Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 Full story: news.yahoo.com 16,103

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Read more

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#14328 Apr 28, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
What don't you understand about Matthew 19?
Smile.
Why not ask yourself that question?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#14330 Apr 28, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay twirl deceit.
Jesus affirmed what Moses said. That is why you removed all the context of both quotes except for two words.
Jesus affirmed that marriage was between a man and woman, and that the option was abstinence.
It's not complicated, what are you having trouble understanding?
Smile.
You are aware I think that Moses is considered by many Bible scholars as a fictional character, and there is no evidence of any of his life and the events around his life, such as the exodus from Egypt.
Uncircumcised Philistine

Atlanta, GA

#14332 Apr 28, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay twirl deceit.
Jesus affirmed what Moses said. That is why you removed all the context of both quotes except for two words.
Jesus affirmed that marriage was between a man and woman, and that the option was abstinence.
Smile.
Very simple yet true.

But you are making too much sense and that will get you in trouble on topix with the gays, atheists and trolls.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#14333 Apr 28, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly, ignorant child...
1 Samuel18:3 Then Jonathan and David made a covenant, because he loved him as his own soul.
18:4 And Jonathan stripped himself of the robe that was upon him, and gave it to David, and his garments, even to his sword, and to his bow, and to his girdle.
1 Samuel 19:2 But Jonathan Saul's son delighted much in David...
1 Samuel 20:3 And David sware moreover, and said, Thy father certainly knoweth that I have found grace in thine eyes...
20:16 So Jonathan made a covenant with the house of David, saying, Let the LORD even require it at the hand of David's enemies.
20:17 And Jonathan caused David to swear again, because he loved him: for he loved him as he loved his own soul.
20:41 And as soon as the lad was gone, David arose out of a place toward the south, and fell on his face to the ground, and bowed himself three times: and they kissed one another, and wept one with another, until David exceeded.
<Fun fact: the word translated as "exceeded" was and is used as a slang term for orgasm. David hugged Johnathan until he had an orgasm.>
A traditional Jewish wedding can be entered into in any one of three ways: by an exchange of gifts, by an exchange of vows, or by an exchange of bodily fluids (i.e. having sex). David and Johnathan used all three methods.
Oh my....

Enough said....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#14334 Apr 28, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
You sick disgusting person, how dare twist and take the bible out of its context to fulfill your homosexual fantasy.
Repent and be baptised with the holy spirit
YEP!!!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#14335 Apr 28, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
He has done none of those things. His grasp of the prevailing cultural norms is quite accurate.
But then, as a gentile, you would not be aware of such things.
Oh my....

No truths in a marriage of David and Jonathan....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#14336 Apr 28, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to live by the fruit of the spirit
Galatians 5:16-26
New International Version (NIV)
16 So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. 17 For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever[a] you want. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.
Praise the Lord!!!

Amen!!!

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#14338 Apr 28, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, so your God doesn't support a rapist buying his victim?
Your God doesn't support conquering a city and taking the virgin females as prizes?
Your God doesn't support polygamy?
Weird, because your Bible explicitly says he does.
I'm guessing it's become too boring to sit around on the tranny forum agreeing with each other, hmm?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#14339 Apr 28, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, Jesus was wrong about other things, too. After all, there is the fact that the Bible celebrates the marriage of David and Johnathan that shows Jesus was wrong here. Although, to be fair, the vast majority of marriages would have been male/female - Jesus might not have known of any same sex marriages.
Jonathan and David were like-minded, like-faithed and best friends who dearly loved each other in the highest and purest form.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#14340 Apr 28, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, Jesus was wrong about other things, too. After all, there is the fact that the Bible celebrates the marriage of David and Johnathan that shows Jesus was wrong here. Although, to be fair, the vast majority of marriages would have been male/female - Jesus might not have known of any same sex marriages.
Jonathan makes a covenant to selflessly serve David as King.

This is another example of the pure obedient, selfless faith of Jonathan.

