Tell me why i would need God in my li...

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#30 Jul 25, 2013
paul wrote:
My life is perfect without him. I own a house, have a great wife and kids and a good job. Why would I waste time with religion.
You're going to lose all you love forever.

Location hidden

#31 Jul 25, 2013
Cujo wrote:
<quoted text>
There are thousands of people who cry out to god everyday, yet he does nothing.
True, but there's a few of us He answers.

Location hidden

#32 Jul 25, 2013
Cujo wrote:
<quoted text>
You worship a character, that will burn me for an eternity, for doing nothing more than not believe in him. You do this becasue you want to love? Can you taste the irony?
You've been warned.

Mk 16 He that believeth not shall be DAMNED.
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

#33 Jul 25, 2013
The Vortex wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, that is more the basis for atheism.
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”~Mark Twain

"My atheism, like that of Spinoza, is true piety towards the universe and denies only gods fashioned by men in their own image, to be servants of their human interests."- George Santayana
Johnny Trunk

Philadelphia, PA

#34 Jul 25, 2013
paul wrote:
My life is perfect without him. I own a house, have a great wife and kids and a good job. Why would I waste time with religion.
God should not be forced on anyone.

God will be there if you want him.

the end is coming soon and you will have to be on his side by then.

read Matthew chapter 24
2Timothy 3:1-2

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#36 Jul 25, 2013
The Vortex wrote:
<quoted text>
You can quote others all you want, but atheism is based upon fear of the unknown. That's why they close their eyes, put their fingers in their ears, and repeat na, na, na, na, na..., to deny anything they cannot understand.
Should we believe just because someone told us to do so?
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

#37 Jul 26, 2013
The Vortex wrote:
<quoted text>
You can quote others all you want, but atheism is based upon fear of the unknown. That's why they close their eyes, put their fingers in their ears, and repeat na, na, na, na, na..., to deny anything they cannot understand.
No, atheists and agnostics don't have to invent imaginary gods to explain the unknown, they use science for that, and they don't have to deny the finality of death by believing in Valhalla, Elysium or Heaven. Atheists and agnostics can face the uncertainties of life without the help of imaginary supernatural beings.

“Keep your eyes on Israel”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#38 Jul 26, 2013
paul wrote:
I would hope you would NOT be religious.......but seek a relationship with God....who loves you......and has given us a way to be forgiven of the many sins we have done in our lives.

Now being judged by man, people who know me would say I am a pretty good guy. I love my wife and children. I do not swear, cuss, and I go to church. I do prison ministry and spend time with those who society have little concern about. Yes, by human standards, I would be considered a pretty good guy.

But by the Righteous God of the universe who created all things, there is no doubt in my mind.....I will and am found guilty of sin....many sins.....and I cannot hide the wrongdoing I have committed throughout my life.

God knew I could not....and would not....be able to keep His laws....all fall short of the glory of God and what He demands to have eternal life.....PERFECTION.....we need to be as righteous as God. I am not.....are you?

Noe if you do not have any concerns about eternity......if you truly do not feel you are a sinner in need of a Savior.....Jesus is not the answer for you.....and RELIGION IS NOT THE ANSWER either.....religious people do not make it to heaven.....the humble and the poor do....the needy do......those who can admit they are sinners do. I am so poor, so needy, and I admit I am guilty of sin.

Yes, I have a wonderful life without God in my life. I too have a fantastic wife of 36 years.....two great kids......a great pet.....I play a lot of golf.....work out of my home.....I have a great life.....no doubt.....God has blessed me mightily. The Bible says God allows the rain to fall on the righteous and the unrighteous. Clearly the bible is teaching that we can have a great life here on this earth with or without Him.....and many atheists and agnostics have perfectly enjoyable lives......but then......What? When life ends.....then what? And life always ends.

The bible also teaches what does it gain a man if he inherits the entire earth and yet loses his soul......if we lose our soul for eternity.....what a great tragedy that will be for all who do.

And what if there is a God.....and what if this God had a plan from before time.....knowing we would fail and fall.....that we would love the sin that is in us.....even be blinded from seeing the sin that is in us.....prideful to admit we have sinned against a Holy and Righteous God......but still even in our sin.....He loves us and want to have a relationship with us.......and we can.

