does "christianity" teaches anything ...

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#2580 Apr 16, 2014
SeenDemons wrote:
<quoted text>Okay and we should just ignore the hate filled garbage you have spewed at Christians since you showed up.
Okay and we should just ignore the hate filled garbage you spew day and night.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#2581 Apr 16, 2014
SeenDemons wrote:
<quoted text>Okay and we should just ignore the hate filled garbage you have spewed at Christians since you showed up.
Please be a good godbot and provide links to any (that's ANY) post of mine that could be considered as hate toward christianity.. Please also be good enough to provide any links you can find where I spouted garbage. Please note that anything I say is valid and based on fact. If your faith cannot hold up in the face or discussion of fact then your faith is at fault and is not worth the paper it's written on.

“Yes we can. Change is good.”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#2582 Apr 22, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Please be a good godbot and provide links to any (that's ANY) post of mine that could be considered as hate toward christianity.. Please also be good enough to provide any links you can find where I spouted garbage. Please note that anything I say is valid and based on fact. If your faith cannot hold up in the face or discussion of fact then your faith is at fault and is not worth the paper it's written on.
oh that's right. You are here to spread admiration and love.
Huh

Sussex, WI

#2583 Apr 22, 2014
SeenDemons wrote:
<quoted text>oh that's right. You are here to spread admiration and love.
and not necessarily in that order.

#2584 Apr 23, 2014
SeenDemons wrote:
<quoted text>oh that's right. You are here to spread admiration and love.

so you can't provide any evidence. Why am I not surprised? Could it be that you are just a godbot with a penchant for hatred and lies about anything you don't want to understand?

Since: Apr 14

Houston, TX

#2585 Apr 25, 2014
I must confess that the Bible is the truth but the Christian religion is full of lies!

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#2586 Apr 25, 2014
Awaken504 wrote:
I must confess that the Bible is the truth but the Christian religion is full of lies!
Amen. You hit the nail right on the head, Awaken. You do know that the real Messiah is present on earth and the OT is being fulfilled as we speak? VWD Day is the next thing to happen and it'll probably be next Spring. There will be a solar eclipse on 3/20/15 and another lunar eclipse (blood moon) on 4/4/15. Joel 2:31 "The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the Lord come".

#2587 Apr 26, 2014
Awaken504 wrote:
Do you have evidence that the babble is truth?

I am sure that if you have such evidence you would be only too willing to share it?

Or are you using the word truth in the true christian way of well if it’s what I believe then it must be “Truth”– Not the quotes and capital letter to differentiate it from the factual truth that can be proven.

Gretna, LA

#2588 Apr 26, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have evidence that the babble is truth?
I am sure that if you have such evidence you would be only too willing to share it?
Or are you using the word truth in the true christian way of well if it’s what I believe then it must be “Truth”– Not the quotes and capital letter to differentiate it from the factual truth that can be proven.
I don't have to! It fights it's own battles! As much as people hate it, no one has yet disproved it! It's loaded with history that's not debatable. As well as foretold of countless events thousands of years before they happened! What do you feel can be questioned in the Bible??

#2589 Apr 27, 2014
Awaken504 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't have to! It fights it's own battles! As much as people hate it, no one has yet disproved it! It's loaded with history that's not debatable. As well as foretold of countless events thousands of years before they happened! What do you feel can be questioned in the Bible??
Ahh right so there is no evidence but because people like you make a statement and harp on coincidence then everyone has to bow down to a dream that cannot be verified.

There is far more disproved and down right impossible than can ever be proved. Genesis both impossible and disproved. Adam/eve disproved. Flood impossible and disproved Piller of salt implausible. Etc. Then we come to the story of the late jc. There is more validated evidence that the object of your worship was a terrorist and murderer than a single book that cannot even verify itself could ever provide

Please don't misunderstand, there are some real and evidenced secondary events but the main stores are a sham based on bronze mythology or even downright lies

