Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16101 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

Lalin

Troy, OH

#14787 May 6, 2013
Golem continues to appear to me every freaking night at 3:00 AM. I'm really tired of it. I can't stand his damn wailing. He still can't understand he is in hell for being a sodomite.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#14788 May 6, 2013
Guys ... "bill" is into Presuppositionalism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presuppositional...

It's a nasty little heresy, and near impossible to cure once it's got it's legs dug in.

Location hidden

#14789 May 6, 2013
Our opposition has forgotten Isaiah 58:6-11 and Matthew 25:31-46, which are the TRUE criteria Yeshua will use in his judgements ... NOT Saul's pharisaic prejudices and legalisms.

Simple, heartfelt human compassion.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#14790 May 6, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah?
Ezekiel 16:49-50, 49 "Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had PRIDE, EXCESS OF FOOD, and PROSPEROUS EASE, but DID NOT AID THE POOR AND NEEDY. 50 They were HAUGHTY and did an ABOMINATION before me. So I removed them, when I saw it."
The writer uses the word ABOMINATION, Hebrew tow'ebah, Strong #H8441,(a disgusting thing) the same word in the Hebrew that is used to describe HOMOSEXUALITY in
Leviticus 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an ABOMINATION."
The sin in Sodom was on a grand scale, and included more than just homosexual behavior; but this does not take away from the scriptural proof that the event that occurred at Lot's home was driven by the burning homosexual appetites of the men of Sodom.
You said, quote, "God would never commit mass murder." End quote.
Genesis 6:17-18, 17 "For behold, I will bring a flood of waters upon the earth to destroy all flesh in which is the breath of life under heaven. Everything that is on the earth shall die. 18 But I will establish my covenant with you, and you shall come into the ark, you, your sons, your wife, and your sons' wives with you."
If you think this is just a STORY....you do not know the God of the Bible.
<quoted text>
Saul? Where can I find Saul in my post listed above your response.
Actually what is "kind of silly" is your interpretation.
<quoted text>
Apparently reading is not your strong suit. Or perhaps you don't believe the Bible. What of these two options best describes you?
Genesis 6:17-18, 17 "For behold, I will bring a flood of waters upon the earth to destroy all flesh in which is the breath of life under heaven. Everything that is on the earth shall die. 18 But I will establish my covenant with you, and you shall come into the ark, you, your sons, your wife, and your sons' wives with you."
<quoted text>
You are greatly confused. Genesis 6 tells us God sent the flood as a judgment on mankind’s wickedness.
Law of Moses? Which laws did Moses write?
Finally, no one said the "law of Moses" existed in Genesis?
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you are making excuses for your horrible hatred against gays and lesbians. You are just a pathetic little worm trying to stand tall by cutting off other people's heads.
Very typical response from the homosexual community. When there is no answer start throwing mud and attempt to divert the conversation to hatred. Did I say or post any hatred for sodomites or lesbians? Of course not. Be honest and fess up.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#14791 May 6, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah?
Ezekiel 16:49-50, 49 "Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had PRIDE, EXCESS OF FOOD, and PROSPEROUS EASE, but DID NOT AID THE POOR AND NEEDY. 50 They were HAUGHTY and did an ABOMINATION before me. So I removed them, when I saw it."
The writer uses the word ABOMINATION, Hebrew tow'ebah, Strong #H8441,(a disgusting thing) the same word in the Hebrew that is used to describe HOMOSEXUALITY in
Leviticus 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an ABOMINATION."
The sin in Sodom was on a grand scale, and included more than just homosexual behavior; but this does not take away from the scriptural proof that the event that occurred at Lot's home was driven by the burning homosexual appetites of the men of Sodom.
You said, quote, "God would never commit mass murder." End quote.
If you think this is just a STORY....you do not know the God of the Bible.
<quoted text>
Saul? Where can I find Saul in my post listed above your response.
Actually what is "kind of silly" is your interpretation.
<quoted text>
Apparently reading is not your strong suit. Or perhaps you don't believe the Bible. What of these two options best describes you?
<quoted text>
You are greatly confused. Genesis 6 tells us God sent the flood as a judgment on mankind’s wickedness.
Law of Moses? Which laws did Moses write?
Finally, no one said the "law of Moses" existed in Genesis?
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
How can the people be wicked? There were no laws so there could be no transgression. To say otherwise means God is unjust. The story makes no sense without the Law of Moses. What commandments and laws did Abraham keep? You just said there was no Law of Moses in effect.
Apparently you are somewhat comprehension challenged. Genesis 6 tells us God sent the flood as a judgment on mankind’s wickedness.
You need to read Genesis 6 and if you would like to argue you will have to argue with God, not me. I believe the Bible. You do not.

