As "Roe v. Wade" turns 40, most oppos...

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#107 Jan 19, 2013
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>agree. Many parents simply are not equipped, nor truly know how to be involved and involved properly in their childrens lives.
As a parent I know we struggle all the time with what is too much what is too little. Each child is different in the known needs and unknown ones. One week/month/year the kid is all about communicating then wham! here come the hormones and they're reticent to discuss the weather.
As a Society we have to come to grips with the reality that every set of parents is only trying not to repeat the mistakes they blame their parents of doing, which in many cases they dont even recognize they're doing...and in many cases each parent is acting differently than the other parent, etc...I cant count the number of times I've heard other parents comment on how little they discussed their approaches to child-raising with their partner. Everyone seems to think its all gonna go perfect once they become parents. Engaged/Married couples rarely discuss their financial arrangements - much less their approach to raising kids.
We live in a culture that relies on the myth that Parents know what the F they're doing and each unit is ready and able to not repeat the real mistakes of their past, and has taken steps to deal with their own parent issues, etc...
We also live in a new world now where the children can and are exposed to way more information than we could have imagined at the same age. They can access their contemporaries across the nation and World, they can find support and encouragement (- as well as Bullies!) on-line across a broad spectrum of culture and demographics...and most of us parents are just trying to make sure they're dressed and fed and housed and educated properly...while millions are struggling with those basics...millions of children dont have a safe housing situation. Millions! Millions go to bed very hungry, if they can actually sleep at all...
These are the children at risk, these are the ones whose parents literally dont have the time, or the where with all to "get involved"...so schools and such are forced to step-in...and ofttimes with little or no resources to do it...and many times that means keeping the parents out of the loop...a loop many of them wont or cant get involved in...
Great response and this is why some things are the way they are.

Peace!

Cookie_Parker

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#110 Jan 21, 2013
Born_Again_Christian wrote:
Punisher,
That is not what I am saying. No Christian is perfect, but a true Born Again Christian will not go out and sin willfully. Most people in America will tell you that 80 percent of people in the Usa are Christians. The Bible tells us that many will come in his name and he will spew them out of his mouth. A Christian will walk the walk. There are people who claim to be Christians out having sex outside marriage this is not what a Christian will do. A true Christian will ask God for guidance not to be overcome with the temptation to have sex outside of marriage which can lead to abortion. Some on these threads do not know what a Christian is they just assume.
Why should I answer you with the language you use towards me? No body wants to talk with a hot head!!! You do know you are on the Christian threads using vulgar language towards the Christians? If you want to speak like that then please do not reply to me again. It shows you are someone with little respect for others.
<quoted text>
They sin accidentally? Really? So the difference between a Christian and a born again is that born agains don't know much about their bible so their sins are "accidents"?

Cookie_Parker

Location hidden

#112 Jan 21, 2013
Cookie,
Did I say accident? A true Born again Christian will not willfully sin. If they do it in spite of knowing it is a sin then it is not an accident it is disobedience and God does not take lightly to those who claim to be born again and go out and muddy around in sin. There are not "Christians" and "born again". The Born Again Christians are from John 3 where Jesus stated "Ye Must be born again". Try reading the Bible sometime. Any one can use the name "Christian" and a lot of people do. Does not make you one unless you are living the life of a Christian. A Christian will not have sex outside marriage. They will wait till the right person comes along and marry then have sex.
If someone is claiming to be a Christian and committing a sexual sin then I would question their true Christian experience with the Lord.
Christians do not make excuses for their sins they stop the sin.
<quoted text>
Willfully means by will. So it's not intentionally,but accidentally. I'm sorry. Is English a second language to you?
Rand M Sutor

United States

#113 Jan 21, 2013
Just because someone doesn't understand one or more Scriptures in the Bible, doesn't mean that God is going to let that person stand off to the side while He judges the rest of the world.

Like it or not, we will all be accountable for our lives, like it or not!

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#115 Jan 21, 2013
Rand M Sutor wrote:
Just because someone doesn't understand one or more Scriptures in the Bible, doesn't mean that God is going to let that person stand off to the side while He judges the rest of the world.
Like it or not, we will all be accountable for our lives, like it or not!
Justin Martyr

"We have been taught that Christ is the first-begotten of God, and we have declared him to be the Logos of which all mankind partakes [John 1:9]. Those, therefore, who lived according to reason [Greek, logos] were really Christians, even though they were thought to be atheists, such as, among the Greeks, Socrates, Heraclitus, and others like them.... Those who lived before Christ but did not live according to reason [logos] were wicked men, and enemies of Christ, and murderers of those who did live according to reason [logos], whereas those who lived then or who live now according to reason [logos] are Christians. Such as these can be confident and unafraid" (First Apology 46 [A.D. 151]).

