The Tribulation Period

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#22 Feb 27, 2013
Native from Pa wrote:
Romans Road
Do you believe the mark is here now? I heard something about the obama health care wanting to force everyone to take a micro chip in their hand. Do you know anything about this?
<quoted text>
That O-care rumor was debunked as far as I know, it was a national registry of a huge of range of medical devices. But there is no doubt, the REAL mark is coming!

The technology is definitely here for the mark of the beast though. The upcoming world leader, Anti-Christ, will cause everyone to get it in order to function in society. Those who get it will be forever damned (Revelation 14:9-11).

I don't believe Christians will even be here during the tribulation period (Rev 3:10, 1 Thessalonians 4:15-18, 1 Cor 15:51-55, 1 John 3:2, 1 Thessalonians 5:9, Rev 4:1), but nonetheless I won't get any mark in/on my right hand or forehead no matter what. I'd assume most other Christians are the same.
----------

In 2 Thessalonians 2:7-8 we read "only He who now letteth will let, until He be taken out of the way. And then shall that Wicked be revealed"....

So the Holy Spirit which dwells inside of true Christians is currently holding back the Anti-Christ until we are taken out of the way (caught up, raptured).

Plus in Rev 3:10 we read: "Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth."

This is written to the church of Philadelphia, a good faithful Christian church. The Greek word for *FROM* in the above verse means:
ek:
1) out of, from, by, away from

Plus the Word states that "God hath not appointed us to wrath" in 1 Thess 5:9. So I really believe the "come up hither" shout of Rev 4:1 is the shout/trumpet call of 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 and is the pre-trib rapture before the book of Revelation unfolds.

**I want to state that whether a REAL Christian believes in pre, mid, post, or no rapture; that this has nothing to do with salvation. Some Christians believe we'll be preserved through the 7 year trib. I just don't see this lining up with scripture.
Cisco Kid

Jamestown, CA

#23 Feb 27, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
None of that stuff in Revelation is ever going to happen but it is the wellspring of the obsession.
How can you discount one book of The Bible and claim another gospel truth?

You can't pull two cards from a deck and claim one valid and the other not.

There is variance in veracity.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#24 Feb 27, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
None of that stuff in Revelation is ever going to happen but it is the wellspring of the obsession.
As you know, I grew up in Catholic schools, and there was never any emphasis on "Revelations".
In fact, I don't remember it ever being brought up. We were focused on academic excellence and learning how to live our lives as moral people who contribute to the betterment of society. It's like night and day/positive and negative.

#25 Feb 27, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
the Catholic Teaching.
Christ has died, Christ has Risen, Christ will come again. The Church teaches that at the end of time:
Jesus will return to judge the living and the dead.
Purgatory will cease to exist.
Those still in Purgatory will be released, along with the just that are alive, and they shall live with God forever.
At this time, everyone who is dead, will have a bodily resurrection and those who are alive, will have their bodies transformed for eternity.
Again, the just will live with God, the unjust will live eternally without God.
This will be a one stage event. It will all happen on the last day.
I find St. Malachy's last pope prophesy about PETRUS ROMANUS aka Peter the Roman very interesting:

PETER THE ROMAN - In the final persecution of the Holy Roman Church there will reign Petrus Romanus, who will feed his flock amid many tribulations; after which the seven-hilled city will be destroyed and the dreadful Judge will judge the people. The End.
----------

Not that I really care what non-biblical sources say, but his predictions have been right on the mark. Even if it's a forgery from 1590 as some state, that doesn't change it's accuracy in predicting future popes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prophecy_of_the_...

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#26 Feb 27, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Pure science fiction.
Fantasy, Nettiebelle, fantasy. There is no science in the Bible unless you consider astrology science.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#27 Feb 27, 2013
One more thing. The Bible says the Earth is flat.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#28 Feb 27, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you discount one book of The Bible and claim another gospel truth?
You can't pull two cards from a deck and claim one valid and the other not.
There is variance in veracity.
Why do you say that? The Bible is not one book. It is many.

"merely the ravings of a maniac"
-- Thomas Jefferson

"a curious record of the visions of a drug addict"
-- George Bernard Shaw

"Revelation, the insanest of all books"
-- Robert Green Ingersoll

"a series of visions meant to reassure the Christians of Asia"
-- Pope Benedict XVI

"Christ is neither taught nor known in it."
-- Martin Luther

"John Calvin had grave doubts about it's value"
-- John Drane,'Revelation of St John'

#29 Feb 27, 2013
tickedoffchic wrote:
<quoted text>
As you know, I grew up in Catholic schools, and there was never any emphasis on "Revelations".
In fact, I don't remember it ever being brought up. We were focused on academic excellence and learning how to live our lives as moral people who contribute to the betterment of society. It's like night and day/positive and negative.
Maybe because it's not called "Revelations". You really ought to read it, your future is predicted in Rev 20:12-15 and Rev 14:11. Unless of course you get saved first.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#30 Feb 27, 2013
tickedoffchic wrote:
<quoted text>
Same here; Blue Nuns and Jesuits. We kind of got robbed of evolution on account of the Biology teacher was actually the junior varsity basketball coach and didn't know anything about Biology. On the up side, we knew in the sixth grade we were vertebrates and mammals. Maybe Wayne did not make it to the sixth grade.

