Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16098 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#14656 May 3, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Fire doesn't destroy fire, LOL. Please convince us that you aren't really that ignorant.
Southern California has frequent fires. On of the techniques used to fight those fires is the lighting of back fires to burn out the fuel ahead of the wild fire.

Man, wrong in the real world as well as in your little fantasy world. Must suck to be you. I feel sorry for you.

#14657 May 3, 2013
And gadal was and still is used as a SLANG term for orgasm.
<quoted text>
Utterly false. The only reason that I use the Bible at all is that I CAN use these passages IN context to show xians just how wrong they are. Those are the rules of the game that I have set for myself...
<quoted text>
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
-Gadal is never used as slang for orgasm.
Since people who actually speak and read Hebrew say otherwise, are you posting out of ignorance, or are you deliberately lying?
KiMare wrote:
-Context is the basic rule for understanding the Bible.
You didn't 'set' any rules, you ignored them to troll.
And if you could manage to read for comprehension, you might have been able to catch that those are the rules that >>I<< set for >>me<< in making these posts. I have CHOSEN to NEVER post out of context verses because the facts are on my side. I leave the out of context posts to your side of the debate.

#14658 May 3, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The Old Testament law was given to the children of Israel only.
A gentile or non-Jew was never included as part of the Old Testament.
The Jews made up the priesthood and kingdom of Israel.
(descendants of Abraham and Sarah through Isaac and through Jacob)
Now, why do we need the New Testament???
We don't. Never did, never will.

The God of the Bible was a God for the children of Israel, and anyone that wants to convert to that faith.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#14659 May 3, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, gee... I suppose that the answer is that the word tow'evah is ALWAYS used to refer to things that are an abomination BECAUSE they are part of the worship of foreign Gods. The sin of Sodom was indeed on a grand scale, but it had nothing to do with homosexuality, just like heterosexual gang rape has nothing to do with teen dating.
Yeah, God destroyed a city because it was 'inhospitable'...

Snicker.

Location hidden

#14660 May 3, 2013
Liam R wrote:
And gadal was and still is used as a SLANG term for orgasm.
<quoted text>
Utterly false. The only reason that I use the Bible at all is that I CAN use these passages IN context to show xians just how wrong they are. Those are the rules of the game that I have set for myself...
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Since people who actually speak and read Hebrew say otherwise, are you posting out of ignorance, or are you deliberately lying?
<quoted text>
And if you could manage to read for comprehension, you might have been able to catch that those are the rules that >>I<< set for >>me<< in making these posts. I have CHOSEN to NEVER post out of context verses because the facts are on my side. I leave the out of context posts to your side of the debate.
1. Gadal is used numerous times in the Bible. Perhaps you have an example?

2. So now it isn't that you don't make up your own rules, you now 'never' post out of context. Right.

Maybe you are fat because you are so full of BS.

Smile.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#14661 May 3, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Snicker.
God destroyed the mythical city because of sins against compassion. If you really read the Bible you would know that.

“Romans 13: 8-10”

Since: Feb 08

Oklahoma City, OK

#14662 May 3, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Snicker.
You have a major reading problem. That IS the reason in the STORY of Sodom and Gomorrah that it happened. Now, it IS just a story, God would never commit mass murder.
But the idea that God WOULD because some of the people were gay but not for being greedy and not helping those in need shows you're no Christian at all, and don't get the Bible in the slightest except as a weapon of hate.

Oklahoma City, OK

#14663 May 3, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't. Never did, never will.
The God of the Bible was a God for the children of Israel, and anyone that wants to convert to that faith.
Lie. God doesn't play favorites, God loves people from Brazil, Canada or Iran just as much as people from Israel, and people of any faith or none whatsoever just as much.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#14664 May 3, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Snicker.
How can an adult believe that story?

