SD=Mayor of Topixland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>I've been barking up these trees on this and other threads.
The tradition of men blaming women for their weaknesses is historically long and storied - and usually wholly religious in nature.
Large percents of women still dont report rape because of the cruel way women are treated by the legal/judicial system that nearly always puts them on trial more than their attackers. What was she wearing? Did she flirt with her attacker? Does no, really mean no if she kissed him, etc...? All patriarchal BS that still pays homage to our cultural Eve syndrome. The temptress, the floozy, the Whore whose wiles tempts the pure male from the path of righteousness and steal men from their Madonna wives back home. The stripper gets attacked in the parking lot, and its her fault, not the poor married guy who "just stopped in for a drink and was made to think she was into him..."
And still the American Xtian Right is relying on the historical use of the Bible as an instrument of Patriarchal control over women. Still! And worse too many American Xtian women let them!
Just once I'd like to hear one of the self-righteous puritanical (and likely a fetishist of some sort) Male Xtian Leaders stand-up and demand a full enforcement of the Dead Beat Dad laws! A war on "Dead Beat Dad's" is not something we're likely to ever hear come from the mouths of these MALE Xtian Conservative Evangelical douch/e bags.
Exactly.

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>And that point always leaves me flabbergasted. How is it that so many parents are incapable of discussing such matters with their children? My wife and I discussed how we would discuss it with the kids and have already had a few with them already...and no one spontaneously exploded...whats the big deal?
So many parents are so incompetent in my view that their children should be taken away from them...better to be raised by wolves than some of these idiot parents.
sorry to say but IMO parents both work don't want to be bugged by kids so the kids get an X-box with a stack of games and Netflix so they will leave mom and dad alone.

Fine the same thing at school.People are quick to blame Union teachers for failing grades but go to a school during parents teachers meetings and the only parents their have kids doing well in school.Go figure. Where are the failing kids parents? Sitting on the couch?

Since: Dec 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>Well I obviously I disagree with most of this...except of course the point about funding BC research, and distribution of it.
But I have no issue with a profit being made, as long as its reasonable - the problem is the puritanical nature of our nation when it comes to getting BC and sex education out to the most dangerous demographics - namely teen and 20-something females. And the biggest opponent of such things is the Xtian Conservatives anf their GOP lap-dogs. Both groups seem to think that they can simply legislate away sexual activity by 1. attacking abortion access in sneaky flanking legislative moves, 2. by preaching abstinence.
Face it, we're a mixed up nation when it comes to sex, and we're no closer to discussing and dealing with the sexual activity of everyone, rationally than we were 30++ years during the growth of the sexual revolution. We're still giggling and tsk, tsk'n about sexual topics like a bunch of old biddies - but we all willingly indulge our sexual proclivities as we please...as long as we think we can keep it quiet and private - which the Internet has pretty much blown away.(any sense of privacy)
Is the increase due to access to abortion? Can you actually prove that inference? I dont think it can be done.
So the natural tendency to attack the results should continue? I find that a cop-out and morally bankrupt. We can and should do better, we're the US of F'n A...aren't we the leaders of change? Or are we really the leaders of the status quo?
Lets not fix our approaches to real problems - lets keep the rickety wagon rolling along...propping it up and bandaging it.
Gobbledy gook? Really? If the Bible said abortion is fine, would we be having this discussion? If the Bible had not been effectively used as an instrument of patriarchal control for 2K years, would we even be having this discussion? IMO, no!
When this same Block uses the Bible to infringe on male behavior and responsibility get back to me! Till then, youre just drinking their Kool-aid!
Punisher: "Well I obviously I disagree with most of this..."
Really? Then could you be more specific because it's not obvious to me. I was agreeing with the points you made in the excerpts I quoted from your comments!
Punisher: "Face it, we're a mixed up nation when it comes to sex, and we're no closer to discussing and dealing with the sexual activity of everyone, rationally than we were 30++ years during the growth of the sexual revolution."
That's not relevant to you and I, at the present time, being able to rationally discuss the subject. Or is it?
Punisher: "When this same Block uses the Bible to infringe on male behavior and responsibility get back to me! Till then, youre just drinking their Kool-aid!"
You're either confused, or confusing me with someone else.
I haven't said word one about the Bible, Xtians, or male behavior and responsibility.
Punisher: "So the natural tendency to attack the results should continue? I find that a cop-out and morally bankrupt."
Stop doing it, then.
You're the one attacking the results and assigning blame, railing on and on about the "Bible, the Xtian Right-wing Conservative block and their GOP lapdogs/cronies".
I suggested we view the problem of unwanted pregnancies practically, and offered a possible solution.
Prioritize and fund BC Research and Developement with the goal of producing a 100% safe and effective oral contraceptive to be made globally available free of charge.
Instead of addressing what I said in my post, you replied calling me to account for the problem, incriminating me both in it's causes and society's failure to fix it!
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

