Satan

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

“Jesus is Lord”

Since: Aug 11

Greenwood, Indiana

#1 Nov 29, 2013
I representing God, I would rather do that then burning in hell forever. (John 8:12)
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#2 Nov 29, 2013
You don't "represent God." You represent a SET OF IDEAS ABOUT GOD that your parents and your pastors and your Bible teachers have PROGRAMMED YOU to believe is "The Truth."

Doesn't it seem to you that a God who would burn and torture you forever for not holding just the right set of religious beliefs would be a psycho and an evil nutjob?

Why would you want to worship such a God?

Out of fear? Is that any way to live?
Punisher

Bronx, NY

#3 Nov 29, 2013
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
I representing God, I would rather do that then burning in hell forever.(John 8:12)
Well then this is right fk'd! That such a Being would rely on morons like you shows how small a god he truly is. What kind of Supreme Intelligence would hire so many jackasses to sell his product? I'll tell you, a made-up one!
Old GT

Carmel, IN

#4 Nov 29, 2013
Gillette wrote:
You don't "represent God." You represent a SET OF IDEAS ABOUT GOD that your parents and your pastors and your Bible teachers have PROGRAMMED YOU to believe is "The Truth."
Doesn't it seem to you that a God who would burn and torture you forever for not holding just the right set of religious beliefs would be a psycho and an evil nutjob?
Why would you want to worship such a God?
Out of fear? Is that any way to live?
So as a Christian who did not come to Christ as a result of parents, pastor or teachers but just by reading, let me try to show you a different view.
God is holy and our sin separates us from God.
That separation (spiritual death) puts us out of the light of God = eternal darkness.
However, God is merciful and sought to save us from eternal darkness.
That was the entire purpose of the Bible, Genesis 22:14.
Sadly, most don't care. Those are the ones with who God, after paying the price for their sin, is not happy.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#5 Nov 29, 2013
Old GT wrote:
<quoted text>So as a Christian who did not come to Christ as a result of parents, pastor or teachers but just by reading, let me try to show you a different view.
That separation (spiritual death) puts us out of the light of God = eternal darkness.
That was the entire purpose of the Bible, Genesis 22:14.
Sadly, most don't care. Those are the ones with who God, after paying the price for their sin, is not happy.
Real funny, GT. Your comments in defense of slavery the other day lead me to believe you represent the Klan.

Anyway. Reading what, beside the King James Bible? We have seen in the forum what becomes of people who read the Bible in a vacuum and you're not one of them.

Cookie_Parker

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#6 Nov 29, 2013
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
I representing God, I would rather do that then burning in hell forever.(John 8:12)
Seriously? Man, your god is really weak and pathetic..and whiney..he lets YOU do his judging and condemning for him...I don't like you god...he's no more than a man. If I had to choose a god, I'd want one strong enough to love everyone.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#7 Nov 29, 2013
Old GT wrote:
<quoted text>So as a Christian who did not come to Christ as a result of parents, pastor or teachers but just by reading, let me try to show you a different view.
I'm well aware of that different view. I was a Christian for 41 years.

I don't think it matters if you were born and raised a a small child to believe The Fall/Redemption story about Jesus is "The Truth." or whether you consciously adopted that story as an adult converting to Christianity.

It's still a STORY, written, translated, taught and repeated over and over again by MEN for 200 years. You didn't make up that story, nor did you magically cognized it yourself by divine revelation, etc.
Old GT wrote:
<quoted text>
Define "holy."Define "sin." If you define it (as I think you must) as any thought or action that displeases or offends the Christian God, I would say this idea of God is an ancient, Bronze Age view of what God must be like -- very much like a male tribal patriarch, enjoying his power, demanding fealty, angry at those who disobey him, willing to reward those who toe the line, etc.

A very HUMAN-like God, in other words. I cannot imagine such a God creating the universe and multiple, perhaps endless universes and being infinitely more than that besides.

A reward of heaven and a punishment of eternal hell is very much a manipulative, very political HUMAN IDEA about God. It has had its uses down through the centuries, hasn't it?

Incidentally, if God is holy and sin separates us form God, how in the world could a rebellion of 1/3 of all the angels in heaven ever have taken root? All that anger, jealously, envy, building over who knows how much time (time in "eternity," too -- think about that).
Old GT wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would the "darkness" have to be eternal? And why would being "out of the presence of God" necessarily have to be a dark, painful experience? Because that's all that the men who thought this story up could imagine.
Old GT wrote:
<quoted text>
It's HIS "eternal darkness." Why save us from it? Why just not create that situation in the first place?
If your God really WERE merciful, how could he create fully 2/3 of humanity in distinctly NON-Christian cultures and then have no option (or so the story goes) but to burn and torture them forever for not worshipping him in just the right way?

