of 4
Next Last

“BasicGenetics”

Since: Dec 07

Seattle

#65 Jan 5, 2008
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, you forgot to mention that as soon as dive into primitive religious waters, they give up their ability to think and soon go brain dead.
I'm sure your a very nice man Seentheotherside, but regardless, generalization is something you obviously take a keen point in exhibiting when you try to rebut to other peoples posts. It comes to a point where you are not going to be respected for your views, this isn't an insult; in fact it's far from it, just an open reminder.

“Atheist and Proud !”

Since: Nov 07

Ontario,Canada

#66 Jan 5, 2008
Hello

Franky...

""the Bible is a book of fiction" when you've never read the book. For God's sake if you're going to make a claim, at least back it up. Typical rookie. "

I Don't have to listen the Britney Spears Entire Album to know it's Crap...!

What insight could the Book of Fiction Possibly provide an Atheist, only to hold more Hatred for it ??

We know it's bullshite, the same way you know the Koran is Bullshite...

Have you read the Koran, for the Satanists Bible ?

No ?

Then why hold us to the same Stupid standard ?

Atheist
Franky

San Antonio, TX

#67 Jan 5, 2008
Atheist wrote:
Hello
Franky...
""the Bible is a book of fiction" when you've never read the book. For God's sake if you're going to make a claim, at least back it up. Typical rookie. "
What insight could the Book of Fiction Possibly provide an Atheist, only to hold more Hatred for it ??
No ?
Atheist
Actually I have read the Quran. You shouldn't assume things.
Franky

San Antonio, TX

#68 Jan 5, 2008
jleslie48 wrote:
<quoted text>
The classic, "I don't have an answer for you so you shouldn't of even asked the question" response.
Franky, a little clue, when you shoot the messenger instead of the message you automatically lose.
LOL he didn't ask me anything! There's your clue for ya

“BasicGenetics”

Seattle

#69 Jan 6, 2008
Atheist wrote:
Hello
Franky...
No ?
Atheist
Hmm...you dont have to listen to the wholes album to know its crap...?
funny that, i would of said the same thing but I'm actually a fan of "hit me baby one more time" so using your AMAZING example here, what if in the bible your read a certain section that just clicked with you and you liked the sound of it?
You should always read all of what you claim to dismiss :)
and sorry i seem to pick on you a lot lately. Haha
Genetics

“Life Force One”

Since: Jul 07

The Spiritual Universe

#70 Jan 6, 2008
Genetics4me wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure your a very nice man Seentheotherside, but regardless, generalization is something you obviously take a keen point in exhibiting when you try to rebut to other peoples posts. It comes to a point where you are not going to be respected for your views, this isn't an insult; in fact it's far from it, just an open reminder.
And my statement: "Ah, you forgot to mention that as soon as dive into primitive religious waters, they give up their ability to think and soon go brain dead." IS A FACT.

Through your entire life you should constantly try to understand what this existence called life is all about. You should always try to define your existence and your place in the world by asking yourself:

Who am "I"?

What is my soul, how does it work, and how am I suppose to spiritually evolve it, and evolve to what end?"

What is my purpose here?

What is my life, this world, and the entire universe all about?

All the primitive Christian religion does is give you a mindless concept that all you have to do is blindly believe in a fictitious person and everything the church leaders tell you. They even tell you how to interpret verses in the bible that clearly mean something else. And have rewritten over 100,000 changes into the bible to make it mean whatever they want. And none of it answers the above questions, just stifles everyones thinking with a mythical person, false promises, and fear mongering.

So prove me wrong then, without using the bible, answer the questions above in your own words and personal experiences/insights.

“BasicGenetics”

Seattle

#71 Jan 6, 2008
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
And my statement: "Ah, you forgot to mention that as soon as dive into primitive religious waters, they give up their ability to think and soon go brain dead." IS A FACT.
Through your entire life you should constantly try to understand what this existence called life is all about. You should always try to define your existence and your place in the world by asking yourself:
Who am "I"?
What is my soul, how does it work, and how am I suppose to spiritually evolve it, and evolve to what end?"
What is my purpose here?
What is my life, this world, and the entire universe all about?
All the primitive Christian religion does is give you a mindless concept that all you have to do is blindly believe in a fictitious person and everything the church leaders tell you. They even tell you how to interpret verses in the bible that clearly mean something else. And have rewritten over 100,000 changes into the bible to make it mean whatever they want. And none of it answers the above questions, just stifles everyones thinking with a mythical person, false promises, and fear mongering.
So prove me wrong then, without using the bible, answer the questions above in your own words and personal experiences/insights.
#1 I am not in a set religion, so i do not need to use the bible to my advantage.
#2 I am saying it as an observation
#3 I was pointing out you generalize certain sects of people.

I have no need to prove you wrong as i was not trying too.

“Life Force One”

The Spiritual Universe

#72 Jan 6, 2008
Genetics4me wrote:
<quoted text>
#1 I am not in a set religion, so i do not need to use the bible to my advantage.
#2 I am saying it as an observation
#3 I was pointing out you generalize certain sects of people.
I have no need to prove you wrong as i was not trying too.
Now you're being just plain silly. I have to come up with some term to define the people/religion I'm making the statement about. So either prove my statement wrong, come up with another term, or next time just let it go. I can't sit for hours trying to figure out how every person on the planet might mis-interpret my posts.
No Fear

Coppell, TX

#73 Jan 6, 2008
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you're being just plain silly. I have to come up with some term to define the people/religion I'm making the statement about. So either prove my statement wrong, come up with another term, or next time just let it go. I can't sit for hours trying to figure out how every person on the planet might mis-interpret my posts.
how can anyone mis-interpet your post when you never say anything....lol

“BasicGenetics”

Seattle

#74 Jan 6, 2008
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again you have misinterpreted what i have said. I was rebutting your previous comment about what i had said, and you still generalize sects of people and anyone on this site would happily back me up on this I'm sure.