It's clearly a massive issue in the UK...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Bedford_Square_ant...
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Then could you be more specific because it's not obvious to me. I was agreeing with the points you made in the excerpts I quoted from your comments!
Punisher: "Face it, we're a mixed up nation when it comes to sex, and we're no closer to discussing and dealing with the sexual activity of everyone, rationally than we were 30++ years during the growth of the sexual revolution."
That's not relevant to you and I, at the present time, being able to rationally discuss the subject. Or is it?
Punisher: "When this same Block uses the Bible to infringe on male behavior and responsibility get back to me! Till then, youre just drinking their Kool-aid!"
I haven't said word one about the Bible, Xtians, or male behavior and responsibility.
Punisher: "So the natural tendency to attack the results should continue? I find that a cop-out and morally bankrupt."
Stop doing it, then.
You're the one attacking the results and assigning blame, railing on and on about the "Bible, the Xtian Right-wing Conservative block and their GOP lapdogs/cronies".
I suggested we view the problem of unwanted pregnancies practically, and offered a possible solution.
Prioritize and fund BC Research and Developement with the goal of producing a 100% safe and effective oral contraceptive to be made globally available free of charge.
Instead of addressing what I said in my post, you replied calling me to account for the problem, incriminating me both in it's causes and society's failure to fix it!
This is you agreeing with me?
-----
Punisher: "These pregnancies are not going to suddenly drop to near zero because we deny access to abortion."
In fact statistically, the number of unwanted pregnancies appear to have been steadily increasing since the legalization of abortion.
Punisher: "There are problems here that denying Women free and safe access to abortion is not going to fix."
Abortion isn't a cure, it's merely a palliative; it's the dilemma, not the solution!
Punisher: "....and if we're going to base the denial of women to control their lives on some abstracts in the Bible."
Spare me the propagandizing gobble-dee-goop.
Women do have control of their own lives.
Unwanted pregnancies evidence they aren't exercizing it.
Punisher: "We in the US tend to attack the results of societal problems, not the very problems themselves."
People everywhere do that.
It's a tendency all people have in common.
But viewed from a purely practical standpoint, the problem is unwanted pregnancies.
The solution?
Prioritize and fund Birth Control Research and Development to produce a 100% safe and effective oral contraceptive to be made globally available free of charge!
But there's no profit in that.
THAT'S why the problem doesn't get fixed.
The Haves use their money to make more money, not to fix society's Have-not problems.
----
I DID mention the Bible and YOU told me it was "propagandizing gobbledy gook"...?

If you're agreeing with me...damn/d if I can tell.
-------

All Ive been talking about is DEALING with the root causes of so many unwanted pregnancies...not much else...so your point?

??????
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop doing it, then.
I agree with the idea of BC research and funding...but free is not alwayss going to work, as most GOP, Xtian Conservatives wont vote for it...so a pay system as long as it reasonable and accessible to those in need is fine too.

All I have been doing is pointing out that few people/groups - other than the pro-choice side - wants to address the root causes of so much unwanted pregnancy...while suggesting that we need to do more educating, providing more access to health care for the disadvantaged, etc...while also trying to figure out a way to address the misogyny, etc in some communities that keep women/girls so trapped in this cycle of early/unwanted pregnancy.

Are we arguing for the sake of it, or merely misunderstanding each other...? I really didn't know you were agreeing with me...looked to me like you were not...

???

