Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16101 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#14498 May 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You clearly 'love' nothing.
Love FULFILLS the spirit of the Law instead of the letter. It does not change it.
Jesus taught from both the Law and the prophets. You lied.
Smile.
Wow! Here I can actually say that you are right! Well, mostly right, anyway. It does not good to fulfill the spirit if you are violating the letter of the Law - if that is even possible.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#14499 May 2, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Because He said He would.
1 Corinthians 6:9 (NKJV)
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,
Your lies about Jonathan and David noted.
That was not the God of the Bible, that was the false prophet Paul. Even then, that is not an accurate translation.

“Of Course I Can”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#14500 May 2, 2013
Yes, unlike your god who never did exist.
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
And you will forever.
"fire and brimstone" "tormented" "forever"
Revelation 20:10 (NKJV)
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#14501 May 2, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Dollar's God is unworthy of worship. I spit on his puny God.
Glad I didn't say that.

MT 12 On the Day of Judgment ... by your words you will be condemned.

“Of Course I Can”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#14502 May 2, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Dollar's God is unworthy of worship. I spit on his puny God.
Totally agree. Dollar's god lives in his head where he tells Dollar to condemn everyone that's not as ignorant as he is.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#14503 May 2, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, consider:
A man would take multiple wives and serve as the provider and protector of all of them.
While definitely not ideal, living in a polygamist household was far better than the alternatives: prostitution, slavery, or starvation.
Having multiple wives also cause problems:
1 Kings 11:3-4
3 He had seven hundred wives of royal birth and three hundred concubines, and his wives led him astray.
4 As Solomon grew old, his wives turned his heart after other gods, and his heart was not fully devoted to the Lord his God, as the heart of David his father had been.
Note: his wives TURNED his heart after other gods....and his heart was NOT FULLY devoted to the Lord his God....
And part of the reason for that is that Solomon took wives that were not of the children of Israel, they were foreign. But do pay attention: the problem was NOT the multiple wives, but the fact that some of those wives were worshiping other Gods and convinced Sol to go along with them.

However, except in the most severe cases of depopulation of the males (war, perhaps?) there is never any NEED for one man to take many wives to "save" them from prostitution, slavery or starvation. As long as the sex ratio is reasonably close to balanced, there will be plenty of husbands.

Hmm, unless there were HUGE numbers of those gay cariycim running around...

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#14504 May 2, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
That was not the God of the Bible, that was the false prophet Paul. Even then, that is not an accurate translation.
Your Satanic opinions noted and rejected. You are Biblically illiterate.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#14505 May 2, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
Yes, unlike your god who never did exist.
<quoted text>
Satanic lies. Satan is your father. That's why you make so many totally ignorant posts.

John 8:44 (NKJV)
44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.

“Of Course I Can”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#14506 May 2, 2013
Satan is your mother. That's why you're ignorant.
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Satanic lies. Satan is your father. That's why you make so many totally ignorant posts.
John 8:44 (NKJV)
44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#14507 May 2, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally agree. Dollar's god lives in his head where he tells Dollar to condemn everyone that's not as ignorant as he is.
I guess small minds feel they must be better than somebody else. I say, small minds means small Gods.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#14508 May 2, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
Satan is your mother. That's why you're ignorant.
<quoted text>
The difference is that I don't have to make it up like you do. I just quote God.

John 8:44 (NKJV)
44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#14509 May 2, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess small minds feel they must be better than somebody else. I say, small minds means small Gods.
But Satan's children have tiny ignorant opinions.

“Of Course I Can”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#14513 May 2, 2013
You just quote garbage that was made up by other men who are just as ignorant as you are.

That's not proof of anything.
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference is that I don't have to make it up like you do. I just quote God.
John 8:44 (NKJV)
44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.

“Of Course I Can”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#14514 May 2, 2013
Which is proof that you are a child of Satan.
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
But Satan's children have tiny ignorant opinions.

“Of Course I Can”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#14515 May 2, 2013
Sadly, poor Bill is not firing on all cylinders.
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess small minds feel they must be better than somebody else. I say, small minds means small Gods.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#14516 May 2, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
You just quote garbage that was made up by other men who are just as ignorant as you are.
That's not proof of anything.
<quoted text>
All of your posts are "garbage" and filth that comes from your heart. You're like a garbage can. You are blind and perishing, heading for eternal fire.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#14517 May 2, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
Sadly, poor Bill is not firing on all cylinders.
<quoted text>
You are going to Hell. I don't want your ignorant opinions. You can't help anyone.

“Of Course I Can”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#14518 May 2, 2013
Poor Bill. He's getting angry.

Just the way I like it.

;)
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
All of your posts are "garbage" and filth that comes from your heart. You're like a garbage can. You are blind and perishing, heading for eternal fire.

“Of Course I Can”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#14519 May 2, 2013
There is no hell, Bill. I'm going the same place you are--to rot in the ground because this is all there is.
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You are going to Hell. I don't want your ignorant opinions. You can't help anyone.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#14520 May 2, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
Poor Bill. He's getting angry.
Just the way I like it.
;)
<quoted text>
Why would I get angry? I don't want you to go to Hell.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christians made Jesus God, turnaround and call ... 35 min Atheistgirl 25
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 1 hr Maverick 808 20,086
Poll Was Paul a False Apostle? (May '08) 2 hr Taranis 5,600
Evidence Against God 2 hr Atheistgirl 3,952
News Religion, higher education and critical thinking (Aug '15) 4 hr rog 8,374
Jesus did not claim to be God 4 hr Atheistgirl 6
Why do you really believe in a god? 8 hr KAB 654
More from around the web