Tell me why i would need God in my li...

“My name is Trunks...”

Since: Jun 10

the alternate future

#56 Jul 26, 2013
Hello there susan, how are you tonight? I'm doing well.
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

#57 Jul 26, 2013
The Vortex wrote:
<quoted text>
SEE!
You did it again!
All I did was to reject your unverified belief because you provide no real world empirical evidence to support it. Apparently, to you,“God” is not an unknown because you have read an ancient book. To me “God” is an unknown and I am not afraid.
The Vortex wrote:
Your fear of the unknown makes you slam the door shut and refuse to use your former rational thinking. And note I said "former" rational thinking. As you have to be open to new information for true rational thinking to take place. In atheists, that's broken.
It is not my fear of the unknown that causes me to reject your beliefs it is your inability to provide evidence. Rational thinking is based on logic and real world evidence not faith. Neither your or I believe in Zeus not because of fear but because of lack of real world evidence.
The Vortex wrote:
And I'm not talking about man made PHYSICAL MISrepresentations of "god", but your fear of the SPIRITUAL God concept. You want your religion "science" to spoon feed you some simplistic notion of God. But since all "scientists" are just as afraid of the unknown, nobody is willing to go get the evidence to spoon feed you some simplistic explanation of God. The scientists are afraid to look for evidence, so you get nothing spoon fed to you. It's that simple. So everything is dead in the water. Like a bunch of cave dwellers too afraid to go out into the big bad world and look for answers.
I think your “God” is just as much a man-made misrepresentation as Thor or Zeus.“He” is vain (needs to be worshiped) is jealous, gets angry and is vindictive just like any ordinary human tyrant.

It is science that has provided you with the life that you enjoy today. Without science we would still be inscribing crosses on our doors to ward of the plague, rather that properly disposing of our trash which attracts the vermin which carry plague bacteria.
The Vortex wrote:
And so you atheists fear everything that is unknown. Especially anything SPIRITUAL. For you want to feel you know everything, and if you cannot SEE, HEAR, or TASTE a physical object, or read about it, you freak out at anything that might exist outside of your limited comfort zone. But sorry, the vast universe is full of mysteries you will never know about because you, and those like you, are too afraid to go looking and trying to figure it all out.
The word spiritual does not only refer to your imaginary beliefs.

"The further the spiritual evolution of mankind advances, the more certain it seems to me that the path to genuine religiosity does not lie through the fear of life, and the fear of death, and blind faith, but through striving after rational knowledge." - Albert Einstein
The Vortex wrote:
To prove my point, in your entire lifetime, have you ever read about any prominent scientist, or team of scientists working on gathering proof of God, a soul, Heaven, reincarnation, mind reading, foreseeing the future, etc? HELL NO! They are scared sh*tless to even THINK about going into the "unknown"!!!
"What I have done is to show that it is possible for the way the universe began to be determined by the laws of science. In that case, it would not be necessary to appeal to God to decide how the universe began. This doesn't prove that there is no God, only that God is not necessary." - Professor Stephen Hawking
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#58 Jul 26, 2013
Lelouch0 wrote:
Hello there susan, how are you tonight? I'm doing well.
Great Lelouch0, glad to hear it!

“My name is Trunks...”

Since: Jun 10

the alternate future

#59 Jul 26, 2013
Yep. The sun's starting to set over here and it looks lovely. I love to go out and watch the sun rise and set....I especially love to stargaze. It's so intriguing to look outside....and marvel about the wonder and mystery of the universe.

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#60 Jul 26, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The word of God is very powerful. She ended the Cold War with words, Zech. 6:8, "the pen is mightier than the sword". She also killed Adam with words, Isaiah 11:4 "...and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked" Isaiah 2:3 "...for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem".
No "she".

