Punisher

Massapequa, NY

#238 Mar 9, 2013
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
That probably was Paulís favorite passage. As a fanatical Jew that had previously persecuted and killed Christians Iím sure he would have had to explain to other Christians why Jesus would have chosen to appear to him. He, very cleverly, could defend his claim using that passage.
As well as be used to push-back Xtians who are in a constant state of near-frenzied seeking...

Ease up on the seeking and you might actually receive. Much in line with the older Buddhist, Eastern notions of being in the moment, to stop pushing ahead into "time" and worrying about the next day, week, etc...and spend time in the moments you can actually live. Cause if change is going to come to anyone, its done in the present, not the future. Change is done now, not later...which reflects on the current state of the entire USA, socially, politically, economically, etc...

IMO, one of the greatest weaknesses of Xtianity, and more so now than ever, is their pursuit of a future they can not set in stone, a place they wish to be, rather than where they are...and most especially their pursuit of death and destruction as some sort of Beautiful thing...some sort of real end-game.
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

#239 Mar 9, 2013
OKAY wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you would.
Another great maxim of life. Step outside of yourself, the things you do in life, pursue in life and get a fresh perspective. When you do you will likely see your mistakes, and be better able to get back in and do better.

Be it relationships, work, interests, passions, hobbies, change of lifestyles, etc...step out of it for some time of reflection to get a better, clearer picture.

But American Xtians seem incapable of such acts of "defiance". They have hinged their faith on a structurally unsound foundation of absolutism. "I absolutely believe in X, and absolutely will not budge from that position...no matter how much its unsound, or in fact harms me and others dear to me."

You want to shut me/others down because we don't agree with you and wish to express our POV's and more importantly our LIVES from a differing perspective. Thats what "we" mean when we say Xtians are so narrow-minded, close-minded, etc. Because I cant believe like you do you/others think there's nothing to learn from me/others.

Whereas I allow myself the freedom to learn from those who do not agree with me, partially agree, disagree, etc, etc...or at least I will listen to them.

Where it appears that many American Xtians simply shut off others, in some fear that to even to listen might cause them harm.
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

#240 Mar 9, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Yes.
I should have read further before posting.
You have answered so very well, and I agree.
thanks.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#241 Mar 9, 2013
OKAY wrote:
<quoted text>
The Holy Spirit first appears when Jesus is baptized then reappers when all the disiples and Mary are in a room.
Nothing to do with the OT
The Holy Spirit cannot appear. The Holy Spirit is a spirit. The dove in the baptism narrative represents the presence of the Holy Spirit. I am not aware of the appearance of anything in the upper room that may be construed as an appearance. Please cite the passage.

By the way, it has everyhing to do with the Old Testament.

Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?
-- Jesus Christ
OKAY

United States

#242 Mar 9, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>You know what, OKAY.
I have learned a lot from Punisher.
I have learned absolutely nothing from you.
What does that tell you about your posts?
Obviously too complex for you.
OKAY

United States

#243 Mar 9, 2013
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>As well as be used to push-back Xtians who are in a constant state of near-frenzied seeking...
Ease up on the seeking and you might actually receive. Much in line with the older Buddhist, Eastern notions of being in the moment, to stop pushing ahead into "time" and worrying about the next day, week, etc...and spend time in the moments you can actually live. Cause if change is going to come to anyone, its done in the present, not the future. Change is done now, not later...which reflects on the current state of the entire USA, socially, politically, economically, etc...
IMO, one of the greatest weaknesses of Xtianity, and more so now than ever, is their pursuit of a future they can not set in stone, a place they wish to be, rather than where they are...and most especially their pursuit of death and destruction as some sort of Beautiful thing...some sort of real end-game.
When you think about it, the 'end-game' is what it's all about.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#244 Mar 9, 2013
He is Coming Soon wrote:
<quoted text>Then you are a disobedient servant. You are to carry out the Great Commission. Stop with the excuses and tap dancing around the truth.
That's the evengelical interpretation of the Great Commission. It is simply an interpretation, not a mandate.

The mandate given you is love God above all else and love your neighbor as yourself which is really just one commandment. "Whatever you have done for the least of my brothers you have done for Me." Has that passage slipped your memory?

God bless you.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#245 Mar 9, 2013
OKAY wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously too complex for you.
Your brain is not wired for complexity. It is wired for tomfoolery.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#246 Mar 9, 2013
OKAY wrote:
<quoted text>
That's it. The whole idea is to breath your last with a smile on your face and a song in your heart.
When all is said and done, the last laugh's on you.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#247 Mar 9, 2013
It's not about the end game, it's about the journey - TOC
OKAY

United States

#248 Mar 9, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
The Holy Spirit cannot appear. The Holy Spirit is a spirit. The dove in the baptism narrative represents the presence of the Holy Spirit. I am not aware of the appearance of anything in the upper room that may be construed as an appearance. Please cite the passage.
By the way, it has everyhing to do with the Old Testament.
Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?
-- Jesus Christ
The Spirit referred to is from John 14:15-31

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#249 Mar 9, 2013
The so-called atheists and fake "Christians" and "Catholics" on this site are the best evangelists here. They fulfill prophecy after prophecy and don't even realize it. They lack even the basic Kindergarten understanding of the Word of God. It's quite revealing and comical at the same time.

