|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2007

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying that centuries ago, the world was, in fact, flat. Not merely believed to be flat, but in fact it WAS flat.
Facts do not change.
Historical point: when Columbus set sail on his voyage, no one was worried about falling off the edge of the world. They were worried about just how far the East Indies were, did they have enough food and water on board to make it, were there any sea monsters, etc, etc, etc. But no one except the ignorant peasants believed that the world was flat. About 23 centuries ago, the Greeks calculated the diameter of the Earth.
Yeah, and when they arrived at the present-day American continent, they called the natives "Indians" because they thought they were in India. Thus, we have the results of their "facts" to this day.

D
333Trinity7

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2007

rusty wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not making any sense at all.
I'm not denying anyone mercy (I don't even have that kind of power to begin with). The foot of the Cross is open to all.
Neither am I a sinner...I was a sinner years ago, but not anymore. Neither do I do the same things that I one time did.
If I am still a sinner after having the Blood applied to my life, then my salvation is in vain.
To say that a person is still a sinner after receiving Christ, is to say that it is impossible to live right.
Again...Mr. Wildmon is not a liar and neither am I.
As for being a judge...I am not a judge, but I am a fruit inspector.
Oh my, do you really believe you do not sin anymore? By spending time on these post we are not reading Bibles, or praying, or helkping our neighbors, or caring for a sick friend, or calling someone, we are argruing and misunderstanding each other, and etc.....
We are ALL sinners and continue to fall short of God's glory. Yes, thank GOd for His son Jesus who forgives my sins......over and over and over.......once and for always!
But, to assume I am now not sinning..well, as much as Jeus blood pours over my sins and washes the cuicrcumstances away....I am still a sinner, but for HIM......careful careful
333Trinity7

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2007

I do like the fruit inspector comment...the salvation in vain...okay...but, just because you don't do what you used to do does not mean you have nothing for which fellow believers need hold you accountable......
rusty

Shelby, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2007

333Trinity7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my, do you really believe you do not sin anymore?
I didn't say that.

I am capable of sinning if I don't follow in His footsteps, and I have slipped and fell before, but as long as my sin is under the Blood then I am not classified as a sinner.
rusty

Shelby, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2007

333Trinity7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my, do you really believe you do not sin anymore? By spending time on these post we are not reading Bibles, or praying, or helping our neighbors, or caring for a sick friend, or calling someone, we are auguring and misunderstanding each other, and etc.....
Sorry, that's a misjudgment on your part.

“LOVE, FEAR , RESPECT THE LORD!”

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2007

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying that centuries ago, the world was, in fact, flat. Not merely believed to be flat, but in fact it WAS flat.
Facts do not change.
Historical point: when Columbus set sail on his voyage, no one was worried about falling off the edge of the world. They were worried about just how far the East Indies were, did they have enough food and water on board to make it, were there any sea monsters, etc, etc, etc. But no one except the ignorant peasants believed that the world was flat. About 23 centuries ago, the Greeks calculated the diameter of the Earth.
Actually in Columbus day most people believed that the world was flat. In the writings of Columbus he states that he learned the world was round from reading the book of Isaiah in the Bible. Below is an interesting link.

Isaiah said, in speaking of God, "It is He who sits above the circle of the earth..." (Isa. 40:22). In the context, of course, Isaiah is giving a discourse on the supreme sovereignty of God. But, in this verse, he has also given us a pearl of scientific foreknowledge. The Hebrew word he used for "circle" is the word khug, which literally means something with "roundness" or "sphericity." The people of Isaiah's day (and for many generations to come) thought that the Earth was flat, not round or spherical (remember the skeptics about 500 years ago in Christopher Columbus' day?)! Isaiah said just the opposite, however. How did he know approximately 2700 years ago? Was it just a lucky guess?
http://www.audioevangelism.com/sndwrds/transc ...

Since: Jul 07

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2007

Melton wrote:
<quoted text>Actually in Columbus day most people believed that the world was flat. In the writings of Columbus he states that he learned the world was round from reading the book of Isaiah in the Bible. Below is an interesting link.
Isaiah said, in speaking of God, "It is He who sits above the circle of the earth..." (Isa. 40:22).
Now come on, don't confuse the atheists with FACTS, don't you know they have the lock on all knowledge?

:)

D
American

Springfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2007

rusty wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not making any sense at all.
I'm not denying anyone mercy (I don't even have that kind of power to begin with). The foot of the Cross is open to all.
Neither am I a sinner...I was a sinner years ago, but not anymore. Neither do I do the same things that I one time did.
If I am still a sinner after having the Blood applied to my life, then my salvation is in vain.
To say that a person is still a sinner after receiving Christ, is to say that it is impossible to live right.
Again...Mr. Wildmon is not a liar and neither am I.
As for being a judge...I am not a judge, but I am a fruit inspector.
Very well said! But I add the scripture below.

1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
1Co 2:15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
1Co 2:16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.
mechanic45

Oneida, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2007

Then why did Paul say...1Corinthians 15:31 I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our LORD, I die daily.
333Trinity7

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2007

rusty wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, that's a misjudgment on your part.
Also a miswriting on yours.........I hold you accountable...read your own hand in writ.

But, I am glad to know it was mere misunderstanding. I truly believe it is alright to challenge. But, I am so happy to know we are agreed. But, honestly, I like your boldness when posting! GOd given courage, I'm sure!
May your harvests be big ones! Peace
333Trinity7

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2007

American wrote:
<quoted text>
1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
1Co 2:15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
1Co 2:16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.
I love that you are introducing the Mind of Chrsit here in the forums.......As a believer, I have long waited for communion and fellowship on that topic. Thank you for your presence.
rusty

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2007

mechanic45 wrote:
Then why did Paul say...1Corinthians 15:31 I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our LORD, I die daily.
He said that because of the old man of sin that he was warring against on a daily basis. We will always have to deal with our fleshly desires, but if we follow the Spirit then our flesh will be overruled by the power of God.

It's not impossible to live a clean life and to be pure in the spirit.
rusty

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2007

American wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank YOU Sir!

I was beginning to think that I was the lone ranger here, lol.
Stones

Cedar Knolls, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2008

Knock knock
Who's there?
Dozen
Dozen who?
Dozen anyone want to let me in.

Since: Sep 10

Yunited States, North America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Judged:

It will pass one day.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 14
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

17 Users are viewing the Christian Forum right now

Search the Christian Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
demons 6 min Armed Dangerous 21
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 13 min Nc resident 12,465
Is the Bible always literally true or correct? 39 min Nc resident 1,503
A Message from Nettie 48 min Nc resident 1,327
...Christianity's explanation of race 1 hr Nc resident 115
Why would God allow MH17 to be shot down??? 1 hr Nc resident 213
God is just 2 hr susanblange 123
•••
•••