“Watching for Wolves~”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#185 Feb 6, 2013
Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>have you birthed your puppies yet?
Cyber troll failure......

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#186 Feb 6, 2013
tickedoffchic wrote:
<quoted text>
Laci, honey, let me clue you. I have has the fortunate experience of being in the presence of REAL Christians. They are truly a joy. They don't condemn. They don't claim to be able to rid others of "demons". They are very positive, loving people. They don't believe in all of your superstitions. I'm sorry that you grew up in such deprivation and ignorance. I'm sorry you'll never escape it. I guess, that's just your lot in life. If you think you're going to persuade anyone, who knows better, to follow your superstitions, you guessed wrong. Poor baby!
typo: had

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#187 Feb 6, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>There is no room in the sandbox
Stop crappin in it.

“Watching for Wolves~”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#188 Feb 6, 2013
Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>Liar.. with the amount of 'johns' you've done, it HUGE!
Is Lilith your daughter? Hummm, guess that is why you think all women are messed up. I don't really know if you are a man or woman.....don't really care. Where my concern is.......is if a man you seem abusive, If a woman you seem domineering......you live a sad life don't you? I on the other hand am smiling to know...... I am happy and I don't feed trolls under bridges.

Location hidden

#189 Feb 6, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed he does. He is so filled with hatred it was starting to rub off on me so I avoid his comments like the plague upon humanity that they are. We are to love our neighbors because Jesus Christ is in every human being but in Romans He is so disfigured He is hardly recognizable.
Amen! All of these fundie pharisees haven't a clue. They think hate and prejudice is virtuous.

Location hidden

#190 Feb 6, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>When? Where? No I don't believe you......I had a good childhood and a great life now.
When I was growing up in Southwestern PA. I'm not talking about your childhood, or your life, now. I'm talking about the fact that you are living and will live, for the rest of your life, in a community that is about 200 years behind the rest of the world. Your little isolated community is rife with superstition, hatred and prejudice. You are a product of it and you can't deny it.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

#191 Feb 6, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Stop crappin in it.
GREAT advice for laci!

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

#192 Feb 6, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>Is Lilith your daughter? Hummm, guess that is why you think all women are messed up. I don't really know if you are a man or woman.....don't really care. Where my concern is.......is if a man you seem abusive, If a woman you seem domineering......you live a sad life don't you? I on the other hand am smiling to know...... I am happy and I don't feed trolls under bridges.
Funny how you didnt deny the number of hillbilly 'johns' you service!(we all noticed that!)
JJJ

Surry Hills, Australia

#194 Feb 6, 2013
Now see that is a narrow viewpoint...funny how we only see things from our own viewpoint.

Whenever Christianity was taken to new lands it was forced onto the indigenous populations, and more often using weapons and death as opposed to scripture and faith...

Survival needs aside, when we look at the main causes of division in our species, division that has been and still is responsible for the worst atrocities that man has committed against man.... religion has been the cause.

Okay we don't still have inquisitions, Crusades etc, but religion is still one of, if not the main cause of division today and I believe it is also responsible for the general discontent that most of mankind seems to function under and as such.....

Just as well meaning Christian missionaries have felt the need to 'save the souls' of the so called heathens... so too are there many non Christians that feel the same spiritual responsibility to free modern man of religion....

Most of societies hang-ups today, especially the depression, fear and guilt that man lives under that ranges from an almost undetectable level of discontent through to clinical depression can be traced directly to religion....

I mean think about it... if you are Christian then we are told from birth that we are born guilty of sin, not just any sin but sin so heinous, so evil that the Christian god of unconditional love cannot or at least will not forgive us unless a sacrifice is offered up to appease him, and not just any sacrifice but a human sacrifice no less that of his own son.

How is this love? It is barbaric and ignorant and no different to the human sacrifice practice of old. I know many will argue this point but the argument is semantics, splitting hairs.

