|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

JJJ wrote:
Now see that is a narrow viewpoint...funny how we only see things from our own viewpoint.
Whenever Christianity was taken to new lands it was forced onto the indigenous populations, and more often using weapons and death as opposed to scripture and faith...
Survival needs aside, when we look at the main causes of division in our species, division that has been and still is responsible for the worst atrocities that man has committed against man.... religion has been the cause.
Okay we don't still have inquisitions, Crusades etc, but religion is still one of, if not the main cause of division today and I believe it is also responsible for the general discontent that most of mankind seems to function under and as such.....
Just as well meaning Christian missionaries have felt the need to 'save the souls' of the so called heathens... so too are there many non Christians that feel the same spiritual responsibility to free modern man of religion....
Most of societies hang-ups today, especially the depression, fear and guilt that man lives under that ranges from an almost undetectable level of discontent through to clinical depression can be traced directly to religion....
I mean think about it... if you are Christian then we are told from birth that we are born guilty of sin, not just any sin but sin so heinous, so evil that the Christian god of unconditional love cannot or at least will not forgive us unless a sacrifice is offered up to appease him, and not just any sacrifice but a human sacrifice no less that of his own son.
How is this love? It is barbaric and ignorant and no different to the human sacrifice practice of old. I know many will argue this point but the argument is semantics, splitting hairs.
Basically we have a god that will grant us his favour as opposed to his punishment if a human sacrifice is offered up, in this example it is his son Jesus the 'sacrificial lamb' that is offered up.
Personally I believe that teaching this doctrine to children as truth is atrocious and unhealthy.
Christianity also teaches that this life is not the 'real' life, we are told to look ahead to when we die and then that's when the real life starts...
So many religious people rahter than focusing on the 'now', the only time that exists, they instead waste their whole lives focusing on their death living in fear of their god because if they don't live up to god's standards (which by the way are far from consistent in that they vary according to interpretation) we are going to face eternal punishment of some form or another...
And the most incredible thing about all of this is that none of us have any trouble at all recognising these negative truths as they pertain to OTHER religions...but if the same is pointed out about our brand of religion well that's another matter...
Just read the quoted post....
<quoted text>
Christian nations have invaded lands, forcibly induced people to believe in the Christian god(s) and it's called 'preaching',
But if a non Christian attempts to reason with a Christian with the intent to do what they feel is a sincere attempt to free them from harmful beliefs they are viewed as 'attacking'.
So far from 'stalking' Christians, many non chrstians feel a sincere spiritual responsibility to free Christians and society from the superstitions of religions that were formed and promoted in a ignorant by comparison past ....
Perfect! Triple J bringing just a splash of truth, logic and rational thought to the poor little sheep of Topix! Wise indeed!

“Think for Yourself”

Since: Aug 08

Somewhere in Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
More info: "Anonymous Now" is another "Cisco Kid" sock.
<quoted text>
I jest not when I say that many of these fundies are mentally ill!
Thinked already

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
More info: "Anonymous Now" is another "Cisco Kid" sock.
<quoted text>
Why would you say something like that?
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

You're not wrong...

Big rugby game this Sunday. You watching?
par five wrote:
<quoted text>
I jest not when I say that many of these fundies are mentally ill!

“Naturalism - Nature is Enough”

Since: Nov 07

Made in Yorkshire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Harald Hanraddi wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on, I need to use the restroom.
Let me get my Hazmat suit and a 20 foot bargepole..........

“"God is Good"”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
<><
And most of them don't even try to look like sheep.
Thats right, out in plane view..

With the intent to harass provoke and bring filth to these threads. What they fail to realize is that we are unmovable.....standing firmly on a sure foundation...Jesus Christ. I appreciate your Christian stand, God Bless you Allen.
mztza

Mesa, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

there are more then one thinks
so many who pretend they are christians
they come to play others, there purpose is to create chaos
they think it's funny, to get others who are sincere in their beliefs look stupid
you can tell who they are when
they start to insult you, shame you, tell you are a fool, that you are inferior, call you ignorant, ETC
they want others to believe that christians represent as,
a fanatic, crazy, judgmental, unforgiving, unreasonable, no common sense, argumentative, insultive, lunatics, etc
and they're pretty good at it,
they have fooled alot of sincere people
these individuals really don't care, they will use all kinds of tactics, to make EVERYONE look stupid
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Not a helicopter view, then.
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>Thats right, out in plane view..
OKAY

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

par five wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just jealous because RR hasn't offered to hold your hand!
Hold my hand? For what?
OKAY

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>have you birthed your puppies yet?
Have you licked your scrotum yet?

