Positively no.

I don’t know, maybe.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#7127 Jun 7, 2014
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
I've posted them before...yawn...here...sigh... we go again...
It is the ONLY Holy Book to contain prophecy...name another...
Homer's 'Iliad'.
Anonymous Girl

Anonymous Proxy

#7128 Jun 7, 2014
Shiachah wrote:
<quoted text>
With the Greek God of the bible and its mythical place of torment its exactly how you've suggested it. It's extortion. Hell was inserted into the bible(oh and the quran) for the sake of scaremongering. What it's meant to be is known as trials and tribulations or better known as a curse. The dude Moses(biblically speaking that is) says to those people, "This day I send you a blessing and a curse", free will or freedom of choice comes with a consequence. The corrupt ones always got the majority to choose the curse by gaining the political and religious authority while pockets of them chose the blessing, supposedly. Their consequences for choosing the curse were invasions by other nations and the atrocities put upon them which affected the minority.
This probably wasn't the explanation you were hoping for but it's the only 1 and 1/2 cents I have.lol.
Any way you cut it it's 100% bullsh!te..If it wasn't for the reward of eternity in a blissful place called heaven VS torture in hell for the unbelievers, there wouldn't be any Christians believers at all paying 10% of their incomes to a Church that doesn't even have to pay taxes on their Church and land it sets on..It's a ripoff designed by greedy ancient people that's still working today because of the reward/punishment system but only for the most gullible people that can't rationalize very well..

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#7129 Jun 7, 2014
Anonymous Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Any way you cut it it's 100% bullsh!te..If it wasn't for the reward of eternity in a blissful place called heaven VS torture in hell for the unbelievers, there wouldn't be any Christians believers at all paying 10% of their incomes to a Church that doesn't even have to pay taxes on their Church and land it sets on..It's a ripoff designed by greedy ancient people that's still working today because of the reward/punishment system but only for the most gullible people that can't rationalize very well..
It's air conditioned in summer, heated in winter and full of age appropriate chicks with big boobs who never tire of doting on me.

Smoke on your pipe and put that in.
Shiachah

New Zealand

#7130 Jun 7, 2014
Anonymous Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah it looks like you're still influenced in your post by this hell bs. Eternity? Oh yeah more influence. If the so called OT has the Hebrew word Sheol meaning grave and Gehenna as a place in the Hinnom valley both have been translated as hell only for the Greek mythological place of eternal punishment to show up in the so called NT. Yeah right the tithes they pay are going to the same people you pay your taxes to, how does it feel to know the tax you pay goes into killing people, as in war. Lets not forget that many of these corrupt governments and churches sit on stolen land.
I think if you're going to go against part of that entity you might as well go the whole mile.
Nc resident

Charlotte, NC

#7131 Jun 7, 2014
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Homer's 'Iliad'.
" Future Shock" Alvin Toffler
Anonymous Girl

Anonymous Proxy

#7132 Jun 7, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the child should be given the blood anyway.
If the mother wants to be stupid, fine.
The last I knew Japan is the only country so far that protects children.. If a Jehovah's witness mother needs a blood transfusion because she hemorrhages giving birth, they passed a law that forces them to have one if she would die without it..

The whole point of this is to show how many crazy beliefs came from this one book that supposedly came from a god that created the universe but it has only created division, not unity..If a supper being created the universe, what idiot would think it wouldn't be able to write a book of instructions on how it wants humans to live that everyone could understand mutually rather than cause strife & division..All this supper being would have to do is say believe in me, obey the 10 commandments and you will go to heaven..Didn't happen !!
Anonymous Girl

Anonymous Proxy

#7133 Jun 7, 2014
Shiachah wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah it looks like you're still influenced in your post by this hell bs. Eternity? Oh yeah more influence. If the so called OT has the Hebrew word Sheol meaning grave and Gehenna as a place in the Hinnom valley both have been translated as hell only for the Greek mythological place of eternal punishment to show up in the so called NT. Yeah right the tithes they pay are going to the same people you pay your taxes to, how does it feel to know the tax you pay goes into killing people, as in war. Lets not forget that many of these corrupt governments and churches sit on stolen land.
I think if you're going to go against part of that entity you might as well go the whole mile.
If the American taxpayers didn't fund the second world war you would probably be controlled by Nazi Germany and the Third Reich right now..I don't think that was a waste of taxpayers money!!
Shiachah