“Jesus is Lord”

Since: Aug 11

Greenwood, Indiana

#31 Feb 27, 2013
Apollo Saint--Lux wrote:
How long will the tribulation period last? And during the tribulation period, what kind of things will occur?
All hell will be let loss on the earth against anyone who is left here on earth. All true Christians will be Rapture out of the earth and into Heaven. So these smart mouth's on these thread who think they are Gods gift to mankind better get right or get left!! "FACT"!!

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#32 Feb 27, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe because it's not called "Revelations". You really ought to read it, your future is predicted in Rev 20:12-15 and Rev 14:11. Unless of course you get saved first.
Stuff it, Romans. You haven't made a lick of sense since you entered the forum.

God bless you.

“Jesus is Lord”

Greenwood, Indiana

#33 Feb 27, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Romans Road tells the truth you would be very wise to listen to RR or pay for it later!!

#34 Feb 27, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
Still trolling for *giggles*?

I hope those reading these threads see what rejecting Jesus does to a person. They resort to acting like 4 year olds and trolling Christians on a Christian forum for laughs and giggles. And giving out negative judge-its to well thought out and researched posts. Even though I disagree with socci, I appreciate his input and ideas.
----------
Isaiah 40:22- It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

circle in that verse means chuwg, which can also mean sphere as there was no Hebrew word specifically for sphere. I'm quite sure that God knows His own earth since He created everything.

“Jesus is Lord”

Greenwood, Indiana

#35 Feb 27, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
You need to stop telling lies like this, were is your proof, Show it to everyone.

“Jesus is Lord”

Greenwood, Indiana

#36 Feb 27, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Stuff it, Romans. You haven't made a lick of sense since you entered the forum.
God bless you.
Should a Christian act like this 15th? Is this how the RCC teach you in Church?

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#37 Feb 27, 2013
This is nonsense. Jesus promised us persecution. The Church grows the most and shines the brightest during times of persecution. Beyond that,
it is simply unbiblical.
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
<quoted text> All hell will be let loss on the earth against anyone who is left here on earth. All true Christians will be Rapture out of the earth and into Heaven. So these smart mouth's on these thread who think they are Gods gift to mankind better get right or get left!! "FACT"!!

Location hidden

#38 Feb 27, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, so it's called "RevelatioN". Big deaal. It almost didn't make it into the Bible. Do you know that the island of Patmos, where John was exiled, is famous for "magic mushrooms"? Do you know that all ancient tribes/peoples used hallucinogenic substances to "talk to God" and make prophecies? Well, they did. Get educated.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#39 Feb 27, 2013
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
<quoted text> You need to stop telling lies like this, were is your proof, Show it to everyone.
In Hebrew, "heaven and earth" together constitute the universe. The earth has foundations and pillars (I Sam. ii. 8; Ps. lxxv. 4, civ. 5; Job ix. 6, xxxviii. 6); it rests on the ocean, out of which it rises (Ps. xxiv. 2, cxxxvi. 6); it is suspended in space (Job xxvi. 7); the idea of its free suspension in the air is especially worked out in the mystical "Book of Creation" (Sefer Ye&#7827;irah). Like most peoples of antiquity, the Hebrews conceived of the earth as a disk (Prov. viii. 27; Job xxvi. 10; Isa. xl. 22); and they spoke, therefore, of peoples like the Assyrians, Egyptians, Persians, and Medes as living at the ends of the earth.
-- Jewishencylopedia.com

1 Samuel 2:8
.... for the pillars of the earth are the LORD's, and he hath set the world upon them.

Psalms 104:5
Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever.

Job 9:6
Which shaketh the earth out of her place, and the pillars thereof tremble.

Proverbs 8:27
When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:

Job 26:10
He hath compassed the waters with bounds, until the day and night come to an end.

Isaiah 40:22
It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:
Cisco Kid

Jamestown, CA

#40 Feb 27, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you say that? The Bible is not one book. It is many.
"merely the ravings of a maniac"
-- Thomas Jefferson
"a curious record of the visions of a drug addict"
-- George Bernard Shaw
"Revelation, the insanest of all books"
-- Robert Green Ingersoll
"a series of visions meant to reassure the Christians of Asia"
-- Pope Benedict XVI
"Christ is neither taught nor known in it."
-- Martin Luther
"John Calvin had grave doubts about it's value"
-- John Drane,'Revelation of St John'
In prophecy there is a 'type' and an 'ante-type' or 'proto-type.
One needs to distinguish.
Take a grain of salt, pick up the Bible and try reading the white instead of the black.
Once you got it, you never go back.

Location hidden

#41 Feb 27, 2013
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
<quoted text>Should a Christian act like this 15th? Is this how the RCC teach you in Church?
15th hasn't said anything wrong. He hasn't cursed people to Hell like you do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are Your Beliefs TRUE? 1 hr PrufSammy 279
Why did Christ come to Earth? (Oct '16) 4 hr PrufSammy 1,203
breath of god, and how we come to light. 8 hr Taranis 108
The False Teachings of the Hebrew Israelites, s... (Jan '14) 8 hr Taranis 1,944
Israel is anti christ, literally 14 hr 2all 259
Early Christianity (Dec '16) 15 hr Big Al 2,621
There is a National Rejection of God in America!! 15 hr Jake999 4
More from around the web