Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>
But would it mean they were actual prophecies? That such notions can be bent to fit whatever modern events people wish - doesn't make them actual prophecies, do they?
Many cultures, and their Religious men made predictions that can be massaged to fit modern events. Which IMO doesn't make them true prophecies - because so much is being massaged and so much more is being ignored. That Mankind has been obsessed with Doomsdays doesnt mean they're exactly as predicted...as every generation claims to be the one predicted.

Can you explain to me why after thousands of years and as many failed claims to be THE Generation predicted - that so many people, Xtians in this case, continue to cling to them...?
What does it truly have to with, or serve ones faith..?
Punisher, the Holy Bible tells us that no one knows the day or hour of Christ's return (Mark 13:32, Matthew 24:36, Acts 1:7). Date setters are going against the Word of God, which is why they are ALWAYS going to be wrong.

But as Christians, we will always be looking for Christ's return. That's when we receive our new glorified bodies and cast off this old corruptible flesh (1 Corinthians 15:42-53).

Philippians 3:21- Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto His glorious body, according to the working whereby He is able even to subdue all things unto Himself.

Titus 2:13- Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
----------

As far as end times prophecy goes, Israel had to be a nation once again (Ezekiel 37) and this didn't happen until 1948 (Isaiah 66:8) and they had to regain Jerusalem (1967). We know from scriptures that Jerusalem will be divided (probably as part of Anti-Christ peace deal with Israel i.e.- Daniel 11:21, Daniel 9:27) and that God will punish those nations involved (Joel 3:3).

Punisher, I could go on and on about fulfilled bible prophecies and what WILL happen in the near future. The Word is God is the TRUTH! The prophetic dominoes and major end time players are lining up (Isa 17, Psalms 83, Ezekiel 38-39). Interesting times indeed.

Now is the time of salvation!!

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>
But would it mean they were actual prophecies? That such notions can be bent to fit whatever modern events people wish - doesn't make them actual prophecies, do they?
Many cultures, and their Religious men made predictions that can be massaged to fit modern events. Which IMO doesn't make them true prophecies - because so much is being massaged and so much more is being ignored. That Mankind has been obsessed with Doomsdays doesnt mean they're exactly as predicted...as every generation claims to be the one predicted.
Can you explain to me why after thousands of years and as many failed claims to be THE Generation predicted - that so many people, Xtians in this case, continue to cling to them...?
What does it truly have to with, or serve ones faith..?
What you don't realize is that the Bible is the only religious book that contains Prophecy. What you don't realize is prophecies have come to fruition including 100 in the last century... and no, I believe the world is too complicated to have it be massaged to fit modern events...

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
Noe of us know that. The way the world is shaping up, I wouldn't be surprised if it does...
Seven headed beasts, Nick?
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
How much does NK want to keep Rodman over there?
However much they want, I'll be glad to pitch in.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
What you don't realize is that the Bible is the only religious book that contains Prophecy. What you don't realize is prophecies have come to fruition including 100 in the last century... and no, I believe the world is too complicated to have it be massaged to fit modern events...
One hundred prophecies fulfilled in the last century? Fantastic.

Surely the list is on line. Please provide a link.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep you blessings to yourself. I have no need of them from a jokester like you. You're nothing but a atheist having fun at the expense of Christians and a few gullible so-called cathiolics.
Did Jesus Christ rise from the dead? Yes or no?
Did the great fish swallow Jonah?
I'm going to Mass now, Wayne, in a paisley tie. I will pray for you.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

"For the life of me, I cant figure our why Kim-Jung-il meeting Dennis Rodman didn't make it into Revelation"
God
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

madscot wrote:
"For the life of me, I cant figure our why Kim-Jung-il meeting Dennis Rodman didn't make it into Revelation"
God
Sounds Earth shaking enough for at least a byline, doesn't it?

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't mean a thing unless they accept the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior. There IS no other way. And there is only ONE Path to God and that is THROUGH AND BY the Lord Jesus Christ.
Your church of Oprah is hellbound.
The Bible sometimes says a person is "saved" when he or she becomes a Christian (Acts 2:46-47, 16:31-34), but more often "saved" refers to being granted eternal life at the final judgment (Mark 13:13, Luke 13:23-24, 18:26-27, James 2:14 ).
Salvation is at the cross

Ingalls, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>The Bible sometimes says a person is "saved" when he or she becomes a Christian (Acts 2:46-47, 16:31-34), but more often "saved" refers to being granted eternal life at the final judgment (Mark 13:13, Luke 13:23-24, 18:26-27, James 2:14 ).
Sometimes? Apparently you never opened the New Testament before.

