Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16101 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#14747 May 5, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
My assertion is the fact that these are disparate stories which have been woven together. From a literary POV, The Law of Moses cannot exist before his time, yet the Bible states that Abraham keeps the laws and commandments which are pretty much unspecified. There are no laws at the time Genesis takes place, yet there are transgressions of the Law of Moses which does not exist. Why should anyone take any of this seriously? It doesn't make any sense. There is a non-existent moral code implied yet unspecified. It is a teaching story about a vengeful God unworthy of worship. This is not the God of unconditional love introduced in the Gospels.
Why does ANY culture practice similar morals? Are you aware of history at all???

Do you know most people have a conscience?

Moreover, you have absolutely no understanding of the God of Jews and Christians by your last statement. How do you explain the Psalms if Jews viewed God as a vengeful God?

Amazing...

Smirk.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#14748 May 5, 2013
<quoted text>
The reason God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah?
Ezekiel 16:49-50, 49 "Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had PRIDE, EXCESS OF FOOD, and PROSPEROUS EASE, but DID NOT AID THE POOR AND NEEDY. 50 They were HAUGHTY and did an ABOMINATION before me. So I removed them, when I saw it."
The writer uses the word ABOMINATION, Hebrew tow'ebah, Strong #H8441,(a disgusting thing) the same word in the Hebrew that is used to describe HOMOSEXUALITY in
Leviticus 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an ABOMINATION."
The sin in Sodom was on a grand scale, and included more than just homosexual behavior; but this does not take away from the scriptural proof that the event that occurred at Lot's home was driven by the burning homosexual appetites of the men of Sodom.
You said, quote, "God would never commit mass murder." End quote.
Genesis 6:17-18, 17 "For behold, I will bring a flood of waters upon the earth to destroy all flesh in which is the breath of life under heaven. Everything that is on the earth shall die. 18 But I will establish my covenant with you, and you shall come into the ark, you, your sons, your wife, and your sons' wives with you."
If you think this is just a STORY....you do not know the God of the Bible.
<quoted text>
Saul? Where can I find Saul in my post listed above your response.
Actually what is "kind of silly" is your interpretation.
<quoted text>
Apparently reading is not your strong suit. Or perhaps you don't believe the Bible. What of these two options best describes you?
Genesis 6:17-18, 17 "For behold, I will bring a flood of waters upon the earth to destroy all flesh in which is the breath of life under heaven. Everything that is on the earth shall die. 18 But I will establish my covenant with you, and you shall come into the ark, you, your sons, your wife, and your sons' wives with you."
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Which commandment was broken? What laws and statutes did Abraham allegedly keep? How could the Law of Moses exist in Genesis? You need to answer these questions first.
You are greatly confused. Genesis 6 tells us God sent the flood as a judgment on mankind’s wickedness.

Law of Moses? Which laws did Moses write?

Finally, no one said the "law of Moses" existed in Genesis?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#14749 May 5, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does ANY culture practice similar morals? Are you aware of history at all???
Do you know most people have a conscience?
Moreover, you have absolutely no understanding of the God of Jews and Christians by your last statement. How do you explain the Psalms if Jews viewed God as a vengeful God?
Amazing...
Smirk.
The sadistic God plays games with Abraham telling him to sacrifice his son. The vengeful God kills everything in the world with a flood and rains fire and brimstone down on people even though there are no commandments or laws. The vengeful God will send people to burn in the lake of fire for an eternity. Some morals that is!!!

Location hidden

#14750 May 5, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Ezekiel 16:49-50, 49 "Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had PRIDE, EXCESS OF FOOD, and PROSPEROUS EASE, but DID NOT AID THE POOR AND NEEDY. 50 They were HAUGHTY and did an ABOMINATION before me. So I removed them, when I saw it."
The writer uses the word ABOMINATION, Hebrew tow'ebah, Strong #H8441,(a disgusting thing) the same word in the Hebrew that is used to describe HOMOSEXUALITY in
Leviticus 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an ABOMINATION."
The sin in Sodom was on a grand scale, and included more than just homosexual behavior; but this does not take away from the scriptural proof that the event that occurred at Lot's home was driven by the burning homosexual appetites of the men of Sodom.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Apparently reading is not your strong suit. Or perhaps you don't believe the Bible. What of these two options best describes you?
<quoted text>
You are greatly confused. Genesis 6 tells us God sent the flood as a judgment on mankind’s wickedness.
Sounds like you are making excuses for your horrible hatred against gays and lesbians. You are just a pathetic little worm trying to stand tall by cutting off other people's heads.

