Comments
61 - 80 of 270 Comments Last updated Feb 17, 2013
FreeChic

United States

#64 Feb 4, 2013
Will someone answer my question of why you want me to "tolerate" (condone) your beliefs, but you will not tolerate my religious beliefs? It is against my religion to allow immoral behavior in the church, such as homosexuality, drunkards, druggies, pagan religions, or any other beliefs contrary to what my Bible teaches. Why are you not tolerant of that?
Thinking

Saffron Walden, UK

#65 Feb 4, 2013
Define, in this context, solidity.
There are now well over 30,000 christian sects.
FreeChic wrote:
You see because I am tolerant of your beliefs. I believe in and uphold every person's right to believe as and how they please, but I will not change my religious beliefs or allow immoral behavior and beliefs into my religion or church.
You do what you want on your own turf but leave mine alone. Thats how I see it. Worship any god or religion you please, make up your own even, the choice is yours, but don't try to mix it with Christianity because it won't solidify. It can't it goes against everything that Christianity is about. And any so-called Christian who says otherwise is not a true Christian.
You all are going to find out one day real soon, and oh what a said day that will be for you! I would not want to be in your shoes. Have a nice trip, friend!
Hebrews 10:31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#66 Feb 4, 2013
FreeChic wrote:
You all are going to find out one day real soon, and oh what a said day that will be for you!
Funny how pretty much Fundamentalist Christians ALWAYS make this claim.......well, you're right, I will face God on my final judgment day and I will gladly accept His judgment. I am not afraid of it because I know that God already knows what's in my soul and I know that whatever His judgment will be will be fair and righteous!!!

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#67 Feb 4, 2013
FreeChic wrote:
Will someone answer my question of why you want me to "tolerate" (condone) your beliefs, but you will not tolerate my religious beliefs? It is against my religion to allow immoral behavior in the church, such as homosexuality, drunkards, druggies, pagan religions, or any other beliefs contrary to what my Bible teaches. Why are you not tolerant of that?
I think you are confusing tolerance with acceptance.......I mean we do live in a very DIVERSIFIED society.......and everyone has the same right to believe as they see fit.......who cares if your Church teaches that being a Pagan is wrong? Why should believing as a Pagan be wrong? Paganism is far older that Christianity......but then it has been proven that Christianity stole some of it's holidays from the Pagan's in order to bring them to Christianity.......but you probably can't see that or want to believe it.........I personally don't agree with ANY formalized religion or the bible, but I do accept your right to believe in both........just know that there is a difference between Christianity and Fundamentalist Christianity and neither truly follow the message that God gave!!!
FreeChic

United States

#68 Feb 4, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
"God already knows what's in my soul and I know that whatever His judgment will be will be fair and righteous!!!"
Your words are very true. You will get what you have coming to you.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#69 Feb 4, 2013
FreeChic wrote:
<quoted text>
Your words are very true. You will get what you have coming to you.
I will, but it won't be what you believe will happen......not as tolerant as you want me and others to believe you are......lol!!!
FreeChic

United States

#70 Feb 4, 2013
What I have seen here is people using the word tolerance inplace of the word condone. Which is what they truly want us (Christians) to do.

And for the record I am a Christian and am not affiliated with any denomination and am against denominationalism. The very word means to divide.

I study the Bible at home and do not go to church or take part in Churchianity, because I have not found a single church who teaches truth just as it is written in the Word.

I have found that going to church for most people today is not for learning truth. Its for hearing feel good words, soical status, and gossip.

I support everyone's right to believe as they choose. That is why our forefathers left England to come here, to worship God as they pleased. But this is not enough for you, that is not what you want. What you want is to corrupt my religion and delute its morals and principles with your "new age" anything goes mindset.

Ain't happen with this girl. Go start your own church, call it the "new age christians", write your own Bible, but don't push it on me and tell me that I have to condone it and accept it in my religious beliefs. This is nothing but hypocracy.
FreeChic

United States

#71 Feb 4, 2013
You want me to change my beliefs and conform my religion to accommodate your beliefs. When that is done it is no longer Christianity, my friend. Its paganism. I guess this is part of the end time strong delusion. The famine of the end times. And you're about starved to death, friend!

