Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

How long will the tribulation period last? And during the tribulation period, what kind of things will occur?
Stripper

Moscow, Russia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

7 years of stripping and sex!

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Stripper wrote:
7 years of stripping and sex!
Lol, sounds like it's going to be an awesome time period...

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

A quick answer to your question is 7 years (Daniel 9:27). The last half, 3.5 years (Revelation 7:14; 13:5), will be a horrific period of time for earth's inhabitants. The bible refers to this period as the Great Tribulation (Matt 24:21). The wrath of God will be poured out on the earth, chapters 6-18 in the book of Revelation detail what will happen during the 7 year tribulation period.
----------
Revelation 6-18
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
----------

Now the time of salvation! Don't put it off any longer!
http://www.swordofthelord.com/salvation.php
socci

Mount Vernon, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
A quick answer to your question is 7 years (Daniel 9:27).

The last half, 3.5 years (Revelation 7:14; 13:5), will be a horrific period of time for earth's inhabitants.

The bible refers to this period as the Great Tribulation (Matt 24:21). The wrath of God will be poured out on the earth, chapters 6-18 in the book of Revelation detail what will happen during the 7 year tribulation period.

BUUZZZZZZ - wrong answer!

You are jumbling up verses that are not related.

First mistake is Dn 9:27 - this is the "70 weeks" that as you may know was 490 years (i.e., 7 x 70 = 490). This was fulfilled 2000 years ago.

Rev 13:5 "42 months" is the 1260 days found numerous times beginning in Daniel 7:25 then found in Rev 11 -- 1260 days = 1260 years dark age of the holy roman empire.

Mt 24 & Rev 7 "Great Tribulation" - this began after 70 AD when Rome destroyed Jerusalem and continues until the end.

--== Structure of Revelation ==--

1st seal
2nd seal
3rd seal
4th seal
5th seal
6th seal
7th seal-opens the seven trumpets
1st trumpet
2nd trumpet
3rd trumpet
4th trumpet
5th trumpet
6th trumpet
7th trumpet-opens the seven vials
1st vial
2nd vial
3rd vial
4th vial
5th vial
6th vial
7th vial

Soon after Revelation was given the Seals began to open as judgment upon pagan Rome until the fall of Rome 476 AD.

The trumpets blew as judgment upon 2/3 of Rome's Eastern Orthodox. The 5th & 6th trumpets were the rise of Islam (locusts). The three "woes" are God's judgment upon papal Rome east & west.

The 7th trumpet blew in Rev 11 following the 42 months-1260 days. Prophetic time is always day-year principle or 1260 years, Rome's dark ages. The 7th trumpet opened the seven vials of God's wrath or judgment upon papal Rome west beginning at the French Revolution, 1789.

The vials:

1,2,3 vials - the French Revolution.

4th vial - the Revolutions of 1848 across Europe.

5th vial - Papal States-HRE was dissolved, 1870.

6th vial - Russian Revolution, 1917.

7th vial - ww 1 & 2.

This Youtube channel shows much of this:

www.youtube.com/playlist...

Today we are almost 2000 years from the cross, 2031.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

socci,
I hold to a LITERAL view of the Word of God. The Word of God says what it means and means what it says. There is no need to call locusts "the rise of Islam" or turn "days into years" or try to twist every past world event into scripture fulfillment. We are still in the church age of Rev 2-3. The final 7 year tribulation period is still in the future.

I'll try to keep my post short and to the point.
----------

Bible prophecy is history written in advance. It will be fulfilled as God dictates in His proper timing.
==========

Daniel 9:24-27 is where we find Daniel's 70 weeks prophecy.

Daniel 9:24 states "Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy."

A week there is referring to a 7 year period so 70 weeks equal 490 years. We know that "thy people" in Daniel 9:24 are referring to Israel since Daniel was a Hebrew. "Holy city" is referring to Jerusalem.

We can break those 490 years from Daniel 9:24-27 into 3 parts:
1) 7 weeks (49 years) from the decree to rebuild the holy city (Jerusalem) Dan 9:25 -FULFILLED

2) 62 weeks (434 years) was time of Messiah (Jesus) being cut off (killed) after the rebuilding of the holy city. Dan 9:26 -FULFILLED

= 69 weeks or 483 years fulfilled

PROPHETIC CLOCK STOPPED WHEN JEWS REJECTED MESSIAH
**We are currently in the church age (Rev. 2-3) which is a parenthetical period. Salvation is of grace through faith in Christ Jesus (Eph 2:8-9, Romans 10:9-13, John 5:24)......age of grace.**

3) The final week (7 year period) of which I'll be discussing in this post.-Daniel 9:27

----------

We know that during Daniel's time both the Hebrews and the Babylonians used a 360 day lunar calendar. The Word of God also backs this up: time, times, half time = 3.5 years = 1260 days = 42 months......1260/30=42 (Daniel 7:25, Daniel 12:7, Revelation 11:2, Revelation 11:3, Revelation 12:6, Revelation 12:14, Revelation 13:5).