New Orleans, LA

#2590 Apr 27, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh right so there is no evidence but because people like you make a statement and harp on coincidence then everyone has to bow down to a dream that cannot be verified.
There is far more disproved and down right impossible than can ever be proved. Genesis both impossible and disproved. Adam/eve disproved. Flood impossible and disproved Piller of salt implausible. Etc. Then we come to the story of the late jc. There is more validated evidence that the object of your worship was a terrorist and murderer than a single book that cannot even verify itself could ever provide
Please don't misunderstand, there are some real and evidenced secondary events but the main stores are a sham based on bronze mythology or even downright lies
With all of that being said you still have not offered any PROOF that one line of the Bible is indeed false. I want to engage in dialogue here but we can only discuss FACTS as if we just both want to share our opinions then there is no right or wrong answer. The Bible is first off an historical record of a certain nation. Let's not bother with slamming a history so ancient that it would be nearly impossible to discredit. With that being said, America's history is the newest on the planet yet I don't see threads trashing the bogus claims in it's text books(Christopher Columbus discovered this land, Evolution is even a possibility, The American Civil War was about ending slavery, etc.) Therefore we should trash every text book in America! You have blatant lies within your own history yet you want to focus on what may or may not be correct about some other nation's history? Moving on, the prophetic events foretold in the Bible are proof enough. Written thousands of years before events came to pass yet 100% accurate! Any book that can accurately tell me of the future, I trust it's word on the past.

New Orleans, LA

#2591 Apr 27, 2014
The prophet Isaiah foretold that a conqueror named Cyrus would destroy seemingly impregnable Babylon and subdue Egypt along with most of the rest of the known world. This same man, said Isaiah, would decide to let the Jewish exiles in his territory go free without any payment of ransom (Isaiah 44:28; 45:1; and 45:13). Isaiah made this prophecy 150 years before Cyrus was born, 180 years before Cyrus performed any of these feats (and he did, eventually, perform them all), and 80 years before the Jews were taken into exile.( reasons.org )

Alexander the Great in the Bible long before his time:
http://www.gotquestions.org/Alexander-the-Gre...

TRANSATLANTIC SLAVE TRADE:
Deuteronomy 28:68
Joel 3:3-6

Future world powers foretold:
http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/dani...

I hope you are not afraid to read and learn!

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#2592 Apr 27, 2014
Awaken504 wrote:
<quoted text>With all of that being said you still have not offered any PROOF that one line of the Bible is indeed false. I want to engage in dialogue here but we can only discuss FACTS as if we just both want to share our opinions then there is no right or wrong answer. The Bible is first off an historical record of a certain nation. Let's not bother with slamming a history so ancient that it would be nearly impossible to discredit. With that being said, America's history is the newest on the planet yet I don't see threads trashing the bogus claims in it's text books(Christopher Columbus discovered this land, Evolution is even a possibility, The American Civil War was about ending slavery, etc.) Therefore we should trash every text book in America! You have blatant lies within your own history yet you want to focus on what may or may not be correct about some other nation's history? Moving on, the prophetic events foretold in the Bible are proof enough. Written thousands of years before events came to pass yet 100% accurate! Any book that can accurately tell me of the future, I trust it's word on the past.
Most biblical messianic prophecies have already been fulfilled. The Messiah is alive on earth today and the next major event is VWD Day when the Messiahs' enemies burst into flames. Psalm 37:20, Psalm 97:3. It is the first day of the Lord and stands for Vengeance, Wrath, and Destruction. There will be a solar eclipse on 3/20/15 (the Spring equinox) and another lunar eclipse (blood moon) on J. L. Emanuels birthday, 4/4/15. This portends something significant. Joel 2:31 "The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the Lord come".

