There are a lotta nuts on here
Sola Scriptura

United States

#3901 Jan 3, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
I did? got any proof?
That used to be the theory before they changed it. Oc course though you can't rely on man's science for anything.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#3902 Jan 3, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution is an argument from stupidity.
That might be insulting if you weren't too stupid to comprehend it. Kinda like a when a five year old calls you a doody head.

“The Topix Legend of "GS8"!”

Since: Sep 10

Yunited States, North America

#3903 Jan 3, 2013
Lion_ of _Judah wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible condemns you, not me. I don't have that power. God does though. I have posted here and to RR under nothing but this. You can't say the same without lying.
That is a lie you have posted under many of your accounts all over topix.

I have only this account so yes I can state I have NEVER posted to you under any other account.

Now run along and get all those cookies.
Sola Scriptura

United States

#3904 Jan 3, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, right? Isn't it great that explanations change as new evidence is discovered?
New evidence? lol The "evidence" was put there by God eons ago. Science is just now finding it. Oh, and there is ony ONE universe.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#3905 Jan 3, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
You got that from the other thread, lol. We do read more than 1 thread at a time you know.
God named Adam (Genesis 5:2)
Adam named Eve (Genesis 3:20)
Seems to be some confusion between you and your fellow Christians......and I got it from the other thread BECAUSE I asked the original question about it.......and Jeff said, "doesn't say" when he answered my question, now you say something different, but if you truly read the scripture....it's say that God named both male and female "ADAM".....why would God have named a woman "Adam"?

You folks really are funny when you try and cover up for each other.......lol!!
Sola Scriptura

United States

#3906 Jan 3, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
That might be insulting if you weren't too stupid to comprehend it. Kinda like a when a five year old calls you a doody head.
But you ARE stupid,

#3907 Jan 3, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
You got that from the other thread, lol. We do read more than 1 thread at a time you know.
God named Adam (Genesis 5:2)
Adam named Eve (Genesis 3:20)
So, if Adam wasn't named until Genesis 5:2, how could Genesis 3:20 make the CLAIM that Adam named his companion Eve? Me thinks somethings fishy in your story!!!

Nunya

#3908 Jan 3, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
That used to be the theory before they changed it. Oc course though you can't rely on man's science for anything.
That has nothing to with your claim that I ever said "we were belched out of a mudhole". You shouldn't lie Wayne.

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#3909 Jan 3, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems to be some confusion between you and your fellow Christians......and I got it from the other thread BECAUSE I asked the original question about it.......and Jeff said, "doesn't say" when he answered my question, now you say something different, but if you truly read the scripture....it's say that God named both male and female "ADAM".....why would God have named a woman "Adam"?
You folks really are funny when you try and cover up for each other.......lol!!
Adam means mankind in that verse. Get yourself a KJV bible and Strong's Exhaustive Concordance and start learning the Word of God.

Nunya

#3910 Jan 3, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
New evidence? lol The "evidence" was put there by God eons ago. Science is just now finding it. Oh, and there is ony ONE universe.
Well, when you can come up with some testable evidence you might be on to something.

One universe? You know this how?

Nunya

#3911 Jan 3, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
But you ARE stupid,
And you're a liar for Jesus.

Lion_ of _Judah

“LAMB OF GOD”

Since: Dec 12

Jesus Christ

#3912 Jan 3, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably......but there seems to be some question as when Adam was named........funny how Adam named Eve, but no one actually named Adam!!!
For those that believe the Bible it's rather simple as Adam represented man or mankind or the human race. God named Adam or mankind when He created them.

Gen. 5:2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

And called their name man.- This name seems to connect man, adam, with the soil from which he was taken adamah. Genesis 2:7. It is evidently a generic or collective term, denoting the species. God, as the maker, names the race, and thereby marks its character and purpose. Barnes' notes

That God blessed them. It is usual for parents to bless their children, so God the common Father blessed his; but earthly parents can only beg a blessing, it is God's prerogative to command it. It refers chiefly to the blessing of increase, not excluding other blessings. He called their name Adam - He gave this name both to the man and the woman. Being at first one by nature, and afterwards one by marriage; it was fit they should both have the same name, in token of their union. Wesley's notes

#3913 Jan 3, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Adam means mankind in that verse. Get yourself a KJV bible and Strong's Exhaustive Concordance and start learning the Word of God.
I have one.......and I've had it for over 38 years........even read certain chapters turning my younger years before I left formalized religion altogether......and it still has contradictions in it......when did you get your KJV bible? I got mine in 74:-)

I also have an Abridged Version of the bible and have read several chapters in that as well when I was going through religious training as a Born-Again Christian......but again, left that formalized religion as well!!!!

Seems both religions wanted to have some middle man be a go between God and myself.......I figured I should be able to talk to God directly and I do now:-)
Sola Scriptura

United States

#3914 Jan 3, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
So, if Adam wasn't named until Genesis 5:2, how could Genesis 3:20 make the CLAIM that Adam named his companion Eve? Me thinks somethings fishy in your story!!!
Mankind, both man and woman, are considered as Adam. Study up a bit, would you?

#3915 Jan 3, 2013
Lion_ of _Judah wrote:
<quoted text>
For those that believe the Bible it's rather simple as Adam represented man or mankind or the human race. God named Adam or mankind when He created them.
Gen. 5:2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.
And called their name man.- This name seems to connect man, adam, with the soil from which he was taken adamah. Genesis 2:7. It is evidently a generic or collective term, denoting the species. God, as the maker, names the race, and thereby marks its character and purpose. Barnes' notes
That God blessed them. It is usual for parents to bless their children, so God the common Father blessed his; but earthly parents can only beg a blessing, it is God's prerogative to command it. It refers chiefly to the blessing of increase, not excluding other blessings. He called their name Adam - He gave this name both to the man and the woman. Being at first one by nature, and afterwards one by marriage; it was fit they should both have the same name, in token of their union. Wesley's notes
More copy and past LMAO

Now you better get them cookies.

#3916 Jan 3, 2013
Lion_ of _Judah wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, God named both the male and the female Adam.....why would God name a female "Adam"? How did Adam know to call her Eve?
Sola Scriptura

United States

#3917 Jan 3, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
That has nothing to with your claim that I ever said "we were belched out of a mudhole". You shouldn't lie Wayne.
You used to believe it before they changed it. Don't lie.
Sola Scriptura

United States

#3918 Jan 3, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
That would take time away from her Casting Spells the Wiccan Way.
Sola Scriptura

United States

#3919 Jan 3, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, when you can come up with some testable evidence you might be on to something.
One universe? You know this how?
Strings in your way? Can't see clearly?

#3920 Jan 3, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Adam isn't really his name. It means 'man'. Modern Bibles of any ingetrity translate it as such. Mine says 'hombre'. Eve apparently means 'life' and this is pointed out in Genesis 3:20.
Genesis 1, KJV, translates ha-adam as 'the man' but in Genesis 2 translates it as 'Adam'.
I found this to be very interesting as posted by 15th on another thread.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vampires Live in Storage Rentals and Motels in ... 4 hr AlertChristians 1
Demons Cause Air to Chill Under Blankets & a He... 5 hr AlertChristians 1
False christs 6 hr Michael 2
Apologetics Doctors 6 hr Michael 15
Wrestle Against Spiritual Evil from a Position ... 21 hr AlertChristians 1
A Monologue of Destruction to the Sex Demons In... Mon AlertChristians 1
Demons Supernaturally Interact with the Physica... Mon AlertChristians 1
More from around the web