God is just

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#145 Aug 1, 2014
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
Hallucinogenic mushrooms?
I was referring to the flying roll which was my diary. It said, "I broke my heel. They wanted to put in a cast, but I wouldn't let them". I've actually never broken a bone (Psalm 34:20) but this "scripture" has a deeper meaning. Something (maybe more than one) in the bible is broken but it doesn't mean that everything in the future is all broken together.
Thinking

Anonymous Proxy

#146 Aug 1, 2014
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I was referring to the flying roll which was my diary. It said, "I broke my heel. They wanted to put in a cast, but I wouldn't let them". I've actually never broken a bone (Psalm 34:20) but this "scripture" has a deeper meaning. Something (maybe more than one) in the bible is broken but it doesn't mean that everything in the future is all broken together.
I've never seen an ancient book telling about impossible things without a shred of evidence any of it is true that so many believe...Take the fear of death away and nobody would believe it at all..Those ancient people used animals for transportation and thought the earth was flat with the Middle East the only place on it..

If you want to learn the value of this ancient book called the Bible, watch the news on TV showing innocent men, women & children being slaughtered in the so called holey lands. If the bible was never written none of this would be going on..

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#147 Aug 1, 2014
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never seen an ancient book telling about impossible things without a shred of evidence any of it is true that so many believe...Take the fear of death away and nobody would believe it at all..Those ancient people used animals for transportation and thought the earth was flat with the Middle East the only place on it..
If you want to learn the value of this ancient book called the Bible, watch the news on TV showing innocent men, women & children being slaughtered in the so called holey lands. If the bible was never written none of this would be going on..
The fear of death is a good thing and it is because God is the Judge and can forgive. Ecclesiastes 12:13-14. "Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil". There is nothing you can do in secret that is not known. There is not even anything you can think that is not known. God is omniscient.

“Evi Limp”

Since: Mar 14

Impville, Hades

#148 Aug 1, 2014
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The God of Israel is the living God. Earth is "the land of the living". The Messiah (God) will be executed by Christians but will come back in a matter of days on the Mount of Olives. Zechariah 14:4. When that happens, the world will convert. Zechariah 14:9 "And the Lord shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one Lord, and his name one". I do believe as you do, there is some truth in all religions and that is what I practice.
sorry but this Earth is NOT living. It's increasingly a place of death. And I think you have your Messiah time line all wrong. And if your god becomes 'king' then kill me now. I don't want to live under a tyrant who can't make up their mind.
Thinking

Anonymous Proxy

#149 Aug 1, 2014
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The fear of death is a good thing and it is because God is the Judge and can forgive. Ecclesiastes 12:13-14. "Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil". There is nothing you can do in secret that is not known. There is not even anything you can think that is not known. God is omniscient.
You just proved the point I made in my last post to you..I don't fear death, only how much pain I might have to endure before the end..Knowing I'll soon be seeing my loved ones again that died before me will help pacify my pain in the dying process...

In your case, the fear of death you said you have is what makes you believe in a book about a god of love without a shred of evidence that it exists. As a matter of fact, there's plenty of evidence proving your god couldn't possibly exist. If the bible god exists, he/she would be derelict of it's duty for not being loving like the bible says. Love would be the christian showing the muslim koran believers they're believing in the wrong god.. If your loving god is real, and did this, all the religious violence between the 'so called' two great religions would have never happened..

Currently the bible god believers are at war with the koran god believers and innocent children are being torn the shreds with bible believers bombs..This only shows how demented the human mind can get if a person is driven to believe in impossible thing because of the fear of death like you have..

