Bill in Congress makes it a crime for...

“God is Dead.”

Since: Jun 07

Lincoln, NE

#246 Aug 13, 2007
rusty wrote:
I guess there is one silver lining in all of this anti-Christian babble of late...And that is the fact that it has bumped this thread quite a bit and kept it from dying.
Many more will now be able to see what the thread was all about to begin with.
Thanks all!
Do you think it's wrong if I tell children about how Jesus is evil, and that christians will steal them?

“No Allah: know peace”

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#247 Aug 14, 2007
lord_jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think it's wrong if I tell children about how Jesus is evil, and that christians will steal them?
It would only be wrong if it was not true.

“RAmen”

A-town aka: the 806

#248 Aug 14, 2007
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
It would only be wrong if it was not true.
Which it is (true), so... listen up kiddies, Jesus IS the Anti-Christ!
The Real Truth

Turku, Finland

#249 Aug 14, 2007
rusty wrote:
http://www.afa.net/hatecrime2. asp
There is dangerous legislation being presented to congress.
If pastors and other Christians don’t aggressively oppose a bill now in Congress, in the near future they will be subject to huge fines and prison terms if they say anything negative about homosexuality.
Click on the above link and sign the petition if you treasure free speech.
I hope you don't get the signatures. What a hateful bunch of people who do sign. People are people regardless of there sexual orientation. I'm glad to see the reigns of your evangelical empire being pulled in. Next stop, ban the likes of jesus camp and it's foul indoctrnation of young impressionable kids with ideology and ridiculous subjective beliefs and wanton disregard of objective realities, where it suits of course. Put simply, it's child abuse.
mechanic45

Oneida, TN

#250 Aug 14, 2007
The Real Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you don't get the signatures. What a hateful bunch of people who do sign. People are people regardless of there sexual orientation. I'm glad to see the reigns of your evangelical empire being pulled in. Next stop, ban the likes of jesus camp and it's foul indoctrnation of young impressionable kids with ideology and ridiculous subjective beliefs and wanton disregard of objective realities, where it suits of course. Put simply, it's child abuse.
The trouble is that would bring us down to your level of condescending tripe which can't seem to get out of it's gray area thinking!
The Real Truth

Finland

#252 Aug 14, 2007
mechanic45 wrote:
<quoted text>The trouble is that would bring us down to your level of condescending tripe which can't seem to get out of it's gray area thinking!
Come to scandinavia, you'll see how a truely secular non theistic society is more free, more safe, more healthy, more intelligent, more caring (yes per capita we are more generous to charities!); less crime, less murders, less sexual crimes, less guns, less violence, less stress. Your "one nation under God" doesn't meet up to my expectations as a non-theist.

“Normal?”

Since: Apr 07

Utopia

#253 Aug 15, 2007
The Real Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Come to scandinavia, you'll see how a truely secular non theistic society is more free, more safe, more healthy, more intelligent, more caring (yes per capita we are more generous to charities!); less crime, less murders, less sexual crimes, less guns, less violence, less stress. Your "one nation under God" doesn't meet up to my expectations as a non-theist.
That's comparing apples to oranges. You can't compare a small insignificant country that has absolutely no say in world affairs and no pressure from any side of the spectrum to the country that leads the free world or any country with the kind of clout that requires making a decision based on a global scale.
The Real Truth

Finland

#255 Aug 15, 2007
Mr_Tim wrote:
<quoted text>
That's comparing apples to oranges. You can't compare a small insignificant country that has absolutely no say in world affairs and no pressure from any side of the spectrum to the country that leads the free world or any country with the kind of clout that requires making a decision based on a global scale.
Scandinavia is NOT a country! Typical insular response, though expected, you live in America.

25 million is still a lot of people.

Stats are of course are per-capita representation, you ass-hat.

Nordic (Scandinavia is synomynous, but originally is the first 3 here) countries are as follows:
Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Iceland ,Åland, Faroe Islands.

Nokia, Saab, Vovlo, Ericsson - most people are suprised.

“Normal?”

