Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 Full story: news.yahoo.com 16,104

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Full Story

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#14695 May 4, 2013
For those who want a little actual info ...

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#14696 May 4, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible has little to do with God. Your God is too small.
You wrote:

Your God is too small.....

LOL.....oh my.....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#14697 May 4, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
What commandment was in effect and broken in the myth of Sodom?
God destroyed EVIL.....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#14698 May 4, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
What commandment was in effect and broken in the myth of Sodom?
The LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#14699 May 4, 2013
snyper wrote:
For those who want a little actual info ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =tddCNY6U77YXX
Wait a minute.....

I thought you were NOT going to post on here anymore....

What's up???
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#14700 May 4, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
It is stupidity like yours that is causing people to leave all churches. Keep up the good work.
Big Smile
Without a knowledge of God's Word, a person has.....

No real direction or guidance in life.....

No true joy or peace in life.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#14701 May 4, 2013
How many churches are "dying on the vine," or into wholesale apostasy because their members cannot discern between truth and error.....?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#14702 May 4, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah?
Ezekiel 16:49-50, 49 "Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had PRIDE, EXCESS OF FOOD, and PROSPEROUS EASE, but DID NOT AID THE POOR AND NEEDY. 50 They were HAUGHTY and did an ABOMINATION before me. So I removed them, when I saw it."
The writer uses the word ABOMINATION, Hebrew tow'ebah, Strong #H8441,(a disgusting thing) the same word in the Hebrew that is used to describe HOMOSEXUALITY in
Leviticus 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an ABOMINATION."
The sin in Sodom was on a grand scale, and included more than just homosexual behavior; but this does not take away from the scriptural proof that the event that occurred at Lot's home was driven by the burning homosexual appetites of the men of Sodom.
You said, quote, "God would never commit mass murder." End quote.
Genesis 6:17-18, 17 "For behold, I will bring a flood of waters upon the earth to destroy all flesh in which is the breath of life under heaven. Everything that is on the earth shall die. 18 But I will establish my covenant with you, and you shall come into the ark, you, your sons, your wife, and your sons' wives with you."
If you think this is just a STORY....you do not know the God of the Bible.
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe Saul, then such things are the causes of homosexuality, not the result of it. In other words, when a society becomes so materialistic and predatory, it will produce gay people.
Kind of silly, isn't it?
Saul? Where can I find Saul in my post listed above your response.

Actually what is "kind of silly" is your interpretation.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#14703 May 4, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
How can an adult believe that story? An adult can't but an adult Christian can and does.
You said, quote, "Do you hate god for making you the way you are?" End quote.
God does not make mistakes. God's creation does make mistakes. If you are a homosexual you made a conscious free choice to be homosexual. Nobody is born a homosexual. There is no homosexual gene. There are homosexuals using the excuse "God made me that way" to justify their behavior. Your behavior is your choice not God's choice for you.
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
That's known as the "Pathetic Fallacy"; i.e. ascribing intelligent intent where there is none, especially to inanimate objects.
Nature makes no mistakes only because "it" has no intent to do anything.
Your response lacks substance and truth. Again, check my post above your response. There is no reference to nature. Might I suggest you re-read the post before responding?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#14704 May 4, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Why lie? There is no need. If you are a sodomite just fess up and tell the world being homosexual was your choice. It is that simple.
The sodomite and lesbian Gospel's most solid argument supporting their theory that the sin in Sodom was not homosexuality is based on this verse:
Ezekiel 16:49, "Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fullness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy."
But what they so conveniently neglect to do is provide is the very next verse:
Ezekiel 16:50, "And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good."
The writer uses the word abomination, Hebrew [tow'ebah], the same word in the Hebrew that is used to describe homosexuality in Leviticus 18:22! The sin in Sodom was on a grand scale, and included more than just homosexual behavior; but this does not take away from the scriptural proof that the event that occurred at Lot's home was driven by the burning homosexual appetites of the men of Sodom.
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Just for you, in case you haven't read them yet ...
http://jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/13827-...
http://jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/10122-...
And you, too, can try to remember that it is THEIR story, and they have been studying it for about 3000 yrs, or so. You may also elect to recall that "Jude" is a suspect source because it cites as it's authorities writings that were not considered canonical even in Judaism.
It is their story? Isn't it our story when God made it part of His word in the Bible. Are you suggesting the Bible is for the Jews only?

Your said, quote, "they have been studying it for about 3000 yrs," End quote.

Who is "they"? The Pharisees'?

Jude? My post is above your response. Do you find Jude mentioned in the post?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#14705 May 4, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying God destroyed an entire city because of inhospitality.
Oh, and Lot's wife was turned into a pillar of salt because she was going to miss inhospitality.
That makes sense to you? I'm shocked...
Smirk.
What commandments were in effect at the time the alleged incident took place?

Location hidden

#14706 May 4, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
Thank you. Exactly!!!

Now please tell us how wickedness is determined. Keep in mind, there are two covenants and the Law of Moses does not exist in the Book of Genesis. If you brought into a court and judged but there was no existent law in effect, would that be justice?

Location hidden

#14707 May 4, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Without a knowledge of God's Word, a person has.....
No real direction or guidance in life.....
No true joy or peace in life.
Where does one find God's Word?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#14708 May 4, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
We all have it coming. You too will die someday and never see anyone you know in the world again. Enjoy your blissful fantasy while you can.
Satanic lies.

Location hidden

#14709 May 4, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
If salvation exists, I'm saved already. Otherwise, what difference does it make?
You believe in Jesus of the Bible? If not you will burn in Hell, forever.

Location hidden

#14710 May 4, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you ever get tired of posting lies?
Jeremiah 3:12 ...I am merciful, saith the LORD, and I will not keep anger for ever.
Even if Hell existed anywhere outside your feeble imagination, it would not be forever...
Your Biblical illiteracy noted, again and again ....

"everlasting fire"

Matthew 25:41 (NKJV)
41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand,'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:

You clearly don't believe in Jesus of the Bible.

Location hidden

#14711 May 4, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Southern California has frequent fires. On of the techniques used to fight those fires is the lighting of back fires to burn out the fuel ahead of the wild fire.
Man, wrong in the real world as well as in your little fantasy world. Must suck to be you. I feel sorry for you.
When your body feels the eternal fire you will sing a different tune. It will be a wail.

Matthew 13:49-50 (NKJV)
49 So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come forth, separate the wicked from among the just, 50 and cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

God won't ask your permission.

Location hidden

#14712 May 4, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe in Jesus of the Bible? If not you will burn in Hell, forever.
Sorry. Not buying that kettle of fish today bro.

Location hidden

#14713 May 4, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry. Not buying that kettle of fish today bro.
Not selling, just warning of your fate in the eternal Hell fire. Judgment Day is at hand.

“I'm A Whacko From”

Since: Sep 08

Waco, TX

#14714 May 4, 2013
Judgment day is every day for you, Poopy Shorts.
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Not selling, just warning of your fate in the eternal Hell fire. Judgment Day is at hand.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why doesent God cure cancer? 3 min Jesus Is 92
TheSpiritOfGod DEFEATS the DEVIL " dollarsbill " 10 min dollarsbill 4
> Our God Breathed Bible < 11 min dollarsbill 19
Reason: Christianity's Nemisis 14 min QUITTNER Nov24 2014 68
Why doesn't God let its believers know who has ... 27 min par five 101
Are World Events Pointing to End Times 1 hr dollarsbill 1,965
Is Paul a false Apostle? (Sep '13) 1 hr dollarsbill 1,716
I don't understand 7 hr dollarsbill 525
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 13 hr _hard luck 16,475

Christian People Search