Positively no.

I don’t know, maybe.

First Prev
of 364
Next Last
Yesu Kristo Mwokozi wangu

Shelby, OH

#1 Aug 19, 2011
The Bible says that we must accept by faith the fact that God exists:“And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him”(Hebrews 11:6).

Does that mean that there is no evidence of God’s existence?

Shelby, OH

#2 Aug 19, 2011
Wouldn't you agree, the existence of God cannot be proved or disproved?

Shelby, OH

#3 Aug 19, 2011
If God so desired, He could simply appear and prove to the whole world that He exists.

So why doesn't He do that?

Shelby, OH

#4 Aug 19, 2011
Perhaps I need to offer a definition of God. I like Matt Slick’s definition in his debate with Edwin Kagin; it’s Biblical so I’ll go with his.

“God is that Supreme Being who exists independent of the universe, who does not change, is absolute, transcends space and time, who is self aware, who is all-knowing, ever present, and can accomplish whatever he desires to accomplish. In short, I am proposing the Christian God.”

“Jesus is Lord”

Since: Aug 11

Greenwood, Indiana

#5 Aug 19, 2011
Only a fool would say that God doesn't exist!

Roland_Deschain

“Naturalism - Nature is Enough”

Since: Nov 07

UK

#6 Aug 19, 2011
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
AFAIAC the deity of the bible is impossible.

Roland_Deschain

UK

#7 Aug 19, 2011
Yesu Kristo Mwokozi wangu wrote:
No.

Roland_Deschain

UK

#8 Aug 19, 2011
If God so desired, He could simply appear and prove to the whole world that He exists.
It's imaginary.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#9 Aug 19, 2011
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
Only a fool would say that God does exist.

'Maybe God exists' is the best you can do.

Roland_Deschain

UK

#10 Aug 19, 2011
The Bible says that we must accept by faith the fact that God exists:“And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him”(Hebrews 11:6).
Does that mean that there is no evidence of God’s existence?
Yes.
Punisher

Mount Vernon, NY

#11 Aug 19, 2011
Perhaps I need to offer a definition of God. I like Matt Slick’s definition in his debate with Edwin Kagin; it’s Biblical so I’ll go with his.
“God is that Supreme Being who exists independent of the universe, who does not change, is absolute, transcends space and time, who is self aware, who is all-knowing, ever present, and can accomplish whatever he desires to accomplish. In short, I am proposing the Christian God.”
These are ideas that are imposed on the god/s. These are ideas that men would like for a god to be - as such they do nothing to prove a god, or even define a god. What you/others would wish something to be is not likely to be exactly what it is.
Punisher

Mount Vernon, NY

#12 Aug 19, 2011
How comes he's male? Do you really think this Being as described is tied to a gender..? Does he swing his transcendent dick around the universes..?
Punisher

Mount Vernon, NY

#13 Aug 19, 2011
I would first clarify this by saying the existence of A God cannot be proved/disproved. That a being that might be a God being "out there" - can not be solved in either direction is a fair position for anyone to take.

What I/others can do is disprove there is any God that is described by ANY religious tracts - that the God of the bible can be disproved is very possible.

Since: Dec 10

Europe

#14 Aug 19, 2011
Why does the God of the bible hide himself?
humble brother

Helsinki, Finland

#15 Aug 19, 2011
Lenyooa wrote:
Why does the God of the bible hide himself?
To be able to believe, one must be blind to that what is the truth. For if you have seen, you no longer have the need to believe. The Word of God is all about believing and following.

There are no shortcuts for anyone.
aware

Englewood, CO

#16 Aug 19, 2011
humble brother wrote:
<quoted text>
To be able to believe, one must be blind to that what is the truth. For if you have seen, you no longer have the need to believe. The Word of God is all about believing and following.
Give me a plausible reason believing without seeing is so important to this god..This is only one of thousands of gods in human history..

Shelby, OH

#17 Aug 19, 2011
The vast majority of people throughout history, in all cultures, in all civilizations, and on all continents believe in the existence of some kind of God. There must be something (or someone) causing this belief.

Shelby, OH

#18 Aug 19, 2011
Since the universe displays such an amazing design, there must have been a divine Designer.

Since: Dec 10

Europe

#19 Aug 19, 2011
humble brother wrote:
<quoted text>
So you mean Christianity is blind faith? Ha! Lol.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#20 Aug 19, 2011
The vast majority of people throughout history, in all cultures, in all civilizations, and on all continents believe in the existence of some kind of God. There must be something (or someone) causing this belief.
Fear of the unknown.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 364
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was Paul a False Apostle? (May '08) 8 min God Breathed 5,129
Scientific Proof Of GOD(for dummies) 29 min par five 1,022
News Religion, higher education and critical thinking (Aug '15) 1 hr messianic114 7,758
The Love of God vs the Wrath of God (Dec '14) 2 hr loveismygoal 644
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 hr Raspberry8445 18,661
The Bible - Is it the Word of GOD? (Jan '08) 4 hr Emmeline 244
I HATE God & Christians (Feb '13) 5 hr Emmeline 408
Evidence Against God 7 hr messianic114 3,150
Why do you really believe in a god? 7 hr 10uhsee 358
More from around the web