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2593 Apr 27, 2014
Awaken504 wrote:
With all of that being said you still have not offered any PROOF that one line of the Bible is indeed false.
If I may chime, please know that in a debate, the burden of proof is initially on the person who takes the affirmative position. As such, you must first prove with empirical evidence that “one line of the Bible is indeed true.
Awaken504 wrote:
I want to engage in dialogue here but we can only discuss FACTS as if we just both want to share our opinions then there is no right or wrong answer. The Bible is first off an historical record of a certain nation.
Okay, please establish this claim based on empirical evidence, if you would be so kind.
Awaken504 wrote:
Let's not bother with slamming a history so ancient that it would be nearly impossible to discredit.
Once again, please first substantiate that the bible is a historical record. For example,“What verifiable evidence that you can offer that Jesus was a historical person,” if you do not mind my asking?
Awaken504 wrote:
With that being said, America's history is the newest on the planet yet.
Really? Or perhaps, you did not know that 34 new countries have been created since 1990 when the USSR and Yugoslavia was dissolved.
Awaken504 wrote:
I don't see threads trashing the bogus claims in it's text books(Christopher Columbus discovered this land, Evolution is even a possibility, The American Civil War was about ending slavery, etc.)
Well, Columbus did not discover America; Evolution is real; and the Civil War was fought to keep the South from seceding from the Union, because of the issue of slavery.
Awaken504 wrote:
Therefore we should trash every text book in America!
I most respectfully disagree. After all, fiction can be very valuable books. After all, we have the bible, right?
Awaken504 wrote:
You have blatant lies within your own history yet you want to focus on what may or may not be correct about some other nation's history?
All nations embellish their history, in my humble opinion.
Awaken504 wrote:
Moving on, the prophetic events foretold in the Bible are proof enough. Written thousands of years before events came to pass yet 100% accurate! Any book that can accurately tell me of the future, I trust it's word on the past.
If you would be so kind, please list a single biblical event that was foretold and fulfilled. However, you are not allow to use any acrobatic interpretation, with all due respect.

#2594 Apr 28, 2014
Awaken504 wrote:
<quoted text>With all of that being said you still have not offered any PROOF that one line of the Bible is indeed false.…
O dear… I asked you for evidence, then you try to reverse the question because you have no answer, such a good christian cop out, how predictable.

However

Fact there is no evidence that genesis happened, there is evidence that the universe is expanding, there is evidence that human life is a fairly modern (geologically speaking) development in the vast pool of evolutional fact.

Fact there is no evidence that Adam and Eve existed as described. There is evidence in DNA (the same stuff you are happy to convict a suspected felon to execution) that genetic Adam and genetic Eve actually existed thousands of years apart.

Fact there is no evidence of any global flood but there is evidence from several independent verified sources that such a flood did not happen, nor could it happen, the entire story is impossible.

Fact there is no evidence that jesus existed as described in the book. There is considerable evidence from at least four (that I know) sources that the person the stories are based on was a terrorist of the Fourth Philosophy group and a leader of the Sicarii assassins who was crucified for his crimes.

Fact…. Fact…. Fact….

The babble is selectively copied/cloned from Hebrew text, If you really want to hook into stories of that time than I suggest you read the Tanakh/Torah etc and forget the much edited many hand version of the babble you hold so dear.

Another typical get out clause? Yes let’s bother with the history that you are claiming is yours but conveniently try and slither out of when the facts are presented. Facts that can be falsified, facts from independent and verifiable sources unlike the babble stories which can’t.

People have not built a religion based on US history, although I really would not put is past some people to try. Try looking up the Viking saga’s to discover the original recorded discoverers of the USA. And where do you think the original inhabitant’s/discoverers came from?– Siberia/Asia with a small percentage of European/Middle Eastern.

Evolution is more than a possibility, it is a definite and multiply provable scenario, there is no argument. The only dissension comes from those who are too stubborn to accept fact.

US history is US history, there are facts and then there is what is taught, it’s the same over here but not quite so blatant. There were several reason for the American civil war, slavery only comes halfway down that list.

I do not focus on any countries history, I am pretty sure we were discussing the babble and religion, not a country, not a nation. I realise it may be difficult for you to understand but christianity is not a nation, it is a faith.

Look up the word faith, you should notice that it does not mean truth. You believe the babble 100%, that is fair enough, but to promote your personal belief as global truth is a downright lie that goes against everything that christianity stands for. And incidentally, what I object to.

What prophetic events? Do you have any actual evidence (no, not coincidence but evidence) that events dreamed of by bronze age mystics have any baring on later events? Honey, when I say it’s going to rain sometime in the future does not make me a prophet, even if someone else writes it into a book hundreds of years later.

There is considerable evidence that the Hebrews were not (as depicted) slaves to Egypt although their may have been some war captives/criminals servitude as was common back then.