Location hidden

#14792 May 6, 2013
Now you're just flooding the thread.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#14793 May 7, 2013
snyper wrote:
Our opposition has forgotten Isaiah 58:6-11 and Matthew 25:31-46, which are the TRUE criteria Yeshua will use in his judgements ... NOT Saul's pharisaic prejudices and legalisms.
Simple, heartfelt human compassion.
Something Christians in churches in every community across our nation do every single day.

Interesting, you want to excuse your evil that Paul and the Bible consistently condemns, and extol good that you don't do.

Remember, God is the god of all truth, not just a twisted piece. You will be judged for that.

Smirk.
Thinking

Hemel Hempstead, UK

#14794 May 7, 2013
Bollocks! Read Jeremiah 3:12
Thinking wrote:
1 Corinthians 6:9-10
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor HOMOSEXUALS,[a] nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.
Revelation 21:8
8 But the cowardly, unbelieving,[a] abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

Location hidden

#14795 May 7, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Something Christians in churches in every community across our nation do every single day.
Interesting, you want to excuse your evil that Paul and the Bible consistently condemns, and extol good that you don't do.
Remember, God is the god of all truth, not just a twisted piece. You will be judged for that.
Smirk.
I'm sorry, but professional do-gooders and "You have to pretend to believe for food" doesn't qualify.

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#14796 May 7, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
That's good news. I don't want to spend eternity with the likes of you bro.
No, it's BAD news for you.

"the lake of fire" "forever"

Revelation 20:10 (NKJV)
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#14797 May 7, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Heresy.
NEXT
The Bible heresy? Nah.

"will not inherit the Kingdom of God" "nor homosexuals"

1 Corinthians 6:9 (NKJV)
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#14798 May 7, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
Dear, according to Paul, God gave up wayward Christians who were still continuing in their Pagan ways,
Including gays.

"will not inherit the Kingdom of God" "nor homosexuals"

1 Corinthians 6:9 (NKJV)
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#14799 May 7, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
No, it's the opinion of people just as stupid as you.
<quoted text>
Soon you will be burning in Hell. You will remember FOREVER that we warned you.

10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

“Of Course I Can”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#14800 May 7, 2013
No I won't. The hell you speak of does not exist.
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Soon you will be burning in Hell. You will remember FOREVER that we warned you.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#14801 May 7, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
No I won't. The hell you speak of does not exist.
<quoted text>
Your belief in Hell is not required for your eternal residency therein.

Matthew 25:30 (NKJV)
30 And cast the unprofitable servant into the outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'

“Of Course I Can”

Location hidden

#14802 May 7, 2013
And your belief that it does does not mean that it exists.
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Your belief in Hell is not required for your eternal residency therein.
Matthew 25:30 (NKJV)
30 And cast the unprofitable servant into the outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#14803 May 7, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
And your belief that it does does not mean that it exists.
<quoted text>
I can't lose. You will.

Matthew 22:13 (NKJV)
13 Then the king said to the servants,'Bind him hand and foot, take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'

“Of Course I Can”

Location hidden

#14804 May 7, 2013
You can't lose because you already have. When you decided to reinvent God in your own image, you lost.
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't lose. You will.
Matthew 22:13 (NKJV)
13 Then the king said to the servants,'Bind him hand and foot, take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#14805 May 7, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
The PROBLEM is those who reject Jesus the only Savior will burn in Hell, forever.
And the PROBLEM is those who reject Zeus will suffer in Hades, forever.

Whoops, you failed.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#14806 May 7, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's BAD news for you.
But, because you deny Zeus, you'll be too busy suffering in Hades to enjoy Heaven.

Oh, dear...it appears logic isn't working in your version of reality. You might want to join us in DEMONSTRABLE reality, instead of your IMAGINARY reality. Logic works much better out here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why did Christ come to Earth? 7 min janeebee 756
False beliefs: 11 min ROG 145
Just A Talk With You Christians. 17 min ROG 520
Scientific Proof Of GOD(for dummies) (Mar '16) 28 min ROG 3,358
Bible Interpretation 33 min ROG 1,614
What did Jesus tell us about Paul? 3 hr PrinceofDarkness 24
The Moral Failure Of Christians 5 hr Big Al 315
Why lie about the truth? Christian mistranslat... 6 hr PrinceofDarkness 1,358
More from around the web