Basically we have a god that will grant us his favour as opposed to his punishment if a human sacrifice is offered up, in this example it is his son Jesus the 'sacrificial lamb' that is offered up.

Personally I believe that teaching this doctrine to children as truth is atrocious and unhealthy.

Christianity also teaches that this life is not the 'real' life, we are told to look ahead to when we die and then that's when the real life starts...

So many religious people rahter than focusing on the 'now', the only time that exists, they instead waste their whole lives focusing on their death living in fear of their god because if they don't live up to god's standards (which by the way are far from consistent in that they vary according to interpretation) we are going to face eternal punishment of some form or another...

And the most incredible thing about all of this is that none of us have any trouble at all recognising these negative truths as they pertain to OTHER religions...but if the same is pointed out about our brand of religion well that's another matter...

Just read the quoted post....
FreeChic wrote:
<quoted text>AGREE! I have only been here a few days and that is all I have seen going on here. Christianity is always the target of attack. Notice that?
Christian nations have invaded lands, forcibly induced people to believe in the Christian god(s) and it's called 'preaching',

But if a non Christian attempts to reason with a Christian with the intent to do what they feel is a sincere attempt to free them from harmful beliefs they are viewed as 'attacking'.

So far from 'stalking' Christians, many non chrstians feel a sincere spiritual responsibility to free Christians and society from the superstitions of religions that were formed and promoted in a ignorant by comparison past ....

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

#195 Feb 6, 2013
JJJ wrote:
Now see that is a narrow viewpoint...funny how we only see things from our own viewpoint.
Whenever Christianity was taken to new lands it was forced onto the indigenous populations, and more often using weapons and death as opposed to scripture and faith...
Survival needs aside, when we look at the main causes of division in our species, division that has been and still is responsible for the worst atrocities that man has committed against man.... religion has been the cause.
Okay we don't still have inquisitions, Crusades etc, but religion is still one of, if not the main cause of division today and I believe it is also responsible for the general discontent that most of mankind seems to function under and as such.....
Just as well meaning Christian missionaries have felt the need to 'save the souls' of the so called heathens... so too are there many non Christians that feel the same spiritual responsibility to free modern man of religion....
Most of societies hang-ups today, especially the depression, fear and guilt that man lives under that ranges from an almost undetectable level of discontent through to clinical depression can be traced directly to religion....
I mean think about it... if you are Christian then we are told from birth that we are born guilty of sin, not just any sin but sin so heinous, so evil that the Christian god of unconditional love cannot or at least will not forgive us unless a sacrifice is offered up to appease him, and not just any sacrifice but a human sacrifice no less that of his own son.
How is this love? It is barbaric and ignorant and no different to the human sacrifice practice of old. I know many will argue this point but the argument is semantics, splitting hairs.
Basically we have a god that will grant us his favour as opposed to his punishment if a human sacrifice is offered up, in this example it is his son Jesus the 'sacrificial lamb' that is offered up.
Personally I believe that teaching this doctrine to children as truth is atrocious and unhealthy.
Christianity also teaches that this life is not the 'real' life, we are told to look ahead to when we die and then that's when the real life starts...
So many religious people rahter than focusing on the 'now', the only time that exists, they instead waste their whole lives focusing on their death living in fear of their god because if they don't live up to god's standards (which by the way are far from consistent in that they vary according to interpretation) we are going to face eternal punishment of some form or another...
And the most incredible thing about all of this is that none of us have any trouble at all recognising these negative truths as they pertain to OTHER religions...but if the same is pointed out about our brand of religion well that's another matter...
Just read the quoted post....
<quoted text>
Christian nations have invaded lands, forcibly induced people to believe in the Christian god(s) and it's called 'preaching',
But if a non Christian attempts to reason with a Christian with the intent to do what they feel is a sincere attempt to free them from harmful beliefs they are viewed as 'attacking'.
So far from 'stalking' Christians, many non chrstians feel a sincere spiritual responsibility to free Christians and society from the superstitions of religions that were formed and promoted in a ignorant by comparison past ....
You are a very wise person! kudos! Truth be spoken here folks!

