Christians: Is this a Bible contradic...

Christians: Is this a Bible contradiction?

Posted in the Christian Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#1 Jun 25, 2014
Peace,

I'm not a Christian but I was thinking about this today: the Bible says in one place that there is no male and female in Christ (Galatians 3:28,) then in another place it says that the man is the head of the woman (1 Corinthians 11:3.)

Isn't this a contradiction? How can there be no male and female, then the book acknowledges different places for men and women?

Peace,
nunnies
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

#2 Jun 25, 2014
Do yourself a favor and just read what Jesus taught if you want to know anything about being a Christian.

Paul said many contradictory things that people contort their brains to make any sense of - don't even bother with him.
Old GT

Carmel, IN

#3 Jun 25, 2014
nunnies wrote:
Peace,
I'm not a Christian but I was thinking about this today: the Bible says in one place that there is no male and female in Christ (Galatians 3:28,) then in another place it says that the man is the head of the woman (1 Corinthians 11:3.)
Isn't this a contradiction? How can there be no male and female, then the book acknowledges different places for men and women?
Peace,
nunnies
Everyone's spiritual status with Christ is equal, Gal 3:28.
1 Co 11:3 is about the marriage relationship.
Old GT

Carmel, IN

#5 Jun 25, 2014
PRINCE OF DARKNESS wrote:
<quoted text>
cool, show us what he taught...especially since the dolt didn't even know how to read and write.....and we have no originals and the authors of the bible are unknown..back to the end of the line and keep trying...
Most Jews knew how to read, Luke 4:17.
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

#6 Jun 25, 2014
<quoted text>
cool, show us what he taught...especially since the dolt didn't even know how to read and write.....and we have no originals and the authors of the bible are unknown..back to the end of the line and keep trying...
He knew your father well and had many keen things to say regarding those who were not able to hear His words of God.

What makes you think Jesus didn't know how to read and write? One account has his reading from Isaiah in the Synagogue. Another has him writing something on the ground.

What He taught was already written - everything He taught was from the Torah, Psalms and Prophets in the OT.

So your comment is completely without any knowledge of the topic.

Now go back to your nonsense and have fun telling lies.
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

#7 Jun 25, 2014
Nothing quite so good as the Topix server?;-)

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#8 Jun 26, 2014
Barnsweb wrote:
Paul said many contradictory things that people contort their brains to make any sense of - don't even bother with him.
God called you IGNORANT! I believe Him.

Location hidden

#9 Jun 26, 2014
Old GT wrote:
<quoted text> Everyone's spiritual status with Christ is equal, Gal 3:28.
1 Co 11:3 is about the marriage relationship.
Please see my reply here: http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/christian... . It is exactly the same sentiment that I would express here.

Peace,
nuunies
messianic114

Canada

#10 Jun 26, 2014
You have to read things in context. The verses you cite are about two different subjects.
On another subject Topix is probably the worst place to get religious advice.

Location hidden

#11 Jun 27, 2014
messianic114 wrote:
You have to read things in context. The verses you cite are about two different subjects.
On another subject Topix is probably the worst place to get religious advice.
Greetings messianic114,

The context of those verses changes nothing. They are a plain contradiction and I challenge you to show how the context changes anything.

Peace.
nunnies
Old GT

Carmel, IN

#12 Jul 1, 2014
nunnies wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings messianic114,
The context of those verses changes nothing. They are a plain contradiction and I challenge you to show how the context changes anything.
Peace.
nunnies
nonsense. there is no possible contradiction if it's different subjects.
I hope you are just playing dumb.

Location hidden

#15 Jul 1, 2014
Old GT wrote:
<quoted text>nonsense. there is no possible contradiction if it's different subjects.
I hope you are just playing dumb.
I think that your denial is going to hurt you, Sir or Ma'am.

The subject means nothing. One Scripture says there is no male and female, then the other passage talks about different places for men and women ("the man is the head of the woman" lol.)

You are not hurting me with your DENIAL. You are only hurting you, with all due respect.