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#150 Aug 1, 2014
selatla wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry but this Earth is NOT living. It's increasingly a place of death. And I think you have your Messiah time line all wrong. And if your god becomes 'king' then kill me now. I don't want to live under a tyrant who can't make up their mind.
The Hebrew word for soul (body) is "nephesh" and it means "life". This is different from the spirit (Hebrew-ruach) which means "breath" or "wind". A lot of people confuse the two. The soul is mortal and everyone will die. The spirit is what lives on after the death of the body. It has always been Gods plan to live (forever) on earth and this goes as far back as the books of Job and Genesis. Job 19:25 "For I know that my redeemer lives, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth". We are living in the latter years of the present earth age when knowledge shall be increased. Daniel 12:4. When the Messiah (God) becomes king, "Truth shall spring out of the earth; and righteousness shall look down from heaven". Psalm 85:11. God is not a tyrant

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#151 Aug 1, 2014
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
You just proved the point I made in my last post to you..I don't fear death, only how much pain I might have to endure before the end..Knowing I'll soon be seeing my loved ones again that died before me will help pacify my pain in the dying process...
In your case, the fear of death you said you have is what makes you believe in a book about a god of love without a shred of evidence that it exists. As a matter of fact, there's plenty of evidence proving your god couldn't possibly exist. If the bible god exists, he/she would be derelict of it's duty for not being loving like the bible says. Love would be the christian showing the muslim koran believers they're believing in the wrong god.. If your loving god is real, and did this, all the religious violence between the 'so called' two great religions would have never happened..
Currently the bible god believers are at war with the koran god believers and innocent children are being torn the shreds with bible believers bombs..This only shows how demented the human mind can get if a person is driven to believe in impossible thing because of the fear of death like you have..
I actually do not fear death, Thinking. I had a vision of my own death about 31 years ago and I know I am going to heaven. But, like you, I am not looking forward to being killed. Nobody but myself and my 5 adopted children know where they're going after death. God does not love everybody. She loves the righteous who love her. It's actually a commandment and requirement to love God. All who hate her love death. Proverbs 8:36.
Questioning

Boulder, CO

#152 Aug 1, 2014
selatla wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry but this Earth is NOT living. It's increasingly a place of death. And I think you have your Messiah time line all wrong. And if your god becomes 'king' then kill me now. I don't want to live under a tyrant who can't make up their mind.
That is not true, its changing, squid and jellyfish populations are exploding. Nature will probably start making squid intelligent after we are gone.
Thinking

Anonymous Proxy

#153 Aug 1, 2014
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I actually do not fear death, Thinking. I had a vision of my own death about 31 years ago and I know I am going to heaven. But, like you, I am not looking forward to being killed. Nobody but myself and my 5 adopted children know where they're going after death. God does not love everybody. She loves the righteous who love her. It's actually a commandment and requirement to love God. All who hate her love death. Proverbs 8:36.
I commend you if you adopted 5 children..Other than that, your silence about what I posted to you is deafening, and it reveals the insecurity you have about your faith in an old book. This is what I say about your insecure faith.

Reality is not an opinion nor does it require faith.. We have eyes to see it, and a mind to decipher what it's showing us. Some people value the truth reality shows us, while others want to escape the harsh reality to seek refuge in something that requires faith. Faith is only necessary when there is no evidence to support what a person believe to be true.

Muslims believe their old book is true, Christians & Jews believe their old book is true. You can witness the results of this blind faith in old books on the news tonight hearing about hundreds of helpless little children and others being killed with bombs..That is the evidence of what old books of faith are worth!

“Evi Limp”

