not been reported to federal authories for being an illegal.
Are you really that oblivious to what's been going on in this forum for the last three years? I'm white as sour cream, born in Jersey City and my passport says 'United States of America'.

Fun fact: I misplaced my wallet a few years ago so I took my passport to the bank to cash a check and the teller said 'What country is this from?', to which I responded,'The United States of America'.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#9444 Feb 2, 2013
MrsMurphy wrote:
<quoted text>DUH.......... you sent them back across the border with their parent(s).
As previously noted, the United States has a long history of deporting its own citizens.

I'm thinking of starting a little entrepeneurship: Anchor Babies 'R' Us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 3 min dollarsbill 3,390
Would Jesus have attended a Gay Wedding? 7 min janeebee 386
From Baptist to Buddhism (Sep '09) 7 min dollarsbill 39
Before The Big Bang 8 min blacklagoon 3,780
I say to Christians - just acknowledge your pas... 19 min dollarsbill 35
It is IMPOSSIBLE for the LGBT Community to Stop... 21 min dollarsbill 4
Are World Events Pointing to End Times (Aug '14) 1 hr dollarsbill 2,465
Is Paul a false Apostle? (Sep '13) 1 hr dollarsbill 2,693
More from around the web