Location hidden

#14751 May 5, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
How can the people be wicked? There were no laws so there could be no transgression. To say otherwise means God is unjust. The story makes no sense without the Law of Moses. What commandments and laws did Abraham keep? You just said there was no Law of Moses in effect.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#14752 May 5, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
Deliberately mistranslated?
Yes dear, deliberately mistranslated.
dollarsbill wrote:
That's your ignorant, lying Satanic opinion, again.
So you pray, but no. What I stated is very simple fact.
dollarsbill wrote:
Your post is total lies.
Sorry dear, but no. According to the closest known to the original of Paul's epistle, he does not write anything that would have been recognized by its readers as a warning against "homosexuality" or even same sex sexual acts. For an English version to say that Paul said "homosexuals" and "sodomites", when neither is even remotely true, is a deliberate mistranslation.
dollarsbill wrote:
Truth, you're going to Hell forever:
Truth, not your call to make bunny, no matter how absolutely certain that you're right. You're not God.
dollarsbill wrote:
1 Corinthians 6:9 (NKJV)
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,
You see? I present Scripture Truth. You don't.
No dear, you presented scripture that has been deliberately mistranslated into English. My scriptural rebuttal to that can be found at Genesis 20:16 and repeated again at Deuteronomy 5:20.
Hallelujah

Dayton, VA

#14753 May 5, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text> .
Are you of the belief that homosexuals need to receive rights and privileges that supersede those who are heterosexual?

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#14754 May 5, 2013
Hallelujah wrote:
Are you of the belief that homosexuals need to receive rights and privileges that supersede those who are heterosexual?
I believe in equality in the eyes of the law and that both gay folk and straight folk should have the right to marry the otherwise legally qualified person of their same sex, if they so choose.
Hallelujah

Dayton, VA

#14755 May 5, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>I believe in equality in the eyes of the law and that both gay folk and straight folk should have the right to marry the otherwise legally qualified person of their same sex, if they so choose.
I agree with this but you did not answer my question. Do you think homosexuals need rights and privileges that supersede heterosexuals in hiring, education, housing, etc...?
Swed

Tallinn, Estonia

#14756 May 5, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Yes dear, deliberately mistranslated. <quoted text>So you pray, but no. What I stated is very simple fact. <quoted text>Sorry dear, but no. According to the closest known to the original of Paul's epistle, he does not write anything that would have been recognized by its readers as a warning against "homosexuality" or even same sex sexual acts. For an English version to say that Paul said "homosexuals" and "sodomites", when neither is even remotely true, is a deliberate mistranslation.
<quoted text>Truth, not your call to make bunny, no matter how absolutely certain that you're right. You're not God.
<quoted text>No dear, you presented scripture that has been deliberately mistranslated into English. My scriptural rebuttal to that can be found at Genesis 20:16 and repeated again at Deuteronomy 5:20.
You lie.

All ancient texts support Bible many times say homosexual very bad.
Tom

Tempe, AZ

#14757 May 6, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>I believe in equality in the eyes of the law and that both gay folk and straight folk should have the right to marry the otherwise legally qualified person of their same sex, if they so choose.
NEW LINK. HE HAD THE OTHER ONE REMOVED...

Prophet of JC is a Fraud...

His name is Ralph Stair FRAUD and PEDOPHILE

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#14758 May 6, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
The sadistic God plays games with Abraham telling him to sacrifice his son. The vengeful God kills everything in the world with a flood and rains fire and brimstone down on people even though there are no commandments or laws. The vengeful God will send people to burn in the lake of fire for an eternity. Some morals that is!!!
You argue from deliberate denial of all the facts, and ignorance of faiths you do not know. It only exposes your bigotry and foolishness.

The choice to reject your Maker is yours to 'enjoy' for eternity. When your choice separates you from the God you were created by and to be in relationship with, it only makes sense it will be utter torture.