Since: Mar 14

Impville, Hades

#154 Aug 1, 2014
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The Hebrew word for soul (body) is "nephesh" and it means "life". This is different from the spirit (Hebrew-ruach) which means "breath" or "wind". A lot of people confuse the two. The soul is mortal and everyone will die. The spirit is what lives on after the death of the body. It has always been Gods plan to live (forever) on earth and this goes as far back as the books of Job and Genesis. Job 19:25 "For I know that my redeemer lives, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth". We are living in the latter years of the present earth age when knowledge shall be increased. Daniel 12:4. When the Messiah (God) becomes king, "Truth shall spring out of the earth; and righteousness shall look down from heaven". Psalm 85:11. God is not a tyrant
and yet again, like many a christian, you cannot speak for yourself. You have to paraphrase and reference this bible of yours. I can do that too. It's very simple (minded). God's plan is to have many slaves sing his praise day and night. And those who will not slobber all over his feet in a mindless rage of worship will die. This is the god you pray too. I'm sorry you do not see this as the fundamental truth of the whole bible/religion. It's kind of sad, really.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#155 Aug 1, 2014
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
I commend you if you adopted 5 children..Other than that, your silence about what I posted to you is deafening, and it reveals the insecurity you have about your faith in an old book. This is what I say about your insecure faith.
Reality is not an opinion nor does it require faith.. We have eyes to see it, and a mind to decipher what it's showing us. Some people value the truth reality shows us, while others want to escape the harsh reality to seek refuge in something that requires faith. Faith is only necessary when there is no evidence to support what a person believe to be true.
Muslims believe their old book is true, Christians & Jews believe their old book is true. You can witness the results of this blind faith in old books on the news tonight hearing about hundreds of helpless little children and others being killed with bombs..That is the evidence of what old books of faith are worth!
Since getting my first computer and joining this forum about 18 months ago, I have changed some of my core beliefs. I no longer believe the bible is perfect and without error. I also now believe the flood of Noah was local and it covered only the entire known world. On the other hand, I have seen many, many prophecies from the bible literally fulfilled and I am confident the bible (OT) is generally reliable. I am not a Christian and my God is the living God of the Jews. I believe Christians serve Satan, although they don't know it.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#156 Aug 1, 2014
selatla wrote:
<quoted text>
and yet again, like many a christian, you cannot speak for yourself. You have to paraphrase and reference this bible of yours. I can do that too. It's very simple (minded). God's plan is to have many slaves sing his praise day and night. And those who will not slobber all over his feet in a mindless rage of worship will die. This is the god you pray too. I'm sorry you do not see this as the fundamental truth of the whole bible/religion. It's kind of sad, really.
First off, I am not a Christian. They are in the grip of Satan (Adam the serpent) who has always wanted to be worshipped. Thru his counterfeit messiah (Jesus/Lucifer), Satan is worshipped as God. Most people find my religious beliefs rather bizarre and they are unique to my theology. My beliefs are the product of 31 years of intense study of the scriptures, OT. I believe the NT to be the doctrine of Satan. There are no laws in Christianity, but in Judaism there are 613. When God comes, she will establish a new covenant with all of mankind. Only the righteous go to heaven and there is no "get out of hell free" card. Both the wicked and the righteous come in all races, creeds, and colors.
Thinking

Anonymous Proxy

#157 Aug 1, 2014
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Since getting my first computer and joining this forum about 18 months ago, I have changed some of my core beliefs. I no longer believe the bible is perfect and without error. I also now believe the flood of Noah was local and it covered only the entire known world. On the other hand, I have seen many, many prophecies from the bible literally fulfilled and I am confident the bible (OT) is generally reliable. I am not a Christian and my God is the living God of the Jews. I believe Christians serve Satan, although they don't know it.
You can't even focus on what I wrote and answer it. Instead you come back with your bizarre twisted statements..For this reason I'm 100% certain none of the States in the US would let you adopt 1 child let alone the 5 you said you have in an earlier post..You're one sick individual...
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

#158 Aug 4, 2014
Questioning wrote:
<quoted text> Math was not invented by man it was discovered, single celled organism use math. Mathematics is simply the system of relationships that exist in our universe. You see pi existed long before man, circles, triangles were invented before man and they were invented by God, they were invented by nature as solutions to organization, SOLUTIONS TO THE ORGANIZATION OF MATTER BY A WHOM OR A WHAT, end of argument. It is indisputable that our intelligence is fashioned by something with a far greater intelligence whether you call that nature or GOD it is your choice but it is indisputable and I have proved the existence of GOD as I like to call that higher power.
Once you wade through all of the clutter, you are making a claim that everything that occurs in nature was fashioned by something of greater intelligence than man. Because things occur naturally, and one of these occurring things are the relationships that exist in our universe, you claim these occurrences MUST have been created by God, or a higher power which you also call God.

First you have provided no answer as to why the relationships that exist in out universe could not have occurred naturally without any outside influence.

Second you have no information other than a preconceived notion, that any higher power exists. Because the universe has natural laws that govern certain aspect does NOT point to a higher power. As I have said these laws could have occurred naturally, or for that matter, could have always existed.