Just a few for ya:
Eph 2:8
Rom 10:9
Rom 10:13
Luke 7:50
Luke 8:12
John 3:17
John 5:34
John 10:9
Acts 2:21
Acts 2:47
Acts 4:12
Acts 15:11
Acts 16:31
Rom 5:9-10
Rom 8:24
1 Cor 1:18
1 Cor 3:15
2 Cor 2:15
Eph 2:5
2 Tim 1:9
Titus 3:5

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Salvation is at the cross wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes? Apparently you never opened the New Testament before.
Just a few for ya:
Eph 2:8
Rom 10:9
Rom 10:13
Luke 7:50
Luke 8:12
John 3:17
John 5:34
John 10:9
Acts 2:21
Acts 2:47
Acts 4:12
Acts 15:11
Acts 16:31
Rom 5:9-10
Rom 8:24
1 Cor 1:18
1 Cor 3:15
2 Cor 2:15
Eph 2:5
2 Tim 1:9
Titus 3:5
Apparently you do not realize that God can grant salvation to any soul He sees worthy of it.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
And the only ones worthy of it (And not of themselves) are the ones who put their faith into Jesus Christ, the ONLY WAY to salvation and eternal life.
You want to call Jesus the Christ a liar? That's your choice.
The Bible and religious prejudice

Christianity should have a positive attitude to people of other religions. St. Paul said:

“There is no Greek or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised……but Christ is all, and is in all.”

Colossians 2:11

“There is no difference between Jews and Gentiles… you are all one in union with Christ Jesus.”

Galatians 3:28

Christians believe all people are made in the image of God and are loved by God. Jesus taught all people are welcome in the Kingdom of God, especially those excluded by society.

Jesus has a positive attitude towards people of other religions:

A hated Samaritan was the hero of the Parable of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10).
He accepted all people and taught that everyone was deserving of love.
He praised a Roman officer (Luke 19:1-9) saying he had not found faith like his even from Jews!
http://www.rsrevision.com/GCSE/shortcourse/eq...

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
Scripture doesn't faze Nettie. She has her poop,, er pope to go by. Oh wait, she doesn't even have a pope now. Whatever will she do?
No, Wayne, I have my Church.
Who will have another Pope soon.

BTW:
You are not a representative of Christianity, Wayne.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't mean a thing unless they accept the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior. There IS no other way. And there is only ONE Path to God and that is THROUGH AND BY the Lord Jesus Christ.
Your church of Oprah is hellbound.
Sorry, Wayne, you've got it bassackwards as usual. It is you Protestants in general and fundies in particular who have separated yourselves from the Church and chosen to follow television celibrities and notorieties.

God bless you. I'll pray for you at Mass this morning in a different paisley tie. We're asked to pray for all the schismatics and we do but I pray especially for you.

You know what else we prayed for last enening? The wisdom, we call it sabiduría, to respond to critics of the Church. That's what I've been doing all along but if you were to have seen the breathtaking faith of last night's assembled congregation you'd give it up right now.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>No, Wayne, I have my Church.
Who will have another Pope soon.
BTW:
You are not a representative of Christianity, Wayne.
Wayne may be a Christian. It's just that hillbilly humor isn't funny to anyone but other hillbillies and even at that not very.
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know about that, The End may be near.
I just saw an article about Flamboyant former NBA star Dennis Rodman sitting with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un in Pyongyang watching an exhibition basketball game today.
To put this in perspective, Rodman is the first American to meet North Korea's Beloved Leader.
If this isn't a sign of The Apocalypse, I don't know what is!
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2013/02...
How weird must it be for a man as tall as Rodman, to be in a place where the population is so much shorter...it must be very comical...wonder if there's any video..?

In other times Rodman might have been declared a Korean deity.

I also wonder how many N. Korean females the govt is providing him...?
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a Fundamentalist and proud of it.
Snakes piss on the ground, as low as you can get.
So snakes piss on the heads of moles, voles and prairie dogs, etc...which would be lower than the ground...
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as you rely on every lie that all atheusts tell. You have nothing new to say and nothing of importance to depart. Bug off.
Check that "depart" usage. Divulge perhaps? Or rather, impart?

You see Wayne this is where Hate-filled Fundys like you miss not only the boat, but fall off the dock first. I never needed any Atheist to help me conclude that atheism is my true "calling". Anything and everything that helped me along that path was purely, unequivocally Xtian, theist, etc...