This covenant would have included an oath from Jonathan to serve David as his king.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#14341 Apr 28, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Jonathan (Saul’s son) and David are almost mirror images of character and among the most God-like men in the Bible.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#14342 Apr 28, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay twirl deceit.
Smile.
Meaning and nuance can pivot radically upon a single word, moreso upon two.

Note that he NEVER said, "God say".

Yeshua was NOT a follower of the Biblicist heresy.

Location hidden

#14343 Apr 28, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Jonathan makes a covenant to selflessly serve David as King.
This is another example of the pure obedient, selfless faith of Jonathan.
This covenant would have included an oath from Jonathan to serve David as his king.
Conjecture, not scriptural, based upon what you imagine and want the actions to mean.

On the other hand, "Liam"'s presentation of the cultural norms and practices of the time is quite accurate.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#14344 Apr 28, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it doesn't.
Smile.
Why do you lie?

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#14345 Apr 28, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I'm guessing it's become too boring to sit around on the tranny forum agreeing with each other, hmm?
I have no idea what you're talking about.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#14346 Apr 28, 2013
Real marriage and all other options;

Matthew 19:4 "Haven't you read the Scriptures?" Jesus replied. "They record that from the beginning 'God made them male and female.'*5 And he said,'This explains why a man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife, and the two are united into one.'*6 Since they are no longer two but one, let no one split apart what God has joined together."
7 "Then why did Moses say in the law that a man could give his wife a written notice of divorce and send her away?"* they asked.
8 Jesus replied, "Moses permitted divorce only as a concession to your hard hearts, but it was not what God had originally intended.9 And I tell you this, whoever divorces his wife and marries someone else commits adultery—unless his wife has been unfaithful.*"
10 Jesus' disciples then said to him, "If this is the case, it is better not to marry!"
11 "Not everyone can accept this statement," Jesus said. "Only those whom God helps.12 Some are born as eunuchs, some have been made eunuchs by others, and some choose not to marry* for the sake of the Kingdom of Heaven. Let anyone accept this who can."

“SCOTUS will Rule in June for”

Since: Aug 08

MARRIAGE EQUALITY:-)

#14347 Apr 28, 2013
KiMare wrote:
*6 Since they are no longer two but one, let no one split apart what God has joined together."
Really, divorce Judges do it ALL THE TIME......LOL!!!

“"Freedom isn't free"”

Since: Feb 10

Sacramento Ca.

#14348 Apr 28, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Jonathan (Saul’s son) and David are almost mirror images of character and among the most God-like men in the Bible.
King David and Jonathan were at the very least Bi-sexuals! And here is a link with much more info on that very subject! Bottom line,straight friends no matter how close don't get a "woody" when in the company of each other! Enjoy!

The story of King David and Jonathan's love for each other!

http://www.examiner.com/spiritual-life-in-nat...

Location hidden

#14349 Apr 29, 2013
RUFUBAR wrote:
<quoted text>
King David and Jonathan were at the very least Bi-sexuals! And here is a link with much more info on that very subject! Bottom line,straight friends no matter how close don't get a "woody" when in the company of each other! Enjoy!
The story of King David and Jonathan's love for each other!
http://www.examiner.com/spiritual-life-in-nat...
So while David and Jonathan were both married to women, and David was judged for adultery with Bathsheba, he was extolled for adultery with Jonathon???

Gay logic.

Snicker.

Location hidden

#14350 Apr 29, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, divorce Judges do it ALL THE TIME......LOL!!!
And society and children suffer the consequences.

Not funny.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Before The Big Bang 9 min Justice League 2,538
Poll 2015 edition: who is the dumbest fundie on topix? 1 hr Caring For Your Soul 163
ASK the BIBLE MAN? 2 hr Seentheotherside 93
Holocaustianity was made to replace Christianity 2 hr Jesus Is 89
For Atheist, Agnostics, Whoever... 2 hr IAMAMERICA 681
Questions for Dollarsbill? 2 hr IAMAMERICA 49
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 hr Nifo Oti 2,002
More from around the web