Posted in the Christian Forum

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#3 Mar 7, 2013

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#5 Mar 7, 2013
Jesus left the glory of Heaven, was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, offered up that life to make atonement for our sin, died on the cross, and in 3 days rose from the dead. He is risen!

John 3:36- He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

How can I know for sure that Heaven will be my home when I die?
http://www.swordofthelord.com/salvation.php

#7 Mar 7, 2013
Mr Mxyzptlk,

"For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain." -Philippians 1:21

#8 Mar 7, 2013
Mr Mxyzptlk,

Your Devil has nothing that I want or need.
socci

Humansville, MO

#9 Mar 7, 2013
Mr Mxyzptlk wrote:
Christianity and Islam all the ways back to the ancient pagan mythologies; even to Sumer of 10,000 years ago.
Zombies have long been used as objects of horror to reinforce the established religious order. Yes, the ancient Sumerian "Epic of Gilgamesh" even features the undead.

The idea of the dead eating the living is a horrifying thought as Ishtar threatens to destroy the whole human world system by means of a flood (It's the "Original Flood Myth" written long before the Biblical one).

Did you see that on teevee?

Noah's g-son founded the entire region of Sumer in the Land of Kish after the flood.

Babylon and the Bible
by Professor Walter J. Veith, PhD

Two hundred years ago, scholars doubted whether Babylon ever existed. The only record could be found in the Bible. Critics used the story of Babylon, and what they called its "non-historic kings," to discount Scripture. However, Babylon was discovered and excavated in 1898.

We know today that Babylon was one of the first cities in the world, and founded by Nimrod, great-grandson of Noah (Genesis 10:9-10). Archaeologists have found his name on many inscriptions and tablets, while a massive head of Nimrod has been excavated near Calah on the Tigris River.
http://amazingdiscoveries.org/S-deception_arc...

Sumeria is located in the Land of Kish (Kush or Cush) founded by son of Noah's son Ham.

"Kish was occupied beginning in the Jemdet Nasr period (3100 BC), gaining prominence as one of the pre-eminent powers in the region during the early dynastic period.

The Sumerian king list states that it was the first city to have kings following the deluge, beginning with Jushur."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kish_%28Sumer%29

"Cush, son of Ham. The Empire of Kush to the south of Egypt is known from at least 1970 BC, but this name has also been associated by some with the Kassites who inhabited the Zagros area of Mesopotamia, the Sumerian city of Kish in the Land of Kish."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sons_of_Noah#Ham...

"The Sumerian Kish, the first city established in Mesopotamia after the Flood, took its name from the man known in the Bible as Cush. The first kingdom established after the Flood was Kish, and the name "Kish" appears often on clay tablets. The early post-Flood Sumerian king lists say that "kingship descended from heaven to Kish" after the Flood."

continues:

http://davelivingston.com/nimrod.htm

http://www.noahs-ark.tv/noahs-ark-flood-creat...

GENESIS: Oldest Text on the Planet
http://archive.org/details/WhoWroteTheBookOfG...

Location hidden

#14 Mar 7, 2013
Mr Mxyzptlk wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to say, Mr. RR, You missed it. Your reading of the brain test in post #4 is way off, and not even close.
That indicates that You may be in dire danger of becoming a "Lost Fundie Zombie" (as described in post #1 above).
I would strongly recommend that you try taking the brain test again. This time concentrate real good, which I know to be very difficult a task for shorn fundie sheep; but give it the extra mile or two.
Oh yes,... one factor that I failed to mention, you must be sure that you are at least 10 feet away from your bibles. Bibles eminate zombie waves that are designed to short-circuit any clear-thinking neuronic activity.
Good Luck, Mr. RR... and be assured that we of clear and free minds will be rootin' for you,... You Betcha!
Mxy
You sound worried and spiritually unsettled to me. We have found the "peace which surpasses all understanding." Why not try it? www.scribd.com/doc/31322017 ...
socci

Humansville, MO

#16 Mar 7, 2013
>"as my quote from the pre-Bible "Sumerian Gilgamesh Text" proves."
-
Understand how text criticism & dating is done, we do not date the stone relic rather figures and writing styles within the text. The Bible is much younger as is the NT books, and the four books Moses wrote during the Exodus, but not Genesis which was handed down written by firsthand witnesses all the way back to and including Adam.