New Zealand

#7134 Jun 7, 2014
Anonymous Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
If the American taxpayers didn't fund the second world war you would probably be controlled by Nazi Germany and the Third Reich right now..I don't think that was a waste of taxpayers money!!
Lol yeah that makes it better, two roman nations going at it. Thank you for justifying the tax you pay for killing people. Ya might as well tithe too, that's killing the truth as well.
Anonymous Girl

Anonymous Proxy

#7135 Jun 7, 2014
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
It's air conditioned in summer, heated in winter and full of age appropriate chicks with big boobs who never tire of doting on me.
Smoke on your pipe and put that in.
I never said there was no benefits for the people willing to fester 10% of their incomes to the churches..The Catholic church is more liberal than most so maybe you're getting your moneys worth..(:
Anonymous Girl

Anonymous Proxy

#7136 Jun 7, 2014
Rational wrote:
What about this scenario! As we all know it is a sin in most main stream religions to commit suicide, exept Shinto, Moslem terrorism(suicide bombers ect ?) So if you realy believe in heaven forgiveness ect, but feel if you committed suicide you would go to purgatory, I have a puzzling technicality! Here goes, if you go and get baptised first, then every time you cross the road never look to see if it's safe, or get a job as a scaffolder and not wear your safety harness? Or volunteer missionary work with Africans with deadly desieses and never wash your hands?walk around in the Serengeti park at night in a pair of shorts? Or walk round the worst end of Bagdad or Kabul with a T shirt on saying I love USA. In theory this is not taking your own life? Half would be an act of god, and half would be by somone else's hand? And don't say you are putting yourself at risk. As getting int your car is or going on a boat ect? What I am saying is if you are a true believer you are living for an afterlife, so this would be the back door way in?
It's no accident most Christians will do everything they can to stay alive rather than go to their eternal blissful reward offered in their Bible..
Anonymous Girl

Anonymous Proxy

#7137 Jun 7, 2014
Shiachah wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol yeah that makes it better, two roman nations going at it. Thank you for justifying the tax you pay for killing people. Ya might as well tithe too, that's killing the truth as well.
New Zealand is pretty neutral on anything that doesn't involve agricultural exports, so I can understand you saying that...Maybe some day Putin will set his eyes on your country and you'll cry for NATO like a baby..In that scenario would you call it justifying the tax I pay for killing people>?
Anonymous Girl

Anonymous Proxy

#7138 Jun 7, 2014
Rational wrote:
<quoted text> That is a terrible thing to happen, so sad. People like us who have empathy don't need religion!
Religion doesn't make a person any better than before they became religious, that's just something they tell you..My life experiences have shown me religious people are the worst offenders on how they treat people and I was a landlord renting apartments to the public for decades and witnessed it..

Empathy is something either a person has or doesn't have, not something a person chooses..In my case, I had no empathy for anyone until my mind matured at around the age of 22 when that all changed.. It was only then that I looked back and regretted doing some of the things I did in my young years.. I have been reamed by mature Christians many times but they didn't care, they think Jesus paid the price for them..
Shiachah

New Zealand

#7139 Jun 7, 2014
Anonymous Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
New Zealand is pretty neutral on anything that doesn't involve agricultural exports, so I can understand you saying that...Maybe some day Putin will set his eyes on your country and you'll cry for NATO like a baby..In that scenario would you call it justifying the tax I pay for killing people>?
If you knew anything about the pre european inhabitants of this land you'd know that we had a thing called Koha, in this day and age it amounts to an equal days pay for an equal days work, like back then so it is today, tax free. Looks as though those tax funded wars do not apply to me, it's good that you didn't deny your government and those churches are of the same entity. I mean lets look at the atrocities put on those pre european inhabitants, Indian Boarding schools run by the church and state. Wow no talk against the government only the church, just wow. Tithes go to the ones that lie to the people, taxes go to the liars that go to war. Which of the two evils do you represent again? Btw unlike the invaders that run this country we call it Aotearoa. Jsyk
Shiachah

New Zealand

#7140 Jun 7, 2014
Btw that bird statue in Russia one of its heads is facing Constantinople where's the other one facing? There might be a story behind it.lol oh they believe in saint Peter too. There must be a common theme going on here.

