First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#25 Aug 11, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>God didn't say that.
Thus says the Devil.
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

#26 Aug 16, 2013
Saturday 17 August 2013
The Independent

Atheists are more intelligent than religious people?
That's ‘sciencism’ at its worst
This study exhibits more prejudice than worthwhile research

Sociologist Frank Furedi essentially dismissed the study, claiming that it’s not necessarily accurate in how it frames religious adherence and intelligence. Noting that the latter concept is heavily contested, measuring it, he maintains, is extremely difficult.

“Any attempt to establish a causal relationship between personal belief and raw intelligence is likely to be an exercise in forced abstraction,” Furedi wrote.

The professor and expert, who is ironically an atheist,
also questioned the motivation behind the study in the first place.......

And, as a sociologist, Furedi warned that research should be “motivated by subjective as much as objective concerns” and that it is possible for social science to turn into advocacy.

He continued:

It’s not that researchers are dishonest but that they like anyone else suffer from a tendency to discover what they already suspect.
In the current era where religion is increasingly associated with out-dated beliefs, dubious traditions, dogma and prejudice it is inevitable that the authority of science will be harnessed to prove the religious stupid. Is it any surprise that in a smug tweet Richard Dawkins refers to this meta-analysis with feigned surprise as to why the cleverness of atheists should even be questioned?[...]

Regrettably the mantra “research shows” has become a substitute for a critical engagement of views.
Devaluing the intelligence of your opponents is what children do when they call one another stupid. It absolves its practitioners from taking the arguments of their opponents seriously.

As an atheist I take an exception to the claim that my views are the product of my intelligence."

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/a...

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/08/15/ar...

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

#27 Aug 17, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
Saturday 17 August 2013
The Independent
Atheists are more intelligent than religious people?
That's ‘sciencism’ at its worst
This study exhibits more prejudice than worthwhile research
Sociologist Frank Furedi essentially dismissed the study, claiming that it’s not necessarily accurate in how it frames religious adherence and intelligence. Noting that the latter concept is heavily contested, measuring it, he maintains, is extremely difficult.
“Any attempt to establish a causal relationship between personal belief and raw intelligence is likely to be an exercise in forced abstraction,” Furedi wrote.
The professor and expert, who is ironically an atheist,
also questioned the motivation behind the study in the first place.......
And, as a sociologist, Furedi warned that research should be “motivated by subjective as much as objective concerns” and that it is possible for social science to turn into advocacy.
He continued:
It’s not that researchers are dishonest but that they like anyone else suffer from a tendency to discover what they already suspect.
In the current era where religion is increasingly associated with out-dated beliefs, dubious traditions, dogma and prejudice it is inevitable that the authority of science will be harnessed to prove the religious stupid. Is it any surprise that in a smug tweet Richard Dawkins refers to this meta-analysis with feigned surprise as to why the cleverness of atheists should even be questioned?[...]
Regrettably the mantra “research shows” has become a substitute for a critical engagement of views.
Devaluing the intelligence of your opponents is what children do when they call one another stupid. It absolves its practitioners from taking the arguments of their opponents seriously.
As an atheist I take an exception to the claim that my views are the product of my intelligence."
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/a...
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/08/15/ar...
And proof of this is they (atheists) all do it here on TOPIX... little witless smuglidytes...
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

#28 Aug 17, 2013
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
And proof of this is they (atheists) all do it here on TOPIX... little witless smuglidytes...
Yeah, funny isn't it?
I posted that nearly twenty hours ago.
The silence from the atheist gallery is very telling.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#29 Aug 17, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, funny isn't it?
I posted that nearly twenty hours ago.
The silence from the atheist gallery is very telling.
I wasn't paying attention. I'll tell you what. If you provide a link to a study that shows fundies are smarter than anything, including inanimate objects, I'll link to three that show they're not.

God bless you.
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

#30 Aug 17, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't paying attention.
I'll tell you what. If you provide a link to a study that shows fundies are smarter than anything, including inanimate objects, I'll link to three that show they're not.
God bless you.
I was just setting up the conditions for that experiment.
I've got a rock and a fence post, now I need the human subject for a three way comparison test.

You say you weren't paying attention earlier. A perfect subject.
Can I interest you in volunteering for the sake of science?

God bless us all.
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

#31 Aug 17, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't paying attention. I'll tell you what. If you provide a link to a study that shows fundies are smarter than anything, including inanimate objects, I'll link to three that show they're not.
God bless you.
By the way, are you responding from the atheist gallery?

I thought you said you were a practicing Catholic?
You really should get off the fence and make a commitment.
God will bless you.

Rev.3-
"‘The Amen, the faithful and true witness, the source of God’s creation, says this:
“I know your works; I know that you are neither cold nor hot.
I wish you were either cold or hot.
So, because you are lukewarm, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth."

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#32 Aug 17, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, are you responding from the atheist gallery?
I thought you said you were a practicing Catholic?
You really should get off the fence and make a commitment.
God will bless you.
Rev.3-
"‘The Amen, the faithful and true witness, the source of God’s creation, says this:
“I know your works; I know that you are neither cold nor hot.
I wish you were either cold or hot.
So, because you are lukewarm, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth."
Not being a fundie does not make one lukewarm, hon.
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

#33 Aug 17, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Not being a fundie does not make one lukewarm, hon.
That was not addressed to you, dumpling.
Target market messaging is specifically directed.

But thanks for sharing your OCD buttinskyism.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#34 Aug 17, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
That was not addressed to you, dumpling.
Target market messaging is specifically directed.
But thanks for sharing your OCD buttinskyism.
Just being truthful.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#35 Aug 17, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Just being truthful.
And a pot stirrer, Nettie, you ole pot stirrer you.!

lol
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

#36 Aug 17, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Just being truthful.
Truth is good.
But it's better to be truthful with yourself than to claim you are truthful with others.

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

#37 Aug 19, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, funny isn't it?
I posted that nearly twenty hours ago.
The silence from the atheist gallery is very telling.
Nothing but the proverbial 'crickets'...

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#38 Aug 19, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth is good.
But it's better to be truthful with yourself than to claim you are truthful with others.
I do both, little one.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#39 Aug 21, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>I do both, little one.
You can't even be honest with yourself. Hell will find you O Biblical IGNORAMUS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Creation Evidcnce 19 min blacklagoon 5
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 24 min WasteWater 2,024
Before The Big Bang 27 min blacklagoon 2,567
Poll 2015 edition: who is the dumbest fundie on topix? 41 min 15th Dalai Lama 171
I DEFEATED the EVIL MORON " dollarsbill " AGAIN 43 min janeebee 7
Questions for Dollarsbill? 49 min 15th Dalai Lama 58
The post count of Dollarsbill 1 hr ChristineM 1,296
Holocaustianity was made to replace Christianity 6 hr dollarsbill 96
ASK the BIBLE MAN? 12 hr par five 99
More from around the web