Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16098 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#15843 May 28, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
The first amendment protects churches from being forced to perform same sex marriages, even if they are legalized for civil marriage.
The Bible is utterly irrelevant to civil law. You see, the first amendment allso forbids laws respecting an establishment of religion.
I wasn't seeking to impose morality on a reprobate.

I was simply exposing the desecration attempt.

At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

Ss couples are a defective failure of mating behavior.

They clearly don't equate to marriage.

Location hidden

#15844 May 28, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
The presence of matter is evidence of God.
Everything we know and do is based on the fact that Nature operates by laws. The fact that people deny those laws exist in morality is evidence of evil.
<quoted text>
I wasn't referring to how matter operates, I was referring to where it came from.
However, the laws that dictate the behavior of matter and everything that evolves is also a indication of a Presence.
The funny thing is is how they act so intelligent, like they have this understanding of the laws of nature that no one else has ever had. Its like they think people in 200, 300, 400 years from now are going to look back and say, Damn, they really had it all figured out in 2013! lol There was no need to go any further!

If these clowns that claim to know how this all works were twice as smart they'd still be pretty damn stupid!

lol

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#15845 May 28, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Man made Israel, not God.
Lightning exists, therefore Zeus.
Israel was dead and is alive because Jesus was dead and is alive.

Luke 21:32 (NKJV)
32 Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all things take place.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#15846 May 28, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no evidence God said anything, because first it must be demonstrated that God exists to rationally justify the belief that God said anything.
Bigfoot said you'd respond with something stupid. Go ahead, prove bigfoot right.
You keep making ignorant comments. Israel is real. Prove "bigfoot".

Amos 9:14-15 (NKJV)
14 I will bring back the captives of My people Israel; They shall build the waste cities and inhabit them; They shall plant vineyards and drink wine from them; They shall also make gardens and eat fruit from them. 15 I will plant them in their land, And no longer shall they be pulled up From the land I have given them," Says the LORD your God.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#15847 May 28, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm so worried......
Most who end in Hell aren't worried.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#15849 May 28, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>According to your unfortunate reading of it, nothing more. The Bible actually contradicts what you claim, but you are free to believe whatever ugliness you want about it. <quoted text>If that were true buttercup, you should be able to prove that I have lied, rather than just sitting there screaming that I did. You haven't, thus you stand proved before God Himself to be in violation of God's commandment against the bearing of false witness and having committed a sin worthy of death.
Repeating your deliberately mistranslated verse is meaningless. Those aren't the Words of God, but the words of a "translator" who believed he knew better than God Himself.
I quote God. You call it lies. You are sent by Satan to call God a liar. You lose in Hell.

Romans 1 "men with men" "God gave them over to a reprobate mind"

Now your turn to call God a liar again.

lides

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#15850 May 28, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Uh huh.
KiMare wrote:
At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
Actually, it depends upon the wishes of the couple. Many people civilly marry with no religious component. At issue here is civil marriage, and even if same sex Civil marriage is enacted it has no impact upon churches holding different beliefs. They are still protected by the first amendment.
KiMare wrote:
Procreative arguments against same sex marriage are irrelevant. In fact, they are laughable. One need not be capable of procreation to marry. Infertile couples regularly marry already, which disproves this inept notion.

It's not surprising that you have to stoop to such foolish rationalizations, because there isn't really a valid reason not to allow same sex couples to marry.

Location hidden

#15851 May 28, 2013
Huntington Guy wrote:
<quoted text>The funny thing is is how they act so intelligent, like they have this understanding of the laws of nature that no one else has ever had. Its like they think people in 200, 300, 400 years from now are going to look back and say, Damn, they really had it all figured out in 2013! lol There was no need to go any further!
If these clowns that claim to know how this all works were twice as smart they'd still be pretty damn stupid!
lol
Most of them simply parrot gay twirl talking points they have heard and never thought through themselves. I'm a near senile old man, but simple common sense is all it takes to expose the idiocy.

Location hidden

#15852 May 28, 2013
KiMare'a wrote;

lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh huh.
<quoted text>
Actually, it depends upon the wishes of the couple. Many people civilly marry with no religious component. At issue here is civil marriage, and even if same sex Civil marriage is enacted it has no impact upon churches holding different beliefs. They are still protected by the first amendment.
<quoted text>
Procreative arguments against same sex marriage are irrelevant. In fact, they are laughable. One need not be capable of procreation to marry. Infertile couples regularly marry already, which disproves this inept notion.
It's not surprising that you have to stoop to such foolish rationalizations, because there isn't really a valid reason not to allow same sex couples to marry.
1. Your scoffing of my purpose does not change the fact, it just exposes the weakness of your position. It is a purely lazy response.

2. The essence of marriage does not depend on the couple. Mating behavior is not a choice. If procreation were not a result of mating behavior, it not only would not have evolved, sociologists say the constraint of marriage would not exist.

3. Fundamentally at issue here is, does a mutually sterile duplicate gendered couple ever equate to marriage, so as to qualify for equal rights? You want to avoid that fundamental question, because you have no valid argument to equate with marriage.

4. Since they are absolutely mutually sterile, and never ever more than half of marriage, it is not only idiotic to equate them to the fundamental relationship of society, it is an insult to intelligent people for a mutually sterile couple to claim that procreation is irrelevant.

5. But all this begs the question, why would homosexuals not establish their own identity and rights, instead of trying to impose an imposter relationship on marriage and family? The only conclusion I can surmise is the vain, foolish attempt to equate a defective sexual disorder with normalcy.

You do realize that the closer a counterfeit gets to the real thing, the more the duplicity is exposed?

