Positively yes.

Positively no.

I don’t know, maybe.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#5951 Apr 13, 2014
Mr Ironhart wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, in this case you are loading and firing a canon against a sparrow!
I am not an enemy of Christianity, on the contrary, but I have seen a lot that cannot be accepted and defended; there are people out there who do and express ridiculous things.
If these comes under the Christian wings just because they say that they are Christians; then Christianity has a problem.
There is an attempt to sort it out by some who will say that if only we follow the Book, then it is all ok, but it is not because even those who wrote the Book had some extreme ideas, we will stumble is some sort of nonsense everywhere.
In order to get it right we need to sort out thru science, reason and knowledge what is right or wrong.
I have chosen this path, and it brings me on to new and different conclusions.
We could say that the universe that we live in represents God, but then it is a God different from the God of the Book.
Moreover, this God will not represent entirely humans and our personal lives; it would be a God of compromises.
My concern goes towards the future of humanity, how we have to adjust our collective behaviour in order to coexist, we have to define by reason what is good or bad for our existence.
The word “I” has to have the meaning of “us” and “we”, and not entirely for humans and our personal lives.
In the universe that we are living we are less than a drop in the ocean, we should respect what is larger than us in every way.
The thing about science is that a lot of you falls head over heels about and,just like it is with the fundamentalists about the Bible and and the pastors preaching behind the pulpit,there are those of you who will believe anything that science says and you will sympathize with anybody who speaks out against religion,specifically Christianity,without question or challenge.
What gets me about you people is that you will swear up and down that everyone has freedom of religion and they have the freedom to express their beliefs but then you want to police and dictate how and where an individual or individuals express their religious beliefs and when you do that then,yes,that is depriving of one's rights to their freedom of religion and their freedom to express their faith.
You can come up with all the excuses you all want to and deny anything you like,however the proof is in the pudding.
You anti-religious and anti-Christian people do try and in some cases succeed in policing and dictating one's religion and you do deprive one's freedom of religion and you you all do deprive one's freedom to express their faith.
The word of God is not meant to be confined to a building,it is meant to be carried unto the entire world so that those whoever will listen will know God.
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

#5952 Apr 13, 2014
“The man of science has learned to believe in justification, not by faith, but by verification.”- Thomas Henry Huxley

“I have never seen the slightest scientific proof of the religious theories of heaven and hell, of future life for individuals, or of a personal God”- Thomas Alva Edison

"It vexes me when they would constrain science by the authority of the Scriptures, and yet do not consider themselves bound to answer reason and experiment." - Galileo Galilei

"Where there is evidence, no one speaks of 'faith'." - Bertrand Russell

"You believe in a book that has talking animals, wizards, witches, demons, sticks turning into snakes, food falling from the sky, people walking on water, and all sorts of magical, absurd and primitive stories, and you say that we are the ones that need help?" -- Dan Barker

Location hidden

#5953 Apr 13, 2014
Big Al wrote:
“The man of science has learned to believe in justification, not by faith, but by verification.”- Thomas Henry Huxley
“I have never seen the slightest scientific proof of the religious theories of heaven and hell, of future life for individuals, or of a personal God”- Thomas Alva Edison
"It vexes me when they would constrain science by the authority of the Scriptures, and yet do not consider themselves bound to answer reason and experiment." - Galileo Galilei
"You believe in a book that has talking animals, wizards, witches, demons, sticks turning into snakes, food falling from the sky, people walking on water, and all sorts of magical, absurd and primitive stories, and you say that we are the ones that need help?" -- Dan Barker
This is the perfect example of what I mean.
Just like it is with pastors preaching behind a pulpit,Ole ' Al is obsessed with anything an anyone who says even the least little thing against one's faith in God he will unconditionally sympathize with without question or challenge.
Al,why don't you just admit it that you are just as equally fanatical in your disbelief about God as a fundamental Christian is fanatical about his/her belief in God?
The only way that you could when this argument of faith is within your own self-delude closed up mind.
You don't have to believe in God if you don't want to,that's entirely up to you.
Coming on here and putting down another person's faith in God only makes you look that much less intelligent because you lack understanding of spiritual knowledge.
You would be better off talking about secular things instead of making an ass out of yourself by coming on here trying to put down that which you have no understanding of for you lack spiritual knowledge of things.