Utopia

#256 Aug 15, 2007
The Real Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Scandinavia is NOT a country! Typical insular response, though expected, you live in America.
25 million is still a lot of people.
Stats are of course are per-capita representation, you ass-hat.
Nordic (Scandinavia is synomynous, but originally is the first 3 here) countries are as follows:
Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Iceland ,Åland, Faroe Islands.
Nokia, Saab, Vovlo, Ericsson - most people are suprised.
Okay, so apply what I said to all of those countries. Combined or separate. Volvo is owned by Ford (American Scandinavians are used for labor). Saab is owned by GM (American Scandinavians are used for labor). I'll give you Nokia and Ericsson. BUT without Americans buying those products they all are just little company stains in a much larger world.

“Normal?”

Utopia

#257 Aug 15, 2007
Hey RT, I bet you really hate us now.

“Normal?”

Utopia

#258 Aug 15, 2007
Oh, and you forgot IKEA, the world leader in cheap crappy furniture.
rusty

Ether, NC

#259 Aug 15, 2007
The Real Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Come to Scandinavia, you'll see how a truly secular non theistic society is more free, more safe, more healthy, more intelligent, more caring (yes per capita we are more generous to charities!); less crime, less murders, less sexual crimes, less guns, less violence, less stress.
Sure, I don't doubt that at all. Satan has no reason to upset the apple cart over there and that's why things look so great since he has you all in his back pocket.
The Real Truth

Finland

#260 Aug 16, 2007
Mr_Tim wrote:
Hey RT, I bet you really hate us now.
Not at all, just you're a little bit childish in your responses.
IKEA, yep it's crappy but helps a lot of people.
I don't hate you or America, my Dad is an American, I lived there, went to school there. I loved it more than any other place! I love Oregon.
That wasn't my point, hence your original defensive rebuttle.

“Normal?”

Utopia

#261 Aug 16, 2007
The Real Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all, just you're a little bit childish in your responses.
IKEA, yep it's crappy but helps a lot of people.
I don't hate you or America, my Dad is an American, I lived there, went to school there. I loved it more than any other place! I love Oregon.
That wasn't my point, hence your original defensive rebuttle.
I was joking. I have great respect for anyone and everyone from anywhere, and you are right in some cases about being careful in what we teach our children.

“God is Dead.”

Lincoln, NE

#262 Aug 16, 2007
The Real Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I've considered moving to Sweden for a long time, is that a good move?

“Normal?”

Utopia

#263 Aug 16, 2007
lord_jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
I've considered moving to Sweden for a long time, is that a good move?
For you? Yes.

Since: Jul 07

United States

#264 Aug 21, 2007
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you need a new dictionary. Facts never change. You also need a history book, seeing as how your God has changed so much over the years.
Really; your ignorance betrays you. Many centuries ago, it was a FACT that the world was flat. That's a far cry from Truth, isn't it?

D

Since: Jul 07

United States

#265 Aug 21, 2007
lord_jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL; the only evil ones here are those whose brains are as deceived as yours.

D
rusty

Asheboro, NC

#266 Aug 21, 2007
sam wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe Christianity messed up his mind ...... thats why he bashed the church and then after a while killed his family
This guy was not a Christian.

I wasn't going to respond to this, but I just couldn't get over the fact the your religion has murdered so many people its ridiculous.

I mean, what causes a muslim to strap on a bomb to kill and maim innocent people as well as blow up their self?

Talk about being insane!

Jesus said that the day would come when people would kill you, thinking that they are doing God a service.

“No Allah: know peace”

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#267 Aug 21, 2007
disciplemaker wrote:
<quoted text>
Really; your ignorance betrays you. Many centuries ago, it was a FACT that the world was flat. That's a far cry from Truth, isn't it?
D
So you are saying that centuries ago, the world was, in fact, flat. Not merely believed to be flat, but in fact it WAS flat.

Facts do not change.

Historical point: when Columbus set sail on his voyage, no one was worried about falling off the edge of the world. They were worried about just how far the East Indies were, did they have enough food and water on board to make it, were there any sea monsters, etc, etc, etc. But no one except the ignorant peasants believed that the world was flat. About 23 centuries ago, the Greeks calculated the diameter of the Earth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Early Christianity (Dec '16) 6 min Big Al 2,675
Why did Christ come to Earth? (Oct '16) 8 hr PrufSammy 1,387
Global Warming, Return of Christ. Any Relations... (Jul '07) 14 hr natalie 26
"The love of many shall wax cold." It's REAL m... 14 hr JW PAEDOPHILE CULT 8
Taranis 19 hr say NO to PenisPervs 1
There is a National Rejection of God in America!! Tue Big Al 76
jesus will never return Mon Natalie 144
More from around the web