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#116 Jan 21, 2013
Cookie Parker,
What part of it is disobedience do you not understand? There is no accident when someone sins if they already know it is sin. If a Christian sins then yes it is intentionally because they would already know that sin is wrong if they have read the Bible. God will not excuse willful sin. He will forgive that person if they come out of that sin like fornication (sex before marriage). If they decide to read the Bible and see sex is wrong outside marriage and then decide to stop that sin then they will be forgiven, but if they continue to do this over and over then God will turn them over to their sin. There are no accidents with sin. You sin because you decide to disobey God. Willful means you intentionally do it. Sounds like you are the one with the second language!
<quoted text>
Sorry to burst your bubble here, but no one is perfect and that includes all "born again Christians".
Which is why we are to strive to keep our faith. Takes WORK! Every day of our lives.

Cookie_Parker

Location hidden

#118 Jan 21, 2013
Cookie Parker,
What part of it is disobedience do you not understand? There is no accident when someone sins if they already know it is sin. If a Christian sins then yes it is intentionally because they would already know that sin is wrong if they have read the Bible. God will not excuse willful sin. He will forgive that person if they come out of that sin like fornication (sex before marriage). If they decide to read the Bible and see sex is wrong outside marriage and then decide to stop that sin then they will be forgiven, but if they continue to do this over and over then God will turn them over to their sin. There are no accidents with sin. You sin because you decide to disobey God. Willful means you intentionally do it. Sounds like you are the one with the second language!
<quoted text>
Well then you lied when you said people can "unintentionally" sin. What part of lying dont you understand?

And shouldn't a person keep track of their own lives and their own sins? Christ was really quite specific about that and not judging and all. Or are you a born again evangelical Levetican?

#126 Jan 21, 2013
Norcal Native,
Amazing how you can continue to accuse me of being someone I am not. I am not Ayita. I do not even know a person named Ayita. Find something better to do with your time than make accusations against people on a thread. You do not like being accused of being Native yet it is okay for you to continue to make me someone I am not.
Stop making false accusations I am Born Again Christian.
<quoted text>
Are you INCAPABLE of comprehending WHAT was posted? I DIDN'T SAY YOU WERE THAT PERSON......I said you REMIND me of that person......THERE IS A DIFFERENCE, figure it out!!!

STOP ACTING LIKE YOU HAVE A GUILTY CONSCIOUS ABOUT SOMETHING.......you REMIND me of a poster who USE to go by CHRISTIANFEMALE, you also REMIND me of a friend whose named is Ayita.......THE KEY WORD IS REMIND......not you are!!!

Sometimes people need to use a dictionary to understand the difference between an accusation and reminds me of!!!

“Just Call It Marriage Now”

All rights For All!

#127 Jan 21, 2013
Are we not ALL "bearing false witness"? Are we not telling others that our name is something it is not. That is, by definition, bearing false witness.

Bright Blessings,
Mrs Whitewater

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#128 Jan 21, 2013
Cookie Parker,
I did not lie. I never said sin is unintentionally. I have said all along it is intentional so learn to read before you say someone is lying. All sin is willful and intentional go back and read my post. You said it was an "accident" and used the word "unintentional" and I told you that you were wrong.
God said we can judge someone by their fruit. So again please go and read the Bible. If someone is "claiming" to be a Christian and out committing sexual sin by not being married and they are not repentant they are doomed as if they are lost without Christ. I am a Born again Christian.
<quoted text>
Mortal sin is a deadly offense against God, so horrible that it destroys the life of grace in the soul. Three simultaneous conditions must be fulfilled for a mortal sin:

Serious Matter (things listed below)

Knowledge or firm belief that the act is seriously wrong prior to committing the act;

Full consent of the will.

All three of these conditions must be present simultaneously for a sin to be mortal. This means that if you did not know the act was seriously wrong, then you are not guilty of having committed a mortal sin.

It is not necessary to confess venial sins, but it is a good and pious practice.

- Wiki Answers

#131 Jan 21, 2013
Norcal Native,
Stop making accusations then. I am tired of your accusations. I am Born Again Christian what part of that do you not get? You continue to come in here with names associating them to me and I am not those people. I am not acting like I have a guilty conscious. I am telling you to stop with your accusations. So far I have reminded you of at least 3 posters according to you and I am none of them. You have accused me of being Native, Ayita, and now this Christian Female person. I am not any of these people. I told you who I am and if you cannot accept that then you have the problem.
I seen earlier in a post someone called you Native not Norcal Native but Native so are you that Native everyone has been accusing me of being? You do not like when people accuse you of being Native, but you continue to make statements I remind you of this person or that person and I am none of those people. There are to many people going around on these threads accusing people of being other people and that needs to stop. I am Born Again Christian. You said to drop it and yet you continue this little game of who you think I remind you of.
<quoted text>
Try reading what I posted and not what you think I posted you blooming idiot!!!