So that's why out the 4 commands issued,
(1) Ezra 1:1-14, 1st year of Cyrus, dated to 537 B.C.
(2) Ezra 6:1-12, 2nd year of Darius dated to 520 B.C.
(3) Ezra 7:1-27, 7th year of Artaxerxes dated to 457 B.C.
(4) Nehemiah 2:1-8, 20th year of Artaxerxes dated to 444 B.C.

I believe the one issued in Nehemiah 2:1-8 is the correct one when dealing with Daniel's prophecy. It not only fulfills the LITERAL decree, but also once we crunch the numbers.....Jesus was cut off (crucified) right on schedule as prophesied. I'll just use quick math here.

483 years * 360 days in a year = 173880 days
173880 / 365 = 476

So we have 476 of our years equal 483 of the Hebrew lunar years.

-444 BC + 476 years from decree to rebuild holy city to Messiah being cut off + 1 year (there is no 0 year from BC to AD)= 33 AD

Yet another amazing bible prophecy written hundreds and hundreds of years before it's fulfillment. Jesus is Lord!

----------

I'm almost out of characters, and I'm not even into the 7 year tribulation period yet. I'll try to squeeze it in.

----------
----------

The book of Revelation is broken into 3 parts.

Revelation 1:19- Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;

1) things thou hast seen, PAST......Chapter 1
2) things which are, PRESENT........Chapters 2 and 3
3) things which shall be hereafter, FUTURE.....Chapters 4 to 22

Of course the seven churches in chapters 2 and 3 were literal churches during Apostle John's day but they are also church periods throughout church history. One would have to be blind to not see the Laodicean church age all around us.

Obviously Revelation chapters 4-22 didn't happen yet.........6-18 deal with the tribulation.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Apollo Saint--Lux wrote:
How long will the tribulation period last? And during the tribulation period, what kind of things will occur?
Why are you people sooooo obsessed with "End Times" Prophecy?
Native from Pa

Leola, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road
Amen!!!
socci

Osceola, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
socci,
I hold to a LITERAL view of the Word of God. The Word of God says what it means and means what it says. There is no need to call locusts "the rise of Islam" or turn "days into years" or try to twist every past world event into scripture fulfillment.

The day-year principle is always used with prophecy. Just as the 'beast' is not a literal beast neither is the 42 months literally 42 months. The 42 months are symbolic, same as the 70 weeks of Daniel.

Day-year principle

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day-year_princip...

Islam being 'locusts' is foundational (identifies a true point in history) and well understood old testament symbolism as cited in videos and websites.

RR, you have a very good understanding of Scofield notes on dispensationalism but there's no truth in that false theology.

For older bible commentary before the year 1900 try reading from Matthew Henry or J.A. Wylie. One of Wylie's better works is: The Seventh Vial, linked on my blog..

www.geocities.ws/pitbeast/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

continued......

"For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be." -Matt 24:21

The scriptures are crystal clear that there will be a 7 year tribulation period......a time of Jacob's trouble (Jeremiah 30:7). We know that Jacob is Israel(Genesis 35:10). This is the final 70th week of Daniel 9:24-27.

The Anti-Christ will come as a great peace maker (Daniel 11:21;24) and make a firm covenant with Israel for 7 years (starting Daniel's 70th week, Daniel 9:27). Halfway through this 7 year period he will break the deal, he will sit in the rebuilt temple and claim to be God (Matt 24:15, 2 Thessalonians 2:4).........this is when the Great Tribulation period (last 3.5 years of 7 year trib) will start (Matt 24:21, Daniel 12:1, Joel 2:2). This will be a horrific time as it ushers in the full power of Satan's unholy trinity [Satan / Anti-Christ / False prophet (Rev 16:13-14, Rev 13) and the Wrath of God gets poured out on earth's inhabitants.

The Anti-Christ will issue a mark on/in the right hand or forehead and cause all to receive it in order to buy/sell.(Revelation 13:15-18) Those who take the mark will be forever damned.(Revelation 14:9-11)

REJECT THIS MARK NO MATTER WHAT!

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

tickedoffchic wrote:
<quoted text>
People have been predicting the end of the World since the beginning of the World. There's always a batch of knuckleheads who think they're going to be the ones to get it right.

Take a look at socci's geocities link; don't read too much of it or you'll rot your brain; but it gives you an idea what they're stupid enough to believe.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
The day-year principle is always used with prophecy. Just as the 'beast' is not a literal beast neither is the 42 months literally 42 months. The 42 months are symbolic, same as the 70 weeks of Daniel.
Day-year principle
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day-year_princip...
Islam being 'locusts' is foundational (identifies a true point in history) and well understood old testament symbolism as cited in videos and websites.
RR, you have a very good understanding of Scofield notes on dispensationalism but there's no truth in that false theology.
For older bible commentary before the year 1900 try reading from Matthew Henry or J.A. Wylie. One of Wylie's better works is: The Seventh Vial, linked on my blog..
www.geocities.ws/pitbeast/
I don't even own a Scofield bible or any book about him or his views.

The beasts in the book of Daniel are clearly identified. Anti-Christ comes from the final beast, the revived Roman empire.

