Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#237 Aug 14, 2014
LTT wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see that we serve a different God, Ms. Lange. However, you are mistaken about Jesus Christ. Jesus gives a man free will. Satan already has man who does not accept Jesus Christ.
John 14:6--"Jesus said, "I Am the Way, The Truth, and the Life, and no man comes to the Father but by Me (speaking of Himself)." He is the Door of the Sheep. He is the Good Shepherd. He is the Ancient of Days. Before Satan existed, He WAS.
The bottom line, LTT, is that Jesus is dead. The God of Israel is the living God. Earth in the scriptures is called the "land of the living". Isaiah 26:13-14 "O Lord our God, other lords beside thee have had dominion over us: but by thee only will we make mention of thy name. They are dead, they shall not live; they are deceased, they shall not rise: therefore hast thou visited and destroyed them, and made all their memory to perish". Your God will never come back and it is his destiny to burst into flames and rot in hell. Ezekiel 28:18-19. He has been reincarnated and his new name is Bill. Rev. 3:12. He is Lucifer, which means "morning star" and he is Satans counterfeit messiah and the leader of the "sons of darkness", or IOW, the wicked. He's the great deceiver and he's fooled a good portion of the world. The real Messiah is coming for the righteous, or the "sons of light".

Location hidden

#238 Aug 14, 2014
Old GT wrote:
I was watching in the night vision,
And behold, One like the Son of Man,
coming in the clouds of heaven!
He came to the Ancient of Days
and they brought Him near before Him.
Then to Him was given a dominion
and glory and a kingdom,
that all peoples, nations and
languages should serve Him.
His dominion is an everlasting
dominion,
which shall not pass away,
and His kingdom
which shall not be destroyed.
Daniel 7:13,14
In Daniel 7:13, the "Son of man" just means "in the form of a human being". Matthew 16:28. Jesus says to his followers, "Verily I say unto you. There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom". The resurrection will happen days after the Messiahs death, not 2000 years later. Jesus' statement proves he was a false messiah. He is also Satans counterfeit messiah. He's coming back in the flesh and this time will burst into flames. Ezekiel 28:18-19.

“I Walk With Jesus”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#239 Aug 14, 2014
AAAM wrote:
I recently found out that the Talmud (a central text of mainstream Judaism) says that Jesus is *in hell burning in excrement.* Christians what do you think of the Talmud's saying that? and what do you think of the Jews who believe that?
I'm not a Christian but I find the assertion disgusting.
Its nothing but lies from the pit of hell!

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#240 Aug 14, 2014
LTT wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, the prophecy! But not just any will arise out of the first resurrection. These are those who have died in Christ. They will be raised in the twinkling of an eye, and those which remain will be caught up with them to the Lord. Not all the dead will be resurrected at that resurrection. Those who are not in the Lord will not yet be resurrected.
I don't think the Psalms are tricky at all. I just think one needs the Holy Spirit to give understanding of the words---in the Psalms or any book in the Bible. The unsaved don't have that edge---only the believers do. Those are the ones to Whom the Lord reveals His will and His word.
No it doesn't! It only meant that the sins that they had committed before the last sacrifice had been atoned for. It DID NOT change the heart of man. God looks inward, and was wanting the heart of man to be changed. Man needed a new spirit, a new spirit within--and no better way than through the Holy Spirit. But man was going to have to go through the blood of Jesus Christ to get there. He alone was the perfect atonement for our sin.
That's why He needed to come--to save mankind. The only way of doing so was to save man in His heart, not by military force. Military force does not change hearts. You can see evidence of this in the last wars we've fought. There is still some hate toward us. Jesus brings love, liberty, freedom, peace unlike anything else, salvation, the lifting of burden, and deliverance, and so much more. The sacrifices in the OT didn't do much of this. It showed man that man was imperfect. It showed man who/what he/she was. It also showed in a sense too, who God was. God's standards are much higher than ours. We cannot attain unto them without the help of the Holy Spirit. Yet, in the flesh, at times, we are going to fail. Jesus, who died on that cross, is our very Advocate with the Father, and He will steer us into the right path, if we keep our eyes, hearts, and ears on Him. "Not my will, Lord, but Thy will be done." The spirit of man is willing, but the flesh is weak. This is exactly why we need Jesus. You need Jesus and you don't even know it. I hope that for you God will open your heart, eyes, and ears to see our need for Jesus Christ, and see yourself as the human that you are---rather than being the accomplisher of godly standards that you think you have. None of us do! That's why we need Jesus. We can't do it on our own---but only He through us! How so? By the leadership of the Holy Spirit and us yielding to Him. That's how! No other given way possible.
Aaannnnnnnd you STILL don't get it. If Jesus was the only person resurrected, then he was not the Messiah, because the prophecy was not fulfilled.