What's merciful about eternal, never-ending torture? What's SANE, logical and rational about that?
Old GT wrote:
<quoted text>
And I think this is a crude, highly-limited understanding of God as a human-like figure up in the sky who loves some and is unhappy and vengeful to others.
Old GT

Carmel, IN

#8 Nov 29, 2013
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm well aware of that different view. I was a Christian for 41 years.
I don't think it matters if you were born and raised a a small child to believe The Fall/Redemption story about Jesus is "The Truth." or whether you consciously adopted that story as an adult converting to Christianity.
It's still a STORY, written, translated, taught and repeated over and over again by MEN for 200 years. You didn't make up that story, nor did you magically cognized it yourself by divine revelation, etc.
<quoted text>
Define "holy."Define "sin." If you define it (as I think you must) as any thought or action that displeases or offends the Christian God, I would say this idea of God is an ancient, Bronze Age view of what God must be like -- very much like a male tribal patriarch, enjoying his power, demanding fealty, angry at those who disobey him, willing to reward those who toe the line, etc.
A very HUMAN-like God, in other words. I cannot imagine such a God creating the universe and multiple, perhaps endless universes and being infinitely more than that besides.
A reward of heaven and a punishment of eternal hell is very much a manipulative, very political HUMAN IDEA about God. It has had its uses down through the centuries, hasn't it?
Incidentally, if God is holy and sin separates us form God, how in the world could a rebellion of 1/3 of all the angels in heaven ever have taken root? All that anger, jealously, envy, building over who knows how much time (time in "eternity," too -- think about that).
<quoted text>
Why would the "darkness" have to be eternal? And why would being "out of the presence of God" necessarily have to be a dark, painful experience? Because that's all that the men who thought this story up could imagine.
<quoted text>
It's HIS "eternal darkness." Why save us from it? Why just not create that situation in the first place?
If your God really WERE merciful, how could he create fully 2/3 of humanity in distinctly NON-Christian cultures and then have no option (or so the story goes) but to burn and torture them forever for not worshipping him in just the right way?
What's merciful about eternal, never-ending torture? What's SANE, logical and rational about that?
<quoted text>
And I think this is a crude, highly-limited understanding of God as a human-like figure up in the sky who loves some and is unhappy and vengeful to others.
God loves us all.
Is vengeful on those who reject salvation.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#9 Nov 29, 2013
Old GT wrote:
<quoted text>
God loves us all.
You don't see ANY conflict between those two propositions? I sure do.:)

Do you think someone who is born, raised and lives their whole lives in Saudi Arabia as a devout Muslim is "rejecting salvation"?

How? Why?

Didn't your God create that Muslim in the culture in which he lives and naturally worships?
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#10 Nov 29, 2013
Old GT wrote:
<quoted text>
God loves us all.
How do love and vengeance mix? How do they come out of the same being?

What truly loving parent is also a vengeful punisher?
Old GT

Carmel, IN

#11 Nov 29, 2013
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
"For I have no pleasure in the death of one who dies," says the Lord God. "Therefore turn and live."
Ezekiel 18:32
Old GT

Carmel, IN

#12 Nov 29, 2013
"Say to them; 'As I live,' says the Lord God,'I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live. Turn, turn from your evil ways! For why should you die, O house of Israel?'
Ezekiel 33:11

Since: Aug 08

Somewhere in Ireland

#13 Nov 29, 2013
Old GT wrote:
<quoted text>
God loves us all.
The kind of god you believe can only be described as a tyrannical psychopath. Vengeance is a very human trait, hardly worthy of a supposedly all loving deity. The bible, that book you believe is complete truth, has more than enough examples of your god's vengeful nature. Mind you, as I don't believe in your god I don't believe the biblical accounts that say barbaric acts of mass slaughter were ordered by your god, but you do, and you still consider this being you believe in as being worthy of your adoration. I can only ask one thing. Why?
Old GT

Carmel, IN

#14 Nov 29, 2013
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
A just God.

“Jesus is Lord”

Greenwood, Indiana

#15 Nov 29, 2013
Isaiah 54:17

"No weapon formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue which rises against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is from Me,"
Old GT

Carmel, IN

#16 Nov 29, 2013
God wants all to be saved and come to the knowledge of truth.
1 Timothy 2:3-5

“Jesus is Lord”

Greenwood, Indiana

#17 Nov 29, 2013
The voting on this thread shows some of you people representing Satan, and your comments proves that!!
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#18 Nov 29, 2013
Old GT wrote:
<quoted text>
A just God.
Where is the justice in a "loving parent" vengefully punishing?

Where is the justice in eternal, never-ending torture? Where is the PURPOSE in such a thing?

Care to explain how someone who is created by your God in a body and soul to live in Saudi Arabia or India or Tibet, for example, is worthy of being vengefully punished for living and worshipping in the culture into which YOUR GOD CREATED THEM?
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#19 Nov 29, 2013
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
The voting on this thread shows some of you people representing Satan, and your comments proves that!!
Oh fer' heaven's sake, get out of the way and let the adults talk here, will you? LOL
Old GT

Carmel, IN

#20 Nov 29, 2013
par five wrote:
<quoted text>
The kind of god you believe can only be described as a tyrannical psychopath. Vengeance is a very human trait, hardly worthy of a supposedly all loving deity. The bible, that book you believe is complete truth, has more than enough examples of your god's vengeful nature. Mind you, as I don't believe in your god I don't believe the biblical accounts that say barbaric acts of mass slaughter were ordered by your god, but you do, and you still consider this being you believe in as being worthy of your adoration. I can only ask one thing. Why?
You want an all loving deity that will overlook all the murder and hatred in this world. No, vengeance will find those who hurt the innocent.
Yet God has no pleasure in this vengeance.
God wants to save any that He can.
In order to do that He cleared a land in the middle of wickedness and planted a vineyard. He built a hedge around the vineyard and tended it.
The product of this vineyard was the sacrifice to wash us for our sin.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 24 min Taranis 21,188
You are God, What is the first thing you Fix? 31 min Taranis 38
The Law of Moses Has Not Been Abolished 38 min Taranis 18
Christian Jokes 57 min Taranis 26
Science And Discoveries To The Rescue 1 hr rogthehome 92
Wives Cannot Speak in the Assemblies, Unmarried... 1 hr Taranis 20
The Deception of the Teaching of the Trinity 2 hr Taranis 111
More from around the web