Location hidden

#5954 Apr 13, 2014
typo = win
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

#5955 Apr 13, 2014
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like it is with pastors preaching behind a pulpit,Ole ' Al is obsessed with anything an anyone who says even the least little thing against one's faith in God he will unconditionally sympathize with without question or challenge.
Al,why don't you just admit it that you are just as equally fanatical in your disbelief about God as a fundamental Christian is fanatical about his/her belief in God?
The only way that you could when this argument of faith is within your own self-delude closed up mind.
You don't have to believe in God if you don't want to,that's entirely up to you.
Coming on here and putting down another person's faith in God only makes you look that much less intelligent because you lack understanding of spiritual knowledge.
You would be better off talking about secular things instead of making an ass out of yourself by coming on here trying to put down that which you have no understanding of for you lack spiritual knowledge of things.
No I am not as “equally fanatical” in my disbelief as a fundamentalist Christian. You’re not paying attention. I have told you several times that I am not an atheist and that I consider myself an agnostic which means that I freely admit that I do not know if there is a “God” or not. As Mr. Einstein put it…

"I have repeatedly said that in my opinion the idea of a personal God is a childlike one. You may call me an agnostic, but I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters of religious indoctrination received in youth.”

All I am doing is giving you some of the rational arguments that caused me to reject the Christian beliefs that I was taught. You certainly have the right to reject them if you choose but I think your faith will not allow you to even consider them and you react aggressively toward anyone else that does question your beliefs which means that your faith is fanatical not my agnosticism.

“Where no shadow of doubt is allowed; you can be sure fanaticism will loom large in its place.”- Louis Kronenberger

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

#5956 Apr 13, 2014
Big Al wrote:
This quote from Einstein was apparently intended for you...

"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods."

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

#5957 Apr 13, 2014
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, he is the QuoteMeister...

Truth {rolling eyes} Seeker 7 was the same way... he bought everything under the sun that was against GOD... then 'tried' to convince everyone here that we were wrong...
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

#5958 Apr 13, 2014
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
This quote from Einstein was apparently intended for you...
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods."
That's an excellent quote from Mr. Einstein but as a fellow agnostic it was not intended for me it was intended for those believers like yourself who think that because you have read a holy book you are in possession of the truth.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#5959 Apr 13, 2014
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
<quoted text>
The thing about science is that a lot of you falls head over heels about and,just like it is with the fundamentalists about the Bible and and the pastors preaching behind the pulpit,there are those of you who will believe anything that science says and you will sympathize with anybody who speaks out against religion,specifically Christianity,without question or challenge.
What gets me about you people is that you will swear up and down that everyone has freedom of religion and they have the freedom to express their beliefs but then you want to police and dictate how and where an individual or individuals express their religious beliefs and when you do that then,yes,that is depriving of one's rights to their freedom of religion and their freedom to express their faith.
You can come up with all the excuses you all want to and deny anything you like,however the proof is in the pudding.
You anti-religious and anti-Christian people do try and in some cases succeed in policing and dictating one's religion and you do deprive one's freedom of religion and you you all do deprive one's freedom to express their faith.
The word of God is not meant to be confined to a building,it is meant to be carried unto the entire world so that those whoever will listen will know God.
There is no need for anyone to explain the motives of science and knowledge.

It is about logically to collect information and to put things together like a gigantic puzzle.

All the pieces has to fit together or the whole picture will tell us where the faults are situated.
Science goes by strict tests repeatedly by many and there is no place for cheap tricks and shortcuts.

It is not about belief or emotional conclusions it is about facts.

Those who use science as a foundation will build on solid ground it will not slide away.

The motives of people who follow science are not hate, anger, revenge or whatever negative motives someone will give to them; it is rather curiosity and plain logics.

