|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why do women when they are pregnant always refer to what is growing in them as a baby?
Ignorance

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Born_Again_Christian wrote:
Cookie Parker,
So because someone does not want the baby it stops being one? It is still a baby. A fetus has legs and arms and a heart beat so how can this not be a baby? You need to go and do some studying on fetus and how they have all their bodily organs in tact from the arms, legs, genitals, and a heart beat. Sounds like a baby to me. How many pro abortion women do you talk to? They are lied to in the abortion clinic and planned parent hood lies to them telling them it is not a baby.
<quoted text>
ba·by
/&#712;b&#257;b&#2 75;/Noun
A very young child, esp. one newly or recently born.

fe·tus (fts)
n. pl. fe·tus·es
1. The unborn young of a viviparous vertebrate having a basic structural resemblance to the adult animal.
2. In humans, the unborn young from the end of the eighth week after conception to the moment of birth, as distinguished from the earlier embryo.
Dictionary.com

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Cookie, are you on something? How could you say God and Christ are for abortions? Where do you get this kind of thing?
NorCal knows her beliefs have no substance in reality. She has her opinions and that's it. Its sad.
Because half of all pregnancies end in miscarriage. That's your God working his abortion magic. Hell, back in the old days he used to just command his people to cut them out of the mother's womb. Count your fu&king blessings he's become a slight bit moral.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignorance
Do you cringe every time you hear a pregnant woman refer to what is growing in her as her baby? I have never heard a pregnant woman ever refer to what is growing in her as her non-human fetus. Have you?

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you cringe every time you hear a pregnant woman refer to what is growing in her as her baby? I have never heard a pregnant woman ever refer to what is growing in her as her non-human fetus. Have you?
How many women can explain in detail the different stages of development BEFORE she gives birth to what is growing inside her womb?

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but I've never heard a man refer to a tapeworm in their digestive tract as a baby either.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>How many women can explain in detail the different stages of development BEFORE she gives birth to what is growing inside her womb?
I suspect not many. How many have you ever met that have never referred to what is growing inside of themselves as anything but a baby?

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
I suspect not many. How many have you ever met that have never referred to what is growing inside of themselves as anything but a baby?
What difference does it really make?
If a woman doesn't ever plan to have an abortion, but plans to have her child and rear it the best she can, then, good for her!
The subject of this thread is about 'Roe v. Wade', and abortion being legal for 40 years now.
Even if you round up a million women who are pregnant and say 'I am having a baby' that is not going to change this law.
OKAY

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Born_Again_Christian wrote:
Cookie Parker,
More proof you do not know what you are talking about.
The brain stem is attached by the third week after conception.
First Trimester
The human brain begins development three weeks after conception with the formation of the neural tube atop the entire length of the embryo. By the 27th day, this tube is completely closed and its transformation into the brain and spinal cord has begun. "There are times when a baby's brain is making a quarter of a million new neurons and making links between them every minute," notes Babyworld. Adds Zero to Three, "By the end of the first trimester, a fetus's movement repertoire is remarkably rich, even though most pregnant women can feel none of it."
Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/207982-baby...
Maybe 3 weeks for the normal child, but in kookies instance, not thinking it ever did.
OKAY

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

John from Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
I concur!!
On all points? or just with 'having sex with a man'.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>What difference does it really make?
If a woman doesn't ever plan to have an abortion, but plans to have her child and rear it the best she can, then, good for her!
The subject of this thread is about 'Roe v. Wade', and abortion being legal for 40 years now.
Even if you round up a million women who are pregnant and say 'I am having a baby' that is not going to change this law.
Roe-Wade is a betrayal of American values. All women who have have been pregnant know what is growing in them is a baby. It is not good for a woman to have an abortion.
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
So? Make the point already.

They can call it a love-child too, but that doesn't mean it was made out of love...

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Roe-Wade is a betrayal of American values. All women who have have been pregnant know what is growing in them is a baby. It is not good for a woman to have an abortion.
Are you a woman? If not how would you even possibly know what is and isn't good for a woman? Its not your body now is it?
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither is it good for most Americans, male, female, young and old, to eat the junk food they shovel in huge amounts into their mouths on a daily basis. I demand we start up a Calorie-Intake Police Force.

I would hope most women know whats growing in their womb. If they dont, they most definitely need to get an abortion!
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
No one, not you or me can make moral decisions for other peoples. The decision is a personal one.

Why dont Xtians like YOU focus on the many reasons, most of them solvable by this RICH nation, that push so many females into making the decisions to have an abortion...? Reduce the number and real impact of the reasons, and the numbers of abortions will drop.

But solving the root problems will never, ever be on the Xtian agenda, as Xtians - thru history - have only wished to control Behaviors, not the conditions/environments that these behaviors are caused by. Its the real legacy of Xtianity...lusting after behavior control - and nothing else.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
It matters not what "MOST" women refer to what's growing inside them as a "BABY", the fact and the law define it as something different......and regardless of whether Roe vs Wade gave a "LEGAL" and safe means of abortion to women.......abortions still would have taken place.......and in fact they were taking place more than 40 years ago.......the difference between before Roe vs Wade and after it became law is that women were not being butchered from botched abortions, less infections were taking place and the woman had a better chance at being able to get pregnant again.
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Are you a woman? If not how would you even possibly know what is and isn't good for a woman? Its not your body now is it?
He's a Xtian, and we know that Xtian males actually believe they are given absolute control over females...by their God...because you know, he used a males rib to create the first one...
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
It matters not what "MOST" women refer to what's growing inside them as a "BABY", the fact and the law define it as something different......and regardless of whether Roe vs Wade gave a "LEGAL" and safe means of abortion to women.......abortions still would have taken place.......and in fact they were taking place more than 40 years ago.......the difference between before Roe vs Wade and after it became law is that women were not being butchered from botched abortions, less infections were taking place and the woman had a better chance at being able to get pregnant again.
And we know abortions have been going on for a looooooong time...even in the days of and before Jesus...and women should have never been prosecuted, or persecuted for having them or facilitating them...
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Roe-Wade is a betrayal of American values.

All women who have have been pregnant know what is growing in them is a baby. It is not good for a woman to have an abortion.
1. Make your argument, dont just spit this stuff out, make the case. And DON'T copy and past something...
Jeff

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Are you a woman? If not how would you even possibly know what is and isn't good for a woman? Its not your body now is it?
I don't need to be a woman to know what its like to abort her child. Her body is not the same as baby's now is it?.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 201 - 220 of521
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

39 Users are viewing the Christian Forum right now

Search the Christian Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Does God exist? (Aug '11) 18 min Robert 6,167
Cookie's Place 23 min COOTERDOG 1,907
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Dec '12) 32 min Huntington Guy 79,126
Who Believes The Planet Is 6000 Years Old? 36 min Robert 81
The King James Bible Still Remains 1 hr 15th Dalai Lama 95
Christians, please explain this to me... 2 hr Nc resident 3,006
Speaking in tongues 2 hr Xcaliber 119
•••
•••