The plan of God I follow is written in the scriptures, and I follow and worship the God who inspired the words to be written in His book. Bible.....standing for Basic Instruction Before Leaving Earth.

God does not have us check in our brains at the door to become a person of faith in Him and His plan. He tells us to SEEK HIM OUT with all of our heart and mind and if we truly seek Him....He will reveal Himself to you. I know that is true. I was a religious person at one time who thought I was saved from God's wrath to come by being good enough and asking forgiveness for my sins. I had to make sure I did not have mortal sin on my soul when I died or I would spend eternity in hell if I died with mortal sin on my soul. I FEARED GOD.....and I tried and failed miserably to keep His commands.....and I still fail. When two of my my brothers came to know God in a personal way.....they spent the next six years trying to convince me I was wrong in my religious views.....and I was blinded to see they were right.

But when I was at my lowest point in my life......that time was when my dad was struck down by cancer and lived six months form the time we first learned of his illness.....God spoke to me and I turned to Him and asked him into my life.....and He came.

Gid is always calling us to Him....if we listen....we will hear Him.

Location hidden

#39 Jul 26, 2013
I write book markers to give away at churches and in my prison ministry.

This book marker is my latest I wrote that I will be passing out in prison for those who are seeking God. May it bless you.

Forgiveness!

....Help me now do the impossible
...Help me reach the unreachable.

I grew up believing in God all of my life,
but I did not fully understand the depths
of His love for me or the forgiveness He
promises for all who will put their
trust in Him.

I grew up fearing the very One who gave
me life. I grew up fearing the Creator of
the Universe. I attempted to please God
out of fear of Him...not out of gratitude...
not out of love for Him. The fear of
condemnation did not go away until I
reached the lowest point in my life...and
then He was able to get my attention....
and I saw Him for the first time for who
He truly is...the God of love.

Romans 8:1
8 Therefore, there is now no
condemnation for those who are in
Christ Jesus

The God of the universe came down
to earth to dwell with His creation by
incarnating Himself in a human body. He
revealed to us God for who He truly is....
LOVE.

John 1:18
No one has ever seen God, but the one
and only Son, who is himself God and is
in closest relationship with the Father, has
made him known.

And now through the only Son of God,
Paul in his letter to the Romans, reveals
the relationship we have with God for
those who know Him through the
Spirit of God

Romans 8:14-15
14 For those who are led by the Spirit
of God are the children of God. 15 The
Spirit you received does not make you
slaves, so that you live in fear again;
rather, the Spirit you received brought
about your adoption to sonship. And
by him we cry,“Abba, Father.”

AAH!“Abba, Father.” How sweet it
is to know God as Abba....which is a
Aramaic word for father. God is Father
like no human father could ever be.
Jesus revealed the depths of God’s love
for us and the depths He would pay to
bring us forgiveness for our rebellion
against Him.....He paid the ultimate
price for us by His love.

Romans 8:33-35
33 Who will bring any charge against
those whom God has chosen? It is God
who justifies. 34 Who then is the one
who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus
who died—more than that, who was
raised to life—is at the right hand of
God and is also interceding for us. 35
Who shall separate us from the love of
Christ?

AAH! Forgiveness.....because of the
love of God....and nothing or no one
can separate us from His love.

Romans 8:38
38 For I am convinced that neither
death nor life, neither angels nor
demons,neither the present nor the
future, nor any powers,neither height
nor depth, nor anything else in all
creation, will be able to separate us
from the love of God that is in Christ
Jesus our Lord.

AAH! Forgiveness....every sinner in
Christ has a future......every saint has a
past. Forgiven!

Amen!

Location hidden

#40 Jul 26, 2013
Forgiveness....

Every sinner in
Christ has a future......every saint has a
past. Forgiven!

A one-time inmate who was cutting some limbs at our pastor's home had these words tattooed on his arms.

He told our pastor that he married a bible thumping girl and she thumped him all the time with her bible....telling him he was going to hell for all he did and the way he led his life.

