Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16102 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#14634 May 2, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You have not obtained salvation because it is a gift from God.
You've been indoctrinated in a heretical soteriology.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#14635 May 2, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You should care. Soon you will face eternity.
What do you mean face eternity? We are already there.

“Born again atheist”

Since: Jun 12

Melbourne

#14636 May 3, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not for sale by God. It's free.
Sorry, no junk mail.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#14637 May 3, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no proof. Very ignorant comment.
True. Technically, we cannot prove that Hell or Heaven do not exist, just like you cannot prove that Hades and the Elysium Fields don't exist. Therefore, they are all equally likely to exist. Good for you...you've just made your afterlife just as real as the ancient Greek afterlife. To be fair, though, it's also just as real as the great hall in Valhalla and the beer volcano with the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

The correct wording would have been, "there is no rational reason to accept the claim that Heaven or Hell exist."

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#14638 May 3, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Salvation is a gift from God that you haven't received.
And what about all the gifts from Zeus that you refuse?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#14639 May 3, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not like I alone am pointing out the errors in the NT, any r3eputable scholar knows that there are tons of errors in the translations. It is literally IMPOSSIBLE for there to ever be a perfect translation of anything more complex than "see Spot run".
The Old Testament law was given to the children of Israel only.

A gentile or non-Jew was never included as part of the Old Testament.

The Jews made up the priesthood and kingdom of Israel.

(descendants of Abraham and Sarah through Isaac and through Jacob)

Now, why do we need the New Testament???

Location hidden

#14640 May 3, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
A gentile or non-Jew was never included as part of the Old Testament.
The Jews made up the priesthood and kingdom of Israel.
(descendants of Abraham and Sarah through Isaac and through Jacob)
Now, why do we need the New Testament???
Not precisely true.

http://jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/9679-l...

You might find an interesting similarity with the account by one of Saul's followers, Luke, who records the Jerusalem community limiting Saul's teaching of the gentiles (Noachidim) to what bears a striking resemblance to contemporaneous Pharisee interpretation of the Noachian Laws (not yet accounted as being seven).

Consider, too, the position prevalent at the time regarding ...

http://jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/12391-...

which casts a different light on "the Great Commission" from that probably most familiar to you.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#14641 May 3, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been indoctrinated in a heretical soteriology.
Did someone tell you that God wants you? Salvation is a gift that you have not been given.

Location hidden

#14642 May 3, 2013
Sceptical_Mal wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, no junk mail.
I know. You are perishing and without hope. You will lose everything and everyone you love, FOREVER.

Location hidden

#14643 May 3, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
True. Technically, we cannot prove that Hell or Heaven do not exist, just like you cannot prove that Hades and the Elysium Fields don't exist. Therefore, they are all equally likely to exist. Good for you...you've just made your afterlife just as real as the ancient Greek afterlife. To be fair, though, it's also just as real as the great hall in Valhalla and the beer volcano with the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
The correct wording would have been, "there is no rational reason to accept the claim that Heaven or Hell exist."
The PROBLEM is those who reject Jesus the only Savior will burn in Hell, forever.

Location hidden

#14644 May 3, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
And what about all the gifts from Zeus that you refuse?
Zeus = Satan. I don't want Satan's gifts. They always cause death.

Location hidden

#14645 May 3, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that is FACT!!!

Location hidden

#14646 May 3, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. You are perishing and without hope. You will lose everything and everyone you love, FOREVER.
We all have it coming. You too will die someday and never see anyone you know in the world again. Enjoy your blissful fantasy while you can.

Location hidden

#14647 May 3, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Salvation is a gift from God that you haven't received.
If salvation exists, I'm saved already. Otherwise, what difference does it make?

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#14648 May 3, 2013
Thinking wrote:
It is clearly a story about acne, and nothing to do with a dog.
<quoted text>
There is a science fiction story set several centuries into the future that involved students reading "ancient" books (from our time). One of the books included the Latin phrase "fiat lux" in an otherwise English language text. None of the human students bothered to ask, but one of the alien students was confused since the language translation program muttered something about a type of automobile and a brand name for dish washing soap.

Posting here, I can understand how that fictional teacher felt about the humans that didn't even ask...

#14649 May 3, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul is a false prophet? Really? Why? Is Paul a false prophet because his theology of truth does not line up with your theology of lies?
You should buy a huge black magic marker and start drawing lines through the verses in the Bible that do not match up with your theology. Your Bible may be more black marker than white paper.
Paul is a false prophet because that is what the Bible says. Paul freely taught taught it was okay to ignore the Laws of the Old Testament, yet the Bible repeatedly stresses the point that ALL of the Law was to be followed FOR EVER, without changing one letter of the text.

If there is no validity in the Torah, if the Torah is a theology of lies, then the Bible is no better than the cult of $cientology. However, if there IS any validity to the Torah, then Paul should have been stoned to death by Jews and christians alike...

Deuteronomy 18:20 But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#14650 May 3, 2013
Wayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Queers won't make it to heaven,,Sorry to burst your bubble.
Yes and I'm sure that your extremely loving and christlike ways, which are displayed here with your insults and stupidity will get you a seat on the right hand of God.

#14651 May 3, 2013
OldJG wrote:
The Gospel for sodomites and lesbians most solid argument supporting their theory that the sin in Sodom was not homosexuality is based on this verse: "'Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fullness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy."- Ezekiel 16:49. But what they so conveniently neglect to do is provide is the very next verse: "And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good."- Ezekiel 16:50. The writer uses the word abomination, Hebrew [tow'ebah], the same word in the Hebrew that is used to describe homosexuality in Leviticus 18:22! The sin in Sodom was on a grand scale, and included more than just homosexual behavior; but this does not take away from the scriptural proof that the event that occurred at Lot's home was driven by the burning homosexual appetites of the men of Sodom.
Well, gee... I suppose that the answer is that the word tow'evah is ALWAYS used to refer to things that are an abomination BECAUSE they are part of the worship of foreign Gods. The sin of Sodom was indeed on a grand scale, but it had nothing to do with homosexuality, just like heterosexual gang rape has nothing to do with teen dating.

#14652 May 3, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell fire awaits you. There is no end. Hell is forever.
Don't you ever get tired of posting lies?

Jeremiah 3:12 ...I am merciful, saith the LORD, and I will not keep anger for ever.

Even if Hell existed anywhere outside your feeble imagination, it would not be forever...

“THE JOURNEY OF A 1000 MILES”

Since: Aug 08

BEGINS WITH JUST ONE STEP:-)

#14653 May 3, 2013
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>Yes and I'm sure that your extremely loving and christlike ways, which are displayed here with your insults and stupidity will get you a seat on the right hand of God.
Don't ya know it........their behavior is totally okay, but others is bad......lol!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 42 min WasteWater 8,365
Here is My Spiritual Dilemma ... 49 min leticia 157
4,70,000 errors, mistakes, contradictions in bible 50 min 15th Dalai Lama 497
News Religion, higher education and critical thinking 50 min leticia 216
County Clerk in Kentucky should resign. 1 hr Gary Coaldigger 1
Did Adam And Eve Ever Get Married? (Apr '09) 2 hr princeofdarknessi... 266
Does the Law of God matter? 2 hr Barnsweb 246
More from around the web