The Hawking-Hartle proposal is a no-boundary proposal that the universe is infinitely finite. In this state the universe has always existed and the laws that govern the universe have also always existed, no creator or higher power needed.

You make the same mistake primitive man made, you see something and can't explain it, you assume a God or higher power is responsible. In your case, you see organization, order, and because you can't imagine another explanation, you default to God. Not very intelligent.

The math you think proves God is simply the language that helps cosmologists and Physicists explain naturally occurring phenomena.

The relationships were discovered by man, the MATH is the system used to discover these relationships. You seem to have the cart before the horse here. And NO, single cell organisms do NOT use math, LOL

"You see pi existed long before man, circles, triangles were invented before man and they were invented by God," This is called a positive statement, an assertion, for which you shoulder the burden of proof. You now are required to provide evidence that A, a God of any variety exists, and B that he/she/it invented anything, especially math. Using the relationships and the organization found in nature to prove God is called circular reasoning. Prove God exists. No one on the face of the planet has ever been able to do so. 250,000 years of mankind looking to the sky and claiming thousands of Gods exist, no have ever been able to provide indisputable evidence. You'd be the first human ever, go for it!!!!
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

#159 Aug 4, 2014
Questioning wrote:
<quoted text> I dont worship or read the Old Testament, that book is for filthy ungodly jews
So I guess that means you throw out the 10 commandments, you know the ones found in the Old Testament.

And I wasn't aware that people of the Jewish faith went unwashed, and were without their God, who knew!!!!!
Questioning

Boulder, CO

#160 Aug 4, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Once you wade through all of the clutter, you are making a claim that everything that occurs in nature was fashioned by something of greater intelligence than man. Because things occur naturally, and one of these occurring things are the relationships that exist in our universe, you claim these occurrences MUST have been created by God, or a higher power which you also call God.
First you have provided no answer as to why the relationships that exist in out universe could not have occurred naturally without any outside influence.
Second you have no information other than a preconceived notion, that any higher power exists. Because the universe has natural laws that govern certain aspect does NOT point to a higher power. As I have said these laws could have occurred naturally, or for that matter, could have always existed.
The Hawking-Hartle proposal is a no-boundary proposal that the universe is infinitely finite. In this state the universe has always existed and the laws that govern the universe have also always existed, no creator or higher power needed.
You make the same mistake primitive man made, you see something and can't explain it, you assume a God or higher power is responsible. In your case, you see organization, order, and because you can't imagine another explanation, you default to God. Not very intelligent.
The math you think proves God is simply the language that helps cosmologists and Physicists explain naturally occurring phenomena.
The relationships were discovered by man, the MATH is the system used to discover these relationships. You seem to have the cart before the horse here. And NO, single cell organisms do NOT use math, LOL
"You see pi existed long before man, circles, triangles were invented before man and they were invented by God," This is called a positive statement, an assertion, for which you shoulder the burden of proof. You now are required to provide evidence that A, a God of any variety exists, and B that he/she/it invented anything, especially math. Using the relationships and the organization found in nature to prove God is called circular reasoning. Prove God exists. No one on the face of the planet has ever been able to do so. 250,000 years of mankind looking to the sky and claiming thousands of Gods exist, no have ever been able to provide indisputable evidence. You'd be the first human ever, go for it!!!!
Hawking is a poor choice, he is never right. Let me use finite math . Intelligence is a subset of elements within the in a set called nature, man is a subset of elements within the set of Nature, all of man is a set of elements which exists within the set of nature not all elements of nature exists within the set man not all elements of intelligence resides in the set called man ( sharks have 7 senses) but all elements of intelligence can be said to reside in the set called nature. I have just proven the existence of a higher power that exists outside of man with math. This cannot be disproven. Now kneel. I am much smarter than Stephen Hawking. Good Grief.
Questioning

Boulder, CO

#161 Aug 4, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>So I guess that means you throw out the 10 commandments, you know the ones found in the Old Testament.
And I wasn't aware that people of the Jewish faith went unwashed, and were without their God, who knew!!!!!
Well I think Jesus summed up the 10 commandments in the golden rule

