Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16102 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

Thinking

Exmouth, UK

#14153 Apr 22, 2013
Since your god is so quick to anger, your god will never attain ultimate happiness.
Truth wrote:
Sin, put as simply as possible, is that which is unacceptable to God.
It is what angers God.
It is what separates man from God, and from the possibility of ultimate happiness.
The Oracle

UK

#14154 Apr 22, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>And how much of the rest of the Mosaic law are you following? I ask this because depending on where you really are in the world, you may have just violated its rules governing observance of the Sabbath, which carries the same penalty.

Your suggestion that Jesus observed the sanctity of the sabbath, by avoiding sodomy on a Sunday, places you in the delusional, subcultural world of homosexual Christianity. In other words the realm of Satan.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#14155 Apr 22, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Since your god is so quick to anger, your god will never attain ultimate happiness.
<quoted text>
Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, forbearance and patience, not realizing that God’s kindness is intended to lead you to repentance?
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#14156 Apr 22, 2013
Before we discuss your god's alleged kindness further, please get your god to deliver, worldwide, ten years of no miscarriages, no cot deaths and no childhood leukaemia.
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, forbearance and patience, not realizing that God’s kindness is intended to lead you to repentance?

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#14157 Apr 22, 2013
The Oracle wrote:
Your suggestion that Jesus observed the sanctity of the sabbath, by avoiding sodomy on a Sunday, places you in the delusional, subcultural world of homosexual Christianity. In other words the realm of Satan.
Are you okay? Do you need help? We can get it to you if you just ask.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#14158 Apr 22, 2013
Truth wrote:
It is our Christian duty to reveal SIN....
But condemning the sinners, that's still His job, you're supposed to put those rocks, both figurative and literal, right back where you found them. You get to be judge over no one's sins but your own and even then, He still gets the final Word.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#14159 Apr 22, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you don't usually show any sign of Christ's love toward others, and don't follow the tenets of christianity in your personal life, why pretend knowledge of Christianity that just isn't yours?
Do you believe that a christian's duty is to drive as many people away from Christianity as possible?
If so, you are doing a bang up job.
First, I've never exposed my belief system. I have said I am a redeemed cynic who remains barbarian. I have said I love sinking the knife of reality to the hilt into the belly of denial and twisting it with a smirk. Oh, and I enjoy kicking at the darkness until it bleeds light.

Second, I don't treat everyone the same. If there is someone who is open and searching, they will find a fair and sensitive response.

For reprobates like you, see point one.

Smile.

Location hidden

#14160 Apr 22, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
And, this is the same alien that commanded genocide and condoned rape and slavery (and has yet to apologize for either). So, that's your ultimate authority, eh? Couldn't find anything better out of any world mythologies?
Instead of admitting your ignorance, yo
u shift so I can expose your stupidity again???

Silly girl.

Snicker.

Location hidden

#14161 Apr 22, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, and making fun of baldness is apparently one of the things that REALLY gets under God's skin.
A reasonable person would learn there are certain positions you don't mock.

2 Peter 2:10-12 (NIV)
10 This is especially true of those who follow the corrupt desire of the sinful nature and despise authority. Bold and arrogant, these men are not afraid to slander celestial beings;
11 yet even angels, although they are stronger and more powerful, do not bring slanderous accusations against such beings in the presence of the Lord.
12 But these men blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like brute beasts, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed, and like beasts they too will perish.

Location hidden

#14162 Apr 22, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
And, if we were having this conversation 3,000 years ago in Greece, you'd be arguing about the pantheon of Greek gods being real based on that same popularity. If "it's popular right now" is your idea of evidence of the validity of a proposition, then you don't know what the word "evidence" means.
<quoted text>
Indeed.
While Christianity didn't exist 3000 years ago, Judaism did and still does. In fact, both Judaism and Christianity have existed far longer than any Greek idol did.

Just a note, Islam grows by force, and forbids debate. Hardly the same as the Judeo/Christian faiths.