In prison,he saw a bible....and he picked up this Bible his wife had been thumping him with for so long and read it....and his eyes were open.....and he committed his life to Christ and gained a personal relationship with Him. He talks with Him daily....and he walks with Him in everything he does.

Yes, it is true.....what he had tattoed on his arms:

"Every sinner in Christ has a future......every saint has a past."

8 Therefore, there is now no
condemnation for those who are in
Christ Jesus

AAH! Forgiveness.

God bless.

Location hidden

#41 Jul 26, 2013
The Lion of God wrote:
<quoted text>
That is about to change.
lol
lol
lol
Romans 8:33-35
33 Who will bring any charge against
those whom God has chosen? It is God
who justifies. 34 Who then is the one
who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus
who died—more than that, who was
raised to life—is at the right hand of
God and is also interceding for us. 35
Who shall separate us from the love of
Christ?

Location hidden

#42 Jul 26, 2013
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
No, atheists and agnostics don't have to invent imaginary gods to explain the unknown, they use science for that, and they don't have to deny the finality of death by believing in Valhalla, Elysium or Heaven. Atheists and agnostics can face the uncertainties of life without the help of imaginary supernatural beings.
So can I....and I did.....too many times......but I love leaning on God......depending on Him.....resting on Him and His love.....

I was such a selfish man before I let God take control of my life.

It was all about me and my needs, my desires, and my wants......I was. I want, I want.....I need.....I need....I need.

God has changed all that......yes.....I am still selfish.....I still enjoy and desire the good things of life......less willing than I should be to give up things for others as I should......but God is working in my life and perfecting me.....and one day when I receive my glorified body....the work God has begun in me will be complete and I will be like Christ in loving others and loving God as it was always meant to be like.

God bless.

Location hidden

#43 Jul 26, 2013
By the way Big Al....I use science to explain how God created the universe.....God does not have us check in our brain at the door to have faith.....in fact....He tells us to investigate....to test Him.....to use our minds.......

Big Al, I use science to explain the origins of the universe and how He created the universe and all that is in it in a literal six days of creation.

You see.....your starting point is a faith in billions of years.....for evolution demands lots of time in order to explain its theory.

I need no such time to explain the origin of the universe.....and I can explain creation using science that would have much different results than what your mere humans have come up with for explanation.

I too rely on scientists who study the universe who believe in creation and not evolution.

You see, both creation and evolution are THEORIES who starting points are different.

You believe evolution matches better with the evidence your scientists present.

I on the other hand believe the scientists who believe in creation and that the evidence they present is what I observe in nature, under the microscope, and studying the heavens.

It all depends on what glasses you put on who you will trust.....the glasses of billions of years....the glasses that the universe created itself....or is god itself.....the glasses you can get something from nothing......YES.....if you go down this path.....YOU WILL NEVER SEE God and His hand in bringing life into this planet.....yes, these glasses are the starting point for all agnostics, atheists, and even some who claim to have faith in God.....to these on this road.....evolution fits and they will be hard to persuade otherwise it is the wrong path......many will stay on this road.....just for the fact they do not want to believe in God.....be judged by Him....yes.....this road will comfort them.....and they will look at us who are not on this road as needing a made up god.

But God can convince otherwise.....He did this for me. I never checked in my brain. I love to study. When I was shown the scientific evidence for creation in the year 2,000.....I have been studying the science of creation ever since......and this one time believer that God could have used evolution to create life has come to the realization based on studying the word of God and the scientific evidence....it simple is false to me. Every bit as false as you, Big Al, find creation by God to be untrue.

One of us is wrong.....I hope you have studied all of the evidence as I have before you make up your mind.
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

#44 Jul 26, 2013
I seeJesus wrote:
<quoted text>
And what if there is a God.....and what if this God had a plan from before time.....knowing we would fail and fall.....that we would love the sin that is in us.....even be blinded from seeing the sin that is in us.....prideful to admit we have sinned against a Holy and Righteous God......but still even in our sin.....He loves us and want to have a relationship with us.......and we can.
The plan of God I follow is written in the scriptures, and I follow and worship the God who inspired the words to be written in His book. Bible.....standing for Basic Instruction Before Leaving Earth.
As an agnostic I do not dismiss the possibility of the existence of a “God”. What if there is a god but that god is not the god you believe in but the god Muslims believe in? What if?…What if?…What if? You can choose to live your life on the basis of "what if" but I choose not to. I think Thomas Paine, who rejected all holy books and religious teaching about “God”, had the right idea. He wrote…