Four Beasts
1) Babylonian empire.....Lion (Daniel 7:4)
2) Medo-Persian empire...Bear (Daniel 7:5)
3) Grecian empire.....Leopard (Daniel 7:6)
4) Roman empire.....dreadful and terrible (Daniel 7:7-8, Dan 7:23-27, Rev. 13, 17:8-17)

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

tickedoffchic wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't sound 'obsessed' to me...
Native from Pa

Leola, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road
Do you believe the mark is here now? I heard something about the obama health care wanting to force everyone to take a micro chip in their hand. Do you know anything about this?
Romans Road wrote:
continued......
"For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be." -Matt 24:21
The scriptures are crystal clear that there will be a 7 year tribulation period......a time of Jacob's trouble (Jeremiah 30:7). We know that Jacob is Israel(Genesis 35:10). This is the final 70th week of Daniel 9:24-27.
The Anti-Christ will come as a great peace maker (Daniel 11:21;24) and make a firm covenant with Israel for 7 years (starting Daniel's 70th week, Daniel 9:27). Halfway through this 7 year period he will break the deal, he will sit in the rebuilt temple and claim to be God (Matt 24:15, 2 Thessalonians 2:4).........this is when the Great Tribulation period (last 3.5 years of 7 year trib) will start (Matt 24:21, Daniel 12:1, Joel 2:2). This will be a horrific time as it ushers in the full power of Satan's unholy trinity [Satan / Anti-Christ / False prophet (Rev 16:13-14, Rev 13) and the Wrath of God gets poured out on earth's inhabitants.
The Anti-Christ will issue a mark on/in the right hand or forehead and cause all to receive it in order to buy/sell.(Revelation 13:15-18) Those who take the mark will be forever damned.(Revelation 14:9-11)
REJECT THIS MARK NO MATTER WHAT!

“It's all in your head”

Since: Dec 12

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Native from Pa wrote:
Romans Road
Do you believe the mark is here now? I heard something about the obama health care wanting to force everyone to take a micro chip in their hand. Do you know anything about this?
<quoted text>
Over a couple of hundred million dead bodies!

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
A quick answer to your question is 7 years (Daniel 9:27). The last half, 3.5 years (Revelation 7:14; 13:5), will be a horrific period of time for earth's inhabitants. The bible refers to this period as the Great Tribulation (Matt 24:21). The wrath of God will be poured out on the earth, chapters 6-18 in the book of Revelation detail what will happen during the 7 year tribulation period.
----------
Revelation 6-18
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
----------
Now the time of salvation! Don't put it off any longer!
http://www.swordofthelord.com/salvation.php
Pure science fiction.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

the Catholic Teaching.

Christ has died, Christ has Risen, Christ will come again. The Church teaches that at the end of time:

Jesus will return to judge the living and the dead.
Purgatory will cease to exist.
Those still in Purgatory will be released, along with the just that are alive, and they shall live with God forever.
At this time, everyone who is dead, will have a bodily resurrection and those who are alive, will have their bodies transformed for eternity.

Again, the just will live with God, the unjust will live eternally without God.

This will be a one stage event. It will all happen on the last day.
15th Dalai Lama

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Nettiebelle wrote:
the Catholic Teaching.
Christ has died, Christ has Risen, Christ will come again. The Church teaches that at the end of time:
Jesus will return to judge the living and the dead.
Purgatory will cease to exist.
Those still in Purgatory will be released, along with the just that are alive, and they shall live with God forever.
At this time, everyone who is dead, will have a bodily resurrection and those who are alive, will have their bodies transformed for eternity.
Again, the just will live with God, the unjust will live eternally without God.
This will be a one stage event. It will all happen on the last day.
From the Nicene Creed:
He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead and His kindom shall have no end.
We look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come.
Amen.
15th Dalai Lama

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
None of that stuff in Revelation is ever going to happen but it is the wellspring of the obsession.
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
You know?
Reading prophecy and contemplating the signs, I always wondered about stars falling from the sky.

Now most prophets wrote using imagery familiar to them, so stars falling from the sky in their vision might not necessarily be stars.
Also, most of prophecy is centric to the area surrounding the Levant, or Jerusalem and Palestine in particular.

Now we could talk about all those meteors falling recently, especially the big one that plastered that Siberia town.

But I was thinking something else about what a prophet might have seen in a vision that he wrote as 'stars falling from the sky'.
Ever see a bunch of rockets and land launched missiles descending on war zone?
Like in Israel lately?

'And I saw stars falling from the sky'......

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 14
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Christian Forum right now

Search the Christian Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
A Message from Nettie 41 min par five 851
About Dollarsbill .... 1 hr joe 7 52
Is the Bible always literally true or correct? 2 hr Mr Ironhart 1,335
Religion and the New World Order (Feb '12) 2 hr Anita in Tongzhou 11
I am him 2 hr joe 7 3
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 3 hr Chelsee11 10,473
jebus crise the christian 3 hr stupid is not a disease 3
WHAT GOD SAID to ME TODAY 3 hr stupid is not a disease 236
If Jesus said few would find the "road that lea... 15 hr stupid is not a disease 311
•••
•••