"He" "His"

Genesis 1:27 (NKJV)
27 So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#61 Jul 26, 2013
Lelouch0 wrote:
Yep. The sun's starting to set over here and it looks lovely. I love to go out and watch the sun rise and set....I especially love to stargaze. It's so intriguing to look outside....and marvel about the wonder and mystery of the universe.
I think we're in the same time zone. There's scripture about what you're observing. I remember when I was a kid, I loved to look at the stars, there were so many of them. They don't seem as numerous nowadays, it's probably from pollution. God will recreate the heavens and the earth, I hope then we take care of it.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#62 Jul 26, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
No "she".
"He" "His"
Genesis 1:27 (NKJV)
27 So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
If both male and female were created in the image of God, God must be female. God wanted mankind to believe she was a man but I can't reason with you. That is a sign of a wicked person. I wouldn't discount any scripture. There are scriptures that undeniably state that God is a (very strong) woman.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#63 Jul 26, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>If both male and female were created in the image of God, God must be female. God wanted mankind to believe she was a man but I can't reason with you. That is a sign of a wicked person. I wouldn't discount any scripture. There are scriptures that undeniably state that God is a (very strong) woman.
Mark 5:9 (NKJV)
9 Then He asked him, "What is your name?" And he answered, saying, "My name is Legion; for we are many."
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

#69 Jul 27, 2013
The Vortex wrote:
<quoted text>
What is amusing is how you are in such denial, you cannot see how your fear of the unknown screams from your ranting denial of the unknown. That shows me your rational thinking is broken by that fear.
And you proved my statements to be a correct assessment of how your fear of the unknown makes you no better than a caveman too afraid to go out into the world to learn it's mysteries.
You want the "evidence" spoon fed to you in a simplistic form. But with so much fear of the unknown, everybody is too afraid to go get the evidence. I think they call that a Catch 22.
<quoted text>
No, I am Seen. I have met God, so I KNOW God exists.
<quoted text>
What is funny is that your fear of the unknown screams from your above statements, yet you cannot see that.
Again, if all you cavemen are too afraid of the unknown, nobody will have the courage to go look for that evidence. Why cannot you comprehend that?
Rational thinking is the ability to examine ALL sides of an issue, then determine the most probably correct answer, truth, course of action, etc.
You are unable to do that because your fear of the unknown makes you too afraid to examine the unknown.
<quoted text>
Show me where that was stated in any of my posts.
But that is really avoidance to what was stated. So here, try again:
"And I'm not talking about man made PHYSICAL MISrepresentations of "god", but your fear of the SPIRITUAL God concept. You want your religion "science" to spoon feed you some simplistic notion of God. But since all "scientists" are just as afraid of the unknown, nobody is willing to go get the evidence to spoon feed you some simplistic explanation of God. The scientists are afraid to look for evidence, so you get nothing spoon fed to you. It's that simple. So everything is dead in the water. Like a bunch of cave dwellers too afraid to go out into the big bad world and look for answers."
<quoted text>
Was there suppose to be a point to that?
<quoted text>
Which has nothing to do with the statements you replied to. So here, try again:
"And so you atheists fear everything that is unknown. Especially anything SPIRITUAL. For you want to feel you know everything, and if you cannot SEE, HEAR, or TASTE a physical object, or read about it, you freak out at anything that might exist outside of your limited comfort zone. But sorry, the vast universe is full of mysteries you will never know about because you, and those like you, are too afraid to go looking and trying to figure it all out."
Typical Fundamentalist rhetoric, no logical argument or real world evidence to support your postion, just I'm right you're wrong because I have "God" and you don't.
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

#70 Jul 27, 2013
The Vortex wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I am Seen. I have met God, so I KNOW God exists.
<quoted text>
I think I may be misjudging where you are coming from. I take it that you are not a Bible believer but someone who has had a subjective, personal, religious experience. It’s amazing how much you sound like a Christian fundamentalist. It’s still only your belief that your experience was not imaginary. Your experience may make you feel more comfortable and secure just as the beliefs from a holy book give other religious people that same feeling, but you have no real world evidence to support your feeling.