If you say that God meant "spiritually, there is neither male nor female" or whatever, then why did He not say that? Like I asked you before, does He need help expressing Himself clearly?

I know that God does not need help expressing Himself clearly. The Bible has been called, "the poison book" because of how men have handled it.

Peace,
nunnies
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

#16 Jul 1, 2014
<quoted text>
show us one written document from him....tell us what he looked like douche bag....there isn't even a sketch or drawing of him anywhere...
relying on a book fables and myths is far from credible... bible also say the earth is flat and there were talking donkey and snakes... about your mental level...
your only source for your jesus legends is the bible....if that is credible , then Greek mythology and Egyptian writings about Osiris are older and more credible since we have originals...
See Joseph Seiss, The Gospel of the Stars.

There is more evidence than what we see or have written in books of the Bible, yet they all declare truth.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#18 Jul 1, 2014
The Nazarene's crucifixion is nothing new. Acts 5:30 The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree. I Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

The Norse God Odin preceded Jesus the Christ. Odin hung from a tree and experienced a death of sorts to obtain knowledge. Through being "reborn," he obtained gnosis [advanced spiritual knowledge], as did the Egyptian God Set who was “crucified” on a “cross” known as a furka.1 In addition, Krishna, Marsyas, Dodonian, and Zeus also hung from trees.
FSM

Melbourne, Australia

#19 Jul 2, 2014
nunnies wrote:
Peace,
Peace,
nunnies
Are you a Muslim?

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#20 Jul 2, 2014
swerty wrote:
The Nazarene's crucifixion is nothing new. Acts 5:30 The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree. I Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
The Norse God Odin preceded Jesus the Christ. Odin hung from a tree and experienced a death of sorts to obtain knowledge. Through being "reborn," he obtained gnosis [advanced spiritual knowledge], as did the Egyptian God Set who was “crucified” on a “cross” known as a furka.1 In addition, Krishna, Marsyas, Dodonian, and Zeus also hung from trees.
Satanic imitations!

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#21 Jul 2, 2014
The God of the Bible also allows slavery, including selling your own daughter as a sex slave (Exodus 21:1-11), child abuse (Judges 11:29-40 and Isaiah 13:16), and bashing babies against rocks (Hosea 13:16 & Psalms 137:9). invented by inbred savages in the middle east
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>Satanic imitations!

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#22 Jul 2, 2014
swerty wrote:
The God of the Bible also allows slavery, including selling your own daughter as a sex slave (Exodus 21:1-11), child abuse (Judges 11:29-40 and Isaiah 13:16), and bashing babies against rocks (Hosea 13:16 & Psalms 137:9). invented by inbred savages in the middle east <quoted text>
IOW, you're DAMNED as Jesus told you.

Location hidden

#24 Jul 2, 2014
FSM wrote:
<quoted text>Are you a Muslim?
No, I am NOT. I do believe in submission to "God" (the LORD Most High) but I am not a member of any Muslim community, nor a follower of Prophet Muhammad, nor the Honorable Elijah Muhammad.
disciples

United States

#27 Jul 2, 2014
Barnsweb wrote:
<quoted text>
See Joseph Seiss, The Gospel of the Stars.
There is more evidence than what we see or have written in books of the Bible, yet they all declare truth.
Wrong 'Cobweb' the evidence is in the book you claim to know....the bible. Rev. 1:13-15; 2:18; Dan 10:5-6: and 9:7; ezek. 40:3. That's the first place you should have directed him to look for evidence. Wow you christians really don't know anything do you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Just A Talk With You Christians. 47 min Jake999 491
People 1 hr Jesus Is 14
Why did Christ come to Earth? 2 hr Barmsweb 723
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 3 hr Laci Ann 7 20,835
What If God Was Non-Existent? 5 hr Seentheotherside 22
The Moral Failure Of Christians 5 hr little lamb 312
our Father who art in Heaven.... 5 hr little lamb 7
Intelligent People Question Everything 6 hr ROG 889
Why lie about the truth? Christian mistranslat... 6 hr Seentheotherside 1,332
More from around the web