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#162 Aug 5, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>So I guess that means you throw out the 10 commandments, you know the ones found in the Old Testament.
And I wasn't aware that people of the Jewish faith went unwashed, and were without their God, who knew!!!!!
Satan attempts to counterfeit the things of God including his Messiah and his word. The NT is the doctrine of Satan. Job 31:35. "...my desire is, that the Almighty would answer me, and that mine adversary had written a book". Satan means "adversary". The OT is the word of the living God. Jesus came for the wicked and the God of Israel is coming for the righteous. Psalm 35:27. "Let them shout for joy, and be glad, that favor my righteous cause..." Only the righteous have hope in their death and only righteousness delivers from death. The righteous meek will inherit the earth with God at the time of the resurrection.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

#163 Aug 5, 2014
Questioning wrote:
<quoted text>
Hawking is a poor choice, he is never right. Let me use finite math . Intelligence is a subset of elements within the in a set called nature, man is a subset of elements within the set of Nature, all of man is a set of elements which exists within the set of nature not all elements of nature exists within the set man not all elements of intelligence resides in the set called man ( sharks have 7 senses) but all elements of intelligence can be said to reside in the set called nature. I have just proven the existence of a higher power that exists outside of man with math. This cannot be disproven. Now kneel. I am much smarter than Stephen Hawking. Good Grief.
That Hawking is NEVER right is a very strong statement, he's a scientist, science and it's findings change with the discovery of new information, I'll sorry you don't know how science works.

Let me see here, I have a choice between a hypothesis formed by one of the smartest man on the planet, or someone who thinks single cells use Math, and that somehow we will have intelligent calamari in the future..........hummmmm. tough choice!!!!!

Your very first premiss is wrong, intelligence is the result of a brain, if you want to say the brain is made from certain elements thats fine, but actual intelligence comes from a brain. Intelligence is the ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills. Intelligence has NOTHING to do with elements. Elements by themselves can't think.

"not all elements of intelligence resides in the set called man." There is no such thing as "elements of intelligence." Once again, elements can't be intelligent.

You're making this shit up as you go, and not doing a very good job of it. LOL

You have proven nothing with math, and certainly NOT a higher power.

ALL of your basic premisses are foolish, none have any validity, all are simply your opinion. You have no science to back up your ridiculous claim.

And you still haven't answered my question. How do you know that all of these naturally occurring laws that govern the universe could not have happened naturally? How do you KNOW that the universe doesn't have boundaries and has always existed, no higher power needed?

This is how foolish your premiss is..You take something that we know about (The laws of the universe) these laws were realized by men using a language we call MATH, and you extrapolate that the only thing that could cause these laws was a higher power. You dismiss every other possibility, in the end you are NO different from primitive man who when confronted with the unexplained, immediately defaulted to a God or Gods. It's a very UNINTELLIGENT way to do business.

You are one of those who have a preconceived notion about the origins of the universe, like any other small minded Christian or Theist, you then use information known to science and build your case for God around this knowledge. Your preconceived notion prevents you from a journey of discovery.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

#164 Aug 5, 2014
Questioning wrote:
<quoted text> Well I think Jesus summed up the 10 commandments in the golden rule
I do believe the golden rules serve mankind much better than the 10 commandments. When we consider that the first 4 commandments deal with a God who's sense of vanity is embarrassing. Do you really think a God should possess human frailties such as anger and vanity? If Jesus left off the first 4 commandments then I'm with him, even though I doubt he actually existed, at least not in the way portrayed by Christians.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
If you see demons or angels you have schizophre... (Nov '09) Fri Katelynn 116
Some Kinda Preacher (Tribute to Billy Graham) b... Feb 21 bruce 1
Bible says Satan will be Destroyed, Not Live Fo... (Apr '10) Feb 21 Rand M Sutor 815
The Baptist Church (Jan '08) Feb 21 Rand M Sutor 46
Don't Blame God! Feb 20 dollarsbill 7
Hellmouth: Capitalism Deities Feb 19 Abishai100 1
What Does God Hate? Feb 19 True or False 1
More from around the web