"There is an objective reality out there, but we view it through the spectacles of our beliefs, attitudes, and values." ~David G. Myers Ph.D., Social Psychology
truth

La Verne, CA

#71 Jul 27, 2013
Kill People Who Don't Listen to Priests (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)
Kill Witches (Exodus 22:17 NAB)
Kill Homosexuals (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)
Kill Fortunetellers (Leviticus 20:27 NAB)
Death for Hitting Dad (Exodus 21:15 NAB)
Death for Cursing Parents (Proverbs 20:20 NAB)(Leviticus 20:9 NLT)
Death for Adultery (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)
Death for Fornication (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)
Death to Followers of Other Religions (Exodus 22:19 NAB)
Kill Nonbelievers (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)
Kill False Prophets (Zechariah 13:3 NAB)
Kill the Entire Town if One Person Worships Another God (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)
Kill Women Who Are Not Virgins On Their Wedding Night (Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)
Kill Followers of Other Religions (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)(Deuteronomy 17:2-5 NLT)
Death for Blasphemy (Leviticus 24:10-16 NLT)
Kill False Prophets (Deuteronomy 13:1-5 NLT)(Deuteronomy 18:20-22 NLT)
Infidels and Gays Should Die (Romans 1:24-32 NLT)
Kill Anyone who Approaches the Tabernacle (Numbers 1:48-51 NLT)
Kill People for Working on the Sabbath (Exodus 31:12-15 NLT)
Kill Brats (2 Kings 2:23-24 NAB)
God Kills the Curious (1Samuel 6:19-20 ASV)
Killed by a Lion (1 Kings 20:35-36 NLT)
Killing the Good Samaritan (2 Samuel 6:3-7 NAB)
Kill Sons of Sinners (Isaiah 14:21 NAB)
God Will Kill Children (Hosea 9:11-16 NLT)
Kill Men, Women, and Children (Ezekiel 9:5-7 NLT)
God Kills all the First Born of Egypt (Exodus 12:29-30 NLT) What joke the Bible is. You people are completely insane.
Johnny Trunk

Philadelphia, PA

#72 Jul 27, 2013
paul wrote:
My life is perfect without him. I own a house, have a great wife and kids and a good job. Why would I waste time with religion.
And it could all go away real quick.
paul

La Verne, CA

#73 Jul 27, 2013
Johnny Trunk wrote:
<quoted text>And it could all go away real quick.
Why would that happen? I'm in control of my life, not a silly God! I'm responsible for my success.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#74 Jul 27, 2013
paul wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would that happen? I'm in control of my life, not a silly God! I'm responsible for my success.
People die every day thinking like you.
The Seven Spirits of God

San Antonio, TX

#75 Jul 27, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
People die every day thinking like you.
Do they die everyday thinking like you?
Yes or no?

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#76 Jul 27, 2013
The Seven Spirits of God wrote:
<quoted text>
Do they die everyday thinking like you?
Yes or no?
Are you as ignorant as your posts O Bible hater?
Johnny Trunk

Philadelphia, PA

#77 Jul 27, 2013
paul wrote:
<quoted text>
God can take it all away if you don`t watch out.and he will real soon.

Jeremiah 25:33
Darby Translation (DARBY)
33 And the slain of Jehovah shall [be] at that day from [one] end of the earth even unto the [other] end of the earth: they shall not be lamented, neither gathered, nor buried; they shall be dung upon the face of the ground.
The Seven Spirits of God

San Antonio, TX

#78 Jul 27, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to obey this
commandment concerning what you have said about me...

Matthew, Chapter 5, 39: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

I am just thankful for the both of us that God and all his angels know the truth.

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
That was ONLY for Israel. Read the New Covenant.
Luke 6:27 (NKJV)
27 "But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,
Johnny Trunk

Philadelphia, PA

#79 Jul 27, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
he also hates the whole world.

“Jesus is Lord”

Since: Aug 11

Greenwood, Indiana

#83 Jul 27, 2013
A Born Fact:

Hosea 4:6....My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Nativity Story 8 min The Tongue 227
When did Satan ever tell "THE LIE?" (John 8:44) (Mar '10) 27 min The Tongue 54
Hearing Voices (the supernatural world) (Feb '16) 1 hr Thai cun 1,110
The Apostle Paul... 1 hr The Tongue 50
gen 49: 27 1 hr The Tongue 835
Gods Who Disagree With The Data 4 hr dolarsbill 22
Intelligent People Question Everything 6 hr Rogwhacksoff 1,099
Early Christianity 8 hr messytard 288
More from around the web