As "Roe v. Wade" turns 40, most oppos...
OKAY

Houston, TX

#86 Jan 18, 2013
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>he "believes" in sex-ed like he believes in his God. If he prays real hard people will stop being human.
WTF?
Punisher

Tuckahoe, NY

#87 Jan 18, 2013
Born_Again_Christian wrote:
Cookie Parker,
If it cannot become a human until born then why does it look like a full human being inside the mother at 5 months? Since when do you get to decide what becomes human and when? God says it is a human in the Bible and you were given those verses on the other thread concerning is abortion good or bad. You cannot deny what God has created. You apparently have never watched a full pregnancy take place or you would know it is a baby.
<quoted text>
actually you're wrong. Your propaganda, like most propaganda, is false.

The issue cant be seriously argued (try as you all might), nor settled by reading your Book. Seems an accidental miscarriage was only punishable by a fine, but no mention whatsoever about voluntary abortion. Yet the practice was common in the days of Jesus, and his pals - using herbal abortifacients - and there's mention by anyone as to the morality of the act, or any punishment thereof...

Oh BTW, we dont use the Bible to write our laws, so who cares what the Bible says...!
Punisher

Tuckahoe, NY

#88 Jan 18, 2013
Norcal Native,
Prove that women of faith have a high abortion rate. All you can do is rant and yet you cannot show proof that

1. these women are actually faith believing women.

Since when do you walk in an abortion clinic and give information on what faith you believe in?
<quoted text>
1. Oh wait, this is just another version of the tired old - "Those people are not TRUE Xtians, because I say so." - line of argument.

"faith believing"...kinda redundant, dont ya think? We all pretty much know that if someone has faith they believe in something...or is that believing in faith is truly what you do ???
Punisher

Tuckahoe, NY

#89 Jan 18, 2013
Norcal Native,
Prove that women of faith have a high abortion rate. All you can do is rant and yet you cannot show proof that these women are actually faith believing women.

2. Since when do you walk in an abortion clinic and give information on what faith you believe in?
<quoted text>
2. Here's an interesting term for ya...demographics. Figure it out.
Punisher

Tuckahoe, NY

#90 Jan 18, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Abortion. My tax dollars go to abortion providers.
Yeah? So what? My tax dollars go to providing fire and police, and other PUBLIC services to TAX free RELIGIOUS organizations. P/sses me off.
Punisher

Tuckahoe, NY

#91 Jan 18, 2013
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
to the tune of 54 million mistakes?
I would imagine Human mistakes number in the many Billions...on a daily basis. 54 million a year looks like a few dribbles...
Punisher

Tuckahoe, NY

#92 Jan 18, 2013
Norcal Native,
God does run this country more than you realize. He is just allowing man to mess it up, so when he does fix things you will know it was God that fixed them and not man!!!
<quoted text>
BS. 100% BS.

Your God never fixed anything. Mainly because he doesnt exist, but even in the imaginations of believers he never fixes anything.
Punisher

Tuckahoe, NY

#93 Jan 18, 2013
Norcal Native,
God does run this country more than you realize. He is just allowing man to mess it up, so when he does fix things you will know it was God that fixed them and not man!!!
<quoted text>
And that makes sense to you?

"I'm in charge, but I'm gonna not actually run this thing, but let those folks down there mess it all the F up...so when I'm ready, I can have a field day screwing with them!"

And you worship this screwy Being? The little screwy beings attracted to the BIG screwy Being...what a great combo. Really makes me want to get on that wagon...not!

Cookie_Parker

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#94 Jan 18, 2013
Norcal Native,
Prove that women of faith have a high abortion rate. All you can do is rant and yet you cannot show proof that these women are actually faith believing women. Since when do you walk in an abortion clinic and give information on what faith you believe in?
<quoted text>
Live with your delusions.

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2012/07/13/51...

Jul 13, 2012 at 11:25 am

Despite the fact that conservative evangelicals are opposed to premarital sex — and, along with it, comprehensive sex education that informs young adults about their reproductive health options — public support for contraception is on the rise in the evangelical community. As growing numbers of evangelicals are facing unplanned pregnancies, evangelical leaders and institutions have begun to consider promoting preventative measures to combat abortion rates.

13 percent of all abortion patients describe themselves as evangelical or born-again Christians, a statistic fueled by the fact that a full 80 percent of unmarried evangelicals are having sex. Of course, failing to fully educate young adults about their reproductive health has been proven to lead to decreased use of contraception and increased rates of unplanned pregnancies.