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#15853 May 28, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The only marriage the Bible celebrates is between a man and woman.
And that of David and Johnathan...

#15855 May 28, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
The presence of matter is evidence of God.
Everything we know and do is based on the fact that Nature operates by laws. The fact that people deny those laws exist in morality is evidence of evil.
<quoted text>
I wasn't referring to how matter operates, I was referring to where it came from.
However, the laws that dictate the behavior of matter and everything that evolves is also a indication of a Presence.
No matter how you attempt a song and dance around it, you are still wrong.

Quantum physics demonstrates that matter can and does come into existence without any Divine input.

#15856 May 28, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
I quote God. You call it lies. You are sent by Satan to call God a liar. You lose in Hell.
But you DON'T quote God, you quote a false prophet.

Location hidden

#15857 May 28, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
No matter how you attempt a song and dance around it, you are still wrong.
Quantum physics demonstrates that matter can and does come into existence without any Divine input.
No song or dance, I'm simply asking from where?

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#15858 May 28, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!

Prove that you quote God.

Game over.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#15859 May 28, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of them simply parrot gay twirl talking points they have heard and never thought through themselves. I'm a near senile old man, but simple common sense is all it takes to expose the idiocy.
See, when you're gay, you don't need "gay talking points." You just tell the truth.

YOU need talking points.

You lose.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#15860 May 28, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You act as if that was God's only guidance regarding sex.
That you equate "rape" and "sex" is telling.

I suppose you consider child molestation "sex," too?

What is the morally superior response to your daughter being raped? Selling her to her rapist to be his wife, or reporting his crime to the police and having him put in jail?
KiMare wrote:
Marriage is God's ideal. Everything else is dealing with the consequences of violating that ideal. For it's time, it was the perfect morality for the reasons I stated.
Marriage as the punishment for rape. That's certainly one approach. So, in a society where stoning people to death was common, marriage was the worst punishment your God could come up with for rape. Well done, God.
KiMare wrote:
Moreover, a 'dowery' was not ownership.
No, but daughters were the property of their fathers until such time as they were wed, at which point they became the property of their husbands. Women were without rights of any kind. Was the concept of raping your own wife something your God ever addressed? Oh, of course not. BECAUSE WOMEN DIDN'T HAVE RIGHTS BECAUSE YOUR GOD COULDN'T EVEN FIGURE OUT THAT HE COULD TELL THEM TO TREAT WOMEN LIKE HUMAN FUCKING BEINGS. Another reason these "God-given" laws are nothing more than post hoc justifications for savagery.
KiMare wrote:
Even more idiotic is your twisted condemnation of the honor God's law established in the face of rape. If modern morality is so much more effective, why did sexual assault increase 30% last year in our disciplined military (40% were male assualts)?
While we're discussing the rape-iness of the military, what percentage of those rapists and otherwise sexually violent members of the military were God-fearing Bible-believing Christians?
KiMare wrote:
Are you really wanting to compare the view and value of females in our society with the view then?
What percentage were God-fearing Bible-believing Christians? While we're at it, what percentage would you wager were atheists?
KiMare wrote:
What you clearly show is not just bigotry, but also the ignorance it is rooted in. That is not just about the Bible, but also about sexuality.
No, it's about rape, remember? Your daughter gets raped. What is the morally superior response?

A: Call the police and report the crime so the rapist can be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
B: Accept payment from the rapist and marry your daughter to her attacker.

These are two different responses to the same event. One of them is more moral than the other. Which is it?
KiMare wrote:
I didn't dispute the presence of matter, I noted how it could exist out of nothing.
Prove that something cannot come from nothing. Please show us the "nothing" you've examined and tested to verify this conclusion to which you've come. I've got the Nobel Prize nomination form open on my desktop right now.
KiMare wrote:
I surmise that the presence of anything denotes a 'presence'. How do surmise the presence of anything?
With my senses. You're again guilty of equivocation. You're using a word with different meanings twice, and intentionally pretending that the two meanings are necessarily the same. That's dishonest. Why do you have to lie?
KiMare wrote:
As to nature's laws, you simply sounded like a contradicting idiot. Nor was I talking about legal laws, however, that is another area you seek to manipulate while denying the existence of moral laws.
I merely pointed out your failed logic, as well as giving an accurate description of what scientific laws are. They are DESCRIPTIVE, not PRESCRIPTIVE. You clearly don't understand the difference. Your ignorance is not my shortcoming. Go learn some science and come back when you're not a retard.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#15861 May 28, 2013
Pepper wrote:
<quoted text>
Simple, cause I'm not a [email protected]
And I suppose you're not ok with Jews because you're not a Jew.

lides

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#15862 May 28, 2013
Pepper wrote:
<quoted text>
Simple, cause I'm not a [email protected]
No, you are an idiot, and a bigoted and rude one at that.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#15863 May 28, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
But you DON'T quote God, you quote a false prophet.
Satan sent you to call God a liar. Go tell him you failed to persuade God's people.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#15864 May 28, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
Prove that you quote God.
Game over.
Israel was dead and is alive because Jesus was dead and is alive.

Luke 21:32 (NKJV)
32 Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all things take place.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KEY LA's LUNCHES 4 hr Neo Neo Neo 8
SUPER SERVERs 4 hr Neo Neo Neo 7
MECHANICAL TECHNICAL PROCESSES AND PROCEDURES o... 4 hr adelaide 3
Israel is anti christ, literally 8 hr adelaide 117
is it me or who else can see demons and angels ? (Nov '11) 8 hr adelaide 397
What religion was Enoch, Noah, and Abraham? (Oct '12) 9 hr adelaide 1,567
judgment coming to america 9 hr adelaide 115
More from around the web