Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16101 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

bobdude

Pittsburgh, PA

#15384 May 18, 2013
youtube.com/watch... ……
Luck happens

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#15385 May 18, 2013
Les wrote:
<quoted text>Very true about the Bible, but radical homosexual have no 'right' to disenfranchise others on the legal definition of marriage.
Who exactly is being "disenfranchised"

I'm more concerned with the "Biblical" definition of marriage than I am the legal one.

Location hidden

#15386 May 18, 2013
Square Peg No Hole wrote:
<quoted text>
God's word?
That's funny. Too many jokes today.
Sorry I have no desire to find out about you by reading your posts, so maybe you can give me a synopsis?
Are you a born again Christian or gay?

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#15390 May 18, 2013
Stop-It-Now wrote:
<quoted text>That is quite simple.
So are you.

Is hims a good boi?

Yes hims EEEiis.

Sit.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#15391 May 19, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Prov. 6:16 says, "there are 6 things the Lord hates, seven that are detestable to him" and the 19th verse says one of these is, "...a false witness who pours out lies and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers."
So that includes a person professing to be a Christian who adds to the Bible where it's says nothing concerning their opinion, that the person demands of others to believe that's God's position on the matter even though, God made no actual statement about it?
We know the Bible makes some weak negative statements about same sex behavior without real clarity.
But the Bible says not a thing of being in favour of same sex sexual relationship behaviour. So all those Christians that claim God loves same sex sexual behavior and all those Christians claiming God loves same sex marriages, since the Bible states no such thing, as you said they'll be condemned by the following, was that your point? "...a false witness who pours out lies and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers."
Square Peg No Hole

Saint Paul, MN

#15392 May 19, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
The men of Sodom believed the Bible? LOLOL! Very Biblically ignorant of you.
You are a Bible bully. The men of Sodom were bullies also. That makes you just the same.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#15393 May 19, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
So that includes a person professing to be a Christian who adds to the Bible where it's says nothing concerning their opinion, that the person demands of others to believe that's God's position on the matter even though, God made no actual statement about it?
We know the Bible makes some weak negative statements about same sex behavior without real clarity.
But the Bible says not a thing of being in favour of same sex sexual relationship behaviour. So all those Christians that claim God loves same sex sexual behavior and all those Christians claiming God loves same sex marriages, since the Bible states no such thing, as you said they'll be condemned by the following, was that your point? "...a false witness who pours out lies and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers."
It actually does. Keep studying, eventually you may find the passages.

Location hidden

#15394 May 19, 2013
Stop-It-Now wrote:
<quoted text>That is quite simple.
That is avoidance. Is this what you do all the time here? Troll?

Location hidden

#15395 May 19, 2013
Stop-It-Now wrote:
<quoted text>The only reason we have the legal one is that we Christians knew that even married heathens made a better society.
Who is WE paleface? Don't speak for me.
James Seahill

Eureka Springs, AR

#15396 May 19, 2013
If we could just see same-sex orientation as a severe identity crisis and homosexual sin as one consequence of yielding to the sinful nature we all are acquainted with! The wages of any sin is death-spiritually and physically. The failure of fathers to affirm their children as valued young men and women is by some accounts a cause of much same-sex orientation. A father's affirmation is by those accounts the foundation for a stable personality-the absence of such affirmation results in severe attempts at compensation and affirmation from others that results in abnormal behavior. Same sex orientation, in my studied opinion, should not be assumed genetic, irreversible or harmless.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#15397 May 19, 2013
James Seahill wrote:
If we could just see same-sex orientation as a severe identity crisis and homosexual sin as one consequence of yielding to the sinful nature we all are acquainted with! The wages of any sin is death-spiritually and physically. The failure of fathers to affirm their children as valued young men and women is by some accounts a cause of much same-sex orientation. A father's affirmation is by those accounts the foundation for a stable personality-the absence of such affirmation results in severe attempts at compensation and affirmation from others that results in abnormal behavior. Same sex orientation, in my studied opinion, should not be assumed genetic, irreversible or harmless.
Sexual orientation is not some philosophy, sweetcheeks.
LLA

Pekin, IL

#15398 May 19, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity does not criticize orientation. It's the actions we choose to engage in or not.

It is all homosexual behavior that the Bible repeatedly condemns, not orientation.

Are you suggesting that those who choose to engage in the unspeakable acts that alone define and identify homosexuals were unable to choose?

Location hidden

#15399 May 19, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
No it isn't. It is a matter of our will, just like rape, murder, theft and pedophilia. No matter how people try to justify their choices, they make them and God holds THEM responsible.
His laws are VERY clear.

Location hidden

#15400 May 19, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
No it isn't.

Location hidden

#15401 May 19, 2013
Stan53 wrote:
<quoted text>
No it isn't. It is a matter of our will, just like rape, murder, theft and pedophilia. No matter how people try to justify their choices, they make them and God holds THEM responsible.
His laws are VERY clear.
Nonsense. Your puny God doesn't exist Bible bully.

Location hidden

#15402 May 19, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Your puny mind just can't understand, and you're going to be in for one big surprise.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#15403 May 20, 2013
Stan53 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your puny mind just can't understand, and you're going to be in for one big surprise.
Great. Clearly, something convinced you. What was that? More to the point, why should anybody else accept it as true?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#15404 May 20, 2013
LLA wrote:
<quoted text>Christianity does not criticize orientation. It's the actions we choose to engage in or not.
It is all homosexual behavior that the Bible repeatedly condemns, not orientation.
Are you suggesting that those who choose to engage in the unspeakable acts that alone define and identify homosexuals were unable to choose?
You wrote:

It's the actions......

Correct!

SIN is an ACT committed by the individual.

You wrote:

we choose to engage in or not.....

Correct!

Choice!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#15405 May 20, 2013
Stan53 wrote:
<quoted text>
His laws are VERY clear.
You wrote:

our will....

Correct!

We should be doing HIS WILL (God's will).

Yes! God will hold the individual responsible.

Again, SIN is an <<<ACT>>> committed 'by' the individual.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#15406 May 20, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything we do for beauty, admiring it, duplicating it, speaking of it, all set us apart from the rest of natural creation, and testify to the fact that we are made in God’s image, which means there is a God, for how do we explain the explosion of beauty in creation without God?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was Paul a False Apostle? (May '08) 2 min anonymous 5,197
Can Someone Please Explain Luke 17:34 for me? (May '10) 7 min KAB 37
Evidence Against God 36 min janeebee 3,202
Hi!! I'm AskDrScientist and I'm a flamming homo... 47 min Morningstargirl 6
Good people hate god. 57 min Morningstargirl 6
WHY GOD does HATE HOMOSEXUALS and LESBIANS????? (Dec '13) 1 hr Morningstargirl 368
christians now minority in England and Wales 1 hr Jesus Is 3
Why do you really believe in a god? 2 hr Morningstargirl 392
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 hr WasteWater 18,699
Scientific Proof Of GOD(for dummies) 4 hr Big Al 1,048
More from around the web