The Tribulation Period
Punisher

Bronxville, NY

#258 Mar 9, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Winning souls for Christ is the TOP priority for all REAL Christians. Sure we also help those those in need, yet we don't go around bragging about our good deeds. Jesus was crystal clear against doing that in Matthew 6:1-8.
A soul kept from eternal Hell is more important than anything else in the world!
You won't be able to earn your salvation through good works, salvation is a complete free gift from God by being born again through Christ Jesus.(Eph 2:8-9, Titus 3:5, John 3:3, Galatians 4:1-7, John 3:15-18, Romans 10:9-13)
Oh come on now. You know damn well that you believe that if you win someone over to your (dark)side you get a star next to your name.

Come on, stop being so disingenuous.

What makes matters worse is that you think if you "win one", you know for a fact that its a permanent win.

Part of the whole weak belief system of American Xtians like you that believe salvation is a one-off, and permanent thing to be had, and not continually earned.

What about the Doctrine of Election? It pretty much says YOU, no one can win anything for anyone...the winners are already picked.

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#259 Mar 9, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Not according the parable of the sheep and goats.
All that is about is being a righteous man.
What you have done for others, you have done for Jesus and will receive your just reward.
No mention of being a Christian in those scriptures at all.
Those are WORKS.
If you can't even understand that easy parable than you are really clueless. Even little children in church correctly understand that parable.
Punisher

Bronxville, NY

#260 Mar 9, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Winning souls for Christ is the TOP priority for all REAL Christians. Sure we also help those those in need, yet we don't go around bragging about our good deeds. Jesus was crystal clear against doing that in Matthew 6:1-8.
A soul kept from eternal Hell is more important than anything else in the world!
You won't be able to earn your salvation through good works, salvation is a complete free gift from God by being born again through Christ Jesus.(Eph 2:8-9, Titus 3:5, John 3:3, Galatians 4:1-7, John 3:15-18, Romans 10:9-13)
Yet you brag about winning souls...which is a "works", and one you pursue. So you are engaged in a works-focused system of faith.

sucks to be you.

#261 Mar 9, 2013
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>Oh come on now. You know damn well that you believe that if you win someone over to your (dark)side you get a star next to your name.
Come on, stop being so disingenuous.
What makes matters worse is that you think if you "win one", you know for a fact that its a permanent win.
Part of the whole weak belief system of American Xtians like you that believe salvation is a one-off, and permanent thing to be had, and not continually earned.
What about the Doctrine of Election? It pretty much says YOU, no one can win anything for anyone...the winners are already picked.
I hold the view that salvation is available to all that come to Christ Jesus with a truly repentant heart and get born again into the family of God.(John 3:3, John 3:15-18, Romans 10:9-13)

We are commanded by Jesus to preach the gospel to every creature.(Mark 16:15, Matt 28:18-20)

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque, NM

#262 Mar 9, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can't even understand that easy parable than you are really clueless. Even little children in church correctly understand that parable.
You are twice crazier than Native. Christ describes in unambiguous terms exactly how he will separate the righteous from the unrighteous and you deny it.

God bless you.

#263 Mar 9, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
You are twice crazier than Native. Christ describes in unambiguous terms exactly how he will separate the righteous from the unrighteous and you deny it.
God bless you.
sheep = saved
goats = unsaved

How hard is this to understand?

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque, NM

#264 Mar 9, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
You've made it abundantly clear you hate Christians so what's plan 'B'?

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque, NM

#265 Mar 9, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
sheep = saved
goats = unsaved
You are the one that doesn't understand.

Sheep = right hand = righteous = blessed

The King will say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

Goats = left hand = unrighteous = cursed

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

"Love your neighbor", that's what gets you to heaven, not slapping a bumper fish and reciting a bunch of silly incantations.
Punisher

Bronxville, NY

#266 Mar 9, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
sheep = saved
goats = unsaved
Now whats wrong with goats? They serve a lot of the needs of many a people/cultures. Now they are doomed too!? Goats are fine! Its you that isn't.

Is there no creature you Xtians wont turn into an object of derision?

Goats, snakes, wolves, etc...all perfectly good and important animals. Yet Xtians find it necessary to vilify them in order to make their stupid, childish, accusatory points. Leave 'em alone, they don't care about your silly myths, so dont involve them in your nasty games.
Punisher

Bronxville, NY

#267 Mar 9, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
I hold the view that salvation is available to all that come to Christ Jesus with a truly repentant heart and get born again into the family of God.(John 3:3, John 3:15-18, Romans 10:9-13)
We are commanded by Jesus to preach the gospel to every creature.(Mark 16:15, Matt 28:18-20)
And when rebuffed move on. He said that too.

So you deny the validity of and doctrinal nature of the Doctrine of Election? Yes, no? I just want to clear something up is all, yes or no to the D of E..?
Punisher

Bronxville, NY

#268 Mar 9, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one that doesn't understand.
Sheep = right hand = righteous = blessed
The King will say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
Goats = left hand = unrighteous = cursed
Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

"Love your neighbor", that's what gets you to heaven, not slapping a bumper fish and reciting a bunch of silly incantations.
No secret handshake either?
Punisher

Bronxville, NY

#269 Mar 9, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
So why is it YOU don't get it?