“Life Force One”

The Spiritual Universe

#75 Jan 6, 2008
No Fear wrote:
<quoted text>
how can anyone mis-interpet your post when you never say anything....lol
They sure get your pants in a bunch though. LOL back at ya.

“Life Force One”

The Spiritual Universe

#76 Jan 6, 2008
Genetics4me wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again you have misinterpreted what i have said. I was rebutting your previous comment about what i had said, and you still generalize sects of people and anyone on this site would happily back me up on this I'm sure.
Ok, since you're the generalized sects police, I'll check with you before I post anything.

So I want to say that Christians are foolish for believing in a book of fables. Should I list all the Christian denominations to be more specific? Or should I state all Christians who believe in the bible fables are foolish? I need your advise before you get mad and arrest me.

NYC area

#77 Jan 7, 2008
Franky wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL he didn't ask me anything! There's your clue for ya
wow. still shooting the messenger. you never will learn.

“BasicGenetics”

Seattle

#78 Jan 7, 2008
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, since you're the generalized sects police, I'll check with you before I post anything.
So I want to say that Christians are foolish for believing in a book of fables. Should I list all the Christian denominations to be more specific? Or should I state all Christians who believe in the bible fables are foolish? I need your advise before you get mad and arrest me.
There's a saying "sarcasm is the lowest form of wit" and your obviously proving my point very clearly right now, regardless of what people believe in and I'm not religious, but i still respect people and don't argue with the faith, but why do you choose too?

“Life Force One”

The Spiritual Universe

#79 Jan 7, 2008
Genetics4me wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a saying "sarcasm is the lowest form of wit" and your obviously proving my point very clearly right now, regardless of what people believe in and I'm not religious, but i still respect people and don't argue with the faith, but why do you choose too?
At a very basic level, for pretty much the same reason you attacked my post because you didn't like the wording.

But to be more specific:

Christianity is a spiritually false religion.
They try forcing their beliefs upon everyone else.
They are arrogant holier than thou hypocrites.
They hate all non-Christians.

And although I posted it elsewhere a few times, I'll state it again. When I first came to Topix I merely wanted to share my spiritual experiences from the other side. But because it didn't correspond to what they were led to believe, these foul Christians bashed me with every vile remark they could think of. And then some. They were like a bunch of rabid pit bulls and I got the impression of what entering hell would be like.

So now a couple of questions for you.

How come you attacked me over my statements, but don't say anything when Christians bash non-Christians?

There are a couple of insane Christians called knight and Wayne who go around making all kinds of outrageous vile remarks to non-Christians and make me look like a boy scout. One even started a poll/forum with a bunch of insulting choices, claiming that Atheists are stupid. The other started a poll/forum on me being possessed. So why do you go after me because you don't like me making truthful statements, but haven't gone after these totally hypocritical Christians?

“BasicGenetics”

Seattle

#80 Jan 7, 2008
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
At a very basic level, for pretty much the same reason you attacked my post because you didn't like the wording.
But to be more specific:
Christianity is a spiritually false religion.
They try forcing their beliefs upon everyone else.
They are arrogant holier than thou hypocrites.
They hate all non-Christians.
And although I posted it elsewhere a few times, I'll state it again. When I first came to Topix I merely wanted to share my spiritual experiences from the other side. But because it didn't correspond to what they were led to believe, these foul Christians bashed me with every vile remark they could think of. And then some. They were like a bunch of rabid pit bulls and I got the impression of what entering hell would be like.
So now a couple of questions for you.
How come you attacked me over my statements, but don't say anything when Christians bash non-Christians?
There are a couple of insane Christians called knight and Wayne who go around making all kinds of outrageous vile remarks to non-Christians and make me look like a boy scout. One even started a poll/forum with a bunch of insulting choices, claiming that Atheists are stupid. The other started a poll/forum on me being possessed. So why do you go after me because you don't like me making truthful statements, but haven't gone after these totally hypocritical Christians?
Do as i say not as i do, as my mum likes to say.
I attacked your statement mainly because i some what have a healthy obsession with genetics and i found your comment somewhat incorrect in a sense so i merely corrected you upon it(yes it was in a forceful manner) and with the whole wayne and knight, with them doing that you are simply proving a valid point without the need to rebut. In a sense of how you handle 'believers' is some times that of a vicious manner,however i shall not continue to slander against you as you do not deserve it but if i see you make an incorrect statement in my personal view i shall bring it up but if I see you copping abuse from these wayne and knight or anyone else i shall defend you.

Gene

Gene
Tommy Gun

Mclean, VA

#81 Jul 28, 2008
christianity is for losers

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Would Jesus have attended a Gay Wedding? 30 min Rose_NoHo 2,219
Christian Fundamentalism 38 min Big Al 83
News Republic of Ireland votes for equal marriage 41 min Rose_NoHo 90
Sodom and Gomorrah And Drunk incest. 1 hr 10uhsee 302
Mark 4:11 Should Christians follow the Bible? 2 hr Passing thru 39
Is Paul a false Apostle? (Sep '13) 2 hr Barnsweb 3,628
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 hr waaasssuuup 4,498
Christians: Is this really Christian theology? 2 hr no-one-special 145
More from around the web