You have no credibility, Mr Mxyzptlk, chief commie axe-grinder.

Location hidden

#18 Mar 7, 2013
Mr Mxyzptlk wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Mr. HICS,
Thanx for the concern!
How much for DD's book?
I am "worried and spiritually unsettled", you bet!
I'm always waiting and looking for "Godot" to appear,
so, I read a lot and try this approach and that approach, you know.
My favorite prayer every day goes like this:
"HEY GOD, HOW IN HELL ARE YE?"
I've yet to get a response.
Got any suggestions, Mr. HICS?
Dougherty's approach sounds typical and fundie-flawed; fraught with all the same old Christian direly dares, warnings and threats. but I'll peek into it on my surface skis.
Of course, know that I've been put thru much of Christendom's mill. Hell, I was raised Catholic. In fact, My father was a priest and my mom was a nun. Ya can't get it more catholicized-up than that, now can you, Mr. HICS?
Brother Mxy
ps: Did I mention that they made a video of my Christian life, Mr. HICS?
Here it is. I dug it up just for you. This was me when they called me "Mr. Good Guy!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =TCSUKIhjevoXX
As I said - spiritually unsettled. May you find the peace that surpasses all understanding available only through Christ Jesus :) The book(s) are completely free-of-charge.

Location hidden

#20 Mar 7, 2013

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#21 Mar 7, 2013
Mr Mxyzptlk wrote:
OK, Kids. Here's a chance to Test Your Brain:
Can you read the following OUT LOUD?... Try it now!
If you are able to do so then your brain is still in touch with reality and your ego is intact! That's great news! REJOICE! It means that you still have some, if not all, of your mental faculties intact and can yet avoid being shorn and turned into a "Lost Fundie Zombie".
Lost Fundie Zombies have great difficulty reading this. Take this sane-brain-test NOW!
7H15 M3554G3 53RV35 7O PR0V3
H0W 0UR M1ND5 C4N D0 4M4Z1NG 7H1NG5!
1MPR3551V3 7H1NG5!
1N 7H3 B3G1NN1NG 17 WA5 H4RD BU7
N0W, 0N 7H15 LIN3 Y0UR M1ND 1S
R34D1NG 17 4U70M471C4LLY
W17H 0U7 3V3N 7H1NK1NG 4B0U7 17,
B3 PROUD!
0NLY C3R741N P30PL3 C4N R3AD 7H15.
Cloud you raed the aobve? Only snoud mnids can raed tihs! Can you raed this? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.
One Redeemed-From-Fundie-Zombie-is m Wrote:
I cdnuolt blveiee that I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd what I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in what oerdr the ltteres in a word are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is that the frsit and last ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can still raed it whotuit a pboerlm. This is bcuseaethe huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the word as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
Mxy
tht ws ez. Iv pstd smlr stff mslf.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#22 Mar 7, 2013
socci wrote:
>"as my quote from the pre-Bible "Sumerian Gilgamesh Text" proves."
-
Understand how text criticism & dating is done, we do not date the stone relic rather figures and writing styles within the text. The Bible is much younger as is the NT books, and the four books Moses wrote during the Exodus, but not Genesis which was handed down written by firsthand witnesses all the way back to and including Adam.
You have no credibility, Mr Mxyzptlk, chief commie axe-grinder.
He's got credibility. He's waiting for Godot.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#23 Mar 7, 2013
Mr Mxyzptlk wrote:
Whether itís modern Christianity or Ancient Sumerian mythology, the figure of the zombie strikes a chord with religious symbolism as both a figure of parody and terror.
Just imagine all those shorn religious sheep who lived and died over eons of man-made skygod worship, literally billions of them are all dead now. They became mindless due to their mindless devotions, doctrines and rituals. Imagine that they can constitute endless hordes of ghouls hungry for your brain, and that they can only be stopped by a bullet to the head.
But beyond the rotting veneer of your everyday re-animated corpse, there lies a host of archaic religious myth stretching from Judaism, Christianity and Islam all the ways back to the ancient pagan mythologies; even to Sumer of 10,000 years ago.
Zombies have long been used as objects of horror to reinforce the established religious order. Yes, the ancient Sumerian "Epic of Gilgamesh" even features the undead.
We read of the vengeful god Ishtar demanding,
" Father give me the Bull of Heaven,
So he can kill Gilgamesh in his dwelling.
If you do not give me the Bull of Heaven,
I will knock down the Gates of the Netherworld,
I will smash the doorposts, and leave the doors flat down,
And will let the dead go up to eat the living!
And the dead will outnumber the living!"
The idea of the dead eating the living is a horrifying thought as Ishtar threatens to destroy the whole human world system by means of a flood (It's the "Original Flood Myth" written long before the Biblical one).
Whether itís modern Christianity or Ancient Sumerian mythology, the figure of the zombie strikes a chord with religious symbolism as both a figure of parody and terror. But this parody is even more obvious within those monotheistic religions like Fundamental Christianity!
Zombies, like vampires, have strong ties to symbolisms that drives the Christian religion. After all, the shorn sheep believe that their version of Jesus supposes that he did die and rise again in three days.
Their savior's resurrection finds a parallel in the zombie that crawls from its moldering grave to attack the living (Jesus, the fundie church teaches, will come back from death with a horrid vengeance on the non-zombied living).
Christian parallels with zombie-ism also match the zombieís hunger for human flesh. Christian ceremony places special importance on receiving the blood and body of Christ in a metaphorical if not physical way (it gets physical in Christian-primitive places like Haiti and Dominican. Remember the cannibalism of the likes of Christian Idi Amin!).
Once again the zombiesí flesh eating desire, like the vampire who sexualizes of the taking of Christís blood, is a monstrous inversion of what should be divine communion.
A Zombied "Jesus" presents the ultimate parody of Christianity and its beliefs. The very idea that a man could rise from the dead is horrifying enough, and the figure of their lead zombie puts just the right comedic spin on the situation.
The now undead Zombie Jesus of the NT Bible becomes a ravenous dictator driven by the singular urge to feed on the living to create more of his undead army. That notion makes the Risen Jesus the perfect monster for a religious lampoon. Films like "Zombies of Mass Destruction" depict just that. The undead become religious zealots for all those ghoulish churches that are always seeking to convert more followers into Christianized Zombies.
Now, ain't this thread special!
Mxy
"God gave them up"
Stan