I said REMINDED me of......not YOU ARE this person.......and until you figure out the difference between what I posted and what you are claiming......I'll continue to remind you them!!!

Cookie_Parker

Location hidden

#132 Jan 21, 2013
Cookie Parker,
I do believe I have been very clear that we are not to go out and sin on purpose knowing the sin is wrong. If you want to play your little mind game here fine. I will not play your game. There is no sin that is an accident. If you are a Christian and are involved in sex outside of marriage it is wrong. If you continue to be involved in this sin then you will be judged by God and turned over to your sin nature. If you repent from it and stop having sex till you are married God will forgive you. Now what part of this do you not get? Sin is a will full disobedience toward God. You are basically telling God you will do what you want no matter what he says.
If you don't sin on purpose, then you sin "accidentally". Why would a Christian, who knows Christ's teachings, sin "accidentally"?

#133 Jan 21, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Try reading what I posted and not what you think I posted you blooming idiot!!!
I said REMINDED me of......not YOU ARE this person.......and until you figure out the difference between what I posted and what you are claiming......I'll continue to remind you them!!!
Ooops forgot the OF...

#136 Jan 21, 2013
Norcal Native,
I have read what you posted. You cannot stop assuming I remind you of someone. So far I have reminded you of 3 people. I am not any of those people so now this should end! Drop it!
<quoted text>
Remember, I said REMIND, not accused you of being that person......and by the way, they aren't 3 different people, they are the same person using different nics or names!!!!

Sorry that you can't tell the difference.......I thought you were smarter than that with your degree and all.......lol!!!

Cookie_Parker

Location hidden

#138 Jan 21, 2013
Norcal Native,
I have read what you posted. You cannot stop assuming I remind you of someone. So far I have reminded you of 3 people. I am not any of those people so now this should end! Drop it!
<quoted text>
So, do people sin on purpose, or not on purpose. And if a person knows what Christ says and sins, are they a really a Christian?

If they tell OTHERS not to sin, but sin in doing that, are they sinning on purpose or are they too dumb to know Christ said not to judge others?

Cookie_Parker

Location hidden

#139 Jan 21, 2013
Norcal Native,
<quoted text>
Maybe you not NOW are any of those, but at any given time of this account posting you COULD be....sharing accounts and all is something trolls do.

#142 Jan 21, 2013
By their fruit you will know them it states in the Bible.
Then it is obvious by your actions that you are not a "TRUE" Christian, but a Fundamentalist Christian because you believe you can speak FOR God instead of TRUSTING in God.

Peace!!!

Cookie_Parker

Location hidden

#143 Jan 21, 2013
Cookie Parker,
I have never shared an account with anyone. I am not a troll. I am a Born Again Christian in these threads discussing the issues. You are the troll in here accusing everyone of being someone they are not and railroading the threads with your false accusations.
<quoted text>
Well, you weren't addressing my questions so I thought I'd pick up on yours with NorCal...guess you must be "selective" on who you call a troll cuz you never mentioned she was one. Like your "on purpose" sinning?

#146 Jan 21, 2013
Norcal Native,
Show me in the Bible where it says I cannot speak for God.
I am a True Born Again Believer.
Many people in the Bible were used as voices to speak to crowds of people for God.
<quoted text>
Speaking for God is the big no-no.......why? Because YOU are not God and God can do whatever God decides to do........I TRUST God and therefore do not need to tell others how to live or anything else, that job belongs to God.

I don't know that, I just know that is what you believe!!!

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#148 Jan 21, 2013
Norcal Native,
Show me in the Bible where it says I cannot speak for God.
A lot of people spoke for God a few being Moses, David, Paul, Jesus.
I am not telling you how to live. You can live how ever you please, but prepared for consequences if you do not follow the God of the Bible and abstain from open sin.
<quoted text>
"My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways,' says the Lord.
'For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A Christian is just as foolish as everyone else 44 min Joe M 1
Early Christianity 48 min Rick 348
Did Adam And Eve Ever Get Married? (Apr '09) 1 hr dollarsbil 301
Who caused the Temple to be defiled? 1 hr dollarsbil 2
When did Satan ever tell "THE LIE?" (John 8:44) (Mar '10) 1 hr dollarsbil 68
Jehovah Witnesses collect addresses and phone n... 1 hr dollarsbil 161
is it me or who else can see demons and angels ? (Nov '11) 1 hr dollarsbil 340
The Nativity Story 1 hr dollarsbil 279
Intelligent People Question Everything 2 hr rogsuckbigones 1,152
gen 49: 27 2 hr buster 881