When you mention ‘thousands’ of years I see you have no grasp of the actual timeline of biblical events, no I don’t meant what the babble says, I mean the physical, provable, documented and factual timeline.

The babble is not truth, the babble a book that has been edited and changes myriad times over the centuries, it engenders a faith, nothing more, nothing less.

#2595 Apr 28, 2014
Awaken504 wrote:
The prophet Isaiah foretold that a conqueror named Cyrus would destroy seemingly impregnable Babylon and subdue Egypt along with most of the rest of the known world. This same man, said Isaiah, would decide to let the Jewish exiles in his territory go free without any payment of ransom (Isaiah 44:28; 45:1; and 45:13). Isaiah made this prophecy 150 years before Cyrus was born, 180 years before Cyrus performed any of these feats (and he did, eventually, perform them all), and 80 years before the Jews were taken into exile.( reasons.org )
Alexander the Great in the Bible long before his time:
http://www.gotquestions.org/Alexander-the-Gre...
TRANSATLANTIC SLAVE TRADE:
Deuteronomy 28:68
Joel 3:3-6
Future world powers foretold:
http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/dani...
I hope you are not afraid to read and learn!
Lets quote from the very first line of the very first paragraph your godbot link (incidentally to an apologist site of no provenance)

“The name “Alexander” or “Alexander the Great,” referring to the Macedonian king, never appears in the Bible.”

The fact that nations fought nations,(and still do) seems irrelevant to you. Please be aware that at this very moment out of about 190 countries there are around 60 countries with over 500 different militias-guerrillas, separatist groups, drug cartels, anarchic groups etc involved in some sort of war

The fact that there had been previous occurrences of such atrocity throughout history makes claimed prophecy not so much prophecy but a guess based on nothing more than everyday knowledge and a little assumption. Then of course coincidence and a willingness to want to bend the actual facts of the matter into something that looks good to a particular sect (in this case your sect) simply fuels the delusion that people before Nostradamus were clever enough to portray everyday knowledge as iron clad predictions.

Here are a few of mine…It will rain somewhere, sometime next year. And another, in the next 24 hours there will be thousands of crimes committed, not all of them will be solved. And another, sometime in the future there will be a great battle between some people and some other people and many will die. Guesses based on weather patterns and my knowledge of the human condition, or prophecy? Of course I am not a biblical figure so you will simply say that I guess and if it turns our put that down to coincidence. Whereas if someone mentioned in the OT had recorded such statements you would classify it as prophecy. Why the distinction?

So Egypt is across the Atlantic from the rest of the middle east? I never realised. And Greece is also across the Atlantic from Southern Europe and the middle east too…Go figure the delusion you are willing to accept in the name of your personal “Truth”. Again, there is no evidence to confirm that Hebrews were a slave race and considerable evidence that they weren’t.

As for the rest of the apologist BS, totally meaningless irrelevance in the real world. Governments will rule, some will try to expand, some will try to subjugate its national population or/and it’s neighbours, this is not biblical prophecy, this is human nature.

You want more snippets of bible wisdom?

Genesis 6:11-17, 7:11-24 – The story goes that your god commits the first ever recorded genocide.

Exodus 12:29 – your god becomes the first ever mass child murderer

Numbers 31:9 – Your god condones child slavery and rape.

Deuteronomy 20:13-14 Your god condones murder, slavery and theft.

Deuteronomy 21:10-13 Your god confirms his commitment to sex slavery

Judges 21:10-12 Your god re-affirms his commitment to murder and the rape of virgins

There is a considerable difference between learning and accepting what you are told to accept without question. It seems that you most certainly are afraid to learn