Smile.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#14163 Apr 22, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Nearly half of fertilised eggs just don't make it.
That makes god the biggest abortionist of all time.
<quoted text>
Minor point, but only about 1 in 5 actually make it to live birth. Most of the rest get tossed with that month's tampon.
LowellGuy

United States

#14164 Apr 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
A reasonable person would learn there are certain positions you don't mock.
2 Peter 2:10-12 (NIV)
10 This is especially true of those who follow the corrupt desire of the sinful nature and despise authority. Bold and arrogant, these men are not afraid to slander celestial beings;
11 yet even angels, although they are stronger and more powerful, do not bring slanderous accusations against such beings in the presence of the Lord.
12 But these men blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like brute beasts, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed, and like beasts they too will perish.
But, you don't disagree that bald jokes are a capital offense. That is the position of your moral authority. Should people be put to death for harrassing the bald-headed?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#14165 Apr 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Great point!
What they knowingly deny is that these very laws have distinguished and protected the Hebrew culture from every other culture.
I grew up in Rockford.
Blessings.
Rockford is suffering but hopefully will make a comeback. Much of the industry has left town. I have lived here my entire life other than time served in the Army.

Take care.
LowellGuy

United States

#14166 Apr 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
While Christianity didn't exist 3000 years ago, Judaism did and still does. In fact, both Judaism and Christianity have existed far longer than any Greek idol did.
Just a note, Islam grows by force, and forbids debate. Hardly the same as the Judeo/Christian faiths.
Smile.
Oh, so the Crusades and Inquisition and the Holy Roman Empire didn't spread Christianity by force? Interesting. Clearly, you define "force" and "debate" differently than I do. Same growing pains, just occurring at different times but at similar stages. But, if you ignore how the Hebrews killed anyone who disagreed, and the spread of Christianity by torturing and killing non-believers, you make a compelling argument.
LowellGuy

United States

#14167 Apr 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
First, I've never exposed my belief system. I have said I am a redeemed cynic who remains barbarian. I have said I love sinking the knife of reality to the hilt into the belly of denial and twisting it with a smirk. Oh, and I enjoy kicking at the darkness until it bleeds light.
Second, I don't treat everyone the same. If there is someone who is open and searching, they will find a fair and sensitive response.
For reprobates like you, see point one.
Smile.
What is skepticism, and how does that differ from cynicism? Why did you abandon skepticism?

#14168 Apr 22, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Murder??? Oh wait, nope G-D is good with it. Shall I make a list of all they different things that G-D allows you to be killed for?
But if the God of the Bible commanded it, is it really "murder"? After all, "murder" is the UNlawful killing of another human being.

#14169 Apr 22, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
We cannot blame God when we sin, and we cannot claim that the devil forced us to sin because it is our choice if we decide to do it.
Hey! You're getting better! Now, you just need to understand that sexual orientation is genetic or epigenetic in nature, which means that no one chooses to be straight or gay, they just are what they are. Put those two thoughts together, and it becomes readily apparent that homosexuality is no more a sin than is heterosexuality.
Thinking

Sturminster Newton, UK

#14170 Apr 22, 2013
Got any decent sources?
V. happy to update polemic to "god aborts 80%" if you have.
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Minor point, but only about 1 in 5 actually make it to live birth.

#14171 Apr 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
Well, I'll give you partial credit on this, since xianity is not CURRENTLY growing by force. Unless you count the threat of disease or starvation implicit in the missionaries being the one's that provide aid in certain parts of the world...

Location hidden

#14172 Apr 22, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, so the Crusades and Inquisition and the Holy Roman Empire didn't spread Christianity by force? Interesting. Clearly, you define "force" and "debate" differently than I do. Same growing pains, just occurring at different times but at similar stages. But, if you ignore how the Hebrews killed anyone who disagreed, and the spread of Christianity by torturing and killing non-believers, you make a compelling argument.
I'll give you a chance to check your history apart from gay twirl sites.

Get back when you have an informed comment.

Idiot.

Smile.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Homosexual acts remain a sin. 9 min Justise League 207
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 5,865
THE "dollar LESS bill" HAS HE GONE TO HELL? 1 hr dollarsbill 12
*Forgiveness* 3 hr Truths 26
Mark 4:11 – Should Christians follow the Bible? 3 hr Son of Man 258
all religions are myths and fictions 4 hr Allen Richards 71
Are World Events Pointing to End Times (Aug '14) 6 hr Truth 2,635
More from around the web