And you are a self described monster.
Do you hate god for making you the way you are?
If not, why not?
:)

Oklahoma City, OK

#14665 May 3, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Please do not make up foolish lies about science. You will confuse the xians and they are already very confused as it is, especially about science. Science does not say anything about life after death, there are no "scientific measurements" indicating either a dream state or paralysis.
You remain under the foolish (and intentional) MISconception that all Christians are fundamentalists.

Location hidden

#14666 May 3, 2013
OkieDarren wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a major reading problem. That IS the reason in the STORY of Sodom and Gomorrah that it happened. Now, it IS just a story, God would never commit mass murder.
But the idea that God WOULD because some of the people were gay but not for being greedy and not helping those in need shows you're no Christian at all, and don't get the Bible in the slightest except as a weapon of hate.
Liar.

Smile.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#14667 May 3, 2013
OkieDarren wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah?

Ezekiel 16:49-50, 49 "Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had PRIDE, EXCESS OF FOOD, and PROSPEROUS EASE, but DID NOT AID THE POOR AND NEEDY. 50 They were HAUGHTY and did an ABOMINATION before me. So I removed them, when I saw it."

The writer uses the word ABOMINATION, Hebrew tow'ebah, Strong #H8441,(a disgusting thing) the same word in the Hebrew that is used to describe HOMOSEXUALITY in

Leviticus 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an ABOMINATION."

The sin in Sodom was on a grand scale, and included more than just homosexual behavior; but this does not take away from the scriptural proof that the event that occurred at Lot's home was driven by the burning homosexual appetites of the men of Sodom.

You said, quote, "God would never commit mass murder." End quote.

Genesis 6:17-18, 17 "For behold, I will bring a flood of waters upon the earth to destroy all flesh in which is the breath of life under heaven. Everything that is on the earth shall die. 18 But I will establish my covenant with you, and you shall come into the ark, you, your sons, your wife, and your sons' wives with you."

If you think this is just a STORY....you do not know the God of the Bible.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#14668 May 3, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
How can an adult believe that story?
And you are a self described monster.
Do you hate god for making you the way you are?
If not, why not?
:)
How can an adult believe that story? An adult can't but an adult Christian can and does.

You said, quote, "Do you hate god for making you the way you are?" End quote.

God does not make mistakes. God's creation does make mistakes. If you are a homosexual you made a conscious free choice to be homosexual. Nobody is born a homosexual. There is no homosexual gene. There are homosexuals using the excuse "God made me that way" to justify their behavior. Your behavior is your choice not God's choice for you.

Location hidden

#14669 May 3, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Ezekiel 16:49-50, 49 "Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had PRIDE, EXCESS OF FOOD, and PROSPEROUS EASE, but DID NOT AID THE POOR AND NEEDY. 50 They were HAUGHTY and did an ABOMINATION before me. So I removed them, when I saw it."
The writer uses the word ABOMINATION, Hebrew tow'ebah, Strong #H8441,(a disgusting thing) the same word in the Hebrew that is used to describe HOMOSEXUALITY in
Leviticus 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an ABOMINATION."
The sin in Sodom was on a grand scale, and included more than just homosexual behavior; but this does not take away from the scriptural proof that the event that occurred at Lot's home was driven by the burning homosexual appetites of the men of Sodom.
Genesis 6:17-18, 17 "For behold, I will bring a flood of waters upon the earth to destroy all flesh in which is the breath of life under heaven. Everything that is on the earth shall die. 18 But I will establish my covenant with you, and you shall come into the ark, you, your sons, your wife, and your sons' wives with you."
It is just a mythological story. Given the Book of Genesis, what commandment was broken? Keep in mind the ten commandments and all the Law of Moses did not exist.

Location hidden

#14670 May 3, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
How can an adult believe that story? An adult can't but an adult Christian can and does.
God does not make mistakes. God's creation does make mistakes. If you are a homosexual you made a conscious free choice to be homosexual. Nobody is born a homosexual. There is no homosexual gene. There are homosexuals using the excuse "God made me that way" to justify their behavior. Your behavior is your choice not God's choice for you.
BS.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#14671 May 3, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
God destroyed the mythical city because of sins against compassion. If you really read the Bible you would know that.
Why lie? There is no need. If you are a sodomite just fess up and tell the world being homosexual was your choice. It is that simple.