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#2596 Apr 28, 2014
Awaken504 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't have to! It fights it's own battles! As much as people hate it, no one has yet disproved it! It's loaded with history that's not debatable. As well as foretold of countless events thousands of years before they happened! What do you feel can be questioned in the Bible??
The babble has been disproven countless times before, starting with Galileo.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#2597 Apr 28, 2014
Awaken504 wrote:
<quoted text>With all of that being said you still have not offered any PROOF that one line of the Bible is indeed false. the past.
Oops!
Scientific errors in the Bible
0 All flying insects that walk on all fours are to be detestable to you.
this an error -- since insects have six legs, not four,
And these are they which ye shall have in abomination among the fowls; they shall not be eaten, they are an abomination: the eagle, and the ossifrage, and the ospray, and the vulture, and the kite after his kind; every raven after his kind; and the owl, and the night hawk, and the cuckow, and the hawk after his kind, and the little owl, and the cormorant, and the great owl, and the swan, and the pelican, and the gier eagle, and the stork, the heron after her kind, and the lapwing, and the bat.
—Leviticus 11:13-19, KJV
Quite simply put, this is just false. Bats are not birds, they're mammals. Some translations of the Bible replace "fowls" or "birds" with "flying animals". Sadly, until they can provide reasonable justification for this switching of words found in supposedly Holy scripture, the argument is poor.
[edit] Mathematical

Gretna, LA

#2598 Apr 28, 2014
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Most biblical messianic prophecies have already been fulfilled. The Messiah is alive on earth today and the next major event is VWD Day when the Messiahs' enemies burst into flames. Psalm 37:20, Psalm 97:3. It is the first day of the Lord and stands for Vengeance, Wrath, and Destruction. There will be a solar eclipse on 3/20/15 (the Spring equinox) and another lunar eclipse (blood moon) on J. L. Emanuels birthday, 4/4/15. This portends something significant. Joel 2:31 "The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the Lord come".
Though I agree that much of prophecy has been fulfilled, I strongly doubt that the Messiah has returned yet.

Gretna, LA

#2599 Apr 28, 2014
Gundee123, sorry I can't do all the fancy quotes from my phone but this will just have to suffice.

Why must I prove the Bible to you empirically? Is that the only way you will choose to believe it? I'm pretty sure you have a myriad of beliefs that you yourself have never taken the time to prove empirically. Your evolution for example is still yet a theory which makes it a belief. Basically your religion. No factual matter there. Now as for empirical evidence for the Bible, isn't the author's accounts empirical enough seeing as most of the Bible was written from eyewitness accounts of events they and others were present for? Forty different writers who mostly came from at least three different continents, wrote in different languages, lived in varying time periods so they all could not have possibly lived to meet each other, ALL wrote of the exact same story and never went against one another? If you don't believe that then I don't stand a chance at convincing you otherwise. Therefore why bother? The Bible is not for everyone, only a remnant of a certain nation. It's ok!
I won't offer any further opinion on the Civil War and slavery yet I will leave you this quote from the slave owning Abraham Lincoln who led the Union whom you claim had the slightest intentions of freeing the slaves.

" If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union;" per Wikipedia as well as every other source known to mankind!
No, I'm afraid that I cannot find one single piece of evidence to verify that Jesus was an historical person. I honestly believe he was a man made pagan god. However, there are many eyewitness accounts(empirical) of Yeshua the Messiah(his real name). Secular accounts from Josephus. Multiple accounts from his followers whom walked with him. Even accounts from the Romans who crucified him! Not to mention the ideologies he left behind. I believe there is more proof to his existence than there is of Charles Darwin!
Lastly, America's history is indeed the newest! It is the same as those people you mentioned of the USSR and Yougoslavia. They all originate from the same people who just recently in history(the last couple thousand years) have become major players. The origins of all those people would be victim to the "dark ages" you know that period of time where it is claimed that nobody knows what went on yet at the same time we know what happened ten million years ago in a neighboring solar system! Just because you draw new maps doesn't make you a new people with a new history. Thankfully we have the good old Bible to tell us exactly who everyone is! That I will show you shortly as my event foretold and fulfilled.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Religion, higher education and critical thinking (Aug '15) 5 min KAB 8,237
Why do you really believe in a god? 20 min Allen Richards 617
Evidence Against God 2 hr Justice Leaguer 3,803
happiness does not exist 3 hr Atheistgirl 11
+++ CURSED BE THESE THIEVES of GOD'S GLORY +++ (Nov '14) 5 hr Atheistgirl 11
+++++++++++ THE SECRET to IMMORTALITY +++++++++++ (Nov '14) 5 hr Atheistgirl 19
Proof that Christianity is a lie 5 hr Atheistgirl 53
More from around the web