The Daily Beast details a few examples of the evangelical community’s evolving attitudes on sex education:

The largest evangelical organization in the country, The National Association of Evangelicals (NAE), sparked controversy when it accepted a grant from the National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy. NAE defended its decision by saying it is concerned about the abortion rate in the evangelical community.
This year’s Q Ideas Conference, a gathering of evangelicals in Washington, DC, held a panel on reducing abortion that included an employee from the National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy. Audience members were asked whether churches should support the use of contraception among single young people, and 64 percent said yes.
A feature story in the evangelical magazine Relevant last year addressed the issue of young evangelicals having premarital sex, including stark data that points to fact that churches pushing for abstinence are largely failing in their efforts.
A wider range of evangelical leaders are beginning to concede that contraception is “a valuable tool in the abortion reduction toolkit.”

The divide between evangelical leaders’ and the evangelical community’s attitudes about contraception and premarital sex mirrors a similar divide among Catholics, whose leaders have been vocal opponents of birth control following the Obama administration’s regulation requiring employers and insurers to cover contraceptive services at no additional cost to employees. Despite the fact that over 40 Catholic institutions arefighting against Obama’s birth control provision, citing violations to their religious freedom despite the fact that the policy already includes an exemption for religious organizations, 82 percent of Catholics believe birth control is morally acceptable. Similarly, 88 percent of evangelicals report that they support birth control.

NDanger

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

#96 Jan 18, 2013
Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
So you support teen-aged girl being able to get birth control pills without her mom and dad knowing about it?
I do.
I would support it if the parents are involved. You may not care about what your children do as minors, but I certainly do...

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#97 Jan 18, 2013
Cookie Parker
You are the one that has delusions. Just because someone "claims" to be a "Christian" does not make them one. A true born again Christian will not disobey God and have sex outside of marriage. I doubt very much this article has any truth to it.
<quoted text>
How would you know if they did? Why would you care UNLESS it was involving you? And if what you are saying is true, than that "TRUE" Born-Again Christian MUST be God, because otherwise they are a liar if they have no more sin!!!

Sorry, if my post comes across a bit abrasive, but your posts just reminds of my friend Ayita........we've sort of lost touch with each other in the last year or so........anyways, I hope all is well with you, my friend and her mom were really super close.......just amazing that you have similar writing styles as her......Peace!!!

#98 Jan 18, 2013
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
I would support it if the parents are involved. You may not care about what your children do as minors, but I certainly do...
What if your child is afraid to come to you? What does your child do then?

See, it is always easier to say that parents should be involved.......but what if the child is afraid because they fear you will not understand....what then?

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#99 Jan 18, 2013
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
The states had to go around parents because most are not involved.Our teen pregnancy rate proves that is still true.Teens are scared of mom and dad. More so if they have been beat with a rubber hose.

Sexually active teen fears telling folks
http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2012-10-01...

Parents' Sex Talk with Kids: Too Little, Too Late
http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,859...

John from Texas

“It's all in your head”

Since: Dec 12

United States

#100 Jan 18, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
See, it is always easier to say that parents should be involved.......but what if the child is afraid because they fear you will not understand....what then?
It's sad, but what you say is true. The child should not be afraid of talking to the parents. I'll put most of that blame on the parents being afraid of talking to the child It's inexcusable in this day and age. No parent expects their kid to tell them everything, but certain things better be unavoidable.
Parent and child honest communication is vital.
Sex education in school is necessary because some parents are not doing their job. I am sure my kid filled in the blanks for a lot of her friends.
Peace

#101 Jan 18, 2013
John from Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
It's sad, but what you say is true. The child should not be afraid of talking to the parents. I'll put most of that blame on the parents being afraid of talking to the child It's inexcusable in this day and age. No parent expects their kid to tell them everything, but certain things better be unavoidable.
Parent and child honest communication is vital.
Sex education in school is necessary because some parents are not doing their job. I am sure my kid filled in the blanks for a lot of her friends.
Peace
Exactly.......and some just don't get it!!!

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#102 Jan 18, 2013
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
I care so much for my kids I got REAL sex education in our public schools. Till then my town taught abstinence only sex education and had the highest teen pregnancy rate for 10 years in a row. No longer the case.

First time I showed up at school board meeting not much happened.It was tabled till next month. When I got there the next month I knew why it was tabled. The anti chose group was there in force.I got called nasty things but I was prepared with a load of facts the board could not ignore.