And I do feel that this entire issue has remained one mostly (mostly) due to the Agenda of the Xtian Rightwing Conservatives that the GOP have been pandering to for the last 3+ decades - who have made abortion and now gay rights their top two Political platform goals above anything other than cutting taxes for the rich and Corporations...
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop doing it, then.
I also think the contradictory and too often puritanical POV we have in this country re; sexual activity is a problem. On one hand "we" all titter and blush about talking about teen and young adult sexual activity...afraid to talk honestly about the fact that these demographics are sexually active, perhaps like no other time in history. Our Congress all act like idiot parents too scared to discuss the issues - falling back on the old, "Not my kids!" - and always the GOP jumps up and says that any attempts to get more information, or services to the "at risk" groups is going to destroy the bond of Family's and subvert the role of the Parents. Parents that are already most likely not addressing their childrens sexual activity.

In the middle of all the overt sexuality in this nation is our puritanical core that simply cant look past the blinders we've put in front of our eyes...to address reality and how much earlier our girls (and boys) are sexualized, and how much sex is going on with nearly everyone...and how many women are still getting pregnant when they do not want to - but all the Xtians and their GOP lap-dogs can do is preach abstinence and promote "Just Dont' Do it!" programs.

The genie ain't going back in the bottle because the Xtians pray over it, and/or the GOP wants to push more Chastity Programs with federal dollars.

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop doing it, then.
It was not a liberal that said women should place an aspirin “between her knees” to avoid pregnancy.

It was not a liberal that said,"Pregnancies occurring after a rape, Mourdock said, were intended by God.

It was not a liberal that said."pregnancy rarely occurs as a result of what he called "legitimate rape."

It is not liberals that place personhood amendments to make many forms of birth control illegal.

It is the Bible!!!
OKAY

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Jeff wrote:
If you are for abortion check out this short video:
http://www.charismamag.com/life/culture/16614...
A very pathetic commercial.
OKAY

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>
Just once I'd like to hear one of the self-righteous puritanical (and likely a fetishist of some sort) Male Xtian Leaders stand-up and demand a full enforcement of the Dead Beat Dad laws! A war on "Dead Beat Dad's" is not something we're likely to ever hear come from the mouths of these MALE Xtian Conservative Evangelical douch/e bags.
And why not? The deed has been done and life set into motion. Why would anyone be against that thinking...

Oh, I see you just wanted to 'spout off' and bash some people.
OKAY

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
What I did with my daughter before the days of internet.I went to local library and rented a non censored natural ( no drugs) childbirth video and made my 12 yo daughter watch the whole thing.
Worked wonders.Virgin till her 20's.
Put that in teen aged sex ed class.
So you'd like to believe.
OKAY

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>

Take another look at public opinion of same sex marriages.In just a few years we went from majority against to a majority supporting same sex marriages.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/147662/first-time-...
Due to brainwashing

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

OKAY wrote:
<quoted text>
So you'd like to believe.
It's in the history books. No teen aged pregnancy's under my roof!!!

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

OKAY wrote:
<quoted text>
Due to brainwashing
ROFLAO
If brainwashing is what it takes to get religious fundamentalist to stop forces their ways on others I'm all for it.

We should move to brainwashing on the theory of evolution.

Thanks, I will inform the powers to be.I will also make sure the credit goes to you.
OKAY

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
It's in the history books. No teen aged pregnancy's under my roof!!!
That was in 'response' to your daughter being a virgin until her mid 20's. Did she tell you that? or are you just speculating?

BTW, if it is true, KUDOS to you and your wife.

Since: Dec 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with the idea of BC research and funding...but free is not alwayss going to work, as most GOP, Xtian Conservatives wont vote for it...so a pay system as long as it reasonable and accessible to those in need is fine too.
All I have been doing is pointing out that few people/groups - other than the pro-choice side - wants to address the root causes of so much unwanted pregnancy...while suggesting that we need to do more educating, providing more access to health care for the disadvantaged, etc...while also trying to figure out a way to address the misogyny, etc in some communities that keep women/girls so trapped in this cycle of early/unwanted pregnancy.
Are we arguing for the sake of it, or merely misunderstanding each other...? I really didn't know you were agreeing with me...looked to me like you were not...
???
And I do feel that this entire issue has remained one mostly (mostly) due to the Agenda of the Xtian Rightwing Conservatives that the GOP have been pandering to for the last 3+ decades - who have made abortion and now gay rights their top two Political platform goals above anything other than cutting taxes for the rich and Corporations...
Punisher: "I agree with the idea of BC research and funding...but free is not alwayss going to work, as most GOP, Xtian Conservatives wont vote for it."