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

mztza wrote:
there are more then one thinks
so many who pretend they are christians
they come to play others, there purpose is to create chaos
they think it's funny, to get others who are sincere in their beliefs look stupid
you can tell who they are when
they start to insult you, shame you, tell you are a fool, that you are inferior, call you ignorant, ETC
they want others to believe that christians represent as,
a fanatic, crazy, judgmental, unforgiving, unreasonable, no common sense, argumentative, insultive, lunatics, etc
and they're pretty good at it,
they have fooled alot of sincere people
these individuals really don't care, they will use all kinds of tactics, to make EVERYONE look stupid
I hear ya man. Ya know what really gets my goat? The ones that say if you're screwy enough to believe Noah's Flood really happened you're screwy enough to believe anything.
Lordofnuts

Powell, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear ya man. Ya know what really gets my goat? The ones that say if you're screwy enough to believe Noah's Flood really happened you're screwy enough to believe anything.
LOL... I thought 98% of the smartest Christians in the world gave up on the Noah myth already!
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Lordofnuts wrote:
<quoted text>LOL... I thought 98% of the smartest Christians in the world gave up on the Noah myth already!
Yet, funny enough, Al Gore and his 'carbon-credit pirates' will look you straight in the eye and claim 'man-made-global-warming' will melt the polar ice caps and cause worldwide flooding.

And the psuedo inelligentsia liberal mindtrust claim that as gospel truth.

Imagine that?

“"God is Good"”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
Not a helicopter view, then.
<quoted text>
It was a typo.....you ever do that? Anyway you got the point. Thats all I was trying to do.......accomplished.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>Thats right, out in plane view..
With the intent to harass provoke and bring filth to these threads. What they fail to realize is that we are unmovable.....standing firmly on a sure foundation...Jesus Christ. I appreciate your Christian stand, God Bless you Allen.
The only filth is you carrying puppies for your 'other half'!

“Think for Yourself”

Since: Aug 08

Somewhere in Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
You're not wrong...
Big rugby game this Sunday. You watching?
<quoted text>
You bet. It has all the makings of a good game. Italy's victory over the French has certainly made things very interesting. I'll watch the game at my local. Not the same as being there, but still a very good atmosphere. Win or lose, the Guinness will flow freely!

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Lordofnuts wrote:
<quoted text>LOL... I thought 98% of the smartest Christians in the world gave up on the Noah myth already!
Ever wonder why god did not let Noah load dinosaurs on the boat? Ever wonder how Kangaroos got on it??

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Ever wonder why god did not let Noah load dinosaurs on the boat? Ever wonder how Kangaroos got on it??
It wasn't Noah's fault.

http://www.google.com/url...
Lordofnuts

Powell, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Ever wonder why god did not let Noah load dinosaurs on the boat? Ever wonder how Kangaroos got on it??
That's because dinosaurs went extinct 65 million years before the bible God was created. Its totally not his fault, how in the hell would God know about anything that happened before he was born! When the first dino fossils were discovered Christians said they were put there by Satan to confuse us! LOL

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't Noah's fault.
http://www.google.com/url...
OH Crap that was good

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

36 Users are viewing the Christian Forum right now

Search the Christian Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Is This Wrong? 13 min Old-Fashioned Still 2
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 15 min COOTERDOG 10,694
BIBLE CONTRADICTION: Mark 4:11-12, 2 Peter 3:9 40 min messianic114 22
A Message from Nettie 49 min COOTERDOG 850
Hello. From Japan 1 hr AAAM 4
Why would God allow MH17 to be shot down??? 1 hr AAAM 85
...Christianity's explanation of race 1 hr AAAM 39
Is the Bible always literally true or correct? 3 hr NDanger 1,312
About Dollarsbill .... 11 hr joe 7 47