NDanger

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

#7141 Jun 7, 2014
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeap, written 2500 years ago, shortly after the return of the Jews to the Promised Land from their captivity in Babylon. Ex post facto. We know how much you would like your version to be the correct one but when one version makes sense and he other is thinking best described as wishful it is best to go with the version that makes sense.
So if it was writ 'after' they returned...hmmm, didn't Israel become nonexistent in 63BCE?

Here's a few more to chew on...

http://www.therefinersfire.org/recent_prophec...

read em and weep old man...

NDanger

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

#7142 Jun 7, 2014
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Homer's 'Iliad'.
Part of the story?

Rational

London, UK

#7143 Jun 8, 2014
Shiachah wrote:
<quoted text>
If you knew anything about the pre european inhabitants of this land you'd know that we had a thing called Koha, in this day and age it amounts to an equal days pay for an equal days work, like back then so it is today, tax free. Looks as though those tax funded wars do not apply to me, it's good that you didn't deny your government and those churches are of the same entity. I mean lets look at the atrocities put on those pre european inhabitants, Indian Boarding schools run by the church and state. Wow no talk against the government only the church, just wow. Tithes go to the ones that lie to the people, taxes go to the liars that go to war. Which of the two evils do you represent again? Btw unlike the invaders that run this country we call it Aotearoa. Jsyk
I was under the Impression the Moriori from the Chatham Islands were the first inhabitants of New Zealand? Then around 1066, the Maori people invaded and took over. Around the same time as the Norman invasion of England. Also the last full blooded Maori died out in the 1940s fact! I have my NZ citizen and Aussie citizenships (being from the UK,you can do this) NZ was not invaded ( whaitangi agreement ) Australia like England was! Also a prominent Maori chiefs son went to Oxford university to study, and quoted if the white man never came to NZ the Maori would have died out through inbreeding like the Easter islanders.
Rational

London, UK

#7144 Jun 8, 2014
Anonymous Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, when the French were doing underground Nuclear tests on mureroa Atoll (check spelling)! The kiwis were on very tender hooks with France (trade ect) well my opinion was you have 300+ million Indonesians up the road, and millions more Chinese and other Undemocratic nations also? Now if any of these country's decided to invade NZ population of 3 million, they have to get past French military bases on the way down? Well the French military are not going to stand on the beaches waving flags at them are they? Throw in a few British nuclear subs, with our USA allies and they would not even leave the harbour! BTW I don't like nukes or testing! But what how could a few Kiwis on surfboards with baseball bats stop an invasion?
Rational

London, UK

#7145 Jun 8, 2014
Anonymous Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said there was no benefits for the people willing to fester 10% of their incomes to the churches..The Catholic church is more liberal than most so maybe you're getting your moneys worth..(:
I wrote in previous post all the mainstream religions Are based on money, power, and sexism! Note the little treats they have thought up? IE: Easter eggs, Christmas presents, Jesus even loves the baddies, and for the adults for a bargain price of10% of your income, a ticket to utopia! Just wanted to add the rules in this debate are unfair as every time the rationals prove the irrationals wrong they always get there bibles, querans ect out. Mind you the clerics have had thousands of years to leave no stone unturned, brain washing, threats, and if that never worked mass murder.
Rational

London, UK

#7146 Jun 8, 2014
Anonymous Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
It's no accident most Christians will do everything they can to stay alive rather than go to their eternal blissful reward offered in their Bible..
Pardon the pun! But you would think they would be dying to get there?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mother Teresa a Saint? What a cruel Joke!!! 2 hr I love Jesus 31
Scientific Proof Of GOD(for dummies) (Mar '16) 3 hr I love Jesus 2,800
Why lie about the truth? Christian mistranslat... 5 hr Barmsweb 489
Poll The Greatest Threat to America's Security (Sep '15) 5 hr Barmsweb 4,036
Hillary' will usher in Beast System 6 hr Albert 2
Bible Interpretation 7 hr messianic114 379
Bad Experiences When Praying (Jan '11) 7 hr ROG 55
Scripture 12 hr messianic114 140
More from around the web