“Call sign: Apache One Six”

Since: Mar 11

US 62 @ US 81

#196 Feb 7, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>No....Romans brings the message of Jesus Christ and the true Christians are not embarrassed at all. We are cheering Romans on.....
<><
And most of them don't even try to look like sheep.

US 62 @ US 81

#197 Feb 7, 2013
tickedoffchic wrote:
<quoted text>
When I was growing up in Southwestern PA. I'm not talking about your childhood, or your life, now. I'm talking about the fact that you are living and will live, for the rest of your life, in a community that is about 200 years behind the rest of the world. Your little isolated community is rife with superstition, hatred and prejudice. You are a product of it and you can't deny it.
<><
Yeah right! That is the same thing the Romans, Greeks and many other now defunct societies said and they're gone and the Christians are still here. Wonder why all the atheists in history could never rid the world of this "community that is about 200 years behind the rest of the world.[this] little isolated community [that] is rife with superstition, hatred and prejudice." blah, blah, blah, etc.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

#198 Feb 7, 2013
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
<><
AWWWWW looking the little fishy!

US 62 @ US 81

#199 Feb 7, 2013
Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>Funny how you didnt deny the number of hillbilly 'johns' you service!(we all noticed that!)
<><
You didn't deny the number of gay men you have serviced either.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

#200 Feb 7, 2013
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
<><
You didn't deny the number of gay men you have serviced either.
Kinda hard to do that.. you keep them all to yourself! dont touch the kids again.. I'll have to beat the hell out of ya. Then turn ya over to the cops.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#201 Feb 7, 2013
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
<><
WTF you want us to look like sheep! Thats sick, if you want to have sex with me, dinner, movie and a few cocktails.

Since: Aug 08

Somewhere in Ireland

#202 Feb 7, 2013
Harald Hanraddi wrote:
<quoted text>
You can hold my hand and I won't say anything.
Come on, I need to use the restroom.
Everybody knows you're used to this routine already.
I'm sorry, but I have to decline your offer as I am not gay, although I must say that considering the homophobia to be found here on Topix, it was very brave of you to be so open about your sexual preference. I just hope those naughty fundies don't start giving you grief simply because you have not been afraid to make it clear that you are gay. Kudos to you Mr Harald Hanraddi, or whatever other name you like to post under!

US 62 @ US 81

#203 Feb 7, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>WTF you want us to look like sheep! Thats sick, if you want to have sex with me, dinner, movie and a few cocktails.
<><
If you are going to try to disparage the Bible don't you think you should know a little something about it? Laci knew what I was talking about.
Mat 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#204 Feb 7, 2013
I wonder how many other socks "Cisco Kid" feels the need to use to inflate numbers?
par five wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, but I have to decline your offer as I am not gay, although I must say that considering the homophobia to be found here on Topix, it was very brave of you to be so open about your sexual preference. I just hope those naughty fundies don't start giving you grief simply because you have not been afraid to make it clear that you are gay. Kudos to you Mr Harald Hanraddi, or whatever other name you like to post under!
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#205 Feb 7, 2013
More info: "Anonymous Now" is another "Cisco Kid" sock.
Thinking wrote:
I wonder how many other socks "Cisco Kid" feels the need to use to inflate numbers?
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Before The Big Bang 10 min Passing thru 3,826
Would Jesus have attended a Gay Wedding? 14 min Liam R will return 448
Nearly all Christians are Frauds 28 min no-one-special 20
Christians aren't being lights of the world 38 min Passing thru 44
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 59 min RiccardoFire 3,455
I say to Christians - just acknowledge your pas... 1 hr Passing thru 44
Salvation, unequal opportunity 1 hr Passing thru 5
Is Paul a false Apostle? (Sep '13) 5 hr truthandcommonsense 2,697
More from around the web