The Bible is clear. You cannot argue this point, it states it in no uncertain or ambiguous terms. People CAN obey the Laws, and if they fail, they can atone. Period. The children of Israel have had this since Moses gave them the Laws. No Jesus needed for anything.

Claiming that I (or anyone) needs Jesus for salvation is like claiming that an eagle needs a bicycle so it doesn't have to walk.

Location hidden

#241 Aug 14, 2014
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Aaannnnnnnd you STILL don't get it. If Jesus was the only person resurrected, then he was not the Messiah, because the prophecy was not fulfilled.
The Bible is clear. You cannot argue this point, it states it in no uncertain or ambiguous terms. People CAN obey the Laws, and if they fail, they can atone. Period. The children of Israel have had this since Moses gave them the Laws. No Jesus needed for anything.
Claiming that I (or anyone) needs Jesus for salvation is like claiming that an eagle needs a bicycle so it doesn't have to walk.
The entire host of heaven will be resurrected with the Messiah. Zechariah 14:5 "...and the Lord my God shall come, and all the saints with thee". That's why the writers of the NT claimed that angels were also resurrected and "appeared to many". My question is where did these angels go and what was the purpose of their resurrection?
LTT

Logan, WV

#242 Aug 14, 2014
Armed Dangerous wrote:
<quoted text> Its nothing but lies from the pit of hell!
Yes, and everything here not for Jesus that is against Jesus is also coming from the pits of Hell. This thread has a lot of what I believe are blasphemous comments, and I find it in my own opinion to be very vile. That's why I'm not going to stay here very long. I just hate it for the reader that he/she will see this nonsense, and I want to give honor and praise to God, to Jesus, in this place, where He deserves honor and praise. He does not deserve to be blasphemed.

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#243 Aug 15, 2014
Phoenix Ascended wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe Zechariah 13:7 refers to Jesus.
Peace Phoenix Ascended,

Well, Jesus said that it does refer to him (Mark 14:27.)

Peace.
AAAM

Location hidden

#244 Aug 15, 2014
LTT wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's look right quick into Romans 5. I'm starting at verse 6 and typing some of the verses in chapter 5. They're self-explaining.
""For when we were yet without strength, in due time CHRIST DIED FOR THE UNGODLY." For who? THE UNGODLY!!!!!
"For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die."
"BUT GOD COMMENDETH IS LOVE TOWARD US, IN THAT, WHILE WE WERE YET SINNERS, CHRIST DIED FOR US."
"Much more now, being justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through H
"FOR IF WHEN WE WERE ENEMIES, WE WERE RECONCILED TO GOD BY TH DEATH OF HIS SON, MUCH MORE, BEING RECONCILED, WE SHALL BE SAVED BY HIS LIFE."
"And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by Whom we have now received the atonement."...
Peace,

Repeatedly throughout the Scriptures that you cited, the Apostle Paul says "we." Who is the "we?"

The "we" is not everyone (John 3:36) but the "we" is those who believe (John 17:9.)