Smile.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#14759 May 6, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
My assertion is the fact that these are disparate stories which have been woven together. From a literary POV, The Law of Moses cannot exist before his time, yet the Bible states that Abraham keeps the laws and commandments which are pretty much unspecified. There are no laws at the time Genesis takes place, yet there are transgressions of the Law of Moses which does not exist. Why should anyone take any of this seriously? It doesn't make any sense. There is a non-existent moral code implied yet unspecified. It is a teaching story about a vengeful God unworthy of worship. This is not the God of unconditional love introduced in the Gospels.
You have to do your study on the Patriarchal Age......

Since there was no Bible written at the time, how did God's word come to Cain and Abel??????

God spoken directly to them telling them what was required of them.

In the Patriarchal Age, was not obedience NECESSARY????

Did not God speak to Noah???

God's pattern for building the ark by which the righteous of Noah's day were to be saved.

Didn't Noah LISTEN to God concerning the ark???

Didn't Noah follow God's pattern, never wavering, never deviating, never "improving," only following.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#14760 May 6, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Abraham lived under what has been called the "patriarchal age," the time when God revealed Himself to the patriarchs separately, before a unifying covenant binding on the children of Israel was given.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#14761 May 6, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Study the Patriarchal Age, which began with Adam and continued to Moses, a period of more than 2500 years.

During this era there was no written law, for God SPOKE to the patriarchs directly through visions, dreams, and by special messengers or angels.

This has sometimes been called the period of "Starlight" in
God’s revelation of himself to men.

Location hidden

#14762 May 6, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You argue from deliberate denial of all the facts, and ignorance of faiths you do not know. It only exposes your bigotry and foolishness.
The choice to reject your Maker is yours to 'enjoy' for eternity. When your choice separates you from the God you were created by and to be in relationship with, it only makes sense it will be utter torture.
Smile.
What facts? The Book of Genesis is all mythology. Our existence in the world is simply an insignificant part of an eternal life.

Location hidden

#14763 May 6, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Study the Patriarchal Age, which began with Adam and continued to Moses, a period of more than 2500 years.
During this era there was no written law, for God SPOKE to the patriarchs directly through visions, dreams, and by special messengers or angels.
This has sometimes been called the period of "Starlight" in
God’s revelation of himself to men.
Yes, people heard voices. Today we would call them mentally ill. Why would God talk directly to people but not to others? You are correct about the written law. All of Hebrew Scripture came from oral traditions. It was considered a sin to write it down.

Location hidden

#14764 May 6, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to do your study on the Patriarchal Age......
Since there was no Bible written at the time, how did God's word come to Cain and Abel??????
God spoken directly to them telling them what was required of them.
In the Patriarchal Age, was not obedience NECESSARY????
Did not God speak to Noah???
God's pattern for building the ark by which the righteous of Noah's day were to be saved.
Didn't Noah LISTEN to God concerning the ark???
Didn't Noah follow God's pattern, never wavering, never deviating, never "improving," only following.
How would people know what was expected if God only spoke to a limited number?

“Of Course I Can”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#14765 May 6, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
How would people know what was expected if God only spoke to a limited number?
They would ask dollarsbill and dollarsbill would tell them what God said.

;)

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#14766 May 6, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Still quoting your Book of Lies?
See you in Hell bro.
You'll see a LOT of bro's there, but I won't be there. But Satan and his angels will be with you, FOREVER.

"everlasting fire"

Matthew 25:41 (NKJV)
41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand,'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scientific Proof Of GOD(for dummies) 32 min KAB 1,377
Why do you really believe in a god? 48 min 10uhsee 645
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 1 hr Judgment Day Watc... 20,076
Evidence Against God 4 hr Atheistgirl 3,930
Christians made Jesus God, turnaround and call ... 5 hr Atheistgirl 8
Poll Was Paul a False Apostle? (May '08) 5 hr KAB 5,578
Let's have a discussion, HG. (Oct '12) 6 hr Atheistgirl 183
GS, defend this defamation of my character with... (Oct '12) 6 hr Atheistgirl 974
News Religion, higher education and critical thinking (Aug '15) 6 hr KAB 8,358
More from around the web