The Talmud: "Jesus is in hell..."

Posted in the Christian Forum

First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#1 Jul 26, 2014
I recently found out that the Talmud (a central text of mainstream Judaism) says that Jesus is *in hell burning in excrement.* Christians what do you think of the Talmud's saying that? and what do you think of the Jews who believe that?

I'm not a Christian but I find the assertion disgusting.
Old GT

Carmel, IN

#2 Jul 26, 2014
AAAM wrote:
I recently found out that the Talmud (a central text of mainstream Judaism) says that Jesus is *in hell burning in excrement.* Christians what do you think of the Talmud's saying that? and what do you think of the Jews who believe that?
I think that it is shocking that a figure who when judged strictly by His wise statements in the New Testament (and not by what some have done "in His name") should be condemned so drastically.

Location hidden

#3 Jul 26, 2014
Old GT wrote:
<quoted text>I think that it is shocking that a figure who when judged strictly by His wise statements in the New Testament (and not by what some have done "in His name") should be condemned so drastically.
I'm not shocked...the Jews don't even believe that Jesus is the Messiah.
Old GT

Carmel, IN

#4 Jul 26, 2014
AAAM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah but why such drastic condemnation? What does that say about their relationship with a generally Christian community?
we are G-d

Asheboro, NC

#5 Jul 26, 2014
Old GT wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah but why such drastic condemnation? What does that say about their relationship with a generally Christian community?
Generally speaking, "Jews' whom believe in/practice the jewish religion believe that Yeshuah was a charlatan, a fake, and that Christianity is avodah zarah( idolatry). They await their Messiah and a new world\age in which Israel shall rule all of the earth and its inhabitants.
In the past there have been rulings( by certain Rabbis) that Christianity is avodah zara and that Islam is not due to the fact that xtians are polytheists and muslims are monotheists.

Location hidden

#6 Jul 28, 2014
Old GT wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah but why such drastic condemnation? What does that say about their relationship with a generally Christian community?
It might say that they secretly take such community to be enemies.

That is a very good question.

Location hidden

#7 Jul 28, 2014
we are G-d wrote:
<quoted text>
Generally speaking, "Jews' whom believe in/practice the jewish religion believe that Yeshuah was a charlatan, a fake, and that Christianity is avodah zarah( idolatry). They await their Messiah and a new world\age in which Israel shall rule all of the earth and its inhabitants.
In the past there have been rulings( by certain Rabbis) that Christianity is avodah zara and that Islam is not due to the fact that xtians are polytheists and muslims are monotheists.
And as a religious belief they believe that he is "burning in excrement." I think that that says a lot about them and mainstream Judaism.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#8 Jul 29, 2014
AAAM wrote:
<quoted text>
And as a religious belief they believe that he is "burning in excrement." I think that that says a lot about them and mainstream Judaism.
Jesus actually went to heaven when he died but his destiny is to rot in hell. His life was preserved to be reincarnated in the "latter years". If he had gone to hell, he'd be lost forever. In the end of days it will be Christianity vs. Judaism. Jesus, as Satans false messiah, will be the leader of the sons of darkness and Jesus will burst into flames this time. Ezekiel 28:18-19. The true Messiah of the Jews is here and will be the leader of the righteous, the sons of light.

“Born again atheist”

Since: Jun 12

Melbourne

#9 Jul 30, 2014
we are G-d wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Frank

Location hidden

#10 Jul 30, 2014
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus actually went to heaven when he died but his destiny is to rot in hell. His life was preserved to be reincarnated in the "latter years". If he had gone to hell, he'd be lost forever. In the end of days it will be Christianity vs. Judaism. Jesus, as Satans false messiah, will be the leader of the sons of darkness and Jesus will burst into flames this time. Ezekiel 28:18-19. The true Messiah of the Jews is here and will be the leader of the righteous, the sons of light.
Wow. Are you a Jew (I don't want to assume)?
Old GT

Carmel, IN

#11 Jul 30, 2014
we are G-d wrote:
<quoted text>
Good informative post.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#12 Jul 30, 2014
we are G-d wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true at all.

Jews generally see Jesus as just another man. Most of his teachings are from the Pharisee school of Rabbi Hillel, which is where modern Judaism looks to many of its practices. That xianity is idolatry of course goes without saying, since the definition of idolatry is the worship of a false god. The Bible proves that Jesus was a false god, therefore xianity is idolatry.

Since Muslims give power to Satan, they cannot really be called monotheists, andy more than xians can.

#13 Jul 30, 2014
AAAM wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, since he failed to fulfill the Messianic prophecies, it is obvious that he was not the Messiah.

#14 Jul 30, 2014
AAAM wrote:
Too bad you don't understand just what the Talmud is.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#15 Jul 30, 2014
AAAM wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. Are you a Jew (I don't want to assume)?
My religion does most closely resemble Judaism but I'm not ethnically Jewish, and they don't want me. I believe the OT is the word of the living God. So you could call me a fundamentalist too. There is also some truth in all religions and I practice an eclectic mix.
Old GT

Carmel, IN

#16 Jul 30, 2014
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad you don't understand just what the Talmud is.
So just what is it? Does it say that about Jesus? That not average guy stuff.
What do you think about the Daniel 9:26 prophecy of the Messiah coming before the destruction of the sanctuary? That seems like the only one that might be difficult to deny.