Peace & Blessings to you,
AAAM

Location hidden

#245 Aug 15, 2014
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Apples and oranges are both fruit, but apples are not oranges, no matter how many times you try and say that they are...
Save the games for someone else. Hell is hell. It is a fire. It is the abode of the "dead" (those who are without spiritual life) and it is a place of suffering.

ANYONE CAN COME ALONG AND MAKE UP A NEW DOCTRINE SAYING HELL REALLY MEANS XYZ BUT THAT DOESN'T PROVE THAT THAT NEW DOCTRINE IS TRUE! The Bible calls hell a FIRE (Matt. 5:22) and I'm sticking with the Word of God (Allah,) the Bible.

Peace,
AAAM

Location hidden

#246 Aug 15, 2014
Armed Dangerous wrote:
<quoted text> Its nothing but lies from the pit of hell!
But the mainstream Jews believe in that book, as evil a book as it is. I agree that those who believe that Jesus is in hell burning in excrement are the ones who a TRULY in HELL.

Peace.
AAAM

Location hidden

#247 Aug 15, 2014
AAAM wrote:
<quoted text>
Peace Phoenix Ascended,
Well, Jesus said that it does refer to him (Mark 14:27.)
Peace.
AAAM
Zechariah 13:7 is about the real Messiah who will be executed and pierced with a sword. It describes how the Messiah will die. The paragraph continues with verses 8 and 9 which haven't been fulfilled yet either. The Messiah is not supposed to die from crucifixion and would in fact be saved out of that torture. Psalm 22:19-31. Jesus died the "death of the uncircumcised". Ezekiel 28:10. Jesus was pierced in his side with a spear and also did not die because of that.

#248 Aug 15, 2014
AAAM wrote:
<quoted text>
Save the games for someone else. Hell is hell. It is a fire. It is the abode of the "dead" (those who are without spiritual life) and it is a place of suffering.
ANYONE CAN COME ALONG AND MAKE UP A NEW DOCTRINE SAYING HELL REALLY MEANS XYZ BUT THAT DOESN'T PROVE THAT THAT NEW DOCTRINE IS TRUE! The Bible calls hell a FIRE (Matt. 5:22) and I'm sticking with the Word of God (Allah,) the Bible.
Peace,
AAAM
Considering that the gospel of Matt contradicts or is wrong about so much of the OT, it is simply not possible to believe that it is the word of any God.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#249 Aug 15, 2014
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering that the gospel of Matt contradicts or is wrong about so much of the OT, it is simply not possible to believe that it is the word of any God.
The "contradictions" are in your mind.

#250 Aug 15, 2014
AAAM wrote:
<quoted text>
But the mainstream Jews believe in that book, as evil a book as it is. I agree that those who believe that Jesus is in hell burning in excrement are the ones who a TRULY in HELL.
Peace.
AAAM
Still trying to spread your ignorance of the Talmud.

#1 the Talmud consists of commentary by many different authors, including some who take decidedly contrarian positions to make a point.

#2 The passage in Gittin refers specifically to an evil spirit who tried to harm Israel.

#3 The name that gets transliterated into English as "Jesus" was fairly popular during a 400 year period around the time of Jesus of the Gospels.

#251 Aug 15, 2014
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>The "contradictions" are in your mind.
Some years back, I found a web site that posted 1000 errors in Matt.
Matthew presents Jechoniah as the son of Josiah when in fact he was his grandson (Matthew 1:11 – 2Kings 24:6). Matthew claims that Isaiah 7:14 foretold the virgin birth of Jesus when Isaiah says nothing about a virgin and when read in context, it is clear that Isaiah’s prophecy should have been fulfilled many centuries before the birth of Jesus (Matthew 1:23). Matthew translates the Hebrew word “al’fei” as if it said “alufei”. The former means a clan while the latter means a chief (Matthew 2:6 – Micah 5:1 (2). Matthew claims that Jesus fulfilled the prediction of Hosea 11:1 when in actuality Hosea is not making a prediction at all (he is speaking of a past event) and he is referring to the people of Israel and not to the Messiah (Matthew 2:15). Matthew goes on to quote Jeremiah in reference to a massacre of babies when Jeremiah was actually speaking about a nation in exile (Matthew 2:17,18 – Jeremiah 31:14 (15). The kicker is Matthew 2:23. Matthew tells us that Jesus went to live in Nazareth in order to fulfill the prophecy; “he will be called a Nazarene”. There is no such prophecy.
From here:
http://yourphariseefriend.wordpress.com/2013/...