Location hidden

#5960 Apr 13, 2014
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
No I am not as “equally fanatical” in my disbelief as a fundamentalist Christian. You’re not paying attention. I have told you several times that I am not an atheist and that I consider myself an agnostic which means that I freely admit that I do not know if there is a “God” or not. As Mr. Einstein put it…
"I have repeatedly said that in my opinion the idea of a personal God is a childlike one. You may call me an agnostic, but I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters of religious indoctrination received in youth.”
All I am doing is giving you some of the rational arguments that caused me to reject the Christian beliefs that I was taught. You certainly have the right to reject them if you choose but I think your faith will not allow you to even consider them and you react aggressively toward anyone else that does question your beliefs which means that your faith is fanatical not my agnosticism.
“Where no shadow of doubt is allowed; you can be sure fanaticism will loom large in its place.”- Louis Kronenberger
Oh I believe you are very much equally fanatical too,anyone can see that the signs are written all over you.
You sit there and speak about rationality when most likely you are one of those who throws a tantrum at the site of a cross or a nativity scene just for the simple fact that its there.
You are most likely one of those who just can't let things go,live and let live.
No,not people like you,you have to go out and stir up a ruckus and go cry to big brother and waste everybody's time and money over childish things when there are far more important issues to deal with.

Location hidden

#5961 Apr 13, 2014
Mr Ironhart wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no need for anyone to explain the motives of science and knowledge.
It is about logically to collect information and to put things together like a gigantic puzzle.
All the pieces has to fit together or the whole picture will tell us where the faults are situated.
Science goes by strict tests repeatedly by many and there is no place for cheap tricks and shortcuts.
It is not about belief or emotional conclusions it is about facts.
Those who use science as a foundation will build on solid ground it will not slide away.
The motives of people who follow science are not hate, anger, revenge or whatever negative motives someone will give to them; it is rather curiosity and plain logics.
Exactly,
So why do you all get yourselves so worked up over a cotton-picking two pieces of wood or other that's formed in a shape of a cross or a lifeless nativity scene that's only put up temporarily,by the way,when you all should have far more important things to be concerned about and devote your time,money and energy to which has not a thing to do with religion?

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#5962 Apr 13, 2014
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
<quoted text>
In my case, it's not true. And if fundies would just sit in their corners, and pray to their god, I wouldn't even talk about their god any more than I talk about Thor. But they try to impose their beliefs on others, and that's where the problem lies.

Location hidden

#5963 Apr 13, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
In my case, it's not true. And if fundies would just sit in their corners, and pray to their god, I wouldn't even talk about their god any more than I talk about Thor. But they try to impose their beliefs on others, and that's where the problem lies.
It's only not true simply because you don't want to believe that its true.
You people are just as equally bad as you piss and moan about the fundamentalists are and you're too full of your own pride to admit that fact.
I'll ask you this,how are they imposing their beliefs on others that has you in an uproar so much that the only way you can counter them is to insult their faith,a belief in which you have shown on here repeatedly to have very little to no understanding of?

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#5964 Apr 13, 2014
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
<quoted text>
It's only not true simply because you don't want to believe that its true.
Do you just not want to believe Thor causes lightning?
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
You people are just as equally bad as you piss and moan about the fundamentalists are and you're too full of your own pride to admit that fact.
I'll ask you this,how are they imposing their beliefs on others that has you in an uproar so much that the only way you can counter them is to insult their faith,a belief in which you have shown on here repeatedly to have very little to no understanding of?
There is the gay marriage issue and abortion.
(I'm straight.)

Location hidden

#5965 Apr 13, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you just not want to believe Thor causes lightning?
<quoted text>
There is the gay marriage issue and abortion.
(I'm straight.)
Other than the Norse legend pertaining to Thor and somewhat about the people who worshiped Thor I do not know about the religion itself other than there were sacrifices made unto him including human sacrifices.

