Christians: Is this a Bible contradic...
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#71 Jul 13, 2014
Hell-Sucks wrote:
Hi Bro Love!!
And a hearty hello to you, dear Sister.
Hell-Sucks wrote:
Another extraordinary post from you, I see. Very good!!
Thank you, very much. I appreciate the compliment.
Hell-Sucks wrote:
Another interesting note is that Ken, you, and I all with a post on the same page in the last 24 hours. When was the last time that happened?? Oh, for the good ole days .... hehe.
Interesting note, indeed.
Hell-Sucks wrote:
I will be in touch. I am fighting excessive heat and humidity this week so don't stay at my pc any longer than need be.
You and I, both, Sister!
Hell-Sucks wrote:
1 Corinthians 9:
25 Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.
Excellent verse.
Hell-Sucks wrote:
Keep fighting the GOOD fight my Brother!!
Likewise, my dear Sister.

Until next time...

May you remain the Shalowm of our 'Elohiym.
Old GT

Carmel, IN

#72 Jul 13, 2014
Prince of Darkness wrote:
<quoted text>
I rely on science, which relies on the scientific method of proof... never failed yet.... you rely on beliefs aka opinions which is the domain of the ignorant, gullible and dimwits....
scientific theories such as evolution, Big Bang, relativity, etc. are all proven, validated and accepted by the entire scientific community...your bronze age fairy tales are accepted by low IQ dimwits who don't ask for validation.... they just go with the brainwashing
No one has "proved" or "validated" evolution or big bang.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#73 Jul 14, 2014
Dearest Topix-regulars and visitors,

I read the comment, but for the life of me, I had no inclination to contribute my opinion...

...until now.

Any theory that's been "proven" and/or "validated" are no longer theories. Any theory that's been "proven" and/or "validated" becomes "fact." It's shameful and downright deceitful for any educator to teach theories as facts. And with that being said...

I believe, as a 30-year student of the Bible, that the so-called "Big Bang" theory is quite possible. Not actually probable, but definitely possible. Even if the "Big Bang" theory is, indeed, factual, it's a must we ponder the origins of the material that caused the so-called "Big Bang." The perfect language of mathematics proves that 0+0=0, so even scientists must admit that either, an intelligent being created the original material, or that our great universe actually has no point of origin. Interestingly enough, the latter theory is what Science now suggests more than any other, because Science realized that such a simple mathematical formula does more-than-suggest evidence of a creator. In any case, the so-called "Big Bang" theory does not disprove the Genesis records. The so-called "Big Bang" theory would fit quite well in Genesis 1:1. There's nothing in Genesis 1:1, or between Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2, that even suggests a duration of time.

I believe, as a 30-year student of the Bible, that the so-called "Evolution" theory cannot be possible for quite a few reasonable reasons. I'll only explain a couple of my doubts now.

First, fossil records provide no evidence of any transformation, mutation, or what-have-you, for any species, at any time. Considering the duration of time that Science suggests took place for living things to evolve, it's improbable that any evolution occurred when we take into consideration that not one fossil has been found that provides us evidence of the evolution process.

Secondly, it's a must that we take into consideration the fact that based on recorded history and our cohabitation with the creatures on this planet, it would seem that the process of evolution had come to a screeching halt long ago. Science suggests that because the process of evolution occurs over such an extended expanse of time, that it's unlikely that mankind could witness the evolution of any creature. But, the fact of the matter is, regardless of this proposed duration, evidence of, at the very least, three things would coexist, even today. The first would be the original and primary state of the creature. The second would be the so-called "bridge." The last would be the result. For example, if humans were to fly, then on this earth, right now, would exist humans without wings and, if anything, humans with what would appear like the ongoing process of the formation of wings. In an ideal situation, all three would coexist simultaneously - humans without wings, humans with forming wings, and humans with wings. But, no such evidence exists, whatsoever, in any known species.

Lastly and if memory serves me correctly, the so-called "Theory of Evolution" is, for the most part, based on Darwin's noticing that tadpoles looked somewhat similar to the human sperm-cell. But, regardless of any similarities whatsoever, similarities cannot serve as evidence.

Thank you all for your time and consideration.

“Let Your Heart Shine”

Since: May 14

Lincoln, NE

#74 Jul 14, 2014
Brother Lee Love wrote:
Dearest Topix-regulars and visitors,
I read the comment, but for the life of me, I had no inclination to contribute my opinion...
...until now.

Thank you all for your time and consideration.
Excellent. An entirely new perspective. And if you think about this verse:

Gen. 1:

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

In the beginning of what? God is not created. He created all, but He had not just begun, correct?

Peace and Prosperity my Good Brother!!

;*:*;
messianic114

Calgary, Canada

#75 Jul 14, 2014
Prince of Darkness wrote:
<quoted text>
yep... it is on the Smithsonian website....
http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence
add to the fact it is accepted by the entire scientific community, taught in all schools and even the Catholic church, the biggest christian denomination, accepts it... now your evidence for any supernatural... not opinions, but hard evidence...
Firstly it is not accepted by the entire scientific community.
Secondly are schools and the Catholic church qualified to determine if it is true? Remember the same church thought is wasn't true before. Also schools didn't think it was true before and Louisiana doesn't recognize evolution as the only answer.

The link only deals with the dating of fossils, it says nothing about how one animal evolves into another.
Again you post something which doesn't answer the question.
Did you understand the question?
Conclusion since you didn't produce evidence on a subject in which evidence is supposedly the reason we believe it, why should I produce evidence for a field which doesn't claim any hard evidence exists?
jesus is

Doonside, Australia

#81 Jul 16, 2014
bump bump

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
YESHUA SAID DONT TRUST Pharisses!!!! 26 min Barmsweb 148
gen 49: 27 43 min Barmsweb 93
Bible Interpretation 51 min Barmsweb 487
Scientific Proof Of GOD(for dummies) (Mar '16) 1 hr truth 2,833
Intelligent People Question Everything 1 hr Jesus Is 26
WHICH of the 3 ACCOUNTS IS CORRECT????? (Jan '16) 2 hr janeebee 196
Poll The Greatest Threat to America's Security (Sep '15) 6 hr I love Jesus 4,140
Mother Teresa a Saint? What a cruel Joke!!! 8 hr I love Jesus 187
More from around the web