Are you just now figuring that out?<quoted text>Ooops, thats kind of silly to belong to a religion that won't let you express your self
“Wear white at night.”
Since: Jun 09
#146 Aug 27, 2012
#147 Aug 27, 2012
I have been thinking of becoming an FSM, stripper poles, beer volcanoes. I have to do a bit of research into the sexual aspects of FSM, I have a gut feeling they are a tad more liberal.
I wonder if sexual frustration is the main cause of fundamentalism? That could explain much of thier anger.
“Jesus is Lord”
Since: Aug 11
#148 Aug 27, 2012
Just how many of these Ten Commandments you have kept??
“Jesus is Lord”
Since: Aug 11
#149 Aug 27, 2012
The Ten Commandments....(10) Thy shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor any thing that is thy neigbour's.....
#150 Aug 27, 2012
Hold on sport, now I may check out his wives back side but I have never ever had lustful feelings towards his livestock. That's just sick.
#151 Sep 3, 2012
What nonsense, Buddha is the Father. All of the New Testament and miracles come from Buddhism. Learn about the noble Eightfold Path, or be sent on your way to suffering hellish states!
Your religion comes from descendants of Adam who lied. You perpetuate lies. The Noble Eightfold path is clear-- you must always speak the truth.
Ten Commandments only tell you to speak the truth in court as a witness. Bad religion, low morals.
#152 Jul 26, 2013
I've been wondering recently if the ancient Egyptians didn't give the slaves (Apiru) a condensed version of the 42 Principles of Maat, when they sent them to raid Canaan, under the leadership of the warlord Mermose, to establish the grave site of Amenhotep II. From their vocabulary: Is (final resting place) Ra (God) El (Elohim)= Israel.
Following are the 42 Principles of Maat (Goddess who sets order to the universe and judges the dead):
The 42 Divine Principles of Ma at:
1. I have not committed sin.
2. I have not committed robbery with violence.
3. I have not stolen.
4. I have not slain men or women.
5. I have not stolen food.
6. I have not swindled offerings.
7. I have not stolen from God/Goddess.
8. I have not told lies.
9. I have not carried away food.
10. I have not cursed.
11. I have not closed my ears to truth.
12. I have not committed adultery.
13. I have not made anyone cry.
14. I have not felt sorrow without reason.
15. I have not assaulted anyone.
16. I am not deceitful.
17. I have not stolen anyones land.
18. I have not been an eavesdropper.
19. I have not falsely accused anyone.
20. I have not been angry without reason.
21. I have not seduced anyones wife.
22. I have not polluted myself.
23. I have not terrorized anyone.
24. I have not disobeyed the Law.
25. I have not been exclusively angry.
26. I have not cursed God/Goddess.
27. I have not behaved with violence.
28. I have not caused disruption of peace.
29. I have not acted hastily or without thought.
30. I have not overstepped my boundaries of concern.
31. I have not exaggerated my words when speaking.
32. I have not worked evil.
33. I have not used evil thoughts, words or deeds.
34. I have not polluted the water.
35. I have not spoken angrily or arrogantly.
36. I have not cursed anyone in thought, word or deeds.
37. I have not placed myself on a pedestal.
38. I have not stolen what belongs to God/Goddess.
39. I have not stolen from or disrespected the deceased.
40. I have not taken food from a child.
41. I have not acted with insolence.
42. I have not destroyed property belonging to God/Goddess
Very interesting and telling, don't you think?
#153 Jul 26, 2013
Just wanted to set the record straight. Buddha (Gautama Siddhartha) did not consider himself a God. His disciples deified him, probably like the story of Jesus of Nazareth, deified by Paul aka: Saul of Tarsus.
True Buddhism is a philosophy of awakening to peace and tranquility. They worship no God.
#154 Jul 26, 2013
then why do they bow down to the statute of budah,
and pray to it,
if it is on a philosophy
#155 Jul 26, 2013
Because like most religions, there is a hierarchy of understanding. Hinduism is the best example. The lower intellectuals worship statues and humans with other animal's heads on them. They have holy days, etc. The upper classes of Hinduism understand it to be a "spiritual" connection with all that is and strive to be one with Brahma. Judaism is a complex religion. Christianity is much simpler and is easier for common folk to understand. Buddhism is the same way. There are many offshoots of Buddhism as that stay from the original. An example is Zen Buddhism. Taoism & Confucianism have no Gods either. Surely, you realize that people make up stuff to suit their purposes. Look at how many denominations of Christianity there are. Look at how many people change church affiliation, because they don't agree with this or that interpretation.
If you study the life of Gautama Siddhartha, You will learn that he only taught to reach Nirvana, a state of perfect bliss. He talked nothing about Gods and Goblins.
His disciples are attributed to deifying him.
Don't feel bad, most "Buddhist" don't understand Buddhism. I hope this answers your question.
#156 Jul 26, 2013
Oh, I would also like to add that Atheists do not have a God either, by definition. They are often confused with Pagans by many Christians. Paganism is a religion, Atheists are not religionists. There are some two dozen denominations Pagans, mostly in Europe. They do not worship Satan, as some misinformed think, That is a different religion. Pagans worship nature and some worship many Gods. Wicca could be called and American Pagan religion. To call an Atheist a Pagan is stereotyping and suggests ignorance. Satanism is a religion with a God. Voodoo (spirit) has a God. The lists goes on and on.
#157 Jul 29, 2013
One more thing. Gautama Siddhartha (aka: Buddha) was a Hindu. Buddhism is an offshoot of Hinduism, like Christianity is of Judaism.
"To know the Buddha, one must know one's self.
To know one's self is to forget one's self.
To forget one's self is to enlightened by all things."
Add your comments below
|All or Nothing to be a Disciple of Jesus Christ...||2 hr||AlertChristians||1|
|A Very Effective Way to Stretch One's Back, Wea...||7 hr||AlertChristians||1|
|Sex Demons Cause Symptoms - Noseeums, Invisible...||17 hr||AlertChristians||1|
|Do Not be Conformed to This World - Porn, Mastu...||Fri||AlertChristians||1|
|Get Off the Slippery Slope of Common Addictions||Fri||AlertChristians||1|
|It is Harmful to Praise and Worship Around Thos...||Fri||AlertChristians||1|
|A confession of an Ex-christian (Feb '14)||Fri||dollarsbill||16|
Find what you want!
Search Christian Forum Now
Copyright © 2018 Topix LLC