Tell me why i would need God in my life.

Posted in the Christian Forum

First Prev
of 20
Next Last
paul

Concord, CA

#1 Jul 22, 2013
My life is perfect without him. I own a house, have a great wife and kids and a good job. Why would I waste time with religion.
The Lion of God

San Antonio, TX

#2 Jul 22, 2013
paul wrote:
My life is perfect without him. I own a house, have a great wife and kids and a good job. Why would I waste time with religion.
My God, the God of all the heavens and the heaven and the earth.

I ask you to give me all the blessings of this child of the devil and their family that they do not use everyday to bless your beautiful name. I will take them and use them to bless your beautiful name everyday. Where as they do not.

amen

The Lord told me to post this so as you would be aware that I petitioned the Lord on your behalf.
The Lion of God

San Antonio, TX

#3 Jul 22, 2013
paul wrote:
That is about to change.

lol

lol

lol
paul

Concord, CA

#4 Jul 22, 2013
The Lion of God wrote:
<quoted text>That is about to change.

lol

lol

lol
How would it change? My life has been great for 43 years!
The Lion of God

San Antonio, TX

#5 Jul 22, 2013
paul wrote:
<quoted text>
How would it change?
You will just have to wait and see.
Ant

Palo Alto, CA

#6 Jul 22, 2013
paul wrote:
When a tornado/hurricane/fire threatens to destroy your house or take your life, I bet $1,000,000,000 that you cry out to 911 then God when you see they cops cant save your azz in those situations.

You talk a good game now, but I bet you will beg for prayers if your life is on the line.
JustaGuy

Germany

#7 Jul 22, 2013
Ant wrote:
<quoted text>
When a tornado/hurricane/fire threatens to destroy your house or take your life, I bet $1,000,000,000 that you cry out to 911 then God when you see they cops cant save your azz in those situations.
You talk a good game now, but I bet you will beg for prayers if your life is on the line.
I don't understand why you think someone who does not believe in your God would cry out to it in an emergency.
paul

Concord, CA

#8 Jul 22, 2013
Ant wrote:
<quoted text>When a tornado/hurricane/fire threatens to destroy your house or take your life, I bet $1,000,000,000 that you cry out to 911 then God when you see they cops cant save your azz in those situations.

Why wouldn't God prevent a tornado/hurricane/fire in the first place? Does he want me to suffer? What about the people who cry out to God everyday to stop their cancer? If he is real he doesn't seen to care much at all.
paul

Concord, CA

#9 Jul 22, 2013
The Lion of God wrote:
<quoted text>You will just have to wait and see.
Maybe you should tell me. If your a loving follower you want me to be safe, right?
Cujo

Regina, Canada

#10 Jul 22, 2013
Ant wrote:
<quoted text>
There are thousands of people who cry out to god everyday, yet he does nothing. Do you not see something wrong with this picture?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#15 Jul 23, 2013
Pre historical man had a whole lot of”spirits”, some causing good things to happen and some fore the bad, they had places in nature where mysterious things happened; it all started with shamanism.

In Christianity all of these spirits of ancient times are assembled into one and what caused the good or bad things to happen, these “spirits” has transformed into moral laws and moral conducts.

Since the start of known history we have recorded more and more knowledge about everything and we can by reason and the total level of knowledge now better understand how things are in reality, this belief in spirits does not have the same purpose any more.

But human nature is the same and that is what causes a lot of trouble among us.

When we are face to face with someone, we could not hide so easily our attitudes and intensions, we have to act in an acceptable manner in front of this person.
The same thing goes for an imaginary “person” like a God.
We have to act according to a certain moral code.

But when we are within the flock, hiding among everybody else, then we feel freer to live out a more egoistic behaviour, avoiding what we had to do in a face to face situation.
Our level of morality is loosing altitude when hiding behind the backs of others.
But for those who actually and truly believes in a God, they will still feel the face to face with God situation, and they might act in a more moral way?

Well we have seen that this isn’t always so, but I think that it works for some.