I never actually read anything by any atheist till many, many years after my de-conversion. Theists and all their ramblings and specious claims and goofy beliefs in magic - that all remain 100% unproved - was all I EVER needed.

Turned out that I'm not a good sheep. I'm a doer, not a follower.
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
No REAL Christian cares about what some man thinks about the Word of God. God has preserved His Word just as promised (Psalm 12:6-7).
John 17:17- Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
----------
I hate to be the one that breaks the news to you but each of the books of the Bible was written by “some man”; not only that but each of the books chosen to be in the Bible was chosen by “some men”; not only that but whichever Bible you read it was translated by “some man”.
Romans Road wrote:
The only thing fulfilled from Matthew 24 is the destruction of the temple, which happened in 70AD (Matt 24:1-2).
The rest of the chapter of Matt 24 is dealing with the signs of the end, the tribulation period, and the second coming and it completely parallels that of Revelation 6-18. The last 3.5 years of the 7 year trib starts in Matt 24:15....
"This generation" is obviously referring to the generation that sees all these end time events.
Since it has been 2,000 years since the destruction of the temple do you think it will be 2,000 years between all of the events of the tribulation? Which generation do you think he was talking about that spans thousands of years?
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Punisher, the Holy Bible tells us that no one knows the day or hour of Christ's return (Mark 13:32, Matthew 24:36, Acts 1:7). Date setters are going against the Word of God, which is why they are ALWAYS going to be wrong.

But as Christians, we will always be looking for Christ's return. That's when we receive our new glorified bodies and cast off this old corruptible flesh (1 Corinthians 15:42-53).

Philippians 3:21- Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto His glorious body, according to the working whereby He is able even to subdue all things unto Himself.

Titus 2:13- Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
----------
As far as end times prophecy goes, Israel had to be a nation once again (Ezekiel 37) and this didn't happen until 1948 (Isaiah 66:8) and they had to regain Jerusalem (1967). We know from scriptures that Jerusalem will be divided (probably as part of Anti-Christ peace deal with Israel i.e.- Daniel 11:21, Daniel 9:27) and that God will punish those nations involved (Joel 3:3).

Punisher, I could go on and on about fulfilled bible prophecies and what WILL happen in the near future. The Word is God is the TRUTH! The prophetic dominoes and major end time players are lining up (Isa 17, Psalms 83, Ezekiel 38-39). Interesting times indeed.
Now is the time of salvation!!
And many wait for the proverbial cow to jump over the moon, while the slutty spoon and dish to run off together.(I was gonna say blue moon, but we have one of those coming up in August.)

No, you can not go on and on about fulfilled Bible prophecies...

But lets play a game shall we? Lets say the events of 1948 fulfilled a prophecy (which IMO it didnt)- in order for this plan to play out, your God turned pretty much all of Humanity against the Jews (pretty much everyone hated the Jews, and many still do)...so that the last-straw atrocity (Holocaust) would force "us" to reconsider and at least give them back some lands.

He also made sure the Arabs, the Muslim Arabs specifically, still cling to that old hatred...and they have one admitted goal - drive the Jews into the sea.(A goal which they have shown little true cajones to actually do, outside of killing random innocents at bus stops and in restaurants, etc)

Now he needed some other characters to really push the issue, some real Jew-haters, and who did he come up with? Xtians! Without a doubt the Xtians were the instigators of most, if not all of the hatred and resulting violence/atrocities committed against the Jews right up and thru the Holocaust in Europe and the surrounding regions.

So now the Jews have their land back, forced by the ultimate acts of hatred by the Xtians.

So Xtians were but pawns, and are not this Gods real or new chosen peoples, but just a bunch of murdering Jew-haters for centuries, who helped give the Jews back their lands. And kind of repented a little...but not in total.

Xtianity it could be said was nothing but another of this Gods little plot twists needed to get his real chosen people back on track.

The Jews are still numero uno with this God. And Xtians are but walk on characters he needed to keep his plan on track. You know like any of the other bit players in the OT...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 101 - 120 of261
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

33 Users are viewing the Christian Forum right now

Search the Christian Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Dec '12) 6 min paganbirdkeeper666 78,363
The King James Bible Still Remains 10 min buck 68
Does God exist? (Aug '11) 15 min Gary Coaldigger 5,971
Mormons are cool 20 min buck 44
Cookie's Place 35 min buck 1,813
Speaking in tongues 48 min buck 86
Who or what is the Son of Man 1 hr Big Al 516
Does Prayer Make A Difference? 3 hr Cookie_Parker 49
•••