“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#218 Mar 7, 2013
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does Peter say that either his or Paul's writings were inspired by the Holy Ghost?
Paul describes the process of inspiration by the Holy Spirit in one of his Epistles:

1 Corinthians 2:9-13: "But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit:...Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual." :) SL
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

#219 Mar 8, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul describes the process of inspiration by the Holy Spirit in one of his Epistles:
1 Corinthians 2:9-13: "But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit:...Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual." :) SL
Paul is referring to the Old Testament. He does not claim his writing was inspired by the Holy Spirit.

“Since ancient times no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides you, who acts on behalf of those who wait for him.”- Isaiah 64:4

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#220 Mar 8, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>I do not understand what kind of point you are attempting to make here.
Jesus never shoved Himself or His teachings onto anyone.
IMO neither should we.
Then you are a disobedient servant. You are to carry out the Great Commission. Stop with the excuses and tap dancing around the truth.

Location hidden

#221 Mar 8, 2013
__- Really-__ wrote:
<quoted text>When did the new world order take over Rome? We are no where near tribulation time.
www.scribd.com/doc/22629976...

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#222 Mar 8, 2013
He is Coming Soon wrote:
<quoted text>Then you are a disobedient servant. You are to carry out the Great Commission. Stop with the excuses and tap dancing around the truth.
The Great Commission is not about shoving. It is about sharing.
OKAY

United States

#223 Mar 8, 2013
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul is referring to the Old Testament. He does not claim his writing was inspired by the Holy Spirit.
“Since ancient times no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides you, who acts on behalf of those who wait for him.”- Isaiah 64:4
The Holy Spirit first appears when Jesus is baptized then reappers when all the disiples and Mary are in a room.

Nothing to do with the OT
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

#224 Mar 8, 2013
OKAY wrote:
<quoted text>
The Holy Spirit first appears when Jesus is baptized then reappers when all the disiples and Mary are in a room.
Nothing to do with the OT
How do you account for Paul’s quotation from the Old Testament?

Location hidden

#225 Mar 8, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>The Great Commission is not about shoving. It is about sharing.
Sharing the word of God, which you never do.
OKAY

United States

#226 Mar 8, 2013
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you account for Paul’s quotation from the Old Testament?
Please post.
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

#227 Mar 8, 2013
OKAY wrote:
<quoted text>
Please post.
“Since ancient times no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides you, who acts on behalf of those who wait for him. I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me”- Isaiah 64, 65

I think it’s pretty clear that’s what Paul was referring to when he wrote…

"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit…”
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

#228 Mar 8, 2013
He is Coming Soon wrote:
<quoted text>"Shove faith/religion?" If you are truly a Christian redeemed from your sins, you would be promoting the Gospel at every opportunity. You lack any zeal and excitement of a truly born again believer in Christ. Why not be honest with yourself and convert to Buddhism? You can be sure, when Jesus Christ comes to rule the earth, faith and religion will be woven into EVERYTHING! So, either get used to it now or suffer the consequences.
Having the zeal (like a salesman might) means nothing to your so called God. Sell it as hard as you like, we all know you dont truly LIVE-IT. Like a Chevy dealer who drives a BMW. Zeal schmeal...you American Xtians are F'n clueless.
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

#229 Mar 8, 2013
He is Coming Soon wrote:
<quoted text>Then you are a disobedient servant. You are to carry out the Great Commission. Stop with the excuses and tap dancing around the truth.
Jesus was rather clear. He told his band-mates to tell/teach his POV, and if refused, to move on. Move on. A very clear idea that Xtianity has been ignoring since it was legalized.

No where did Jesus say force beliefs on others, to badger people, to stalk people, and he most definitely did not say to use the power of the State to force alignment to any particular sect. Which of course Xtian-dom did for several long centuries.

American Xtians are clueless to what their Messiah actually said, and too many carry on the Proty tradition of relying on local charismatic basement-trained preachers and various other charlatans telling them what to believe and what to do.

If its a Cult its usually of Proty origins, and populated by Protys.
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

#230 Mar 8, 2013
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
“Since ancient times no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides you, who acts on behalf of those who wait for him.

I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me”- Isaiah 64, 65
That last line is one I have forgotten about...a very intriguing one to say the least...
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

#231 Mar 8, 2013
He is Coming Soon wrote:
<quoted text>Sharing the word of God, which you never do.
One of the truest of Life's little maxims, that is nearly universally applicable is - don't talk, but show. Don't talk about being a True (lol) Xtian, but show it. Don't talk about being righteous, actually be righteous.
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

#232 Mar 8, 2013
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>That last line is one I have forgotten about...a very intriguing one to say the least...
That probably was Paul’s favorite passage. As a fanatical Jew that had previously persecuted and killed Christians I’m sure he would have had to explain to other Christians why Jesus would have chosen to appear to him. He, very cleverly, could defend his claim using that passage.
wiggis

Pittsburgh, PA

#233 Mar 8, 2013
http://youtube.com/watch... …………… Wheres the Beef

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#234 Mar 9, 2013
He is Coming Soon wrote:
<quoted text>Sharing the word of God, which you never do.
Oh yes, I do!

Catholics believe in both Sacred Tradition and Sacred Scripture.
One does not have to do quotes from the Bible in order to share the Word of God.
All the teachings by Jesus were oral(Sacred Tradition).

Did you know that a smile, a hug, are both ways of sharing the Word of God?

Being a Christian is about ACTION/WORK.
SHOWING your faith in action.

Try it. You'll like it.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#235 Mar 9, 2013
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the truest of Life's little maxims, that is nearly universally applicable is - don't talk, but show. Don't talk about being a True (lol) Xtian, but show it. Don't talk about being righteous, actually be righteous.
Yes.
I should have read further before posting.
You have answered so very well, and I agree.
OKAY

United States

#236 Mar 9, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Yes.
I should have read further before posting.
You have answered so very well, and I agree.
Of course you would.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#237 Mar 9, 2013
OKAY wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you would.
You know what, OKAY.
I have learned a lot from Punisher.
I have learned absolutely nothing from you.

What does that tell you about your posts?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Would Jesus have attended a Gay Wedding? 55 min janeebee 754
Is Paul a false Apostle? (Sep '13) 1 hr Old GT 2,901
Mother Mary? 2 hr Old GT 37
Question for Preachers of the Law 2 hr truthandcommonsense 85
25 THINGS THE BIBLE FORBIDS BUT WE STILL DO - i... 3 hr Old GT 89
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 3 hr 15th Dalai Lama 84,135
Nearly all Christians are Frauds 3 hr 15th Dalai Lama 222
The ISS space station is fake 4 hr Why 127
Is the Earth flat? Is it a globe? 4 hr Why 67
More from around the web