“be free indeed”

Since: Jul 09

massachusetts

#16 Jul 23, 2013
paul wrote:
True religion is found in a relationship with Jesus as Savior and Lord of your life. You must know you need a savior before you see the wisdom to accept Him in your life. The blinders must be taken off. None of what you have will survive death. When your soul is required, none of this will be yours. What will you have then? Where will you be then?
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

#17 Jul 23, 2013
true liberty wrote:
<quoted text>
True religion is found in a relationship with Jesus as Savior and Lord of your life. You must know you need a savior before you see the wisdom to accept Him in your life. The blinders must be taken off. None of what you have will survive death. When your soul is required, none of this will be yours. What will you have then? Where will you be then?
You hit the nail right on the head. The fear of the unknown is the basis for all religion and death is the most fearful unknown of all. The Egyptians had the afterworld, the Vikings Valhalla and the Greeks Elysium. Imagining an all-powerful being that will look out for you in life as well as death if you follow his rules can certainly assuage your fears but, as history shows, it can also distort your perception of others who believe differently and also your perception of the real world.

"I would love to believe that when I die I will live again, that some thinking, feeling, remembering part of me will continue. But much as I want to believe that, and despite the ancient and worldwide cultural traditions that assert an afterlife, I know of nothing to suggest that it is more than wishful thinking.The world is so exquisite with so much love and moral depth, that there is no reason to deceive ourselves with pretty stories for which there's little good evidence. Far better it seems to me, in our vulnerability, is to look death in the eye and to be grateful every day for the brief but magnificent opportunity that life provides." - Carl Sagan

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#18 Jul 23, 2013
Portia the Rossi wrote:
<quoted text>I will tell you why you need God in your life. It is because you do not know the difference between God and religion. Also, if your life is perfect, do not blame it on God, if your child gets sick or dies, or your wife. Also, do you kids have a great wife, good job and house? If not, then you are being selfish. If you give your children the gift and knowledge of God, they will not soon depart from it.
Any belief system that includes a belief that a god or gods exist is a religion, you moron.

I call you a "moron" because you claim to be Christian but it's patently clear that you've never studied Scripture. Had you, then you'd have known that God says several times in the Bible that he alone controls every single occurrence of everything that happens in nature. He takes credit for all the good things AND for all the bad things.

Here's a challenge for you, if you're not too cowardly: cite for me the verses in the Bible that specifically say that Satan causes bad things to happen.

There's only one instance, and that is the book of Job. After God destroys all Job's possessions, livestock, and family members (to prove a point to Satan - I mean, really?), Satan afflicts Job with boils. And that is only AFTER Satan asks God's permission, and God grants it.

As a side note, since you have relentlessly attack my grammar and punctuation, I'd like to point out that your post is riddled with errors.

"If your life is perfect, do not blame it on God." Oops! Someone forgot to type "not" between "is" and "perfect."

"Do you kids have a great wife" - wow, I bet you majored in English! Not only did you type "you" instead of "your," you also neglected to write "great spouses" instead of "a great wife." You not only assumed that his kids were males, but you used the singular phrase "a great wife" instead of the plural.

In future, you ought to stop pretending that you're intelligent and educated. You're neither.

And you also ought to look up the definition of "religion" since anyone who believes in a god or gods and acknowledges it or them in any way have, by default, a religion.

You faux Christians think it's cool to believe that you've transcended "mere" religion and instead have a one-on-one relationship with your imaginary sky daddy.