The schools still teach abstinence as the best way but now all teens in town know birth control is available without mom and dad needing to know.condoms,birth control pills even morning after pills for teens over 17 years of age.

Cookie_Parker

Location hidden

#103 Jan 19, 2013
Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
I care so much for my kids I got REAL sex education in our public schools. Till then my town taught abstinence only sex education and had the highest teen pregnancy rate for 10 years in a row. No longer the case.
First time I showed up at school board meeting not much happened.It was tabled till next month. When I got there the next month I knew why it was tabled. The anti chose group was there in force.I got called nasty things but I was prepared with a load of facts the board could not ignore.
The schools still teach abstinence as the best way but now all teens in town know birth control is available without mom and dad needing to know.condoms,birth control pills even morning after pills for teens over 17 years of age.
Good for you!!!

Abstinence only has created more pregnant born agains than before born agains were created.

More people should take an active role in this.
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

#104 Jan 19, 2013
Cookie Parker
You are the one that has delusions. Just because someone "claims" to be a "Christian" does not make them one. A true born again Christian will not disobey God and have sex outside of marriage. I doubt very much this article has any truth to it.
<quoted text>
Man I wish Topix had a means to place bets on replies. I'd win a load with folks like you.

So "Born Agains" are PERFECT and live sin-free lives...?

This "Those people are NOT TRUE because I say SO!" - is such a tired old line of Xtians like you. Always trying to deny the faith of others each time its embarrassing to you. But will as quick use the NUMBERS of Xtians in your defense of one of your other (silly) points.

And how is it that Xtians like you seem to think YOU can keep moving the goal line each time you're presented with the answers you asked for? Someone claimed something about Xtians, you asked for some evidence, its provided and NOW ITS all lies..!!

Sorry, but you show the same old tired and cliched behaviors of so many head-in the sand American Xtians. Deny reality and it will not matter. Deny everything that refutes your silly and unsupported argument...no matter how much proof there is to refute your POV.

Here's something, show us some proof of your POV! dont make specious claims, actually provide irrefutable proof...! Or STFU!
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

#105 Jan 19, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
agree. Many parents simply are not equipped, nor truly know how to be involved and involved properly in their childrens lives.

As a parent I know we struggle all the time with what is too much what is too little. Each child is different in the known needs and unknown ones. One week/month/year the kid is all about communicating then wham! here come the hormones and they're reticent to discuss the weather.

As a Society we have to come to grips with the reality that every set of parents is only trying not to repeat the mistakes they blame their parents of doing, which in many cases they dont even recognize they're doing...and in many cases each parent is acting differently than the other parent, etc...I cant count the number of times I've heard other parents comment on how little they discussed their approaches to child-raising with their partner. Everyone seems to think its all gonna go perfect once they become parents. Engaged/Married couples rarely discuss their financial arrangements - much less their approach to raising kids.

We live in a culture that relies on the myth that Parents know what the F they're doing and each unit is ready and able to not repeat the real mistakes of their past, and has taken steps to deal with their own parent issues, etc...

We also live in a new world now where the children can and are exposed to way more information than we could have imagined at the same age. They can access their contemporaries across the nation and World, they can find support and encouragement (- as well as Bullies!) on-line across a broad spectrum of culture and demographics...and most of us parents are just trying to make sure they're dressed and fed and housed and educated properly...while millions are struggling with those basics...millions of children dont have a safe housing situation. Millions! Millions go to bed very hungry, if they can actually sleep at all...

These are the children at risk, these are the ones whose parents literally dont have the time, or the where with all to "get involved"...so schools and such are forced to step-in...and ofttimes with little or no resources to do it...and many times that means keeping the parents out of the loop...a loop many of them wont or cant get involved in...

Cookie_Parker

Location hidden

#106 Jan 19, 2013
Bottomline is that RoeV.Wade is a court decision on individual freedoms MOST Americans want to keep. This last election certainly attested to that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hearing Voices (the supernatural world) (Feb '16) 6 min ChristineM 1,190
Not Even Remotely Historic 10 min dollarsbillsphincter 12
gen 49: 27 20 min Kanoe 927
Paul - scholar or ignoramus? 24 min The Tongue 24
Jehovah Witnesses collect addresses and phone n... 38 min Alan 187
Did Paul say he used guile? 47 min Fernando 24
The Apostle Paul... 5 hr The Tongue 70
Early Christianity 6 hr Taranis 389
Intelligent People Question Everything 7 hr ROG 1,194
More from around the web