A New Christian Thread
Sola Scriptura

Statts Mills, WV

#498 Oct 20, 2012
FSM wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, so it rained for 40 days, then water covered the highest mountains by more than 20 feet. Somewhere between day 40 and 150, the flood reached its peak. On day 224, the tops of the mountains became visible again. The Earth wasn't dry until day 370.
1) If the flood was localized, why did the water take so long to recede?
"Never again will all life be destroyed by the waters of a flood; never again will there be a flood to destroy the earth.(Genesis 9:11)
2) Does every localized flood break that covenant?
In answer, I will copy and paste a few paragraphs that match my understanding. It just says it better and faster than I could. You may want to read the entire article.

http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/loca...

Many Christians maintain that the Bible says that the flood account of Genesis requires an interpretation that states that the waters of the flood covered the entire earth. If you read our English Bibles, you will probably come to this conclusion if you don't read the text too closely and if you fail to consider the rest of your Bible. Like most other Genesis stories, the flood account is found in more places than just Genesis. If you read the sidebar, you will discover that Psalm 104 directly eliminates any possibility of the flood being global (see Psalm 104-9 - Does it refer to the Original Creation or the Flood?). In order to accept a global flood, you must reject Psalm 104 and the inerrancy of the Bible. If you like to solve mysteries on your own, you might want to read the flood account first and find the biblical basis for a local flood.

Does the Genesis text indicate that the flood was local? If you read it carefully, you can determine that the perspective is local. Most English translations are actually interpretations that are intentionally skewed to favor a global flood interpretation. For example, Genesis 7:20 is usually translated as:

The water prevailed fifteen cubits higher, and the mountains were covered.(Genesis 7:20)

In reality, the Hebrew word ma&#8219;al, translated "higher" really means "upward." So, in essence, the text is saying that the flood was 15 cubits (20 feet) deep, in total, not 15 cubits above the mountains. In addition, the Hebrew word har really refers most often to hills rather than mountains. See below.

The translators of most English Bibles use the word "earth," which to us means "planet earth." However, their mistranslation can clearly be seen in the following passage:
•Gen 8:5 And the water decreased steadily until the tenth month; in the tenth month, on the first day of the month, the tops of the mountains became visible.
•Gen 8:6 Then it came about at the end of forty days, that Noah opened the window of the ark which he had made;
•Gen 8:7 and he sent out a raven, and it flew here and there until the water was dried up from the earth.
•Gen 8:8 Then he sent out a dove from him, to see if the water was abated from the face of the land;
•Gen 8:9 but the dove found no resting place for the sole of her foot, so she returned to him into the ark; for the water was on the surface of all the earth. Then he put out his hand and took her, and brought her into the ark to himself.
Sola Scriptura

Statts Mills, WV

#500 Oct 20, 2012
FSM wrote:
<quoted text>The details of Psalm 104 seem a lot like the Genesis 7-8 flood. How do you know they're not one and the same?
I just posted a response that covers that very issue. And will post more.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#501 Oct 20, 2012
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
Hogwash. You and Nettie have talked about me. And I will post to WHO I want WHENEVER I WANT AND TALK ABOUT WHO OR WHATEVER I WANT, GOT THAT? YOU are no ones boss.
LOL The more you post the more you sound like every other God hater on these boards. Maybe you should just shut up and go away while you at least SOUND like a Christian. lol
"You and Nettie have talked about me."

Hey CD,
Did you know that the hairs in Waynes nose are longer than the hairs on his head?
Don't tell anybody.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#502 Oct 20, 2012
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
There IS no underlying theme to this thread. Bible discussion was the only goal. Between believers AND non-believers.
Wayne, it was a joke.
Sola Scriptura

Statts Mills, WV

#503 Oct 20, 2012
FSM wrote:
<quoted text>The details of Psalm 104 seem a lot like the Genesis 7-8 flood. How do you know they're not one and the same?
The flood of Psalms 104 leads up to creation.