I don't think it matters whether "GOP, Xtian Conservatives" vote for it or not. Their votes won't keep oral contraceptives from being made globally available free-of-charge, any more than their votes kept abortion from being legalized.
I'm trying to discuss possible solutions to the problem, not argue over who's to blame for it.
I'm just saying that if unwanted pregnancies are the problem, then implementing a program making free contraceptives globally available might go a long way towards fixing it!
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

OKAY wrote:
<quoted text>
And why not? The deed has been done and life set into motion. Why would anyone be against that thinking...
Oh, I see you just wanted to 'spout off' and bash some people.
Huh?

I post this - Punisher wrote:

<quoted text>

And you say what???

Why don't we ever hear from the Xtian Leaders about Dead Beat Dads? I can only guess that maybe some of them are DBD's...
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
Punisher: "I agree with the idea of BC research and funding...but free is not alwayss going to work, as most GOP, Xtian Conservatives wont vote for it."
I don't think it matters whether "GOP, Xtian Conservatives" vote for it or not. Their votes won't keep oral contraceptives from being made globally available free-of-charge, any more than their votes kept abortion from being legalized.
I'm trying to discuss possible solutions to the problem, not argue over who's to blame for it.
I'm just saying that if unwanted pregnancies are the problem, then implementing a program making free contraceptives globally available might go a long way towards fixing it!
Okay...but from what I've managed to gather in my readings is that even free BC is not used...especially in regions where the males are in extreme positions of power. Like Africa, the Asias, and most heavily Religious zones.

The Western Relief agencies, etc, and the many local Medical professionals still struggles to get sick people in many areas to take their medications - so while I would love to air-drop loads of BC where its needed - will it be used in low literacy areas" Which I'm afraid we have too many of here in the US too...

Humans never seem to think the worst can happen to them...go figure.

But I must disagree, we do need to figure where the blame might lay if that blame is due to institutionalized resistance - which we see with many American Xtian Organizations, and just the pew-sitters. They are actively, and very often highly organized to resist all attempts to educate, and other wise help those people most at risk for unwanted pregnancy.

You and I, many others seem not to be in the way...but many people and groups are, they make it their mission to obstruct such things.
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

OKAY wrote:
<quoted text>
Due to brainwashing
Thats BS. I love (not) how so many xtians toss out words like brainwashing towards others, but never, ever see the reverse going on in their groups.

BTW, in order to be truly brainwashed, someone has to believe the near complete opposite of what the brain washer's are "teaching". Its a replacement sort of thing...not an indoctrination thing, like raising children to believe Jesus loves them no matter what.

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

OKAY wrote:
<quoted text>
That was in 'response' to your daughter being a virgin until her mid 20's. Did she tell you that? or are you just speculating?
BTW, if it is true, KUDOS to you and your wife.
I had to go back and look to see if I said mid 20's that would be false. I said 20's. She married @ 22 had a baby a month before her 23 B-day.

She a daddy's girl she tells me everything.She asked to speak with me and told me she was thinking about having sex with her fiance before marriage and that she was taking birth control pills. So yes she told me and I believe her.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 381 - 400 of521
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

46 Users are viewing the Christian Forum right now

Search the Christian Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Dec '12) 2 min NorCal Native 79,115
Does God exist? (Aug '11) 4 min Rose_NoHo 6,153
Cookie's Place 21 min Locutus 1,902
Christians, please explain this to me... 23 min Nc resident 3,006
Speaking in tongues 41 min Xcaliber 119
Why doe Im Not Under The Law, But Grace seems t... 1 hr comment 55
The King James Bible Still Remains 1 hr comment 94
•••
•••