#17 Jul 30, 2014
Old GT wrote:
<quoted text>So just what is it? Does it say that about Jesus? That not average guy stuff.
What do you think about the Daniel 9:26 prophecy of the Messiah coming before the destruction of the sanctuary? That seems like the only one that might be difficult to deny.
For the actual quote, I found this
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...
The Text
Talmud Gittin 56b-57a

[Onkelos Bar Kalonikus] called up Balaam from the dead.[Onkelos] asked: Who is honored in that world?[Balaam] replied: Israel.[Onkelos asked:] What about joining them?[Balaam] replied:(Deut. 23:7) "You shall not seek their peace or welfare all your days." [Onkelos] asked: What is your punishment?[Balaam answered]: In boiling semen.

[Onkelos] called up Yeshu from the dead.[Onkelos] asked: Who is honored in that world?[Yeshu] replied: Israel.[Onkelos asked:] What about joining them?[Yeshu] replied: Seek their good. Do not seek their bad. Whoever touches them is as if he touched the pupil of his eye.[Onkelos] asked: What is your punishment?[Yeshu answered]: In boiling excrement. As the mast said: Whoever mocks the words of the sages in punished in boiling excrement.

Here we see a story of the famous convert Onkelos who, prior to converting, used black magic to bring up famous villains of history and ask them whether their wickedness saved them in the world to come. In both cases (there is a third case of Onkelos calling up Titus as well) the sinner is being terribly punished in the afterlife while Israel is being rewarded. Presumably, this helped convince Onkelos to convert to Judaism.

As we have explained elsewhere, Yeshu is not Jesus of the New Testament. He is most likely a prominent sectarian of the early first century BCE who deviated from rabbinic tradition and created his own religion combining Hellenistic paganism with Judaism. While Yeshu may be the proto-Jesus some scholars point to as inspiring the early Christians, he is definitely not the man who was crucified in Jerusalem in the year 33 CE.

Interestingly, if someone were to claim that Yeshu in the passage above is Jesus, then Balaam cannot also refer to Jesus because both Balaam and Yeshu are in the passage together. In other words, it is self-contradicting to claim that the passages above about Balaam's mother being a harlot or dying young refer to Jesus and to claim that the passage above about Yeshu being punished also refers to Jesus. You can't have it both ways.

here is the link in the hebrew and english and the traanslations you will see that the yeshu is not jesus as i said the only peope that keep this mth alive is radical christians such as david duke and muslims as a matter of fact a muslim named ahmad asked this a few days ago and some jews answered him and even explained he was wrong but he didnt listen ill try to find a link to the question

http://www.angelfire.com/mt/talmud/jesus ...

and commrade is right jews dont have hell so how can jesus be in hell? hell is a mixture of persian and greek ideas
Included is some of the commentary that was posted along with the Talmud quote.

#18 Jul 30, 2014
Old GT wrote:
<quoted text>So just what is it? Does it say that about Jesus? That not average guy stuff.
Daniel is not a book of prophecy.

Location hidden

#19 Jul 31, 2014
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true at all.
Jews generally see Jesus as just another man. Most of his teachings are from the Pharisee school of Rabbi Hillel, which is where modern Judaism looks to many of its practices. That xianity is idolatry of course goes without saying, since the definition of idolatry is the worship of a false god. The Bible proves that Jesus was a false god, therefore xianity is idolatry.
Since Muslims give power to Satan, they cannot really be called monotheists, andy more than xians can.
Greetngs,

I'm NOT Muslim but I do study religion, and Islam does not give power to Satan. Islam teaches that Allah is Possessor of Power over all things. And Jesus' teachings cannot be attributed to any branch of Judaism; mainstream Judaism says that Jesus is in hell burning in excrement: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_in_the_Tal... .

Location hidden

#20 Jul 31, 2014
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, since he failed to fulfill the Messianic prophecies, it is obvious that he was not the Messiah.
Zechariah 13:7
Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the Lord of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones.

He didn't fulfill what prophecies?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A God Who Disagrees With The Data 1 min Blodewedd 180
The False Teachings of the Hebrew Israelites, s... (Jan '14) 1 hr Blodewedd 182
is it me or who else can see demons and angels ? (Nov '11) 2 hr Karen 278
Spirit bodies. 2 hr Carly 59
Why do you really believe in a god? 2 hr 10uhsee 652
Let's have a discussion, HG. (Oct '12) 3 hr GodSmacked 189
Christians made Jesus God, turnaround and call ... 3 hr Atheistgirl 11
Evidence Against God 3 hr 15th Dalai Lama 3,942
GS, defend this defamation of my character with... (Oct '12) 4 hr GodSmacked 975
More from around the web