Take the 3rd verse...

Psalms 104:3 Who layeth the beams of his chambers in the waters: who maketh the clouds his chariot: who walketh upon the wings of the wind:

This is obviously the CREATION of Genesis 1. The WATERS are ALREADY there.

In verse 5 we also see that the world was built to LAST FOREVER. It will not be destroyed as some doomsayers say.

Psalms 104:5 Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever.

In the following verse, verse 6, we see that it was COVERED with water ALREADY. Noah is not mentioned here. No mention of any ark.

Psalms 104:6 Thou coveredst it with the deep as with a garment: the waters stood above the mountains.

THIS IS is the WORLDWIDE flood, NOT Noahs...

Psalms 104:7 At thy rebuke they fled; at the voice of thy thunder they hasted away.

Psalms 104:8 They go up by the mountains; they go down by the valleys unto the place which thou hast founded for them.

STILL no mention of Noah or an ark...

Psalms 104:9 Thou hast set a bound that they may not pass over; that they turn not again to cover the earth.

Not until verse 14 is man mentioned and THAT is the FIRST creation man, the man that was given the herbs of the field to eat. Noah and his progeny were already meat eaters.

Psalms 104:14 He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth;

Now, whether this shows you the Psalms flood is different than the flood of Noah is up to you. To me it is obvious.
Sola Scriptura

Statts Mills, WV

#504 Oct 20, 2012
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Wayne, it was a joke.
Really? LOL LOL LOL LOL I'm laughing.

“Only Biblical methods will ”

Since: Apr 10

help bring others to Christ

#505 Oct 20, 2012
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
Heartburns a bummer.
Me and my BETTER HALF just celebrated 26 years together today.
Sorry I am a day late, but happy Anniversary and congratulations. I do not post on Topix frequently any more, but 26 years is worth a big high five!
Sola Scriptura

Statts Mills, WV

#506 Oct 20, 2012
Seriously__ wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry I am a day late, but happy Anniversary and congratulations. I do not post on Topix frequently any more, but 26 years is worth a big high five!
Thanks!

“Right To Die With Dignity ”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#507 Oct 20, 2012
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>"You and Nettie have talked about me."
Hey CD,
Did you know that the hairs in Waynes nose are longer than the hairs on his head?
Don't tell anybody.
Sola Scriptura
Hurricane, WV
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#4803 hrs ago

Judged:111
COOTERDOG wrote:
<quoted text>Sola Scriptura
Hurricane, WV
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#24520
Sola Scriptura wrote:
"Ojhhhhh I SCARED!! How about I start reporting YOU for stalking? I could do it too you little snot. lol
12/20/2012"
Patriot

Broomfield, CO

#509 Oct 20, 2012

Location hidden

#511 Oct 20, 2012
Oscar Wilde Ones wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, you mean cursing, stalking, harassing and breaking TOS rules gets you banned. Well, some better had better tell Topix or you best be reporting your friends who do this. The hypocrisy of Topix is juvenile.
Written 10-20-12 Using another nic of their multiple nics to bait and flame.

Location hidden

#512 Oct 20, 2012
Oscar Wilde Ones wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, it sucks when the the purpose of the thread is called Nettie's Pit Stop and these gang of hooligans attack and bait posters, then report them when they respond that. I love it when you go back and copy a poster's exact post from the past and post it to them, using their own words, and then they report their own words. What is disgusting is when freaks come to Topix to harass, and they get a sexual turn-on by it.
I know, we never mention names.
Written 10-20-12 Using another nic of their multiple nics to bait and flame.