Carry on.........
----------
O Lord, thy Word is TRUE!

1 Corinthians 2:13-14
13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

#250 Mar 9, 2013
OKAY wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen! The Holy Spirit lives inside of us REAL Christians.(Eph 1:13-14, Eph 4:30)

#251 Mar 9, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
It's not about the end game, it's about the journey - TOC
Eternity is a long time to be wrong about something. Think about it Nettie.

"Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.".....-2 Corinthians 5:11-

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#252 Mar 9, 2013
OKAY wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no appearance. There can not be, as I told you.

Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not.
-- Jesus Christ

By the way, the referenced passage does not occur in a room, as you indicated, but on the way to the Garden of Gethsemane.

For a bunch of Bible-only fundies, you guys sure don't know much about the Bible. Imagine how hysterical you would be trying to debate evolution.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#253 Mar 9, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen! The Holy Spirit lives inside of us REAL Christians.(Eph 1:13-14, Eph 4:30)
Who are you calling us, Kimosabe? Among the list of gifts of the Holy Spirit I don't see arrogant pontificating blowhard but that's all you are.

God bless you.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#254 Mar 9, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Eternity is a long time to be wrong about something. Think about it Nettie.
"Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.".....-2 Corinthians 5:11-
I'm not Nettie. I'm TOC posting on Nettie's account, as I'm visiting Nettie.

Let me explain my comment. I believe that we are to improve ourselves and help others, as much as possible, in this life, instead of having our main focus on the afterlife. If one lives a good, honest, genuinely caring life, there is no need to worry about judgement. I think people, who spend time worrying about the afterlife, miss out on the present, which is all we have, at any given moment.

#255 Mar 9, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not Nettie. I'm TOC posting on Nettie's account, as I'm visiting Nettie.
Let me explain my comment. I believe that we are to improve ourselves and help others, as much as possible, in this life, instead of having our main focus on the afterlife. If one lives a good, honest, genuinely caring life, there is no need to worry about judgement. I think people, who spend time worrying about the afterlife, miss out on the present, which is all we have, at any given moment.
Winning souls for Christ is the TOP priority for all REAL Christians. Sure we also help those those in need, yet we don't go around bragging about our good deeds. Jesus was crystal clear against doing that in Matthew 6:1-8.

A soul kept from eternal Hell is more important than anything else in the world!

You won't be able to earn your salvation through good works, salvation is a complete free gift from God by being born again through Christ Jesus.(Eph 2:8-9, Titus 3:5, John 3:3, Galatians 4:1-7, John 3:15-18, Romans 10:9-13)
Punisher

Massapequa Park, NY

#256 Mar 9, 2013
OKAY wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not from my perspective its not.

When you think about it - why would a Being, an intelligent one give us a Life to live - if all that mattered was an after-life? Why have regular bars if the after-parties are all that matter? Just go straight to the after parties.

There is no proof whatsoever that Life is meant to serve any one person's or groups concept of an after-life, or place them in a better or worse position in that after-life than anyone else.

When you think about it all the notions of an after-life are adolescent in nature and invention. Which is fitting when you think how "immature" the people who wrote them truly were. They were living so close to death all the time, its no wonder they invented a fancy, and prettier after-life place for the departed, and invented all sorts aracane ways to get there.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#257 Mar 9, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Winning souls for Christ is the TOP priority for all REAL Christians. Sure we also help those those in need, yet we don't go around bragging about our good deeds. Jesus was crystal clear against doing that in Matthew 6:1-8.
A soul kept from eternal Hell is more important than anything else in the world!
You won't be able to earn your salvation through good works, salvation is a complete free gift from God by being born again through Christ Jesus.(Eph 2:8-9, Titus 3:5, John 3:3, Galatians 4:1-7, John 3:15-18, Romans 10:9-13)
Not according the parable of the sheep and goats.
All that is about is being a righteous man.
What you have done for others, you have done for Jesus and will receive your just reward.
No mention of being a Christian in those scriptures at all.
Those are WORKS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Heathen's Home Page (Jun '13) 1 min dollarsbill 4,535
For Atheist, Agnostics, Whoever... 2 min Passing thru 504
Is Paul a false Apostle? (Sep '13) 3 min dollarsbill 2,362
Christians encouraged to 'sow seeds of a new po... 4 min Just the Truth 52
Creeps for Jesus 7 min Just the Truth 23
Was Paul a False Apostle? (May '08) 10 min dollarsbill 2,971
God's Love Vs God's Wrath 11 min dollarsbill 179
Before The Big Bang 1 hr Hardcore 1,244
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 2 hr The blackbird 19,710
If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 hr skanky woman 1,019