"...the religion of Deism is superior to the Christian Religion....Its creed is pure, and sublimely simple. It believes in God, and there it rests…I consider myself in the hands of my Creator, and that he will dispose of me after this life consistently with His justice and goodness. I leave all these matters to Him, as my Creator… and I hold it to be presumption in man to make an article of faith as to what the Creator will do with us hereafter.…The story of the redemption will not stand examination. That man should redeem himself from the sin of eating an apple by committing a murder on Jesus Christ, is the strangest system of religion ever set up."

Paine’s faith, I think, is true faith (trust) in “God”, rather than faith (trust) in a book that supposedly tells you what "God" likes and does not like.

Location hidden

#45 Jul 26, 2013
Psalm 33:6 (NKJV)
6 By the word of the LORD the heavens were made, And all the host of them by the breath of His mouth.

Gen 1 "God said" "and it was so"

Location hidden

#47 Jul 26, 2013
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
As an agnostic I do not dismiss the possibility of the existence of a “God”. What if there is a god but that god is not the god you believe in but the god Muslims believe in?
I studied the Islam.....I studied it deeply. Allah is nothing like my God I serve.

If Allah was the true god.....I would not want to serve him.....I choose the God of love because I know Him and He loves me.

The question you got to ask yourself is.

What if the God of the Bible is the right God.....what if He does exist......on judgment day.....How will you answer when you are charged with your sins....Not Guilty? or Guilty?

I asked that question to myself already and I answered....I am guilty.

Now, does the Bible have the answer to my sin problem. Yes.....I plead the blood of Jesus and His resurrection....I believe and confess before all men....Romans 10: 9-10

Romans 10:9-10
New American Standard Bible (NASB)

9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart a person believes,[b]resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

I cannot give you faith.....I have no power to do so. I can only witness to what God has done for me and try to persuade you to examine yourself, your life, and seek the truth....and I pray you do.....I really do.

God bless you and your family.

He does everyday to the believer and the unbeliever.....the sun shines on both....and it rains on both.

Location hidden

#48 Jul 26, 2013
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Thomas Paine, who rejected all holy books and religious teaching about “God”, had the right idea. He wrote…
"...the religion of Deism is superior to the Christian Religion....Its creed is pure, and sublimely simple. It believes in God, and there it rests…I consider myself in the hands of my Creator, and that he will dispose of me after this life consistently with His justice and goodness. I leave all these matters to Him, as my Creator… and I hold it to be presumption in man to make an article of faith as to what the Creator will do with us hereafter.…The story of the redemption will not stand examination. That man should redeem himself from the sin of eating an apple by committing a murder on Jesus Christ, is the strangest system of religion ever set up."
Paine’s faith, I think, is true faith (trust) in “God”, rather than faith (trust) in a book that supposedly tells you what "God" likes and does not like.
I will agree with Thomas Pain on one point:

"I consider myself in the hands of my Creator, and that he will dispose of me after this life consistently with His justice and goodness."

I would add to that He will judge us by His HOLINESS and His RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Yes SIN WILL BE PUNISHED WHERE EVER IT IS FOUND.....whether in man.....or on the person He sent to take away the sins of the world......sin will be punished.

Praise God.....Jesus took upon Himself the sins I have committed and taken them as His own.....He took the punishment for sin I deserve and took it for me.

Deism superior to one who has a relationship with God by His power?

I do not think so.......Deism does not take away sin....Jesus does.

Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

and:

Romans 4:8
Blessed is the one whose sin the Lord will never count against them.”

and I have to add:

Psalm 40:4
Blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods.
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

#49 Jul 26, 2013
I seeJesus wrote:
<quoted text>
I will agree with Thomas Pain on one point:
"I consider myself in the hands of my Creator, and that he will dispose of me after this life consistently with His justice and goodness."
I would add to that He will judge us by His HOLINESS and His RIGHTEOUSNESS.
Yes SIN WILL BE PUNISHED WHERE EVER IT IS FOUND.....whether in man.....or on the person He sent to take away the sins of the world......sin will be punished.
Praise God.....Jesus took upon Himself the sins I have committed and taken them as His own.....He took the punishment for sin I deserve and took it for me.
Deism superior to one who has a relationship with God by His power?
I do not think so.......Deism does not take away sin....Jesus does.
"Nobody, certainly, will deny that the idea of the existence of an omnipotent, just, and omnibeneficent personal God is able to accord man solace, help, and guidance; also, by virtue of its simplicity it is accessible to the most undeveloped mind. But, on the other hand, there are decisive weaknesses attached to this idea in itself, which have been painfully felt since the beginning of history.

...if this being is omnipotent, then every occurrence, including every human action, every human thought, and every human feeling and aspiration is also His work....In giving out punishment and rewards He would to a certain extent be passing judgment on Himself. How can this be combined with the goodness and righteousness ascribed to Him? The main source of the present-day conflicts between the spheres of religion and of science lies in this concept of a personal God." - Albert Einstein, Science and Religion (1941)
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

#52 Jul 26, 2013
The Vortex wrote:
<quoted text>
NO, atheists have a deep seated fear of the unknown.
That is apparent in your above post. For you slam the door shut on that which you do not know, and afraid to open it. And not only your statements betray you on that, but also your entire emotional charged post.
Atheists like their little small view of the world, and freak out at anything you do not understand. And they rely upon their science books on the same faith as the religious people do. They want everything spoon fed to them, so they don't have to venture into the unknown themselves.
And here's how it plays out. Atheists read science books on faith, and believe only what their LIMITED physical senses can detect. Everything else is shut out.
So what if there is way more mysteries to discover, and because everybody has a fear of the unknown, nobody wants to venture outside of that limited comfort zone?
How will mankind ever know about these mysteries? Or more specifically, YOU!
Rational thought is being able to study many different aspects of an issue, and after reviewing all those aspects, being about to come up with the most probably answer or course of action. And being able to review it all over again if new information comes to light. But it's broken if you cannot open the door out of fear, to allow new information to come in for review.
Now I'm sorry for posting to you in the first place, but felt compelled to correct your quoted statement. And since you felt defensive and replied, I also feel compelled to point this out.
You are absolutely wrong about atheists, agnostics and unbelievers fearing the unknown. The unknown is what fuels the inquisitive mind of the scientist. Atheists, agnostics and unbelievers don’t need a belief in Zeus or Thor to explain lighting and they don’t need a belief that the murder of a man named Jesus 2,000 years ago somehow saved them from the finality of death.

“With primitive man it is above all fear that evokes religious notions - fear of hunger, wild beasts, sickness, death. Since at this stage of existence understanding of causal connections is usually poorly developed, the human mind creates illusory beings more or less analogous to itself on whose wills and actions these fearful happenings depend. Thus one tries to secure the favor of these beings by carrying out actions and offering sacrifices which, according to the tradition handed down from generation to generation, propitiate them or make them well disposed toward a mortal.– Albert Einstein, Religion and Science, New York Times Magazine, November 9, 1930
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#55 Jul 26, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
Psalm 33:6 (NKJV)
6 By the word of the LORD the heavens were made, And all the host of them by the breath of His mouth.
Gen 1 "God said" "and it was so"
The word of God is very powerful. She ended the Cold War with words, Zech. 6:8, "the pen is mightier than the sword". She also killed Adam with words, Isaiah 11:4 "...and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked" Isaiah 2:3 "...for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nettie's Pit Stop (Jan '12) 18 min Poof1 27,321
Do you believe in tolerance for Gay Christians? 34 min Calvin_Smith 67
Jesus did not claim to be God 48 min Barnsweb 298
The False Teachings of the Hebrew Israelites, s... (Jan '14) 59 min Barnsweb 213
News Religion, higher education and critical thinking (Aug '15) 1 hr Barnsweb 9,190
Is it possible for Jesus to be Messiah and Rabbi 1 hr Atheistgirl 29
Born in Spirit, Perfection, Sanctification, Sin... 1 hr cgaviria 4
More from around the web