What exactly do YOU get from it?

#270 Mar 9, 2013
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>And when rebuffed move on. He said that too.
So you deny the validity of and doctrinal nature of the Doctrine of Election? Yes, no? I just want to clear something up is all, yes or no to the D of E..?
But this is the CHRISTIAN area of Topix. That would be like going to church and getting mad that the preacher is talking about Jesus. YOU people are coming to the Christian forum, if YOU don't like Christianity then don't come here.
He is Coming Soon

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#271 Mar 9, 2013
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>So why is it YOU don't get it?
We take the Bible in its entirety. That's the difference between us and Nettie, Dolly, etc. We compare Scripture against Scripture, so we can rightly interpret it. We don't blow up one single passage into an entire doctrine.

#272 Mar 9, 2013
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>So why is it YOU don't get it?
I understand it completely. I'm just trying to simplify it for you unbelievers.

The passage Matthew 25:30-46 is actually referring to the nations that are on earth when Christ makes His bodily return to establish the 1000 year millennial rule on earth. This of course happens after the 7 year tribulation period.

But to keep it simple.
sheep = saved
goats = unsaved
Cisco Kid

Sonora, CA

#273 Mar 9, 2013
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>
No secret handshake either?
There just might be a secret handshake...... Maybe....maybe not.
But you know.....if we told you we'd have to baptize you.
Cisco Kid

Sonora, CA

#274 Mar 9, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>

You are sounding awful confused and contradictory with your so called 'teaching'.

In one post you claim;
"You won't be able to earn your salvation through good works, salvation is a complete free gift from God by being born again through Christ Jesus"

Then in your post above you claim we are commanded to works, like preaching.

Why are you so mixed up?
One who claims to be saved and doesn't grow in the faith is like a worthless tree that doesn't produce fruit.

"So Jesus told them this parable:

“There once was a person who had a fig tree planted in his orchard,
and when he came in search of fruit on it but found none,
he said to the gardener,
‘For three years now I have come in search of fruit on this fig tree
but have found none.
So cut it down.
Why should it exhaust the soil?’”
Luke 13

You claim to be on 'Roman's Road', so get to Rome already, learn from The Vatican and get on message.

Selah

#275 Mar 9, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
You are sounding awful confused and contradictory with your so called 'teaching'.
In one post you claim;
"You won't be able to earn your salvation through good works, salvation is a complete free gift from God by being born again through Christ Jesus"
Then in your post above you claim we are commanded to works, like preaching.
Why are you so mixed up?
One who claims to be saved and doesn't grow in the faith is like a worthless tree that doesn't produce fruit.
"So Jesus told them this parable:
“There once was a person who had a fig tree planted in his orchard,
and when he came in search of fruit on it but found none,
he said to the gardener,
‘For three years now I have come in search of fruit on this fig tree
but have found none.
So cut it down.
Why should it exhaust the soil?’”
Luke 13
You claim to be on 'Roman's Road', so get to Rome already, learn from The Vatican and get on message.
Selah
As Christians we follow the commands of Jesus, yet our salvation isn't by works.......we are saved by grace through FAITH in Christ Jesus. It is a free gift that none of us can earn.(Eph 2:8-9, Titus 3:5, John 3:15-18, Rom 10:9-13)

Romans 4:5- But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

----------

A REAL Christian will bear fruit. Some more than others but ALL REAL Christians bear some form of good fruit.

The fake Christians are the ones playing church for social status or because "it's the right thing to do" or they grew up in the church, etc etc. Yet works alone will NOT save a person. Except a person be born again, they cannot enter the Kingdom of God.

Going to church doesn't make one a Christian, just like going to a garage doesn't make you a car.

GOOD WORKS WILL NOT SAVE A PERSON!

Ephesians 2:8-9
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Titus 3:5- Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
----------

#276 Mar 9, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>

Selah
The term Roman's Road is a simple, easy to understand, biblically sound salvation plan from the epistle to the Romans. Some verses are interchangeable but the message always remains the same.

1) We are are sinners (Romans 3:23, Romans 3:10)
2) Sin has consequences, i.e.-Death and Hell (Romans 6:23)
3) God provided a way for us through Christ Jesus (Romans 5:8)
4) Salvation is through FAITH in Jesus Christ alone (Romans 10:9)

And then the final result:
Romans 5:1- Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

John from Texas

“It's all in your head”

Since: Dec 12

United States

#277 Mar 9, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
As Christians we follow the commands of Jesus,
But you are not following the commands of Jesus!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Don't Blame God! 10 hr dollarsbill 7
The Baptist Church (Jan '08) 10 hr dollarsbill 45
Hellmouth: Capitalism Deities Mon Abishai100 1
What Does God Hate? Mon True or False 1
The Color of People's Skin Mon True or False 1
MESSAGE FROM GOD to THE REPUBLICANS of USA (Nov '14) Mon True or False 13
was King David black? (Jan '14) Mon True or False 38
More from around the web