Amos 8:11 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#72 Feb 4, 2013
FreeChic wrote:
You see because I am tolerant of your beliefs. I believe in and uphold every person's right to believe as and how they please, but I will not change my religious beliefs or allow immoral behavior and beliefs into my religion or church.
You do what you want on your own turf but leave mine alone. Thats how I see it. Worship any god or religion you please, make up your own even, the choice is yours, but don't try to mix it with Christianity because it won't solidify. It can't it goes against everything that Christianity is about. And any so-called Christian who says otherwise is not a true Christian.
You all are going to find out one day real soon, and oh what a said day that will be for you! I would not want to be in your shoes. Have a nice trip, friend!
Hebrews 10:31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
If you're so tolerant of other folks beliefs why are you threatening people? What makes your superstitious mumbo jumbo superior to someone else's superstious mumbo jumbo?

Just the fact, ma'am.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#73 Feb 4, 2013
FreeChic wrote:
And for the record I am a Christian and am not affiliated with any denomination and am against denominationalism.
I understand what sort of Christian you are.....and it is not a "REAL OR TRUE" Christian, but a Fundamentalist Christian, one who ONLY believes in what the bible says....even if it's not correct and no longer applies to anyone but you!!!

I don't want your acceptance, nor your approval and I certainly don't need you to condone anything.......but you still feel the need to make your comments like you do insisting that somehow you know everything about me from some posts of mine!!!

Sorry, live your life as you need to, I will certainly do the same........if you can't handle that......well, then that is your problem!!!

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#74 Feb 4, 2013
FreeChic wrote:
What I have seen here is people using the word tolerance inplace of the word condone. Which is what they truly want us (Christians) to do.
And for the record I am a Christian and am not affiliated with any denomination and am against denominationalism. The very word means to divide.
I study the Bible at home and do not go to church or take part in Churchianity, because I have not found a single church who teaches truth just as it is written in the Word.
I have found that going to church for most people today is not for learning truth. Its for hearing feel good words, soical status, and gossip.
I support everyone's right to believe as they choose. That is why our forefathers left England to come here, to worship God as they pleased. But this is not enough for you, that is not what you want. What you want is to corrupt my religion and delute its morals and principles with your "new age" anything goes mindset.
Ain't happen with this girl. Go start your own church, call it the "new age christians", write your own Bible, but don't push it on me and tell me that I have to condone it and accept it in my religious beliefs. This is nothing but hypocracy.
WRONG !!! You are affiliated with the religious cult know as sola scriptura fundamentalism.
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

#75 Feb 4, 2013
FreeChic wrote:
I'm sure no one wants to perform those acts IN your Church...so you're not making much sense to begin with...

Are you implying that Xtians dont sin? That YOU dont sin?

Bring forth these PERFECT Xtians, lets see how perfect they truly are! How perfect are you?

You exhibit zero understanding of Jesus' messages. Where did he tell anyone to exclude sinners from his Church?

You're all bassakwards about your Religion.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#76 Feb 4, 2013
FreeChic wrote:
IMO no one is trying to force anything INTO your religion/faith.
It is yours!
Keep it!
Live it!
Love it!
Just don't expect all others to accept it or believe just as you do and especially do NOT expect any other person to live BY YOUR beliefs even if they don't want to!
What you are mixing up here is what is your right and what is not your right.........you have every right to believe as you wish; you do not have the RIGHT to condemn the beliefs of others; that is not your job and you have no right/authority to do so.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#77 Feb 4, 2013
BTW:
the biggest stalkers on these threads are fundies, not non-believers.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#78 Feb 4, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
BTW:
the biggest stalkers on these threads are fundies, not non-believers.
Tell it like it is Nettie. XOXOXO
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

#79 Feb 4, 2013
FreeChic wrote:
By "studying" solo, you are either relying on several different Interpretations and mashing them up to your own liking - or relying on a singular POV of one person, or perhaps a few in collaboration IF you are using the internet, or the old hard copy method of books. Perhaps bot, but the same things will apply.