The gay marriage and the abortion is a very hot topic issue and its far more important to debate and quarrel about than some old image of a cross or nativity scene sitting around somewhere,don't you agree?
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

#5966 Apr 13, 2014
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I believe you are very much equally fanatical too,anyone can see that the signs are written all over you.
You sit there and speak about rationality when most likely you are one of those who throws a tantrum at the site of a cross or a nativity scene just for the simple fact that its there.
You are most likely one of those who just can't let things go,live and let live.
No,not people like you,you have to go out and stir up a ruckus and go cry to big brother and waste everybody's time and money over childish things when there are far more important issues to deal with.
By what kind of twisted logic do you arrive the conclusion that a person who freely admits that he doesn't know if there is a "God" is fanatical? Turn your critical eye toward yourself for once. I put the question to you - is it possible that what you believe about "God" could be wrong? If you cannot answer that question with a definitive "yes" then it will be clear that it is not I but you that is the fanatic.

Location hidden

#5967 Apr 13, 2014
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
By what kind of twisted logic do you arrive the conclusion that a person who freely admits that he doesn't know if there is a "God" is fanatical? Turn your critical eye toward yourself for once. I put the question to you - is it possible that what you believe about "God" could be wrong? If you cannot answer that question with a definitive "yes" then it will be clear that it is not I but you that is the fanatic.
You really don't pay attention to anything much,do you? LMAO1

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#5968 Apr 13, 2014
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
<quoted text>
You really don't pay attention to anything much,do you? LMAO1
I'm kind of half way paying attention and as near as I can tell Al is saying he'll not be swayed by opinions that fly in the face of reality as he understands it, a defensible position and you are replying with "you lack understanding of spiritual knowledge" which, it seems, is a position you should now attempt to defend or, faulting that, look silly. You've been here long enough to know that appeals to your Magic Jesus Decoder Ring simply hold no weight in the discussion.

Location hidden

#5969 Apr 13, 2014
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm kind of half way paying attention and as near as I can tell Al is saying he'll not be swayed by opinions that fly in the face of reality as he understands it, a defensible position and you are replying with "you lack understanding of spiritual knowledge" which, it seems, is a position you should now attempt to defend or, faulting that, look silly. You've been here long enough to know that appeals to your Magic Jesus Decoder Ring simply hold no weight in the discussion.
"Magic Jesus Decoder Ring",that's no where's as funny as you all believing that you are the retarded offspring of five monkeys have butt sex with a fish-squirrel.
In a seriousness though,the reason why I claim that you irreligious preschoolers lack spiritual knowledge and understanding is simply because its true.
You ass clowns get on here every day mouthing off about how you don't believe in God,mouthing off disrespectfully against Christians about their beliefs,you act like you're so superior in knowledge of things and yet thru all of your mouthing off and all of your quoting others that you all sympathize with who are against the faith the same as you,you really have shown that you don't quite as much know nor understand about what you all are on here spouting off against as you think you do.
All you really know is that you don't believe in God and you think you know all there is to know about Christianity based on what was going on during the crusades and the Dark Ages and that's pretty much what all of you guys have to go on.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#5970 Apr 13, 2014
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly,
So why do you all get yourselves so worked up over a cotton-picking two pieces of wood or other that's formed in a shape of a cross or a lifeless nativity scene that's only put up temporarily,by the way,when you all should have far more important things to be concerned about and devote your time,money and energy to which has not a thing to do with religion?
You do not know me, but you still shout loudly about your assumptions about me.
Most certainly you do not like to hear what I am telling, but in this world we need to come together in order to sort out some basic issues like science and religion and aiming at the future and human coexistence.
It will probably not be seen in our lifetime but the fruits will be harvested by future generations; then perhaps we could say that our spirit lives on with what we have sorted out?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 43 min Cookie_Parker 14,659
Proof of God 1 hr Brother James 109
Catholics Mobbing Church Pews 3 hr Hardcore 12
MESSAGE FROM GOD ABOUT these JIHAD RETARDS 4 hr Mr Ironhart 4
The Social Harm of Religion 4 hr Hardcore 102
Is the Bible always literally true or correct? 7 hr 15th Dalai Lama 3,348
Atonement? 8 hr Truth 209
New Discovery Shows No God Needed To Create Life 8 hr God the son 256
Houston Mayor Says City’s Church Sermon Subpoen... 14 hr QUITTNER Oct 22 2014 81

Christian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE