Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16097 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#17270 Jun 21, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
yea he is coming about once every fifteen minutes
Maybe he's just breathing heavy.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#17271 Jun 21, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe he's just breathing heavy.
That too.

Location hidden

#17272 Jun 21, 2013
After 2000 yrs ???

Quick! Everybody! Grab your hip waders!
Thinking

Kingston Upon Thames, UK

#17273 Jun 22, 2013
So you believe we've only the freedom to f*ck up in your god's eyes.

Why is your god so very, very needy?
Why are your god's plans so vindictive?
Your god has planned miscarriages.
Your god has planned cot deaths.
Your god has planned childhood leukaemia.
Walterwalter wrote:
<quoted text>
absolutely, we do have free will
but that doesn't mean God isn't fully aware of what will happen from begining to end either.
your free will doesn't over ride His all knowing power.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#17274 Jun 22, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Instead, I'm sure you and your wife view marriage as a constraint on evolutionary mating habits, right? I mean, that IS why you got married, right?
Not at all, it simply is the scientific essence of marriage. Just like the legal aspect, it plays an appropriate role in the background.

I understand that for snyper and you, mating behavior is confusing for homosexuals to understand and pointless. It really is silly to have an orientation that is a defective failure of mating behavior, dictating what the primary expression of mating behavior should be.

Location hidden

#17275 Jun 22, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
And, sexual practices in no way affect the qualifications for marriage, so your ridiculous "butt sex is the worst" argument is irrelevant.
I have never argued sexual behavior is the qualification for marriage. Snyper shouda, woulda, coulda jumped in with a 'straw man agrument' judgment...

To acquire equal rights, distinct from other relationships, you have to establish equality.

I simply use sex as one of the primary distinctions between gays and marriage.

The MOST intimate physical expression between gays is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning. In marriage, it is HEALTHY! There could not be a greater distinction!

Location hidden

#17276 Jun 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never argued sexual behavior is the qualification for marriage. Snyper shouda, woulda, coulda jumped in with a 'straw man agrument' judgment...
To acquire equal rights, distinct from other relationships, you have to establish equality.
I simply use sex as one of the primary distinctions between gays and marriage.
The MOST intimate physical expression between gays is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning. In marriage, it is HEALTHY! There could not be a greater distinction!
You really DO confuse the words you use for the things they are supposed to describe, then refuse to refine either your comprehension of the thing under consideration OR your nomenclature.

You confuse symbol with referent.

You play with the words and think that it expands your knowledge of the thing.

"...To acquire equal rights, distinct from other relationships, you have to establish equality..."

What a load of word crap! It displays no grasp of Constitutional Law or Governmental theory.

You see, knowledge and understanding are supposed to GROW over time, and as they grow words are redefined to accommodate the new information.

You refuse to do any of this.

Not only DON'T you learn, you REFUSE to learn. You WIll NOT adapt.

Ignorant + stubborn + maladaptive = toxic.

Location hidden

#17277 Jun 22, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
You really DO confuse the words you use for the things they are supposed to describe, then refuse to refine either your comprehension of the thing under consideration OR your nomenclature.
You confuse symbol with referent.
You play with the words and think that it expands your knowledge of the thing.
"...To acquire equal rights, distinct from other relationships, you have to establish equality..."
What a load of word crap! It displays no grasp of Constitutional Law or Governmental theory.
You see, knowledge and understanding are supposed to GROW over time, and as they grow words are redefined to accommodate the new information.
You refuse to do any of this.
Not only DON'T you learn, you REFUSE to learn. You WIll NOT adapt.
Ignorant + stubborn + maladaptive = toxic.
Why should ss couples have marriage rights as opposed to any other relationship?

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#17278 Jun 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all, it simply is the scientific essence of marriage. Just like the legal aspect, it plays an appropriate role in the background.
I understand that for snyper and you, mating behavior is confusing for homosexuals to understand and pointless. It really is silly to have an orientation that is a defective failure of mating behavior, dictating what the primary expression of mating behavior should be.
Then, why DID you and your wife marry, if not to limit your evolutionary mating behavior?

Also, I'm not gay. Why do you assume I'm gay? I've said previously that I'm not gay. Are you incapable of understanding how someone who's not gay could think differently than you do?

Since: Dec 09

Chicago, IL

#17279 Jun 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
KiMare: "The scientific essence of marriage..."
".... marriage is a cross-cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior..."

You can dress a turd up in a fancy silk suit, but it's still going to be sh*t just the same..
Just like there's no disguising dummy-speak.
Dumb + GRANDIOSE!!!!! still = dumb.

Location hidden

#17280 Jun 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should ss couples have marriage rights as opposed to any other relationship?
According to Governmental Legal theory, that is precisely backwards.

Government needs to provide overriding interest or necessity to limit innate Freedoms or deny Rights.

Location hidden

#17281 Jun 22, 2013
janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
KiMare: "The scientific essence of marriage..."
".... marriage is a cross-cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior..."
Who says?

Why is that anything but a pale hypothesis?

Prove it.

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#17282 Jun 22, 2013
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
<quoted text>
You are unwise,unfriendly and therefor unfit to be a witness for the Lord at this tempo.
How are you qualified to determine such? You're not. Repent, IF YOU CAN.

“they could not believe”

John 12:39-40 (NKJV)
39 Therefore they could not believe, because Isaiah said again: 40 "He has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts, Lest they should see with their eyes, Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn, So that I should heal them."

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#17283 Jun 22, 2013
Kami Sureiya wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you go to olive garden and see pasta, then pick up a book and read about pirates, or go to Somalia and see some pirates.
They exist because The Flying Spaghetti Monster created them, he said so in the Gospel of The Flying. Spaghetti Monster. PROOF that The Flying Spaghetti Monster is real.
And still, Israel is back exactly as God foretold.

"this generation"

Luke 21:32 (NKJV)
32 Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all things take place.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#17284 Jun 22, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, good to see dollarsbill's unnatural obsession with hell is still going strong...such fine Christian love...
Warning of Hell is Christian love.

Ezekiel 33:9 (NKJV)
9 Nevertheless if you warn the wicked to turn from his way, and he does not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered your soul.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#17285 Jun 22, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
How can people tell if they can repent?
They do it before they die and end up in Hell.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#17286 Jun 22, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>You just keep praying that buttercup.
Why do you keep saying that? Do you even know?

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#17287 Jun 22, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
The literal Bible is meaningless drivel just like your posts bro.
Only to those who are blinded and perishing.

2 Corinthians 4:3-4 (NKJV)
3 But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, 4 whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them.

“Still Politically Incorrect”

Since: Feb 10

And Damn Proud Of It Too

#17288 Jun 22, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
How are you qualified to determine such? You're not. Repent, IF YOU CAN.
“they could not believe”
John 12:39-40 (NKJV)
39 Therefore they could not believe, because Isaiah said again: 40 "He has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts, Lest they should see with their eyes, Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn, So that I should heal them."
You are unwise,unfriendly and therefor are unfit to be a witness for the Lord at this tempo.
You are only a Christian by self proclamation to do what you want to do as you see fit to do in the name of God instead of doing what God sees fit for you to do in his name.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#17289 Jun 22, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Warning of Hell is Christian love.
Ezekiel 33:9 (NKJV)
9 Nevertheless if you warn the wicked to turn from his way, and he does not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered your soul.
Your kind of love is meningless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jesus will never return 2 hr ROG 501
Are Your Beliefs TRUE? 3 hr blacklagoon 3 610
Fairy-Tales (Trolls): Christian Censorship? 3 hr ZDF 2
Early Christianity (Dec '16) 3 hr Big Al 2,879
Bible says Satan will be Destroyed, Not Live Fo... (Apr '10) 19 hr Jones 760
Gambler's Abyss: Deuteronomy 20 hr AlertChristians 3
Why has God stop communicating with man? Mon horror girl 219
More from around the web