BUT You do lean towards some denomination that suits you. No way to avoid that.

And you keep mentioning "Your Church". If this is your home, then by rights you do not have to let sinners in your home. Jesus would frown on you, but legally you have that right.

So this idea that You will not change YOUR Church is silly, and really means your personal faith, which of course you do not have to alter. You do not have to become a homosexual, nor a drunkard, or whatever. However, by Jesus' rules YOU must show these people compassion and if need be comfort - not all this "Don't You tell me What to Do with MY Church!" nonsense you keep going on about.

No one is telling you to do anything that Jesus has not already told you. If of course you actually read the Bible. And if so, not in bits and pieces as directed by their "Brand of interpretation" as they steer your understanding of what the Bible says for you.

Don't you ever believe or claim that YOU read the Bible in any sort of isolation and come to the same theological-doctrinal conclusions that took a few thousand years to develop, argued and explained by greater minds than yours. Don't you ever dare to claim to be that astute.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#80 Feb 4, 2013
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>By "studying" solo, you are either relying on several different Interpretations and mashing them up to your own liking - or relying on a singular POV of one person, or perhaps a few in collaboration IF you are using the internet, or the old hard copy method of books. Perhaps bot, but the same things will apply.
BUT You do lean towards some denomination that suits you. No way to avoid that.
And you keep mentioning "Your Church". If this is your home, then by rights you do not have to let sinners in your home. Jesus would frown on you, but legally you have that right.
So this idea that You will not change YOUR Church is silly, and really means your personal faith, which of course you do not have to alter. You do not have to become a homosexual, nor a drunkard, or whatever. However, by Jesus' rules YOU must show these people compassion and if need be comfort - not all this "Don't You tell me What to Do with MY Church!" nonsense you keep going on about.
No one is telling you to do anything that Jesus has not already told you. If of course you actually read the Bible. And if so, not in bits and pieces as directed by their "Brand of interpretation" as they steer your understanding of what the Bible says for you.
Don't you ever believe or claim that YOU read the Bible in any sort of isolation and come to the same theological-doctrinal conclusions that took a few thousand years to develop, argued and explained by greater minds than yours. Don't you ever dare to claim to be that astute.
As for most fundies, he/she is a cafeteria christian at best. They sure talk it up, but cant walk the walk. What was the underling message of one Jesus ??? Love the father, love your brother. I can only guess they missed the love, compassion, understanding and acceptance part.
Former Student

United States

#81 Feb 4, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're so tolerant of other folks beliefs why are you threatening people? What makes your superstitious mumbo jumbo superior to someone else's superstious mumbo jumbo?
Just the fact, ma'am.
Why can't you tolerate myperstious mumbo jombo, as you call it?
Former Student

United States

#82 Feb 4, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand what sort of Christian you are.....and it is not a "REAL OR TRUE" Christian, but a Fundamentalist Christian, one who ONLY believes in what the bible says....even if it's not correct and no longer applies to anyone but you!!!
I don't want your acceptance, nor your approval and I certainly don't need you to condone anything.......but you still feel the need to make your comments like you do insisting that somehow you know everything about me from some posts of mine!!!
Sorry, live your life as you need to, I will certainly do the same........if you can't handle that......well, then that is your problem!!!
Why would the true words of the Bible not apply today?
Former Student

United States

#83 Feb 4, 2013
NorCal Native:
"I don't want your acceptance, nor your approval and I certainly don't need you to condone anything."
If you truly feel that way then what are you doing here?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nobody has ever seen an Atom, yet most people t... 2 min Believer 14
Movie about jesus - our savior 4 min selatla 3
Are World Events Pointing to End Times 5 min COOTERDOG 522
Is the Bible always literally true or correct? 36 min Cookie_Parker 2,872
Scripture cancels Rapture lottery 51 min no-one-special 171
Was Paul a False Apostle? (May '08) 1 hr Barnsweb 2,109
What has God done for you today? 1 hr COOTERDOG 34
intelligent debate 1 hr Gillette 101
Evolution versus Creation, which one is right? 1 hr Gillette 55
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 1 hr One Who Knows 13,757