Asheville, NC

#24 Mar 9, 2013
Mr Mxyzptlk wrote:
Whether itís modern Christianity or Ancient Sumerian mythology, the figure of the zombie strikes a chord with religious symbolism as both a figure of parody and terror.
Just imagine all those shorn religious sheep who lived and died over eons of man-made skygod worship, literally billions of them are all dead now. They became mindless due to their mindless devotions, doctrines and rituals. Imagine that they can constitute endless hordes of ghouls hungry for your brain, and that they can only be stopped by a bullet to the head.
But beyond the rotting veneer of your everyday re-animated corpse, there lies a host of archaic religious myth stretching from Judaism, Christianity and Islam all the ways back to the ancient pagan mythologies; even to Sumer of 10,000 years ago.
We read of the vengeful god Ishtar demanding,
" Father give me the Bull of Heaven,
So he can kill Gilgamesh in his dwelling.
If you do not give me the Bull of Heaven,
I will knock down the Gates of the Netherworld,
I will smash the doorposts, and leave the doors flat down,
And will let the dead go up to eat the living!
And the dead will outnumber the living!"
Whether itís modern Christianity or Ancient Sumerian mythology, the figure of the zombie strikes a chord with religious symbolism as both a figure of parody and terror. But this parody is even more obvious within those monotheistic religions like Fundamental Christianity!
Zombies, like vampires, have strong ties to symbolisms that drives the Christian religion. After all, the shorn sheep believe that their version of Jesus supposes that he did die and rise again in three days.
Their savior's resurrection finds a parallel in the zombie that crawls from its moldering grave to attack the living (Jesus, the fundie church teaches, will come back from death with a horrid vengeance on the non-zombied living).
Christian parallels with zombie-ism also match the zombieís hunger for human flesh. Christian ceremony places special importance on receiving the blood and body of Christ in a metaphorical if not physical way (it gets physical in Christian-primitive places like Haiti and Dominican. Remember the cannibalism of the likes of Christian Idi Amin!).
Once again the zombiesí flesh eating desire, like the vampire who sexualizes of the taking of Christís blood, is a monstrous inversion of what should be divine communion.
A Zombied "Jesus" presents the ultimate parody of Christianity and its beliefs. The very idea that a man could rise from the dead is horrifying enough, and the figure of their lead zombie puts just the right comedic spin on the situation.
The now undead Zombie Jesus of the NT Bible becomes a ravenous dictator driven by the singular urge to feed on the living to create more of his undead army. That notion makes the Risen Jesus the perfect monster for a religious lampoon. Films like "Zombies of Mass Destruction" depict just that. The undead become religious zealots for all those ghoulish churches that are always seeking to convert more followers into Christianized Zombies.
Now, ain't this thread special!
Mxy
That was very interesting, maybe you can reach a few delusional religi-nuts with posts like this.
Stan