The sodomite and lesbian Gospel's most solid argument supporting their theory that the sin in Sodom was not homosexuality is based on this verse:

Ezekiel 16:49, "Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fullness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy."

But what they so conveniently neglect to do is provide is the very next verse:

Ezekiel 16:50, "And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good."

The writer uses the word abomination, Hebrew [tow'ebah], the same word in the Hebrew that is used to describe homosexuality in Leviticus 18:22! The sin in Sodom was on a grand scale, and included more than just homosexual behavior; but this does not take away from the scriptural proof that the event that occurred at Lot's home was driven by the burning homosexual appetites of the men of Sodom.

Location hidden

#14672 May 3, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
It is just a mythological story. Given the Book of Genesis, what commandment was broken? Keep in mind the ten commandments and all the Law of Moses did not exist.
You mean when this was;

Proverbs 8:22-36 (GW)
“The LORD already possessed me long ago, when his way began, before any of his works.
23 I was appointed from everlasting from the first, before the earth began.
24 I was born before there were oceans, before there were springs filled with water.
25 I was born before the mountains were settled in their places and before the hills,
26 when he had not yet made land or fields or the first dust of the world.
27 “When he set up the heavens, I was there. When he traced the horizon on the surface of the ocean,
28 when he established the skies above, when he determined the currents in the ocean,
29 when he set a limit for the sea so the waters would not overstep his command, when he traced the foundations of the earth,
30 I was beside him as a master craftsman. I made him happy day after day, I rejoiced in front of him all the time,
31 found joy in his inhabited world, and delighted in the human race.
32 “Now, sons, listen to me. Blessed are those who follow my ways.
33 Listen to discipline, and become wise. Do not leave my ways.
34 Blessed is the person who listens to me, watches at my door day after day, and waits by my doorposts.
35 Whoever finds me finds life and obtains favor from the LORD.
36 Whoever sins against me harms himself. All those who hate me love death.”
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#14673 May 3, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "Keep in mind the ten commandments and all the Law of Moses did not exist." End quote.

Interesting concept. However, it is a concept with many holes. The law and command of God in fact did exist. Adam and Eve violated the law (command of God) and as a result were put out of the garden and death entered the world. Would you agree God was very serious regarding His commands?

The "Law of Moses" was in fact the law of God and His Ten Commandments. Moses was the vessel the Lord used to deliver His commands to the people of Israel they were not the "Law of Moses".

Genesis 2:16-17, 16 "And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, "You may surely eat of every tree of the garden, 17 but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die."

Genesis 3:24, "He drove out the man, and at the east of the garden of Eden he placed the cherubim and a flaming sword that turned every way to guard the way to the tree of life."
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#14674 May 3, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
BS.
Apparently you are not a Christ follower if you believe what was posted aboveis BS. Your Gospel and your word differs from His. The Bible is His book written to us. Why did He give it to us? He loves us. Praise God.

II Timothy 3:16-17, 16 "All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work."
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#14675 May 3, 2013
Sorry for the double post. I do not know how that happens.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Early Christianity (Dec '16) 4 hr Taranis 2,298
is it me or who else can see demons and angels ? (Nov '11) 4 hr Taranis 392
Israel is anti christ, literally 4 hr Taranis 87
judgment coming to america 5 hr Taranis 99
Why should God bless America!? (Dec '15) 5 hr Preacher 78
KEY LA's LUNCHES 6 hr Neo Neo Neo 1
False Teachings of Jews that defy their Holy Sc... 8 hr adelaide 35
The False Teachings of the Hebrew Israelites, s... (Jan '14) 8 hr adelaide 1,348
More from around the web