God's Personal Name Is In 4 Places in...

God's Personal Name Is In 4 Places in The KJV

Posted in the Christian Forum

Since: Jul 13

Toledo, OH

#1 Oct 19, 2013
God's personal name Jehovah can be found in 4 places of the KJV Bible at: Exodus 6:3; Psalms 83:18; Isaiah 12:2; and Isaiah 26:4).

NDanger

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

#2 Oct 19, 2013
eikcaj wrote:
God's personal name Jehovah can be found in 4 places of the KJV Bible at: Exodus 6:3; Psalms 83:18; Isaiah 12:2; and Isaiah 26:4).
Which reminded me of this clip... enjoy

no-one-special

Mérida, Mexico

#3 Oct 19, 2013
eikcaj wrote:
God's personal name Jehovah can be found in 4 places of the KJV Bible at: Exodus 6:3; Psalms 83:18; Isaiah 12:2; and Isaiah 26:4).
.

Let me ask you something JWs something. If trinitarians decided tomorrow to start using this word "Jehovah" as the name of their god would you say they be worship the same god as you? If you're answer is no, then stop making a big deal out of what our Father's name is. Gentiles can utter names all day and say they worship the God of Israel. Doesn't mean they are. Especially if they're teaching false doctrines. The only type of followers the Father seeks are those who worship him in spirit and in truth.

.

Shalom

.
no-one-special

Mérida, Mexico

#4 Oct 19, 2013
.

correction:
Let me ask you JWs something. If trinitarians decided tomorrow to start using this word "Jehovah" as the name of their god would you say they worship the same god as you? If you're answer is no, then stop making a big deal out of what our Father's name is. Gentiles can utter names all day and say they worship the God of Israel. Doesn't mean they are. Especially if they're teaching false doctrines. The only type of followers the Father seeks are those who worship him in spirit and in truth.

.

Shalom
no-one-special

Mérida, Mexico

#5 Oct 19, 2013
eikcaj wrote:
God's personal name Jehovah can be found in 4 places of the KJV Bible at: Exodus 6:3; Psalms 83:18; Isaiah 12:2; and Isaiah 26:4).
.

.

Another thing I find interesting is you guys make a big deal about replacing the word LORD (Father) with Jehovah but then conviently leaving Lord for the son (Jesus) who sits at God's right hand. Why didn't the gentile scholars of the Jw bible also just replace the son (Lord) with the name "who is like God", if they were so sure of what they were doing. I mean, if it was so taboo to use the word "Lord" then why apply it to the son.

.

.

---Psalms 110:1 (New world translation) Jehovah said unto my Lord, Sit at my right hand, until I put thine enemies as footstool of thy feet.

.

.

----Mark 12:36-40 (NWT) And Jesus answering said as he was teaching in the temple, How do the scribes say that the Christ is son of David? for David himself said speaking in the Holy Spirit, Jehovah said to my Lord, Sit on my right hand until I put thine enemies as footstool of thy feet.

.

.

---Acts 2:34 (NWT) For David has not ascended into the heavens, but he says himself, Jehovah said unto my Lord, Sit at my right hand until I have put thine enemies to be the footstool of thy feet. Let the whole house of Israel therefore know assuredly that God has made him, this Jesus whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

.

Since: Jul 13

Toledo, OH

#6 Oct 19, 2013
It's a big deal recognizing God's name. It is a big deal to God Himself. Just as it is a big deal to you that your job gets your name right on your paycheck. Also, after awhile you would get tired of people calling you something other than your real name. Yeah it's a big deal to those who really love God and His personal.
As far as using the word LORD all caps and Lord...that is to distinguish between Jehovah(LORD) who is ALMIGHTY GOD, and His son Jesus Christ (Lord), who is a Mighty God or god like one (Psalms 83:18; Isaiah 9:6,7; Psalms 110:1)...2013 Revised Edition of the NWT and KJV.
Obviously the KJV Bible, thinks it's a big deal to use LORD and Lord to distinguish between Jehovah and His son Jesus Christ.
By the way these other versions or Bible translations deem it a big deal to distinguish God Jehovah from His son Jesus: Byington, American Standard.
no-one-special

Mérida, Mexico

#7 Oct 19, 2013
eikcaj wrote:
It's a big deal recognizing God's name. It is a big deal to God Himself. Just as it is a big deal to you that your job gets your name right on your paycheck. Also, after awhile you would get tired of people calling you something other than your real name. Yeah it's a big deal to those who really love God and His personal.
As far as using the word LORD all caps and Lord...that is to distinguish between Jehovah(LORD) who is ALMIGHTY GOD, and His son Jesus Christ (Lord), who is a Mighty God or god like one (Psalms 83:18; Isaiah 9:6,7; Psalms 110:1)...2013 Revised Edition of the NWT and KJV.
Obviously the KJV Bible, thinks it's a big deal to use LORD and Lord to distinguish between Jehovah and His son Jesus Christ.
By the way these other versions or Bible translations deem it a big deal to distinguish God Jehovah from His son Jesus: Byington, American Standard.
.

Like I asked earlier.... if trinitarians decided tomorrow to start using and uttering the word "Jehovah" as the name of their god and remained trinitarians would you say they worship the same god and have the same spirit as JWs?