Asheville, NC

#25 Mar 9, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you see that on teevee?
Noah's g-son founded the entire region of Sumer in the Land of Kish after the flood.
Babylon and the Bible
by Professor Walter J. Veith, PhD
Two hundred years ago, scholars doubted whether Babylon ever existed. The only record could be found in the Bible. Critics used the story of Babylon, and what they called its "non-historic kings," to discount Scripture. However, Babylon was discovered and excavated in 1898.
We know today that Babylon was one of the first cities in the world, and founded by Nimrod, great-grandson of Noah (Genesis 10:9-10). Archaeologists have found his name on many inscriptions and tablets, while a massive head of Nimrod has been excavated near Calah on the Tigris River.
http://amazingdiscoveries.org/S-deception_arc...
Sumeria is located in the Land of Kish (Kush or Cush) founded by son of Noah's son Ham.
"Kish was occupied beginning in the Jemdet Nasr period (3100 BC), gaining prominence as one of the pre-eminent powers in the region during the early dynastic period.
The Sumerian king list states that it was the first city to have kings following the deluge, beginning with Jushur."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kish_%28Sumer%29
"Cush, son of Ham. The Empire of Kush to the south of Egypt is known from at least 1970 BC, but this name has also been associated by some with the Kassites who inhabited the Zagros area of Mesopotamia, the Sumerian city of Kish in the Land of Kish."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sons_of_Noah#Ham...
"The Sumerian Kish, the first city established in Mesopotamia after the Flood, took its name from the man known in the Bible as Cush. The first kingdom established after the Flood was Kish, and the name "Kish" appears often on clay tablets. The early post-Flood Sumerian king lists say that "kingship descended from heaven to Kish" after the Flood."
continues:
http://davelivingston.com/nimrod.htm
http://www.noahs-ark.tv/noahs-ark-flood-creat...
GENESIS: Oldest Text on the Planet
http://archive.org/details/WhoWroteTheBookOfG...
You're an idiot and your links/arguments are junk! I know you must rely on junk to even make an attempt to defend the bible because it's man made junk!

Location hidden

#26 Mar 9, 2013
Stan wrote:
<quoted text>You're an idiot and your links/arguments are junk! I know you must rely on junk to even make an attempt to defend the bible because it's man made junk!
And if turns out you are wrong..?

Location hidden

#28 Mar 14, 2013
Mr Mxyzptlk wrote:
<quoted text>
Hellow Mr. HICS,
It's a great bet that Stan is right!
I would say that after 2,000 years of waiting for Jesus Godot to keep his promises that he, his churches, his bible, etal, has failed big time!
You must admit that you and all christians, "it turns out", are wrong!
You all are simply stubborn zombies. The truth keeps smacking you face!
Mxy
Well, all my best to you and yours. The door is always open: www.scribd.com/doc/31322017 ...
Heil KGB Hughes

United States

#29 Mar 14, 2013
Evabraun Hughes of Thompson Ridge worships the MEINDL MEINKAMPF cult of capricious harassment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Before The Big Bang 5 min Big Al 2,461
Hospice Care or Murder? (Jan '13) 7 min Marie 109
The duping of American Christians 3 hr Khatru 107
For Atheist, Agnostics, Whoever... 4 hr Seentheotherside 675
Is Paul a false Apostle? (Sep '13) 5 hr LIST OF PAUL MIRACLE 2,469
Poll Was Paul a False Apostle? (May '08) 5 hr tahoegirl 3,196
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 5 hr Good-Evil 1,970
More from around the web