You've basically rebranded your God as a life coach - a celestial Tony Robbins with only one best-seller to his name.
little lamb

Collingwood, Australia

#19 Jul 23, 2013
HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
Any belief system that includes a belief that a god or gods exist is a religion, you moron.
I call you a "moron" because you claim to be Christian but it's patently clear that you've never studied Scripture. Had you, then you'd have known that God says several times in the Bible that he alone controls every single occurrence of everything that happens in nature. He takes credit for all the good things AND for all the bad things.
Here's a challenge for you, if you're not too cowardly: cite for me the verses in the Bible that specifically say that Satan causes bad things to happen.
There's only one instance, and that is the book of Job. After God destroys all Job's possessions, livestock, and family members (to prove a point to Satan - I mean, really?), Satan afflicts Job with boils. And that is only AFTER Satan asks God's permission, and God grants it.
As a side note, since you have relentlessly attack my grammar and punctuation, I'd like to point out that your post is riddled with errors.
"If your life is perfect, do not blame it on God." Oops! Someone forgot to type "not" between "is" and "perfect."
"Do you kids have a great wife" - wow, I bet you majored in English! Not only did you type "you" instead of "your," you also neglected to write "great spouses" instead of "a great wife." You not only assumed that his kids were males, but you used the singular phrase "a great wife" instead of the plural.
In future, you ought to stop pretending that you're intelligent and educated. You're neither.
And you also ought to look up the definition of "religion" since anyone who believes in a god or gods and acknowledges it or them in any way have, by default, a religion.
You faux Christians think it's cool to believe that you've transcended "mere" religion and instead have a one-on-one relationship with your imaginary sky daddy.
You've basically rebranded your God as a life coach - a celestial Tony Robbins with only one best-seller to his name.
well the 'hate' is evident, in a poster who doesn't want god in his life ...but i would want god in my life because i want to 'love'
The Spirit of The Lord

San Antonio, TX

#20 Jul 23, 2013
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
well the 'hate' is evident, in a poster who doesn't want god in his life ...but i would want god in my life because i want to 'love'
It is written...

Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

I am asking you...

Are you a disciple of Jesus Christ?
Yes or no?

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#21 Jul 23, 2013
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
Disdain is a far cry from hatred, you vainglorious snot.

I don't hate Christians, but I do find the conservative evangelical fundamentalists to be ignorant, addled, bigoted, misguided, and less literate than their moderate and liberal brethren.

I do hate ignorance itself, because ignorance is behind all bigotry and racism and the persecution of those who are perceived as too "other" than oneself.

If you need a god in your life in order to love your fellow man, then you have a deep psychological problem.

Love and compassion for the less fortunate among us should be instinctive regardless of one's faith or complete lack thereof.

People like you are the haters. You hate gays, you hate atheists, you even hate women to a degree. And why? Because you rely on your 'God' to dictate whom to hate and whom to accept for who they are.

Please spare me the sanctimonious nonsense about loving the sinner and hating the sin. They are synonymous in your small and twisted mind. Lust begins in the mind, remember? When you've lusted after someone in your mind, you've already sinned.

I see right through your bullsh1t and you know it. That's why you dislike me. It has nothing to do with my lack of belief in your nonexistent God.

“Atheism is the right choice”

Since: Jun 12

Ringwood, Australia

#22 Jul 24, 2013
Ant wrote:
<quoted text>
Beg for prayers? Lol

Prayers that go unheard and unanswered from a non-existent god.
Cujo

Regina, Canada

#23 Jul 24, 2013
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
You worship a character, that will burn me for an eternity, for doing nothing more than not believe in him. You do this becasue you want to love? Can you taste the irony?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#29 Jul 25, 2013
The Lion of God wrote:
I ask you to give me all the blessings of this child of the devil and their family that they do not use everyday to bless your beautiful name. I will take them and use them to bless your beautiful name everyday.
The HYPOCRITE wrote:

"The things of this world is of the devil"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 20
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why doesn't God let its believers know who has ... 3 min dollarsbill 676
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 3 min paganbirdkeeper666 17,961
Let's talk about God's definition of love 4 min dollarsbill 498
Jesus is God 14 min Chayei Olam 89
I am not a human. 1 hr susanblange 54
The Dumbest Creationist on Earth 1 hr dollarsbill 380
Imagine that you had to tell an alien about God... 3 hr Big Al 444
Christian Topix forum? 3 hr Seriously__ 116
More from around the web