Location hidden

#513 Oct 20, 2012
Since: Sep 12
Palmdale, CA
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#403846Sunday Sep 30

Judged:111
USN Atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Awwwwwwww......someone's getting pissy again and losing composure. Caps lock is the first sign of losing it...the buybull verses shouldn't be too far behind.
I have to admit Oscar(can I call you Oscar?), early on you don't do too bad of a job. You come out of the gate strong but somewhere around the 2nd turn you lose steam. Right now you are rounding the third turn and obviously struggling. Maybe calling it an evening would behoove you before you really have a tantrum...that would be so embarrassing - believe me, I have seen "viking" do it and it is an embarrassment. It takes him several days to recover.
Just some friendly advice...
Really, cap locks is a sign of losing composure, gosh, I am going to have to tell Sony, HP and all the other computer companies,because they did not know. Oh, you think you have a chance, wrong. This is light stuff. I have been posting on Topix for 4 years now, and i HAVE NEVER BEEN beat. Not possible. If I am wrong, then I refocus and redirect. So far, I have neveer had to, so pissy lil girls like you get all nmad and start whining and hissing to each other.

But, that is okay, I only expose what is already there. Like Grace saying Moron, when the post was not even to her.

So,know this child, I have gone around Topix at least 5000 times in 4 years and I only get stronger. Like, I said, this is light weight. You will either claim to hate me, or admit that you hate God, you and your dad. Notice, how I put you in the middle.

Here is the advise for you: one- I can do this on 5 threads at once, 10 if I want to; two I am better than a chess master, because I add elements of Poker to my play. In other words, when you think of a move, I already made it last year and I make 10 moves at a time and you never know which one is in play.

This is just mental gymnastics for me, I make the rules, because you folks are not smart enough to challenge me.

Now, you are going to be tempted to claim this is hot air and that I am blowing smoke, and that Christians can not be so smart, well give me this answer and we can start.

Give me the math proves need to prove a simple math problem like 1+1 =2, without that simple proof, you know nothing and you are a school robot regurgitating answers to problems that you do not know how to solve.

B.S., right??????
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TSHQAVD...

Location hidden

#514 Oct 20, 2012
QUOTE who="Oscar Wilde Ones"quoted textAnd LIAR Gracey, there was not one word about gays in my post. So, you must be having gay issues. When Jesus cast out demons and told us to go into the land and cast out demons in His name, you know he was talking about homosexual demons.
How can an active gay, be a Christians? Genesis 1:26-31 AND 1 Corinthians 7:2?
Surely, you know these verses and don't get angry with me, God wrote these words, not me or you.
Now, go pray that demon out of you, before it builds a fortress.
Now, learn to play nice with Christians, not just the people that will be okay with you drinking to excess in bars, clubs, home, etc.
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TSHQAVD...

Location hidden

#515 Oct 20, 2012
QUOTE who="Oscar Wilde Ones"quoted textYes, child of satan, we talk ot your daddy satan, and we tell him to heel, sit and obey the name of Jesus and we cast down all the evil that he sets upon you. You thought your dad was a wolf, but he is satan, the gay punk, whom Jesus whipped. Jesus is Lord of All. http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TSHQAVD...
Sola Scriptura

Statts Mills, WV

#517 Oct 20, 2012
Patriot wrote:
Since it is not taught in scripture, it is fiction.

Location hidden

#518 Oct 20, 2012

Location hidden

#519 Oct 20, 2012
Sola Scriptura wrote:
Cooter, get your whiny ass off this thread and go cry somewhere else please.
Written 10-20-12

Location hidden

#520 Oct 20, 2012

Location hidden

#521 Oct 20, 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
DID DOLLARSBILL HAVE a STROKE and DIE? 3 min Your mommas pussi 103
The end times started when Jesus walked this ea... 6 min dollarsbill 84
How Christians are to Test the Spirits - 1 John... 10 hr AlertChristians 1
Are Your Beliefs TRUE? 11 hr Big Al 867
Atheist should be treated as Addicts 21 hr blacklagoon 3 12
All Anonymous Fellowships Like Alcoholics Anony... Tue AlertChristians 1
Battling Life Threatening Flesh Eating Sex Demo... Tue trumpthedotard 20
More from around the web