Since: Dec 07

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2007

I am trying too try out Christianity and how it goes around and im completely open minded, how ever i can not experience this feeling that people seem too exhibit, I wish too find a way so in my heart i could accept a truth or an understanding, Im sure im not the only one who feels this way but can someone please share your thoughts.
No Fear

Hermosa, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2007

I can only tell you only this....

.......that it is not to be tried as you say

.......and it is not a feeling

..........what YOU find ...depends on where YOU look.

No Fear

Hermosa, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2007

If you are truly looking you will find!
Wreck of the Day

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2007

Genetics4me wrote:
I am trying too try out Christianity and how it goes around and im completely open minded, how ever i can not experience this feeling that people seem too exhibit, I wish too find a way so in my heart i could accept a truth or an understanding, Im sure im not the only one who feels this way but can someone please share your thoughts.
Christianity is more a faith than a religion. It's foundation is true faith and trust in Jesus Christ as your savior. Christians believe that God sent Jesus to shed his blood as atonement for the sins of mankind. God is sovereign and holy and can't have any form of sin in his presence (heaven). All people sin, so that would mean that nobody could ever go to heaven. During old testament times God had the jewish people shed the blood of flawless animals as atonement for their sins, but even when they did that, they still could not go to be with God when they died because they didnt have a savior so that if they trusted in his sacrifice, they would be seen as sinless and holy through him in the eyes of God. God sent Jesus as that final sacrifice.

I know it's alot to take in and understand. There are lots of books you can read to help you understand better what I'm sure I didnt do a good job of explaining. I recommend The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel. He also wrote a book called The Case for Faith. There's many more. The new testament is a good place to start reading in the bible. You could try a translation that's easy to understand, like the New Living Translation. Good luck!
Writing in Paradise

Aiea, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2007

Wreck of the Day wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity is more a faith than a religion.
No, it's just one religion of many, essentially no different than islam or hindusim.
Knight

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2007

just read the bible for 15 min every day. I think you will see.
Rusty Shackleford

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2007

Genetics4me wrote:
You are probably someone who is very honest with himself. You probably face the truth and reality as it is and don't choose to believe something. Instead you simply believe what you believe. The reason why you are having trouble making any sense of it is because you a rational person. Most Christians will tell you that it is something you have to accept with your heart. In other words logic has no room in the realm of faith.
Writing in Paradise

Aiea, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2007

Knight wrote:
just read the bible for 15 min every day. I think you will see.
I read the whole thing. You should try it.
mechanic45

Wartburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2007

Genetics4me wrote:
I know where you are coming from. For some time after I converted people were trying to explain faith has being something as blind and passive, or going "bump in the dark", and it actually took a real life debate between two preachers in an open forum to teach me that faith is not what others demonstrate to you, but what you demonstrate to others. Hope that helps!

“BasicGenetics”

Since: Dec 07

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2007

thank you all so much, i had read a good chunk of the old testament and the new testament but i guess it is a thing that might just "click" one day.
mechanic45

Wartburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2007

Genetics4me wrote:
thank you all so much, i had read a good chunk of the old testament and the new testament but i guess it is a thing that might just "click" one day.
Well, that's one way i came to understand it. But keep searching. Waiting on the "click" to come to you might prove disastrous.

God Bless!
Writing in Paradise

Aiea, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2007

Genetics4me wrote:
Go look at 10 or 15 different religions. Something's bound to jump out at you.

“Life Force One”

Since: Jul 07

The Spiritual Universe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2007

Genetics4me wrote:
Everyone should find their own spiritual path. You would do best to study several different religions or spiritual teachings. And find one that gives you the most understanding. Personally I find the Christian and Catholic religions the worst of the lot.
Knight

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2007

why are they the worst, break it down seen.
Veronica

Amsterdam, Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2007

Genetics4me wrote:
You said you are trying out Christianity.
You have been given many advises, you have been told to read up on other Religions before making a choice and its very good advise. You may now be completely lost. But here is my two cents worth.
Religion is a science just like any other science, it must be questioned, analyse and deducted. Many scientist are impressed with Einstein and/ or Newton but they don’t go around worshiping them, same goes here, don’t worship dead guys, but learn from them.
Religion has everything to do with the mind, I am not saying you have to know exactly how the mind works but some knowledge of the mind is needed. Look at it this way, if you want to learn math, you will read about it, but to learn it, you need to solve some equations on your own, hence you need a “do book”.
This book the “Science of Mind, written by Ernest Holmes, a Christian by the way” is a very good book it has to do with all aspects of Religious Science and can be read online: http://www.websyte.com/unity/title.htm
My humble advise is to treat religion as a science, and not as blind faith, you have eyes and ears use them.
Saved By Grace

Olympia, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2007

Trying out Christianity...is trying a religion. No matter what the seemingly brillant say, faith and religion are NOT the same thing.

Search for God and see where He leads you. He is everywhere, so if you are looking and asking, He will answer and find you!
Wreck of the Day

Mount Joy, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2007

Writing in Paradise wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's just one religion of many, essentially no different than islam or hindusim.
You apparently dont know much about any of the three if you think there is no difference.
Wreck of the Day

Mount Joy, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2007

Writing in Paradise wrote:
<quoted text>
Go look at 10 or 15 different religions. Something's bound to jump out at you.
Let the kid learn about christianity if he wants to. If it is, as you claim, just one of many religions out there, why is it any less valid than any of the others? Sounds like you got something against it.
Writing in Paradise

Aiea, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2007

Wreck of the Day wrote:
<quoted text>
Let the kid learn about christianity if he wants to. If it is, as you claim, just one of many religions out there, why is it any less valid than any of the others? Sounds like you got something against it.
I'm the one suggesting he look at lots of religions, including christianity. You're the one telling him he must be a christian whether he wants to or not.

I think the issues are yours.
Writing in Paradise

Aiea, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2007

Wreck of the Day wrote:
<quoted text>
You apparently dont know much about any of the three if you think there is no difference.
From a pig's point of view, he has nothing in common with a hog.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

19 Users are viewing the Christian Forum right now

Search the Christian Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible God Jesus vs. Pagan Osiris vs. Persian Mi... (Dec '08) 20 min jesus is 373
I am him 1 hr jesus 46
There Is No Benefit For Believing In God 2 hr ChristineM 879
The Lords Prayer 2 hr Cliff09 7
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 3 hr -Lea- 12,251
God is just 3 hr Questioning 121
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Dec '12) 3 hr NorCal Native 87,768
A Message from Nettie 4 hr par five 1,341
Is the Bible always literally true or correct? 5 hr messianic1114 1,524
Why would God allow MH17 to be shot down??? 5 hr blacklagoon 216
...Christianity's explanation of race 7 hr howstupidareyou 112
•••
•••