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#252 Aug 15, 2014
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
From here:
Jesus said you're DAMNED. I believe Him.

Now about those commandments?
Old GT

Carmel, IN

#253 Aug 15, 2014
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
From here:
The Messianic prophecies are woven through events of the time. They are hidden from carnal minds.
Matthew is able to identify the prophecy of Isaiah 7:14 as a "virgin" birth because the word used is for a "maiden", a woman yet to be married, which, under the Law, would have to be a virgin, Deut. 22:21.
Yes, the prophecy is about King Ahaz, but the sign from God goes deeper than the initial circumstance.
You won't be able to understand it.
Romans 16:25,26 and 2 Corinthians 3:13-16.
Old GT

Carmel, IN

#254 Aug 15, 2014
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Still trying to spread your ignorance of the Talmud.
#1 the Talmud consists of commentary by many different authors, including some who take decidedly contrarian positions to make a point.
#2 The passage in Gittin refers specifically to an evil spirit who tried to harm Israel.
#3 The name that gets transliterated into English as "Jesus" was fairly popular during a 400 year period around the time of Jesus of the Gospels.
#3, oh sure. It's somebody else. It's not the one everybody thinks it is.

Want to get in on some beach front property at China Lake, California?

#255 Aug 15, 2014
Old GT wrote:
<quoted text>The Messianic prophecies are woven through events of the time. They are hidden from carnal minds.
Matthew is able to identify the prophecy of Isaiah 7:14 as a "virgin" birth because the word used is for a "maiden", a woman yet to be married, which, under the Law, would have to be a virgin, Deut. 22:21.
Yes, the prophecy is about King Ahaz, but the sign from God goes deeper than the initial circumstance.
You won't be able to understand it.
Romans 16:25,26 and 2 Corinthians 3:13-16.
Ah, yes... the Jesus brand Super Secret Magic Decoder Ring (tm)
Able to change ANY bible verse into a "Messianic prophecy" at your every whim!
Able to turn one God into three!
Allows the wielder to simply not see all those pesky contradictions in the Bible!
Obfuscate the clear meaning of any verse!
Old GT

Carmel, IN

#256 Aug 15, 2014
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, yes... the Jesus brand Super Secret Magic Decoder Ring (tm)
Able to change ANY bible verse into a "Messianic prophecy" at your every whim!
Able to turn one God into three!
Allows the wielder to simply not see all those pesky contradictions in the Bible!
Obfuscate the clear meaning of any verse!
YYuuup!

Now to Him who is able to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery kept secret since the world began but now made manifest, and by the prophetic Scriptures made known to all nations, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, for obedience to the faith-

Romans 16:25,26

Just for your information, the Greek word "mystery" was a military term meaning a maneuver that is kept hidden from the enemy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Before The Big Bang 5 min no-one-special 2,284
The duping of American Christians 1 hr Just the Truth 73
News Christians encouraged to 'sow seeds of a new po... 2 hr RELIGION SATAN DA... 102
The Heathen's Home Page (Jun '13) 2 hr Poof1 4,817
Poll 2015 edition: who is the dumbest fundie on topix? 3 hr RELIGION SATAN DA... 146
The post count of Dollarsbill 3 hr ChristineM 1,273
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 3 hr RELIGION SATAN DA... 1,932
For Atheist, Agnostics, Whoever... 6 hr dollarsbill 642
More from around the web