.

Do you see why simply uttering a name doesn't sanctify someone just because they believe a name sanctifies them. If a person is teaching a false doctrine then how sanctified could they be?

.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#8 Oct 19, 2013
eikcaj wrote:
God's personal name Jehovah can be found in 4 places of the KJV Bible at: Exodus 6:3; Psalms 83:18; Isaiah 12:2; and Isaiah 26:4).
It's a mistranslation. Yahweh appears several thousand times in the Hebrew Bible and is translated as 'Lord'. The combination 'elohim Yahweh', or 'Lord God' appears almost six hundred times in the Bible.

It is quite clear in the Isaiah verses it is simply a device to avoid the clumsy translation:...for the LORD LORD is my strength.

It's called the 'tetragrammaton' and may only be spoken aloud by Rabbis on certain, two I think, high holidays.

Fun fact: Out of respect for the sacredness in which the Jews hold the name 'Yahweh', the Vatican has ordered it removed from Catholic Bibles and replaced with the local language equivalent to 'Lord'.

I hope that helps.
no-one-special

Mérida, Mexico

#9 Oct 19, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a mistranslation. Yahweh appears several thousand times in the Hebrew Bible and is translated as 'Lord'. The combination 'elohim Yahweh', or 'Lord God' appears almost six hundred times in the Bible.
It is quite clear in the Isaiah verses it is simply a device to avoid the clumsy translation:...for the LORD LORD is my strength.
It's called the 'tetragrammaton' and may only be spoken aloud by Rabbis on certain, two I think, high holidays.
Fun fact: Out of respect for the sacredness in which the Jews hold the name 'Yahweh', the Vatican has ordered it removed from Catholic Bibles and replaced with the local language equivalent to 'Lord'.
I hope that helps.
.

'HaShem'..'HaShem'.....my gentile friend...lol

.

Since: Jul 13

Toledo, OH

#10 Oct 19, 2013
If trinitarians were to change their three headed god's name to Jehovah, of course not to your question. Jehovah's Witnesses would say we worship the same God as the trinitarians. God's name has been put on many things,(emblems, plaques, doors, money, art work; etcetra...) but it does not sanctify or make it an object of veneration.
In a time of need those inanimate objects have no more value than a bullet in the head. They, the emblems with Jehovah's name engraved on them, have no resume or track record to show what they have done to benefit mankind, but to sit there on someone's mantle, door, etc., as a decoration.
However, Jehovah, has a long track record or resume for having the ability to cause justice for His servants and for making sure word comes true on point. His name means He "causes to become whatever He wants to become" or "He will prove to be what He will prove to be"...There is no record of a three headed god making that claim in the scriptures at all.

Since: Jul 13

Toledo, OH

#11 Oct 19, 2013
Correction: For got the word "not". If the Trinitarians were to tag their three headed god's name as Jehovah we, Jehovah's Witnesses, would NOT worship it or say they are the same.
no-one-special

Mérida, Mexico

#12 Oct 19, 2013
eikcaj wrote:
If trinitarians were to change their three headed god's name to Jehovah, of course not to your question. Jehovah's Witnesses would say we worship the same God as the trinitarians. God's name has been put on many things,(emblems, plaques, doors, money, art work; etcetra...) but it does not sanctify or make it an object of veneration.
In a time of need those inanimate objects have no more value than a bullet in the head. They, the emblems with Jehovah's name engraved on them, have no resume or track record to show what they have done to benefit mankind, but to sit there on someone's mantle, door, etc., as a decoration.
However, Jehovah, has a long track record or resume for having the ability to cause justice for His servants and for making sure word comes true on point. His name means He "causes to become whatever He wants to become" or "He will prove to be what He will prove to be"...There is no record of a three headed god making that claim in the scriptures at all.
.

You're right about there being NO three headed monster and I also hope you see why someone (or sect) uttering and using a name doesn't necessarily mean they are ordained,called, or sanctified by God...especialy if they are teaching falsehoods.

.

Since: Jul 13

Toledo, OH

#13 Oct 19, 2013
Most people wouldn't know a religious falsehood if it slapped them in the face. Reason being is because they have nothing to compare what they feel or think they know with pure truth. People either go by what they've heard others say or by what they've been taught by their religion or faith.
And most people do not want to take the time to reason on the scriptures because they feel it is to much thinking or meditation, it is hard work. And so they miss out to their own detriment in the long run.
Maybe you will join us, over 8 million strong earthwide, while the opportunity is still open, while the doors to God's "spiritual ark" is still open, before it's to late.(Zephaniah 2:2,3).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why should God bless America!? (Dec '15) 2 hr Preacher 80
Faith during hard times 4 hr Taranis 92
judgment coming to america 4 hr JuneVanDenmark 137
False Teachings of Jews that defy their Holy Sc... 4 hr Taranis 80
SUPER SERVERs 4 hr Taranis 15
Believers are not to judge non-believers. (Dec '11) 4 hr Taranis 73
is it me or who else can see demons and angels ? (Nov '11) 4 hr JuneVanDenmark 403
What religion was Enoch, Noah, and Abraham? (Oct '12) 11 hr Get a life 1,585
More from around the web